Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Niccolo Ammaniti
Vice Captain

Spoopy Specter

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2015 2:08 am
Quinn

Please practice listening skills. smile I argued because it would negatively affect not only myself, but my team mates. They would have lost because they altered the game.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2015 2:09 am
JanJiz
Krodan
JanJiz
Krodan
Niccolo Ammaniti
Quinn

Buddy, they ignored their own rules. I don't need their gold. It is against the rules to alter the game to incite drama. Both the Captain and Vice agree on this fact. We don't mind losing, but we hate tampering with the game.

and yet right out of the box, SOMEONES complaining tampered with the chosen actions from the getgo. Janjiz was to die the first round AT RANDOM, if someone had not had a hissy fit.

what? I have no idea what you're talking about. And regardless I have been protected from death the entire game by 2 angels.

Also "hissy fit" what are you going on about?

I am not going to mince words. You are the reason that decisions were changed. Saving your precious feelings was more important than the integrity of the game. That says something, Oh Great Guild Leader.

Be specific Krodan. Changed when. In round one? You obviously dont know everything that has been going on. And don't try to act like you do. Round one they changed the Killer role to have 2 deaths which I opposed and told them why they decided to keep it that way, and I didn't oppose them anymore on it and told them that if they wanted to keep it that way they had to quote everyone and let them know that it was changed because if not it wasn't fair to everyone who didn't reread the roles. So tell me how is that changing the integrity of the game when I was the one trying to up hold it. I take my guild extremely seriously when it comes to integrity. I could provide proof of this if you like. I keep track of everything.

I merely speak from my perspective as someone that was asked to join because there was not enough players.

This is a game where imaginary currency is on the line. I am not going to argue this. Point is, it is done, I won just as much as you did- nothing. I am sorry that it ended this way. It was fun while it lasted, and it was nice meeting all of you.

I take my leave, and I will not argue about this further. It is petty, and a waste of valuable sleeping time at this point.

Rest well when you sleep, and good luck in your future endeavors. I bear no ill will.  

Krodan

Ephemeral Legacy

28,050 Points
  • Ephemeral Legacy 500
  • Master Librarian 500

outlaw trinidy

Adorable Lunatic

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2015 2:09 am
it was fun while it lasted

thank you for the gold  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2015 2:10 am
Niccolo Ammaniti
Quinn

Please practice listening skills. smile I argued because it would negatively affect not only myself, but my team mates. They would have lost because they altered the game.

A ROOM WITHOUT BOOKS IS LIKE A BODY WITHOUT SOUL
- MARCUS TULLIUS CICERO

Bull. You are just arguing to stir up drama. I'm done with this guild. You will get your trade ASAP.

THE PERSON, BE IT GENTLEMAN OR LADY, WHO HAS NOT PLEASURE IN A GOOD NOVEL, MUST BE INTOLERABLY STUPID.
- JANE AUSTEN

Quinn

Mom

32,275 Points
  • Circ de Macabre 500
  • CB's Goat Mom 500
  • A Rose's Individuality Duality 500

YamiTyger

Invisible Elder

23,025 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Winged 100
  • Object of Affection 150
Negatively affect your teammates?
I'm sound as a pound mate. So I lost.
So what? I will just get better next game  
Niccolo Ammaniti
Shilshadu
Niccolo Ammaniti
JanJiz

You can call me Jay

maIenky droog

Kyllorac

Quinn

Krodan

outlaw trinidy

YamiTyger

123jimmy321

Drakokatze

Charish669

Shikyo Kuranosai

Ok, just to clarify what happened the previous round.

Yami, Jan, and myself were killed via something that shouldn't have happened; something that was a complete and blatant disregard of the rules.

Jan was the reviver, Yami and myself were angels. I protected Yami and Yami protected Jan. I sent in my angel role at the very end of the previous round, as timing is key to this game.

How we died is that Bilbo (Charish) copied the role of the King of the Dead (Drako), killed me, and then Sarumon (Quinn) killed the other two.

What was wrong with this:
1 - Timing is everything. If Quinn sent in her kills first, the kills on them wouldn't have gone through (my protect was sent first).
2 - The hosts attempted to only copy part of the King of the Dead's role, ignoring a whole portion. They tried to use how a role copier wouldn't copy the detectives jail card, but that is because it is a card, not a role (previously discussed and agreed upon in earlier games). Here is what I wrote to them.

"Role: Defined as both the passive and active roles, this is the difference between a citizen and power holder. Also synonymous with 'power(s)'.

Detective role:
The ability to get a single clue about their paired killer from the hosts, in order to find and jail their target.
They also have a card (not a role) that allows them to jail one person instantly. This was originally considered a role, but several games ago, it was switched to card since it is supposed to be unavoidable, and roles can be blocked. This jail can not be blocked. This is considered more of a perk, than a role.

King of Dead Role:
May only be killed or jailed. (Passive)
Has a revenge kill when they die. (Active)

Bilbo Role:
Has the power to copy a role (or power). (Active)
Lasts only a round and can use it every round.
Can't copy the same person again for the rest of the game.

Bilbo is required to copy the entirety of their target's role, good and bad, usable and unusable. It is not up to the host to amend a role that is unusable so that the role copier can use it. On several games in the past, if this situation happened, the copier would have just had been able to do nothing.

When it comes to the King of the Dead's role, we understand what you are trying to do, however it isn't fair or correct. The requirement of his role's kill is for him to be dead. If Charish was to use the kill, they would have needed to die that round. That kill requires the death of the host in order to work. This is not the typical killer role, where when he is alive, he get's free reign.

To allow them to copy one role, but completely ignore the other portion isn't fair or right. The role is the role. It isn't split up into two roles. To simply put it, the role she copied is that of the King of the Dead, not a revenge kill. That is why in that post, each name is labelled under "Role". It isn't each separate part, but the entirety that makes the role of the King of the Dead."

They tried to say that the role only copies the active roles, not passive roles. If you look at the roles post, it doesn't state anything about active and passive roles, and Bilbo being able to only copy the active. It say Bilbo has to copy a role (King of the Dead is the full role), not that he has the choice of ignoring parts of the role to suit him.

I tried to suggest that they keep it in mind for the following game, but to admit that mistakes were made this game and move on. They try to tell me not to compare it to previous games. I tell them no, because each game is roughly a copy of the previous one with very few unique roles.

"I am going to point out that there was nothing stating Bilbo only copying active roles in the beginning, it says roles. Roles are clearly defined as both active and passive effects which make up the entirety of the role called King of the Dead.

Each role tends to follow a certain guideline (this isn't the first time we have had killers, detectives, angels, role doublers, role blockers, and copycats). This isn't an original role. This is one that already has a guideline to it, and to change it without any warning when it is negatively affecting someone isn't fair. You can't say we can't compare a Mafia game to a different Mafia game, when they all are basically the same with just a varied story line and sometimes a few unique roles. The role isn't stated as (Bilbo can copy the active role of any person). It says that he copies the role, which indicate both active and passive.

My advice is, with the following game that you host (whenever that may be), if you chose to do the same kind of thing, indicate both passive and actives, as well as indicating he can copy only the active role.

However, this game you were not specific and it was written how I had previously stated. Learning experience, but we shouldn't have to pay because a massive flaw was left out of the actual listings of the roles.

If you take DJ's Avatar game, his copy role there said:
"Each round Koh can steal the face of another player. This means he able to copy the role of another player. If the player does not have a special role, then Koh will have one extra vote for this round since civilian benders can only just vote."

Within those roles, he specifically said what was roles and special abilities, and the difference. There was nothing listed like that in here."

They refused to listen. They ignored the rules of the game, altering the game and ignoring the roles they wrote themselves. They decided to instead end the game instead of doing the simple fix, leaving Jan and myself completely ********...

TL;DR:
Hosts tried to create drama by ignoring part of the game rules. They let Charish have a kill without her being dead (the requirement for the KotD's kill), taking only a portion of the role and neglecting the rest. They tried to pin it on something that has never been enacted with any other game, without telling anyone or writing it down in the roles. They argued they could because they didn't write it down specifically, which is incorrect. They try to tell me that this game isn't like the others. I provide proof of the opposite.

They refused to listen to logic and alter the death scene, and instead decided to end it with us being dead even though we should have still been in the game.

We said nothing about ending the game, that was of their own accord. We wanted the game to continue, fairly. Instead, we get cheated out.

If you have any clarifying questions, let me know. I am so sleepy, so I probably missed stuff.

imma say this, then i'm done with it:
this: is starting drama.
to begin with: you two are not the hosts. how the game was run, in all honesty should have come down to the hosts.

this... this stuff is why dj and i quit. there were rules imposed in this game that were followed by the hosts, which you disagreed with because they did not match your rules.
before you say that i tampered with roles. I do recall when we made and announced the first and only change in the game. jan stated that she had screenshots of the roles. as proof that we tampered with roles... how about you produce those. you may also contact site mods if you wish to contest it. As it stands, if this keeps on, i will do so myself because i do not appreciate being called a cheat. -_-
we ended the game because we the hosts could not come to an agreement with the captain and the vice. we were respectful, and you did this.
Regardless you know how i feel about anything else... i cam't respect this. if anyone wants to look at the skype logs. Let me know.

peace.

◕ ◡ ◕

⊱⇜User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.⇝⊰

You made up rules as you went along, something that has become a habit in your games. You never made mention of actives or passives. You never made mention of how you could ignore a piece of the role. So...

Not my fault that you couldn't admit you were wrong. "Copies role", not "copies whatever suits the drama best and can ignore a portion of the role".

I'm out PJ. as i said. I'm just finishing my business.
if it suits you, please publish all of the associated game logs so that what was said may be seen.
◕ ◡ ◕

⊱⇜User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.⇝⊰

Shilshadu

Pandys Bestie

32,025 Points
  • The Color of royalty 500
  • A demon's best friend 500

JanJiz
Captain

Obsessive Detective

12,850 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2015 2:12 am
Quinn
Niccolo Ammaniti
Quinn

Awkward moment when we both donate our gold...?

- MARCUS TULLIUS CICERO

As soon as she finishes the trade, I will send you both your gold.

THE PERSON, BE IT GENTLEMAN OR LADY, WHO HAS NOT PLEASURE IN A GOOD NOVEL, MUST BE INTOLERABLY STUPID.
- JANE AUSTEN

Neither of us have kept gold from a mafia game in probably like 2 years. So keep your gold.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2015 2:14 am
JanJiz
Quinn
Niccolo Ammaniti
Quinn

Awkward moment when we both donate our gold...?

- MARCUS TULLIUS CICERO

As soon as she finishes the trade, I will send you both your gold.

- JANE AUSTEN

Neither of us have kept gold from a mafia game in probably like 2 years. So keep your gold.

- MARCUS TULLIUS CICERO

Fine. Just keep my friends names out of you mouths.

- JANE AUSTEN

Quinn

Mom

32,275 Points
  • Circ de Macabre 500
  • CB's Goat Mom 500
  • A Rose's Individuality Duality 500

Niccolo Ammaniti
Vice Captain

Spoopy Specter

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2015 2:15 am
Quinn

I enjoy these games thoroughly, and I really don't want the drama. However, if the game continued on, my teammates would have been killed, correct? Since they are not your allies?

Then would they receive a portion of the gold, as losers? (The answer is no). So... them ignoring the rules would have ultimately affected my teammates, whom my gold goes in the end.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2015 2:16 am
YamiTyger

You aren't... my only alliance member? o-o I am glad you are ok, which is why I didn't make mention of you in the argument anymore.  

Niccolo Ammaniti
Vice Captain

Spoopy Specter

You can call me Jay

Distinct Gaian

15,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2015 2:16 am
YamiTyger

Me too lol  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2015 2:17 am
Krodan
JanJiz
Krodan
JanJiz
Krodan

and yet right out of the box, SOMEONES complaining tampered with the chosen actions from the getgo. Janjiz was to die the first round AT RANDOM, if someone had not had a hissy fit.

what? I have no idea what you're talking about. And regardless I have been protected from death the entire game by 2 angels.

I am not going to mince words. You are the reason that decisions were changed. Saving your precious feelings was more important than the integrity of the game. That says something, Oh Great Guild Leader.

Be specific Krodan. Changed when. In round one? You obviously dont know everything that has been going on. And don't try to act like you do. Round one they changed the Killer role to have 2 deaths which I opposed and told them why they decided to keep it that way, and I didn't oppose them anymore on it and told them that if they wanted to keep it that way they had to quote everyone and let them know that it was changed because if not it wasn't fair to everyone who didn't reread the roles. So tell me how is that changing the integrity of the game when I was the one trying to up hold it. I take my guild extremely seriously when it comes to integrity. I could provide proof of this if you like. I keep track of everything.

I merely speak from my perspective as someone that was asked to join because there was not enough players.

This is a game where imaginary currency is on the line. I am not going to argue this. Point is, it is done, I won just as much as you did- nothing. I am sorry that it ended this way. It was fun while it lasted, and it was nice meeting all of you.

I take my leave, and I will not argue about this further. It is petty, and a waste of valuable sleeping time at this point.

Rest well when you sleep, and good luck in your future endeavors. I bear no ill will.

I understand Krodan. I just don't want people to only see one side of things. I honestly was trying at the beginning of the game to keep things fair and unchanged from what was originally started. The roles were changed and I addressed it and they complied with quoting everyone so at least everyone knew it had changed.

I hope you sleep well too and sorry if things were taken the wrong way.  

JanJiz
Captain

Obsessive Detective

12,850 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

YamiTyger

Invisible Elder

23,025 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Winged 100
  • Object of Affection 150
PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2015 2:18 am
Niccolo Ammaniti
YamiTyger

You aren't... my only alliance member? o-o I am glad you are ok, which is why I didn't make mention of you in the argument anymore.
Drako and Trin weren't affected either. Granted they got a portion as well. And Stephy I'm sure wont be upset, but I could be wrong  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2015 2:18 am
Quinn

Lol, you need to check yourself. I am not asking your opinion, I am stating what happened. I applaud you for defending your friends. They are honestly great people. However, I don't believe in how the game was altered.  

Niccolo Ammaniti
Vice Captain

Spoopy Specter

Krodan

Ephemeral Legacy

28,050 Points
  • Ephemeral Legacy 500
  • Master Librarian 500
PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2015 2:19 am
JanJiz
Krodan
JanJiz
Krodan
JanJiz
Krodan

I understand Krodan. I just don't want people to only see one side of things. I honestly was trying at the beginning of the game to keep things fair and unchanged from what was originally started. The roles were changed and I addressed it and they complied with quoting everyone so at least everyone knew it had changed.

I hope you sleep well too and sorry if things were taken the wrong way.

I apologize for any negative actions on my part as well. I did not come here to make actual enemies, I came to enjoy a game, which, for the most part, I did.  
T3h Mafia Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 52 53 54 55 56 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff