Spoopy Specter

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2015 2:20 am
YamiTyger
Niccolo Ammaniti
YamiTyger
Negatively affect your teammates?
I'm sound as a pound mate. So I lost.
So what? I will just get better next game

You aren't... my only alliance member? o-o I am glad you are ok, which is why I didn't make mention of you in the argument anymore.
Drako and Trin weren't affected either. Granted they got a portion as well. And Stephy I'm sure wont be upset, but I could be wrong

Again, I didn't expect the game to end promptly.

Had this gone on, none of them would have received anything (like I mentioned before). They only received anything because the game ended.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2015 2:27 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

4:59PM PST
Which is 6:59PM CDT on the 13th, the second day of round one.
Just under 5 hours of the round ending, often when the roles had already been sent out.

This was the first time we were notified.  

Niccolo Ammaniti
Vice Captain

Spoopy Specter

Shilshadu

Pandys Bestie

32,025 Points
  • The Color of royalty 500
  • A demon's best friend 500
PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2015 2:33 am
Niccolo Ammaniti

Just under 5 hours of the round ending, often when the roles had already been sent out.

http://prntscr.com/8s7qng

◕ ◡ ◕

⊱⇜User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.⇝⊰

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2015 2:34 am
Quinn
JanJiz
Quinn
Niccolo Ammaniti
Quinn

Awkward moment when we both donate our gold...?

A ROOM WITHOUT BOOKS IS LIKE A BODY WITHOUT SOUL
- MARCUS TULLIUS CICERO

As soon as she finishes the trade, I will send you both your gold.

THE PERSON, BE IT GENTLEMAN OR LADY, WHO HAS NOT PLEASURE IN A GOOD NOVEL, MUST BE INTOLERABLY STUPID.
- JANE AUSTEN

Neither of us have kept gold from a mafia game in probably like 2 years. So keep your gold.

A ROOM WITHOUT BOOKS IS LIKE A BODY WITHOUT SOUL
- MARCUS TULLIUS CICERO

Fine. Just keep my friends names out of you mouths.

THE PERSON, BE IT GENTLEMAN OR LADY, WHO HAS NOT PLEASURE IN A GOOD NOVEL, MUST BE INTOLERABLY STUPID.
- JANE AUSTEN

I have only addressed Krodan by name. So I don't know exactly know where youre going with that but ok.

Just so you know Shil and Dj are friends of mine and their decision to end the game is theirs to make.

I personally am upset that things ended the way they did, and trust me it has nothing do with gold. I've had issues in the past with people changing things in the games when they have already been written down.

I had no knowledge to the fact that you wanted to kill me. I could care less if I died and lost the game. I was ill to the fact that the game rules and roles were changed than from originally stated and had not been notified until after the fact that the game had already started.

Too much was revealed during that time of them debating on weather they would keep the 2 kills thing or not. Either way it was kept and I did not argue the fact after that.

I told them I felt 2 killers would be better because giving one person the power to kill 2 players of their choice would unbalance things in the future of the game. Giving 2 random players a killer role would allow their killings to be their own where as 2 kills from the same person would give them unbalanced power. If you go on to read some of the other games that have had issues like this I have made my point very clear that mafia games have to stay balanced to work. They wanted to keep the one killer with 2 kills and I didn't argue further than that after the first round after the notified everyone of the change. I did this for the benefit of the entire game not for myself. If you would have killed me in round one or what ever I would not have cared. Usually first two rounds are random anyways and I would have been revived if that was the case. The last round was argued for the fact that a role again was changed to benefit a different role and in turn helped you kill us both off. I dont care that I lost trust me. I care that a role was changed than its original purpose.  

JanJiz
Captain

Obsessive Detective

12,850 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Shilshadu

Pandys Bestie

32,025 Points
  • The Color of royalty 500
  • A demon's best friend 500
PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2015 2:34 am
Shilshadu
Niccolo Ammaniti

I'm in est. that's when we decided. <3

◕ ◡ ◕

emotion_awesome

◕ ◡ ◕

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2015 2:48 am
Shilshadu
Shilshadu
Niccolo Ammaniti

◕ ◡ ◕

emotion_awesome

◕ ◡ ◕

So? Second day of round one, near the end of the round. Ultimately, I was fine when you decided to buff the detective.

Jan offered to give up the reviver role, Robert offered up the angel role.

If you remember, my main argument was:
"We have basically all the revives
all the angels
so?
everyone else
s**t out of luck"

We offered a way to buff the detective
Jan: the detective should get two clues each round
Me: Double jail

It wasn't arguing for our sakes, it was for balance. People who are negatively affected are people outside of alliances. We had angels. We were fine.  

Niccolo Ammaniti
Vice Captain

Spoopy Specter

momo-ai13

Rainbow Worshipper

30,100 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2015 3:23 am
YamiTyger
Really? This is just an attempt to stir up drama. You wanted the game to go your way rather then consider other avenues like they spent hours discussing.

This^
Why would they want to create drama when if they went against their own rules, they could be reported and then banned for false advertising (sorry can't think of the exact rule). They probably talked about it for a while not just was like "well this seems to be able to create the biggest s**t storm, let's do this!"  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2015 3:28 am
Niccolo Ammaniti
Shilshadu
Shilshadu
Niccolo Ammaniti

◕ ◡ ◕

emotion_awesome

◕ ◡ ◕

So? Second day of round one, near the end of the round. Ultimately, I was fine when you decided to buff the detective.

all the angels
so?
everyone else
s**t out of luck"

It wasn't arguing for our sakes, it was for balance. People who are negatively affected are people outside of alliances. We had angels. We were fine.

There will never be balance when friends play a game together and are able to know who is who. Someone will always have the upper hand. That's partially why I stopped playing these games. After playing with the same people, it was the same game every time. Noobies never won, same two groups always won. The only way to maybe avoid this is with mules but even with that enough research and you can probably find out who belongs to who, or who is to say they won't just tell who one another is anyways.  

momo-ai13

Rainbow Worshipper

30,100 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Sausage Fest 200

JanJiz
Captain

Obsessive Detective

12,850 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2015 3:38 am
momo-ai13
YamiTyger
Really? This is just an attempt to stir up drama. You wanted the game to go your way rather then consider other avenues like they spent hours discussing.

This^
Why would they want to create drama when if they went against their own rules, they could be reported and then banned for false advertising (sorry can't think of the exact rule). They probably talked about it for a while not just was like "well this seems to be able to create the biggest s**t storm, let's do this!"

We are not reporting anyone. DJ and Shil are my friends. I addressed them when it became a problem because there was obviously a big communication issue with how their roles were supposed to work. It affected the game play and we had something like this happen a couple of games back when it had to be changed because of the issues with roles. In fact it was one that I was hosting, and I had to change it because I had made a mistake on the roles so I had to just go back and fix my mistake and publicly told everyone.

People make mistakes and some people have different opinions on how things should be carried out. They didn't do it on purpose to cause all this it just ended up like this because of other factors. PJ wanted to put out his own opinion of what happened and how he felt about it.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2015 3:38 am
momo-ai13
Niccolo Ammaniti
Shilshadu
Shilshadu
Niccolo Ammaniti

◕ ◡ ◕

emotion_awesome

◕ ◡ ◕

all the angels
so?
everyone else
s**t out of luck"

There will never be balance when friends play a game together and are able to know who is who. Someone will always have the upper hand. That's partially why I stopped playing these games. After playing with the same people, it was the same game every time. Noobies never won, same two groups always won. The only way to maybe avoid this is with mules but even with that enough research and you can probably find out who belongs to who, or who is to say they won't just tell who one another is anyways.

My memory might be flawed, and Jan can correct me, but didn't you say quite a bit of stuff about the guild before leaving the first time, just to join again?

Not saying I don't appreciate you playing or don't understand the frustration of having the bad hand in a game, but you were the one who requested to come back. I even tried to ally with you when I first started, but you didn't want to. emo

There is no way to balance who allies with who, which is partially the reason why Jan or I will host, so others get a chance, or I will ditch her and play on a mule. What I was talking about is balancing out the roles. If the killer gets buffed, the logic is that the counter to it should as well.  

Niccolo Ammaniti
Vice Captain

Spoopy Specter

momo-ai13

Rainbow Worshipper

30,100 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2015 4:06 am
Niccolo Ammaniti
momo-ai13
Niccolo Ammaniti
Shilshadu
Shilshadu
Niccolo Ammaniti

◕ ◡ ◕

emotion_awesome

◕ ◡ ◕

all the angels
so?
everyone else
s**t out of luck"

My memory might be flawed, and Jan can correct me, but didn't you say quite a bit of stuff about the guild before leaving the first time, just to join again?

Not saying I don't appreciate you playing or don't understand the frustration of having the bad hand in a game, but you were the one who requested to come back. I even tried to ally with you when I first started, but you didn't want to. emo

There is no way to balance who allies with who, which is partially the reason why Jan or I will host, so others get a chance, or I will ditch her and play on a mule. What I was talking about is balancing out the roles. If the killer gets buffed, the logic is that the counter to it should as well.

The only thing I can remember saying is what I am saying now. These games have lost their spark to me for the reasons I have already said. I was hoping to give it another go since I have been playing Town of Salem a lot , for those who don't know it is similar to this. Yes, I requested to come back for this game hoping maybe I was just in a funk and that it would be different (it's not). I think I will just stick to ToS. emotion_8c

I don't remember you trying to ally with me... at all. o.o

I know.
And I understand that but from what I can see they thought they killer was at a disadvantage and wanted to help them out. I agree 2 kills every around seem a bit excessive, but this is their game. To me if they want to do that, that is their right and it is my right to quit and never play another game by them if I don't like how they host their games.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2015 6:27 am
Oh wow. What happened while I was sleeping?

o_o

About the roles versus powers versus cards thing: when I asked back in Round 1 about specifics about my role, I found out that Boromir can block detective clues in addition to blocking the detective's jail ability.

I've been operating under the assumption that all aspects of a role could be copied/used/blocked in this game, though Bilbo being able to copy the King of the Dead's kill is a pretty huge surprise.

Also, whether or not everyone had died last round, I still would have narrowed the list of possible killers down to three. The game was pretty tough with a single killer having two kills, but it certainly wasn't impossible if your goal wasn't an alliance win.

Anyways, if people don't want the gold they won, I'll take it to distribute among my allies (almost all of who are dead/jailed lol).  

Kyllorac

Shameless Shapeshifter

You can call me Jay

Distinct Gaian

15,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2015 7:10 am
Kyllorac

o_o

About the roles versus powers versus cards thing: when I asked back in Round 1 about specifics about my role, I found out that Boromir can block detective clues in addition to blocking the detective's jail ability.

I've been operating under the assumption that all aspects of a role could be copied/used/blocked in this game, though Bilbo being able to copy the King of the Dead's kill is a pretty huge surprise.

Also, whether or not everyone had died last round, I still would have narrowed the list of possible killers down to three. The game was pretty tough with a single killer having two kills, but it certainly wasn't impossible if your goal wasn't an alliance win.

Anyways, if people don't want the gold they won, I'll take it to distribute among my allies (almost all of who are dead/jailed lol).

Captain and VC thought the game was going very unfair, since some roles were not working as stated before. They were expecting Shilshadu to correct that, but she decided to end the game which is very fine on her part because it was her game and she bears the right to let the game proceed her way.

This was my first and I am very impatient to play another one now. xp
I had fun.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2015 8:53 am
You can call me Jay
Kyllorac

o_o

Captain and VC thought the game was going very unfair, since some roles were not working as stated before. They were expecting Shilshadu to correct that, but she decided to end the game which is very fine on her part because it was her game and she bears the right to let the game proceed her way.

This was my first and I am very impatient to play another one now. xp
I had fun.

Glad you enjoyed the mafia game Jay smile

You wont have to wait too long to play another. There will be another mafia game for halloween held in a different guild soon. Once i have all the details I'll let you know about it. smile  

JanJiz
Captain

Obsessive Detective

12,850 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

You can call me Jay

Distinct Gaian

15,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2015 9:11 am
JanJiz

Glad you enjoyed the mafia game Jay smile

You wont have to wait too long to play another. There will be another mafia game for halloween held in a different guild soon. Once i have all the details I'll let you know about it. smile

Woo! Thank you so much !  
T3h Mafia Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 53 54 55 56 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces