Welcome to Gaia! ::

Team Snagem: A Pokemon RP

Back to Guilds

A Pokemon Roleplaying Guild offering a wide variety of features and characters. 

Tags: Gijinka, Snagem, Pokemon, Literate, Roleplay 

Reply Side RP Board
Ascending to Mega Evolution Part 1 - Lykas Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Requiem of Whyspers

Fashionable Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 2:46 pm
Mission Profile
The Tower of Mastery

The Tower of Mastery, an ancient tower that has stood for generations in Shalour City. The tower is impressive as it reaches high into the sky, an enormous statue of the first Pokemon to Mega Evolve, a Lucario, on the inside of it. If you want a Key Stone for your Mega Ring this is the place to go.

Before you can gain a Key Stone you must prove yourself to be capable of harnessing Mega Evolution. To prove this you will have to go through many battles and climb the tower. Your first test will be the Mega Evolution guru, Gurkinn. He will question you and observe the bond between you and your Pokemon to decide whether or not you are allowed to take the Test of Mastery.

Should you pass his inspection you must then climb the spiraling staircase in the tower without help from your Pokemon. The tower is very tall and walking up it will be exhausting (only walking). This is a test of your will to succeed.

Furthermore the walk up won't be that simple. There are many trainers along the way which will battle you to test your worthiness. Defeat them and past their tests until you make it to the very top, where the last challenge awaits. At the top of the tower you will face the Mega Evolution Successor, Korrina and her Mega Lucario. Defeat her without Mega Evolution yourself and you will be rewarded your Key Stone! Good luck.

-Objective:
---Make it to the top of the tower and defeat Successor Korrina.

-Opposition:
---Five trainers dot the tower on the way up, each specializing in a different stat. Here they are:
-----HP Master Kimberly: Owns a Blissey (In a Love Ball) will will constantly heal its self and stall for time as it uses moves like Sweet Kiss and Toxic. Has Leftovers.
-----Attack Master Jason: Owns a Darmanitan (In a Fast Ball), will attack non-stop. Has Sheer Force and Life Orb.
-----Defense Master Billy: Owns a Cloyster (In a Lure Ball), will use moves like Barrier, Aqua Ring, Spikes and any other move to hold out for as long as possible and exhaust your Pokemon. Has a Focus Band.
-----Special Master Trini: Owns an Manetric (In a Level Ball), will attack non-stop. Has Wise Glasses.
-----Speed Master Zack: Owns an Aerodactyl (In a Heavy Ball), will avoid your attacks at all costs until your Pokemon get tired. Utilizes things like Agility and Double Team to gain speed and evasion. Attacks when the enemy is tired. Has Brightpowder.

---Korrina will battle you at the top with Mega Lucario.

---Your Pokemon are not healed between battles. And remember, Mega Lucario is very powerful, almost legend strength. Buy healing items.

-Pokemon:
---You may capture or snag no Pokemon.

-Rewards:
---10 Snag Coins
---The Key Stone

Lykas Fenrall stood at the entrance of the Tower of Mastery. He'd been told by Sub that this was the[/] place to go if you wanted to learn how to use the technique called Mega Evolution. He had two Pokemon capable of the feature and after that fiasco that had been the Shadow Virus outbreak in Hoenn, he knew he would need to gain access to it's use if he was to be of better use to the team as a whole.

"Let's go guys." He said as he entered the tower and looked around, hoping to find a registry or someone to tell why he was here. He had no idea what to expect other than that.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 3:11 pm
"Hm? You a trainer young man?" An elderly man with huge hanging eyebrows asked as he spotted Lykas, he had been sweeping the floor with a rather old looking broom when the hybrid walked in. "Here to take on the tower? Unlock the secrets of Mega Evolution? Hm?"  

SubonicXP

Captain

Devoted Sex Symbol

5,625 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500

Requiem of Whyspers

Fashionable Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 3:21 pm
Lykas nodded when the old man spoke to him. "Actually yes. I was told this was the place to go to find out more about it." He responded, taking note of the ratty old broom. How many years had that thing been in use?  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 3:31 pm
"I see, well then let me introduce myself, I am called the Mega Evolution guru and at one point was the Mega Evolution successor but that was a long time ago. Call me Gurkinn, though. Before you can take on the Test of Mastery I must first judge whether or not you are ready. See this grand statue towering before us?" Gurkinn asked as he turned around to look up at the massive stone Lucario statue in the middle of the room, reaching high up into the tower. Except, it looked like a Lucario, but not a regular one, must be its Mega evolved state.

"According to legend here Kalos the first trainer to Mega Evolve their Pokemon, a Lucario, built this tower to pass on his secret to others. It's said the bond between the he and his Lucario was unbreakable, that the two were truly of one spirit. And that's the most important requirement in Mega Evolution, a bond of great strength and trust." Gurkinn explained, wrapping up his short history lesson as he turned to face Lykas again.

"So tell me, do you think you and any of your Pokemon share a bond worthy of this tower? Do not waste the tower's time with petty dreams of power. This is not a place to grow stronger, but to grow closer to your Pokemon. If you can show me a Pokemon with a strong bond with you then you may continue in your quest to the top of the tower." He informed Lykas.  

SubonicXP

Captain

Devoted Sex Symbol

5,625 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500

Requiem of Whyspers

Fashionable Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 3:52 pm
"I can show you two for different reasons." Lykas replied, releasing his Gyardos and Gardevoir. Furor was close to him because, as a Magikarp he had given her free reign to climb and grow stronger without forcing her into anything and when she was ready, he allowed her to fight and prove herself, allowing her to finally evolve. Mykel was close to him because they had been together for years. They were the best of friends and would do anything for each other.

"We're not hear for strength, exactly. Sure being strong is a part of it but for us being as close as a trainer and Pokemon can be is more important than strength." He said, receiving a strangely adorable nuzzle to his side from the Gyarados and a hug from his Gardevoir.

"Well said, boss." Mykel agreed.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 4:01 pm
"Hm..." Gurkinn stared at Lykas and his Pokemon for a good long time. He didn't appear to be staring at any single physical trait, it was as if he was staring at something that they couldn't see. After several minutes of silent staring he finally spoke up and smiled. "Very well, you may proceed. But know this, your bonds will be tested here. The tower can make you grow stronger or pull you apart. Proceed." Gurkinn said as he pointed to the beginning of the winding spiral staircase. "It's a long way up."  

SubonicXP

Captain

Devoted Sex Symbol

5,625 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500

Requiem of Whyspers

Fashionable Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 4:05 pm
Lykas nodded and recalled his Pokemon. "We're not likely to be pulled apart from one another. We've been through too much together to let ourselves be separated by anything short of death." He asserted. He meant that, too. He truly felt that the only way he and his Pokemon could be torn apart would be through something so violent one or more of them failed to survive.

Steeling himself for the ascent he was certain to be more of a challenge than simply climbing a bunch of stairs, he took the first step, followed by another. Each step made his heart beat harder and faster though not from the exertion. It was adrenaline and anticipation of what lay ahead of him that caused his heart to race.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 4:18 pm
Lykas would have to walk for a good five or ten minutes before he saw something other than stairs, a platform jutting out of the wall, the stairs leading up to it and continuing on the other side. Once Lykas had took that final step onto the platform he would realize it was actually a stone battlefield, the field's design carved into it. An intricate pink mural of a Mega Audino was carved into the field where you would typical find a Pokeball design, it was certainly a work of art.

"Welcome, challenger. I hope the walk up wasn't too tiring. My name is Kimberly, the Health Master. My Blissey and I specialize in the art of healing and slowly wearing our opponent out. We mean no ill will towards you but in order for you to advance you must outlast us." She said with a smile as she tossed out a Love Ball with a flourish, the device popping open to reveal a Blissey. "Let's begin the first trial."  

SubonicXP

Captain

Devoted Sex Symbol

5,625 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500

Requiem of Whyspers

Fashionable Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 4:29 pm
Lykas had begun to finally feel the effects of the immense staircase by the time he reached the first platform. He was breathing a bit heavier by then though he was by now means out or prepared to do less than the best he could.

"It's nice to meet you but to be honest, I don't care who you are. If you're my opponent and you're testing the bonds between myself and my Pokemon then we'll have to beat you." He said as he reached for a Pokeball of his own. Tossing the ball into the air, he released his Milotic. The white serpent with the soft pink colors trilled out a calming cry, looking at the Blissey before him with an odd look. A mixture of intrigue and determination. "Nuregami, we need to beat them in a game of stalling." He told the Milotic, who nodded in understanding. "I guess that means we'll let you start this off. Ladies first and all." He said with a small grin.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 4:45 pm
Requiem of Whyspers
Lykas had begun to finally feel the effects of the immense staircase by the time he reached the first platform. He was breathing a bit heavier by then though he was by now means out or prepared to do less than the best he could.

"It's nice to meet you but to be honest, I don't care who you are. If you're my opponent and you're testing the bonds between myself and my Pokemon then we'll have to beat you." He said as he reached for a Pokeball of his own. Tossing the ball into the air, he released his Milotic. The white serpent with the soft pink colors trilled out a calming cry, looking at the Blissey before him with an odd look. A mixture of intrigue and determination. "Nuregami, we need to beat them in a game of stalling." He told the Milotic, who nodded in understanding. "I guess that means we'll let you start this off. Ladies first and all." He said with a small grin.

Kimberly smiled in response to Lykas, but it didn't seem to be a very happy one. "Oh? How kind of you...Blissey? Toxic." She said, her smile never changing.

"Bliss!" Cheered the Blissey, so pleased and happy despite it preparing to poison another. The pink Pokemon would dig around in its pouch briefly before pulling out behind its egg a much smaller egg with a purple hue. The Blissey would hurl the strange egg at the Milotic and upon contact with the Pokemon or the ground it would burst into a splash of highly toxic poison which contact with even the smallest amount would badly poison.  

SubonicXP

Captain

Devoted Sex Symbol

5,625 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500

Requiem of Whyspers

Fashionable Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 4:52 pm
"Nuregami dodge that, fast!" Lykas called as he purple-hued egg came flying towards them. The Milotic did as instructed, weaving around it with ease but when it hit the ground, and exploded, he was showered with tiny droplets of highly toxic poison. "I was afraid you'd go that route. Nuregami use Aqua Ring." He instructed his partner.

The Milotic nodded and conjured a ring of dancing waves in the air around it, recovering some of it's health, which it could already feel draining away, and washing the remaining toxins away from it for now. "They're trying to stall us. We know that. Wait for an opening and then hit them with your Ice Beam." Lykas instructed. Nuregami nodded once again and coiled up, trying not to move unless he had to, watching and waiting for now. The poison in his body would only get worse the more active he was, after all.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 5:00 pm
Requiem of Whyspers
"Nuregami dodge that, fast!" Lykas called as he purple-hued egg came flying towards them. The Milotic did as instructed, weaving around it with ease but when it hit the ground, and exploded, he was showered with tiny droplets of highly toxic poison. "I was afraid you'd go that route. Nuregami use Aqua Ring." He instructed his partner.

The Milotic nodded and conjured a ring of dancing waves in the air around it, recovering some of it's health, which it could already feel draining away, and washing the remaining toxins away from it for now. "They're trying to stall us. We know that. Wait for an opening and then hit them with your Ice Beam." Lykas instructed. Nuregami nodded once again and coiled up, trying not to move unless he had to, watching and waiting for now. The poison in his body would only get worse the more active he was, after all.

"Good job, Blissey." Kimberly applauded her Pokemon. "Sorry but you better come up with a better plan than stalling our stall. Blissey, Copycat." The Blissey almost giggled in response, eager to use a move from its youthful days. The Blissey would take its egg out and hold it up as it gave off a soft white glow, the glow soon becoming brighter and turning blue. The blue light would soon turn into water and begin to wrap its way around the Blissey as it formed healing rings of water, mimicking Nuregami's Aqua Ring.  

SubonicXP

Captain

Devoted Sex Symbol

5,625 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500

Requiem of Whyspers

Fashionable Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 5:14 pm
Lykas grinned when Blissey used it's Copycat. That would work for an opening. Just before the attack was complete, he called to his partner. "Now! Ice Beam!" The water from the duplicated Aqua Ring might help freeze the Blissey. He'd have to try and end this as fast as possible. He'd forgotten bout Blissey's knack for healing itself just as well as others and it's ability to copycat it's enemy's moves. Now he remembered all too well why it was the go-to Pokemon for Nurse Joys in most regions.  
SubonicXP generated a random number between 1 and 10 ... 10!
PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 5:42 pm
The Blissey scoffed at the attack as it flew towards it, the pink puff thinking that with its special defense prowess that such an attack would be little more than a Combee sting to it. However it didn't consider that its enemy wasn't going for damage but the chance of freeze.

(Normal chance is 10%, with the water rings we'll bump it up to 30%. Generating a number 1-10, if 1, 2, or 3 Blissey is frozen solid.)

The Ice Beam slammed into the Blissey, the pink Pokemon only wincing slightly as the attack did about just as much damage as it thought it would, so not much. The combination of the Pokemon's Leftovers, which it wore around its next, and the Aqua Ring almost completely healed the Ice Beam damage.

"You'll have to try better than that, or else that poison will do you in quick." Kimberly warned. "Sweet Kiss." The woman ordered with a smile.

The Blissey would suddenly run up to the Milotic and throw its self on the serpent, attempting to smother it with kisses, much to the Water type's bafflement.  

SubonicXP

Captain

Devoted Sex Symbol

5,625 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
Requiem of Whyspers rolled 1 6-sided dice: 4 Total: 4 (1-6)

Requiem of Whyspers

Fashionable Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 5:55 pm
Lykas sensed more than he saw Blissey recover from the attack against it. He'd need to be more physical than that. Though he wasn't given much chance to consider his options before he was being push into a corner by a highly affectionate pink blob. "Aqua Tail! Don't let it get close!" He told his partner. Nuregami nodded and lashed out with his tail a-whorl of water, though he was still left utterly confused by that tactic. What had been the point of that?!

((Odds = hurt itself Evens = attack successfully))  
Side RP Board

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff