Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Third Year Classes
Ghoul and Ghost Studies I ~ Lesson 1/4 (Open 08/24) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2018 11:57 am
New Year 2042 - 2043

Reminders...

* Students must attend a minimum of half the lessons for the year or face losing house points.
      Unless reason is given either in the absent thread or through private message. If so it will count as if you were present for that class lesson.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2018 12:00 pm
User Image
Professor Thorsten Eckstein
Pureblood Professor of Ghoul and Ghost Studies Former Durmstrang, Keltainen

Location : Classroom (third floor) - Tuesday @ 11:00pm

Thorsten walked into his class for his next batch of third years. This evening’s class was certainly going to be different than the other. Why… because all of these students would be taking the class for the very first time. So there was no need to ask what they remembered from the previous year. Instead Thorsten would be able to jump right in and go over the rules and the subject at hand. He curiously wondered who all would take the class, hopefully quite a few.

Sitting at his desk as his students arrived, Thorsten hardly showed any expression as he looked to see theirs. He wondered how many of them questioned the stuffed corpses. Getting up and going to the front of his desk he leaned up against it before flicking his wand to the board revealing the rules and the subject topic on the board. “Good evening and welcome to ghoul and ghost studies.” Thorsten greeted before continuing his introduction. “I am Professor Eckstein. For the next three years, perhaps five you will follow these five rules. Be on time, prepared and ready. Pay attention, no wands, and be involved.” He informed them.

“Now, I would like names and houses from each of you. As for me I attended Durmstrang and am former Keltainen. That would be a mix of Hufflepuff and Ravenclaw here I believe.” Thorsten asked of them before adding. “I would also like your thoughts on the day’s topic, which is the afterlife.”

Company : Third year class

OOC : - - -

Cara MiaKitty
                                                Charlotte Jenkins, Ravenclaw : 0/4 || 0 Essays

murruelecreuset
                                                Griffin Fearon, Gryffindor : 0/4 || 0 Essays

mc2
                                                Quinn Conri-Dechering, Ravenclaw : 0/4 || 0 Essays

Fuzzymelonlord
                                                Ariel Nolan, Hufflepuff : 0/4 || 0 Essays

Diamond Wales
                                                Dean Prescott, Slytherin : 0/4 || 0 Essays

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2018 2:03 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
✠ Quinn Ezekiel Conri-Dechering ✠ xxxxx
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
xxxx <3rd Year>
Time: 2042-2043
------------------------------------------------------------------------xx

Quinn took the class Ghoul and Ghost studies out of curiosity and fully expecting the class to be not the most cheerful of classes. It was a class about death. Quinn took a seat near the front and took his note taking supplies out waiting for class to begin. Once the Professor began, Quinn listened. Professor Eckstein was his name and he was from Durmstrang. It was interesting how he described his house of Keltainen as a mix of Hufflepuff and Ravenclaw... so a mix of him and his twin sister possibly. Professor Eckstein seemed a bit gloomier than his sister though. Soon it was introductions and Quinn's turn and he introduced himself, "Quinn Conri-Dechering, I'm a Ravenclaw but I have a sister in Hufflepuff. As for the afterlife... I... I'm not exactly sure. It's a bit of a mystery right? Even for ghosts who are dead. They stay here and it would be a bit like purgatory I guess... I mean I grew up being taught about the Christian Heaven and Hell but truth be told I'm sort of unsure of the details."

He realized how much he had said with no concrete answer and gave an apologetic smile and said, "Sorry that isn't very helpful, but maybe this class will help me be more sure of what I believe?" The class was a lot of theology from what he could gather. Afterlife tended to be a theological discussion, right?

------------------------------------------------------------------------

For a moment the hat was silent before speaking....
                                    Ah, such concern for your dear sister
                                    A quiet, thoughtful mind, hm?
                                    Yes, I know just where to put you,

Ravenclaw!
                                    {OoC: }
                                    Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2018 5:56 pm
New Year 2043 - 2044

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2018 5:59 pm
User Image

Thorsten walked into his class for his next batch of third years. This evening’s class was certainly going to be different than the other. Why… because all of these students would be taking the class for the very first time. So there was no need to ask what they remembered from the previous year. Instead Thorsten would be able to jump right in and go over the rules and the subject at hand. He curiously wondered who all would take the class, hopefully quite a few.

Sitting at his desk as his students arrived, Thorsten hardly showed any expression as he looked to see theirs. He wondered how many of them questioned the stuffed corpses. Getting up and going to the front of his desk he leaned up against it before flicking his wand to the board revealing the rules and the subject topic on the board. “Good evening and welcome to ghoul and ghost studies.” Thorsten greeted before continuing his introduction. “I am Professor Eckstein. For the next three years, perhaps five you will follow these five rules. Be on time, prepared and ready. Pay attention, no wands, and be involved.” He informed them.

“Now, I would like names and houses from each of you. As for me I attended Durmstrang and am former Keltainen. That would be a mix of Hufflepuff and Ravenclaw here I believe.” Thorsten asked of them before adding. “I would also like your thoughts on the day’s topic, which is the afterlife.”

Kungfudemoness
                                                Shui Quan, Hufflepuff : 0/4 || 0 Essays

murruelecreuset
                                                Chelsea Durant, Gryffindor : 0/4 || 0 Essays

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2019 10:20 pm
New Year 2044 - 2045

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2019 10:22 pm
User Image

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2019 11:26 am
User Image

Thorsten had a good bunch of kids in his class. At least that’s what he believed. They had interesting ideas and they seemed interested in the subject. Of course that’s why they took the elective. Sitting at his desk as his students arrived, he hardly showed any expression as they took their seats. Getting up and going to the front of his desk, he leaned up against it before flicking his wand to the board revealing the subject topic on the board. “Good evening,” Thorsten greeted before getting into the topic. “Today we will be discussing the topic of immortality.” He informed them before the board wiped clean and a piece of chalk started writing the notes for the lesson.

“Immortality or eternal life is simply you will never die you most of know. There are few ways to become immortal. In fact true immortality is nearly impossible and has always been a known limit for magic.” Thorsten told them as he walked around the room. “The only creature to possess natural immortality is the phoenix, from which is reborn from their ashes upon death. Vampires are close to immortality, as they never age. However even they can be killed." He said before adding. "As for us there are few ways to sustain one’s life, namely the Philosopher’s Stone created by Nicolas Flamel and Herpo the Foul’s creation of the Horcrux.”

“The Philosopher’s Stone many of you know produces the Elixir of Life. Despite extending the drinkers life, it cannot make them immortal. Unicorn blood similar to Elixir of Life, as it extends life but cannot make the drinker immortal. It’s said to curse the drinker with half-life for the slaughter of innocent creature.” Thorsten continued as he continued back up to the front of the room. “Now Horcruxes on the other hand, is the dark art of splitting one’s soul by committing murder. The act violates the very laws of nature.” He explained. “Though it by far the closest way to become immortal. I wouldn’t advice figuring out how.” He added giving them a narrow look of warning. “Any questions?”

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 11:03 pm
New Year 2045 - 2046

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 11:04 pm
User Image

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100

addaellis

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 10:17 pm
User Image
AUGUST TANZIL MEYLIAN LI
third year || Slytherin || muggleborn
Daily Dragon writer || Language club || Quidditch Announcer

August hadn’t talked to the ghost in his room for 3 years now, but that hadn’t stopped him from talking to ghosts around the castle, and when he realized there was a whole class on ghosts, he was signed up immediately. So Tuesday evening after curfew he once again made the--now routine but no less annoying--trek out of the dungeons for the first Ghouls and Ghosts class.

He took a seat front and center, armed with his textbook--already marked up from summer reading. The rules seemed simple enough, and maybe it was the late night class, but there didn't seem to be any troublemakers in the class with him. When it was his turn, August stood up and introduced himself: Hello. I am August Li, Slytherin House. There is too much evidence to the contrary to deny the existence of some kind of afterlife, but whether it involves Paradise or Hell, Nirvana or Purgatory is objectively unclear. Personally, I like the Islamic belief of a fair Judgement Day, but usually this theology does not account for ghosts, which obviously exist.” He could have continued, but there were other students, and August was here to learn magical accounts for the afterlife, not lecture others.

setting Ghouls and Ghosts, late in the evening, Fall 2045. || with fourth years
expression studious || wearing uniform+glasses || status I should do another ghost story this year.

User Image User ImageUser Image

All I know
Times is a valuable thing
Watch it fly by as the pendulum swings,
Watch it count down to the end of the day
The clock ticks life away.

"In the End" by Linkin Park, cover by Jonathan Young and Caleb Hyles.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 8:39 pm
New Year 2046 - 2047

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 8:40 pm
User Image

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 3:08 pm
User Image

User Image

s h e ' s x a x k i l l e r x q u e e n , x g u n p o w d e r , x g e l a t i n- - -
h u f f l e p u f f x t h i r d x y e a r ✶
g h o u l x a n d x g h o s t x s t u d i e s ✶
p r o f e s s o r x e c k s t e i n x a n d x c l a s s m a t e s ✶
s c h o o l x u n i f o r m
s l e e p y ✶
r e s e r v e x c h a s e r ✶

Saffron yawned as she walked into the class room, which was slightly uncharacteristic of her, considering she almost always had a smile plastered on her face. In her defense, she had a long day and it was rather late for her, considering she had History of Magic at 9 AM the following morning. She glanced around the room, taking note of the noted the taxidermied animals around the room. It was strange, sure, but if that's what floats your boat, then she was cool with it. Saf smiled warmly as she passed Professor Eckstein's desk, and took a seat in the front row. "Good evening, Professor," she said, almost dreamily. "I'm Saffron Adelgrief and I'm a Hufflepuff! She paused for a moment, trying to gather her thoughts on the question posed, "I'm not entirely sure what I think, like, I know there's ghosts and ghouls and undead, but in terms of Heaven and Hell or Purgatory and stuff like that? It's not really anything that anyone's seen, as far as I know. I mean, I could be wrong, obviously, but that's just what I know...for now," She grew less confident as she realized she knew less than she had actually realized. Saf probably should have opened her textbook a few more times before the first class...or at all. Maybe she could blame it on being tired? Besides, it was the first class, so maybe Professor Eckstein wasn't expecting too much? She shrugged it off, maybe he wouldn't even notice, and if he did, she had fair enough excuses.

✶ ✶ ✶ ✶- - - - - - - - - - - - d y n a m i t e x w i t h x a x l a s e r b e a mx , g u a r a n t e e d x t o x b l o w x y o u r x m i n d x a n y t i m e- - - - - - - - - - - -✶ ✶ ✶ ✶

Rawwry

Feral Fatcat

5,800 Points
  • Battle: Cleric 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Flatterer 200

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:33 pm
User Image User Image
Benjamin "Benny" Clarisse
Third Year Ravenclaw
Thirteen Year Old - Half Blood - Keeper

Location : Ghost Studies (Tuesday 11pm)

Benjamin knew the moment he headed for ghost studies that he should have taken a nap. It was at this point he was envying Jess for being done class by two that afternoon. Even though he'd started his day at nine for breakfast before heading to his first class of the day at ten. Ben knew he'd get used to the schedule it would just take time more or less.

Ghost studies was an elective that Benny had found interest in among a handful of others. He was looking forward to what the class would hold. Finding a seat next to Saffron in the front, he found himself looking around the room. It was normal for professor's to have their own spin on their classroom but the dead animals were a little weird.

Getting his thing out as the lecture began, Benjamin listened to what Saffron had to say. She seemed unsure by the end but logically it made sense. "I believe there's an afterlife. Like Saffron said there are ghost, and if there are ghosts then there has to be one, right?" He shared with the class. "Um... Also, I'm Benjamin Clarisse from Ravenclaw house." He added sheepishly realizing he hadn't even given his name or house for that matter.

With : Classmates, Professor Eckstein (sitting next to Saffron)

Oh, my boy, don't worry, you won't be lonely
                                                  I think you'll make friends easily enough
                                                  Now then, what to do with you?
                                                  Ah, yes, bright and curious as you are, it'd better be
                                                  Ravenclaw!

Third Year Classes

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces