Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Plotting
What's Being Social? (Ravenclaw Looking for Friends) Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

stitchkin babe

Timid Genius

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 7:42 pm
So, my lovely little third year Ravenclaw, Sybil Vance, needs some more friends. She's got like...one, I think? She's pretty bad at socializing, she never really picked that up, so she probably won't approach your character, and if she does its for some dumb reason like she got lost or something. Sybil's an introvert by nature, but she actually does tend to talk a lot when you get her going. Despite her lack of emotion in her face, Sybil does like being around people, she just finds it really strange to go up to someone and talk to them, and she really doesn't know how to make friends. She'll try though. She succeeded once, she can certainly succeed again. I don't really have any preference for where they meet, so I'm up to just about anything!  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 7:47 pm
Selina doesn't have a lot of Ravenclaw friends, and none younger than she. Her cousin, Hannah, is always looking to make new friends. Would you like to try something with either, or both, of them?  

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100

stitchkin babe

Timid Genius

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 8:16 pm
Graydon Ironshield
Selina doesn't have a lot of Ravenclaw friends, and none younger than she. Her cousin, Hannah, is always looking to make new friends. Would you like to try something with either, or both, of them?

I think Sybil could get along with either. For Sybil and Selina, it probably wouldn't be too hard to get them to see one another, being that they're in the same house and have probably at least seen one another. I don't know about Hannah, as in where they would meet, but Sybil would no doubt get along with her most likely. Maybe Sybil will even share her candy stash. I mean, probably not, but one can hope, at least. Wanna figure something out in PMs?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 8:20 pm
I've got...

Emma Bailey, Second Year Hufflepuff - Always willing to make friends. The more the merrier and she can be quite the talker.

Grace Mitchell, Fourth Year Ravenclaw - Really only friends with those in her year / house. She spends most of her time focusing on her studies and could always use some more friends.

Dakota Vann, Fifth Year Ravenclaw - Probably the most talkative Ravenclaw. Usually seen writing all the time. Kota has a number of friends in his year but has never been against making friends.  

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100

stitchkin babe

Timid Genius

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 8:41 pm
murruelecreuset
I've got...

Emma Bailey, Second Year Hufflepuff - Always willing to make friends. The more the merrier and she can be quite the talker.

Grace Mitchell, Fourth Year Ravenclaw - Really only friends with those in her year / house. She spends most of her time focusing on her studies and could always use some more friends.

Dakota Vann, Fifth Year Ravenclaw - Probably the most talkative Ravenclaw. Usually seen writing all the time. Kota has a number of friends in his year but has never been against making friends.

Hmm... Well, I can see Sybil being friends with Emma, especially if she ends up being friends with Hannah. They'd probably meet through her...maybe all three of them met at the same time? I dunno. The only problem with all three of them is that Sybil can't really handle hyper people, or over-emotional people. She may feel deeply, but she doesn't express it in typical ways, so when she sees other people do so she gets kinda confused. Like. She just doesn't know what to do. I can see this being less of an issue with Dakota (but I could be wrong). Hm... I'm not completely sure. Grace and Sybil may get along very well?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 9:12 pm
stitchkin babe
murruelecreuset
I've got...

Hmm... Well, I can see Sybil being friends with Emma, especially if she ends up being friends with Hannah. They'd probably meet through her...maybe all three of them met at the same time? I dunno. The only problem with all three of them is that Sybil can't really handle hyper people, or over-emotional people. She may feel deeply, but she doesn't express it in typical ways, so when she sees other people do so she gets kinda confused. Like. She just doesn't know what to do. I can see this being less of an issue with Dakota (but I could be wrong). Hm... I'm not completely sure. Grace and Sybil may get along very well?

Well in terms of hyper / over-emotional people...

Emma isn't usually hyper although she does have her moments. In terms of her emotional state she's usually easily angered. So unless someone gets her mad she's pretty safe. Edit : Chances are if you meet Hannah you'll end up meeting Emma since those two are pretty close.

In terms of Dakota he's only hyper when he talks. Though it's not so much hyper as it is him going on and on about a topic. Luckily he's learned to catch himself. He's also not the over-emotional type.

Grace like you said is probably the best out of the three. She's grown out of her hyper personality unless the situation calls for it (like news about being an aunt). Chances are if she becomes friends with Grace she'll end up getting closer to Dakota as well.  

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 9:35 pm
In third year, I have Lorelei Townsend and Pamela Gautreaux. Pam's a bit hyper at times but she's trying to be friends with pretty much everyone so it wouldn't be hard to get them to interact at the very least. Lori is much more subdued and relaxed, I think they might get along? She's not very social, though, is the only problem.

stitchkin babe

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 11:32 pm
stitchkin babe
Graydon Ironshield

I think Sybil could get along with either. For Sybil and Selina, it probably wouldn't be too hard to get them to see one another, being that they're in the same house and have probably at least seen one another. I don't know about Hannah, as in where they would meet, but Sybil would no doubt get along with her most likely. Maybe Sybil will even share her candy stash. I mean, probably not, but one can hope, at least. Wanna figure something out in PMs?

Sybil and Selina will be taking the same Art Class, so there's a link there. With Hannah, she loves to do art herself, and if you're sharing candy, well, she would be happy to pull her stash out. She may have even made some of it herself. Definitely, let's PM how we want to do this.  

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100

Julian Galaksylph

Festive Stylist

10,225 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 12:25 am
My Third Year Ravvie character Avian Lovette doesn't have any friends (all of his friends are MIA rn except one i guess)

Also! He has a sister named Nike, who is a new student this year.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 6:02 pm
murruelecreuset

Cara MiaKitty

Jade Galaksylph

@ Murrue

It seems as though, whoever she gets to know, Sybil will end up knowing all three xD. That's fine with me, and they're all typically more talkative than Sybil, so conversations will be easier to start between them. Now it all comes down to where they'll meet; Grace and Dakota will probably be easier to get together, being that they're all in Ravenclaw. We'll have to figure out something for Emma, being that they're not in the same house or year we'll just have to figure out a way to get them together. They could find one another in the library, or somewhere outside drawing/reading/whatever? I dunno.

@ Cara

Sybil could most likely get along with both Pam and Lori, though she'd most likely be more fond of Lori (for reasons already stated). I mean, I have no doubt Pam and Sybil would most likely get along, but she'll probably get a little worn out, and probably irritable, after being around Pam for a while - she could never keep up with the energy. Lori would most likely be a better match. The only real issue would be getting them to talk, as neither really talks much. I mean, we could always pair them up for something in their classes, then go from there?

@ Jade

I'm gonna say that Avian and Sybil could probably be friends, plus they're in the same year and House, and Sybil needs some same-year/same-house friends. It'll make her days a little less boring, especially when stuck in the common room xD Maybe you could just throw Avian to Sybil at the Sorting Ceremony? She's not really doing much, after all. If you're planning to post there, that is. We'll see where it goes from there.

stitchkin babe

Timid Genius

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 9:05 pm
Well, Pam has plenty of other friends to pester if Sybil gets tired of her, she knows she can be a bit much to handle. She's remarkably considerate for someone who's so... uh... Pam-like. I don't really know what to call her lol. But, she'd at least have the decency to be like "Oh, yeah, I'm annoying you, it's cool, I'll go hang out with *insert other friend*" so it wouldn't be too much of a problem if you wanted to try it out. Might do Sybil some good to have a more outgoing friend? And I know it'd probably do Pam some good to have one who was more subdued.

As for Lori, I'm certain we could come up with a way to have them work together in a class. I can't quite recall which lessons in third year require a partner, but I'm sure there has to be at least one? If not, there's always studying in the library, perhaps one of them is looking for a book in the library and notices the other has it or something of that nature?

stitchkin babe

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2015 12:13 am
stitchkin babe

I'm gonna say that Avian and Sybil could probably be friends, plus they're in the same year and House, and Sybil needs some same-year/same-house friends. It'll make her days a little less boring, especially when stuck in the common room xD Maybe you could just throw Avian to Sybil at the Sorting Ceremony? She's not really doing much, after all. If you're planning to post there, that is. We'll see where it goes from there.

That's a great idea! I'll immediately throw this punk at the sorting feast tomorrow.

Buuuut if you want, Avian was posted in the Hogsmeade station, basically doing nothing atm but playing a playing by himself. Sybil can approach and talk to him  

Julian Galaksylph

Festive Stylist

10,225 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300

stitchkin babe

Timid Genius

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2015 2:27 pm
Cara MiaKitty

Jade Galaksylph

@ Cara
Sybil would certainly get to talking after a while. It may not all make sense (she tends to make complete nonsense when talking at times, to the point where she doesn't even know what she's talking about), so it wouldn't be hard for them to get along, or at least try out a friendship. But it's good Pam's not going to get offended, mostly because Sybil will probably flat-out tell Pam at times that she can't deal with her energy. Or, if Pam happens to notice, Sybil would definitely be appreciative.

There probably is. I think. I haven't had a third year in a while, but there has to be at least one, I'd say. That could certainly be an option. Or maybe they're searching for books and meet one another on whim, asking where said book may be? Sybil definitely knows how to navigate her way around the library at this point, it's pretty much all she's done the past few years, after all.

@ Jade
I may do that. I already shoved her to the Great Hall, though. Not much of a Hogsmeade Station/Train Station/etc. kind of person. Mostly because I didn't really realise we were to post there with my first character, and I haven't really posted there since. Whoops xD

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2015 4:30 pm
The library should work well, then. It's about the only area of the castle Lori hasn't familiarized herself with completely, what with her being busy hunting down hidden chambers and all that. I'm willing to bet she knows her way around the restricted section better than the rest of it to be honest.

Pam I'll probably find a chance to toss at her at some point easily enough... Does Sybil watch the Quidditch games at all? Pam only goes when Gryffindor is playing, she's afraid of heights but Aster is on the Gryff team so she goes out to show support. She might appreciate having someone to talk to so that she could take her mind off of being up so high in the stands.

stitchkin babe

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

stitchkin babe

Timid Genius

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2015 5:17 am
Cara MiaKitty

Then that's set. When do we want to do this? I can throw Sybil in whenever, just know that my posting will be a bit slow for the next few weeks; other obligations make it rather difficult to get on the computer when I'd like to...

Well, Sybil could certainly go. The only reason she ever went last year was because her sister was on the team, but I could just make it a habit for her to go, only because she did so the last two years, why not continue? So that could certainly work, maybe the first Ravenclaw v. Gryffindor game?

Plotting

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff