Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply Private Homes
The Meadows Family Estate

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2015 7:18 pm
xxxx× × ×xxxxT H ExxxM E A D O W SxxxF A M I L YxxxE S T A T Exxxx× × ×xxxx

User Image

Located in LANCASHIRE, ENGLAND

× × × × × × × × × × × × × × × × × × × × × × × × ×

xxxx× × ×xxxxESTATE GROUNDSxxxx× × ×xxxx

User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image

xxxx× × ×xxxxFIRST FLOORxxxx× × ×xxxx

User Image User Image User Image

User Image User Image User Image User Image

xxxx× × ×xxxxSECOND FLOORxxxx× × ×xxxx

User Image User Image User Image

User Image User Image User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

xxxx× × ×xxxxTHIRD FLOORxxxx× × ×xxxx

User Image User Image User Image User Image

User Image User Image

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2015 7:22 pm
xxx× × ×xT H ExxxM E A D O W SxxxF A M I L Yxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

NPC RESIDENTS INCLUDE :: Chrysanthos Meadows, Jillian Meadows, Hyacinth Meadows, Abigail Meadows

User Image

xxxE L D E S T S I S T E Rxxx
          xxxxxCHRYSANTHEMUM
          xxxxxxxLAUREL
          xxxxxxxxxMEADOWS

User Image

xxxM I D D L E S I S T E Rxxx
                  xxxxxDELPHINIA
                  xxxxxxxLUCERNE
                  xxxxxxxxxMEADOWS

User Image

xxxY O U N G E R B R O T H E Rxxx
                          xxxxxSHERWOOD
                          xxxxxxxROOSEVELT
                          xxxxxxxxxMEADOWS

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2015 7:25 pm
xxx× × ×xM E A D O W SxxxE S T A T ExxxI N F O R M A T I O Nxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

xxxT H ExxxH O M Exxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
              × This is the ancestral home of the Meadows, a prominent wizarding family.
              × It is presently home to three generations of Meadows; the patriarch Chrysanthos, his wife, eldest son, and son's wife and children.
              × Chrysanthos' oldest daughter Anthea is often around, due to being a widow and having no children. She enjoys visiting her nieces and nephew.
              × Connected to the Floo Network: Floo Address is 'Meadows Estate: Main House'. There is also a Floo set up in the pool house.

xxxT H ExxxP E T Sxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
              × Chrysanthemum has a cat named Galahad.
              × Delphinia has a rabbit named Blanchefleur.
              × Sherwood has a turtle named Lady Elaine.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2015 7:44 pm
User Image

c υ r r e n т l y
                                                          ╔═══════════════════════════════╗
                                                          ★ ѕєνєи уєαяѕ σℓ∂ ★
                                                          Looking Sweet in the Gardens with Finny and Sher
                                                          xxxғeelιngxxx
                                                          Determined
                                                          xxxтнιnĸιngxxx
                                                          ❝ I'm gonna find them so fast! ❞
                                                          ╚═══════════════════════════════╝

тнєяє αяє ∂ ι z z у ∂ α f f σ ∂ ι ℓ ѕ σи тнє нιℓℓѕι∂є ❃ ❃ ❃xxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                          ѕтяιиgѕ σf ν ι σ ℓ є т ѕ αяє αℓℓ ι и т υ и є ❃ ❃ ❃xxxxxxxxx
                                                          т ι g є я ℓιℓιєѕ ℓσνє тнє ∂ α и ∂ є ℓ ι σ и ѕ ❃ ❃ ❃xxxxxx
                                                          αℓℓ ιи тнє g σ ℓ ∂ є и α f т є я и σ σ и ❃ ❃ ❃xxx
                                                          ═════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

spaceChrys stood with her face buried in her hands, turned towards one of the many tall bushes that made up the maze her family called a garden. She supposed that technically it wasn't really a maze, considering the way the bushes were outlined, but they were tall enough and close enough to one another that they formed lanes and kept one from being seen by anyone not standing in the same lane, so it was close enough. She giggled uncontrollably, counting out to fifty as loudly as she possibly could. When it was Sher's turn to be it, he would only count to twenty, but that's because that's how far he could count so far. She could count to fifty, though. Further, even, but she thought that counting past that would be too long. She didn't want to give them too much time to hide, after all. Well... Sher needed all the time he could get. But Finny was really good, and she didn't want her to have time to find somewhere she'd never be found.

space"Forty-eight... forty-nine... fifty!" she called out at the top of her lungs, turning away from the bush and taking off running, cackling like a madman. "Ready or not, here I come!" The seven year old stumbled a bit as she ran around the corner, not caring about the tear she pulled in her stocking. Her mother would have a fit, she knew, but she didn't really care. Aunt Anthea was babysitting right now (and their Aunt did insist that they just call her Ann, but her parents always frowned when she said it), and she had taken them out to the garden, said 'have fun,' and turned them all loose. The older woman was currently sitting in the gazebo with a book, and would occasionally call out "Marco!" to get them to reply with "Polo!" so she knew they were still there. If she heard three little voices call back, she knew all was well. Chrys had wasted no time when they'd made it to the bushes. She was the oldest, which meant she was in charge, and that meant they were playing hide and seek, because she wanted to. So now the child wandered the bushes with a wide grin, ducking her head down to look under bushes and the like to try and find her siblings.

spaceShe started whistling to herself, something she always did when she thought she was getting close... and she was. She could hear the sound of giggling coming from behind one of the bushes. Sher was trying to muffle it with his sleeve, probably, but he wasn't doing a very good job, she thought. The eldest Meadows smirked, spotting the very edge of one of his shoes, and very deliberately walked right past him. "Oh, goodness!" she said, quite loudly and not the least bit believably. "I dunno where I shall find you both! You're such good hiders!" She snickered then, and turned on her heel, doubling back. When she saw Sher sneaking out, she broke into a run after him; that was Sher's problem, why he always got caught. He couldn't stay quiet, and then when you walked past him, he left his hiding spot and tried to find a new one. He always got caught. She tackled the boy to the ground, the both of them bursting into giggles. "Found you, found you!" she cheered, standing up and smoothing her skirt. She then offered her hand to her brother, who took it, trying to look angry at her. "You cheated!" he said, and she shook her head. "Nuh-uh, caught you, fair and square. But you know the rules... if you find Finny first, she's it, not you!" With that, Chrys started cackling again, and took off running. "No fair, no fair!" she heard Sher yell, "You got a head start!" He took off in the opposite direction, running around a corner to try and find his sister. He didn't want to be it! Chrys and Finny were too hard to find!

╚═════════════════════════════════════════════════
                                                          xxx❃ ❃ ❃ уσυ ¢αи ℓ є α я и α ℓσт σf тнιиgѕ fяσм тнє f ℓ σ ω є я ѕ
                                                          xxxxxx❃ ❃ ❃ fσя є ѕ ρ є ¢ ι α ℓ ℓ у ιи тнє мσитн σf נ υ и є
                                                          xxxxxxxxx❃ ❃ ❃ тнєяє'ѕ α ω є α ℓ т н σf нαρριиєѕѕ αи∂ я σ м α и ¢ є
                                                          xxxxxxxxxxxx❃ ❃ ❃ αℓℓ ιи тнє g σ ℓ ∂ є и α f т є я и σ σ и

(( OOC: ))

Sherwood brown #A0785A

The Forgotten Weasley

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2015 8:08 pm
Lay down your head and I'll sing you a lullaby;
Back to the years of loo-li lai-lay.
And I'll sing you to sleep and I'll sing you tomorrow...
Bless you with love for the road that you go;
May you sail far to the fair fields of fortune,
With diamonds and pearls at your head and your feet!
And may you need never to banish misfortune;
May you find kindness in all that you meet.

User Image
D E L P H I N I A
L U C E R N E
M E A D O W S

PUREBLOOD │ SECOND BORN │ AGE FIVE

This was not a garden. It was a massive, gloomy labyrinth, lit only by the faint glow of torches. Finny was not a girl, she was a brave warrior, sent to conquer the Minotaur. But the Minotaur was bigger and stronger and could kill her with a single blow, so she had to creep around in the shadows, waiting for the right time to strike. She had to hide. So real was this fantasy to Finny that if she closed her eyes and ignored the faint sound of the breeze in the leaves and birds in the trees, she could pretend she was in the labyrinth, hiding from the Minotaur, sword in hand, covered in dirt. The only part of that rooted in reality was that Finny, was, in fact, covered in dirt. Not bathed, but dirty none the less. Luckily, she thought it was the dry sort of dirt you could mostly brush off, that wouldn't really leave any stains. If she got her dress and shoes muddy, she'd be in real trouble.

But the dirt was necessary, not just for the sake of Pretend, Finny's favorite game since birth, but for the actual game going on right now. Finny was a good hider. She was quiet and small and could worm her way into places other could not. Hide and seek was her second favorite game, after Pretend, and she was very good at it. But Chrys was a clever seeker, and Finny knew that if she wanted to stay hidden for a good long while, she had to be clever, too. Sher always got found right away, but she often won, though she was a better hider than seeker. She was lying underneath a massive bush on her tummy, and the lower branches were pressing into her back, and her chin was in the dirt. It was very uncomfortable, but it was difficult to see her, and she had wisely, she thought, pulled her vibrant blue green hair back with a headband.

Finny pulled herself firmly out of Pretend and back into the real world to put her listening skills to good use. She knew Sher had been caught; she heard his and Chrys' voices, and more importantly, their giggling. Now they would both be after her, so staying exactly where she was and not moving a muscle was of utmost importance. Their yelling faded, then got louder, and Finny flattened herself even more against the ground. A flower petal from the bush, which bloomed well into the colder seasons, because of magic, drifted down and landed on her nose. She held her breath, fighting the urge to sneeze. Oh no, oh no! She couldn't help it. She sneezed, and then immediately held her breath. Had they heard it? Were they close? Finny watched for their shoes. Stupid flower petal, she thought, and then felt guilty. It was dead now, after all.

OOC:
Cara MiaKitty

May there always be angels to watch over you,
To guide you each step of the way...
To guard you and keep you safe from all harm.
May you bring love and may you bring happiness;
Be loved in return to the end of your days!
Now fall off to sleep, I'm not meaning to keep you...
I'll just sit for a while and sing loo-li, lai-lay...

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2015 4:50 pm
User Image

c υ r r e n т l y
                                                          ╔═══════════════════════════════╗
                                                          ★ ѕєνєи уєαяѕ σℓ∂ ★
                                                          Looking Sweet in the Gardens with Finny and Sher
                                                          xxxғeelιngxxx
                                                          Determined
                                                          xxxтнιnĸιngxxx
                                                          ❝ I'm gonna find them so fast! ❞
                                                          ╚═══════════════════════════════╝

тнєяє αяє ∂ ι z z у ∂ α f f σ ∂ ι ℓ ѕ σи тнє нιℓℓѕι∂є ❃ ❃ ❃xxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                          ѕтяιиgѕ σf ν ι σ ℓ є т ѕ αяє αℓℓ ι и т υ и є ❃ ❃ ❃xxxxxxxxx
                                                          т ι g є я ℓιℓιєѕ ℓσνє тнє ∂ α и ∂ є ℓ ι σ и ѕ ❃ ❃ ❃xxxxxx
                                                          αℓℓ ιи тнє g σ ℓ ∂ є и α f т є я и σ σ и ❃ ❃ ❃xxx
                                                          ═════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

spaceChrys snickered as she ran, tripping a grand total of three more times as she hurried through the garden, looking for any sign of her sister. If she hadn't found Sher yet, she would've been taking her time and being more careful, but her younger brother was on the loose and as bad as he was at hiding, he was really good at finding. She chalked it up to him being smaller and closer to the ground. Obviously that was it. It wasn't because she was impatient and didn't look for details. Not at all.

spaceAs she neared one of the sections of garden where Finny liked to hide. She thought she didn't have patterns, but she did. They all did. You just had to look for them. There were a few bushes in this area that the middle Meadows sibling liked because some of the blooms and leaves camouflaged her hair, and they fell low enough to the ground that she could hide on her belly and go almost entirely undetected. Normally, it was less a matter of skill finding Finny, and more a matter of luck. Finny was good at hiding, Sher was good at finding. Chrys... was the oldest. She was better than both of them, purely because of experience. Or that's what she'd convinced herself, anyway. Who knew if it was true or not. The child walked slowly for a bit, then got down on her belly in the middle of a lane, pressing her cheek to the grass and looking under the bushes. This time of year, they were all pretty full. It was hard to see much of anything. She pouted. "I know you're here, Finny!" she called loudly. In the distance, she heard her brother yelp, and the sudden rushing of little feet. He was trying to rush towards her to try and find their sister before she did... She'd have to work fast, then.

spaceThe seven year old pushed herself back up with a small 'hup' and began winding her way down the lane again, shaking the leaves on a few of the bushes to see if she scared Finny into making a sound. Nothing, though. She huffed impatiently, just starting to think maybe she'd been wrong and Finny was somewhere else (there was another section of garden with a tree the girl could climb easily enough) when she heard it; a small, barely audible sneeze. Chrys slowed, cocking her head to listen... It couldn't have been Sher. He wasn't close enough; she could hear him huffing and puffing as he tried to find Finny. Which meant... Chrys grinned, stepping in the direction of the sound, then got down on her tummy again. The pink haired child's smile widened like the Chershire cat's when she met her sister's eyes. "Hah! Gotcha!" she declared triumphantly. She then reached out, tapping her sister on the nose before she got up again. "Sheeeeeeeeeer! I found heeeeeeeeeeer!" she called, her tone bragging and sing-songy. She heard their younger brother huff, and then a small, "Drat it!" before his footsteps started towards them.

spaceThe youngest sibling rounded the corner and approached his sister, frowning. "I don' see 'er," he muttered, crossing his arms defiantly. Chrys pointed to the bush she'd hidden under, and he groaned. "Fiiiiiiiiiiiine. I gotta be the finder now, don't I?" Chrys nodded enthusiastically. "Those're the rules. I don't write 'em, I just enforce 'em," she said smugly. Which was kind of a lie. She was the oldest, she kind of made the rules. In that her siblings wouldn't know if anything she said were or were not the rules, since she was the one that told them. But, she operated off the rules her aunt had taught her when she was little and the other two were still too small to play.

╚═════════════════════════════════════════════════
                                                          xxx❃ ❃ ❃ уσυ ¢αи ℓ є α я и α ℓσт σf тнιиgѕ fяσм тнє f ℓ σ ω є я ѕ
                                                          xxxxxx❃ ❃ ❃ fσя є ѕ ρ є ¢ ι α ℓ ℓ у ιи тнє мσитн σf נ υ и є
                                                          xxxxxxxxx❃ ❃ ❃ тнєяє'ѕ α ω є α ℓ т н σf нαρριиєѕѕ αи∂ я σ м α и ¢ є
                                                          xxxxxxxxxxxx❃ ❃ ❃ αℓℓ ιи тнє g σ ℓ ∂ є и α f т є я и σ σ и

(( OOC: ))

Sherwood brown #A0785A

The Forgotten Weasley

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2015 8:11 am
Lay down your head and I'll sing you a lullaby;
Back to the years of loo-li lai-lay.
And I'll sing you to sleep and I'll sing you tomorrow...
Bless you with love for the road that you go;
May you sail far to the fair fields of fortune,
With diamonds and pearls at your head and your feet!
And may you need never to banish misfortune;
May you find kindness in all that you meet.

User Image
D E L P H I N I A
L U C E R N E
M E A D O W S

PUREBLOOD │ SECOND BORN │ AGE FIVE

Finny held her breath as Chrys called out for her, then got down on the ground, obviously looking for her. She started to walk away, and Finny smiled secretively, but then she heard the sneeze, she must have, because a second later she was right in front of Finny's face. Still somewhat convinced her sister was actually the Minotaur, she gasped, then recoiled as her older sister tapped her victoriously on the nose. "Ugh!" she exclaimed, more out of annoyance with herself than anyone else, as she struggled out of hiding spot and Chrys called for Sher.

Still, at least she wasn't the finder. "Finder's keeper's," she sing songed, though it didn't quite fit the situation. She felt as though she was duty bound to back up Chrys' authority in most things, being the middle child. She counted her sister as her best friend, after all, though Sher was a close second. Besides, Finny was already thinking of where to hide next. Maybe in the shed. Except... she'd have to leave the door a bit open, because otherwise it'd be dark in there, and Finny hated the dark. She didn't mind spiders or worms or dirt, but she didn't like being in the dark, especially alone in it.

That said, she busied herself with brushing the dirt off her clothes until Sher started counting. He could only count to twenty, and though that was probably much higher than most four year olds could count to, it still meant she'd have less time to hide. She'd have to really run if she wanted to make it to the shed in twenty seconds, or at least get out of his line of sight. Finny frowned at her shoes. They weren't really all that good for running in, but she was supposed to dress like a young lady, and she didn't want to argue with her parents over it. Chrys did that often enough, she felt like she should give them a break.

OOC:
Cara MiaKitty

May there always be angels to watch over you,
To guide you each step of the way...
To guard you and keep you safe from all harm.
May you bring love and may you bring happiness;
Be loved in return to the end of your days!
Now fall off to sleep, I'm not meaning to keep you...
I'll just sit for a while and sing loo-li, lai-lay...

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 1:38 pm
User ImageUser Image
Julius Devereux
Second Year Slytherin
Family Heir

Location : Meadow's Family Estate - Dining Room

The moment Julius came home for the holidays he knew something was up. It didn’t take long for him to find out from his mother and father that they found a suitable young lady to be his wife. To his mildly suppressed shock it turned out they had listened to him as it was Chrysanthemum. He honestly wondered if she even knew. Never mind that his parents let the fact that she was a Gryffindor go completely. Julius imagined if his cousin ever found out he’d be none too impressed. Then again his cousin wasn’t one to care about what his aunt and uncle did or thought.

Come the Christmas dinner his family was to attend, Julius gave his brother Caleb fair warning to behave. The response was a roll of his eyes before marching off. The Slytherin knew he wouldn’t be problem with his parents around but he still felt like reminding him of the obvious. He knew he didn’t need to worry about his younger brother and sister because well they were the least of his problems. What with, Quentin being too much of a scared child to do anything and Monique only being three.

Arriving at the Meadows estate, gift in hand for his wife to be, Julius took a breath. It’s not like he didn’t know her. They had class together but there was nothing like meeting the parents and her siblings. Quentin scampered over to his big brother as they approached the door. “You nervous Julius…?” He quietly whispered. “No, I’m not.” Julius assured his blue haired brother with a faint smile. Watching as his father rang the bell they waited until a house elf answered the door.

“Lovely to see you,” The house elf greeted them before showing them to the dining room. "Please have a seat while you wait."

Following the house elf into the dining room, Julius found the place to be nice. He imagined his younger brother was appreciating the décor as were his parents (or at least his mother). He’s parents weren’t exactly easy to read but he could tell Caleb didn’t seem to care much. Course his mum was busy keeping her little angel from getting her hands on everything before setting her in a seat. Her face scrunching up at the word no. Taking a seat along with the rest of his family, he hoped there would be no tantrums out of her during dinner.

With : My family & the Meadow's family

Attire : Looking his Best

OOC : - - -

Cara MiaKitty
                                                  The Forgotten Weasley

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 5:09 pm
User Image

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xx» wнere «xx
xxxDining Room
xxxxxxxx» wιтн «xx
xxxxxxxxxHer family, The Devereux family
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx» ғeelιng «xx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxBetrayed
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

í hαd α drєαmвíg αnd lσudxxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                          í jumpєdhígh í tσuchєd thє clσudsxxxxxxxxx
                                                          í strєtchєd mч hαnds σut tσ thє skчxxxxxx
                                                          dαncєd wíth mσnstєrs thrσugh thє níghtxxx

════════════════════════════════════════════╗

spaceChrys had already been fairly fidgety when she headed down to the dining room for Christmas Dinner. The family did it every year, and every year she was forced into some pretty girly-girl dress, made to have her hair done nice and wear the 'nice' jewelry (aka the jewelry they didn't let her wear otherwise, even if she'd wanted to, because she would ruin or lose it), and act all prim and proper for hours on end with the whole ruddy family. Her grandparents in particular, who she honestly couldn't stand, because they were patronizing as all get out.

spaceOf course, this year felt even more obnoxious. She was 'growing up', her mother had said fondly, and it was time to start dressing 'like a young lady, not a little girl.' Apparently, that meant heels (even if they were rather short, Chrys was still having quite the time navigating in them), and makeup, of all stupid things! It was just some lip gloss, of course, but still! And her mother and Miss Delilah and Miss Regina fussing over hear, doing her nails and putting her hair up in a very adult sort of fashion (she was used to braids, or having it pulled back a bit, not this fancy updo they'd given her!) had her exceptionally on edge. It felt like there was more to this than she was being told.

spaceNo amount of questioning on her part would get the three women to come clean, and once she was all ready and prepped, Miss Delilah and Miss Regina vanished (apparently her family was still too uppity to allow the mistresses at a family meal, even though literally everyone and the ghost of their grandmother knew about them), and she was escorted down the stairs and to the formal dining room.

spaceHer father fussed at her for a moment, looking at her with an expression she could only describe as 'trepidation', which only upped her suspicion that something was going on. Something she'd been left out of the loop on. Her siblings joined them shortly thereafter, were subjected to a similar, if less thorough, inspection, and the lot of them finally entered the dining room.

spaceThe rest of the family was already seated, as was the norm. Her grandfather sat in his place at the head of the table, her grandmother at the other end of the table. The two spots to her grandfather's right were empty, as always, reserved for her parents. But what was odd was that the seat next to those two was empty as well, and instead of her Uncle Chandler and Aunt Blodwyn sitting across from those seats, was... She blinked. Then blinked again. Then glared, grabbing at her mother's hand and tugging.
                                                          "Mother," she hissed insistently, eyes landing on Julius. Surely she was not expected to sit with her parents. And surely she was not expected to sit across from him!

space"Mother, why is he here?" she asked, eyes desperately searching for anything but the answer she knew she'd get. Her manners had faltered, a fact her grandfather would no doubt blame on her being away at school and in Gryffindor house rather than Ravenclaw or at the very least Hufflepuff, but she didn't really care. She was too upset. Julius was here. With his family. No one ever came to the family Christmas dinner. It was for family. Miss Delilah and Miss Regina weren't even allowed to attend. So why, then where they here?

spaceHer mother gave her a reproachful look. "Chrysanthemum, dear, not now," she said softly, and Chrys found herself swallowing a scream, her face going pale. No. No, no, no. Her parents wouldn't... They weren't like that, though! They were going to name her heir once her grandfather died! They didn't care about her being a girl, not like that, anyway! Surely to God they weren't going to... to...

spaceNormally, the children sat separately from their parents. Her Aunt Anthea sat next to her mother, her Uncle Chandler and Aunt Blodwyn sat across from the three of them, and she, Finny, and Sher sat with the twins. But not this time, apparently. Apparently, this time she was supposed to sit beside her mother, with Aunt Anthea between herself and Finny, which was unacceptable all on its own. But the reason why she had to sit with her parents, that was the part that really had her upset.

spaceChrys' father escorted her to the chair next to Aunt Anthea, and she stared blankly as she sat across from Julius. There were some pleasantries exchanged, and she distantly heard her father introducing her to Julius' parents, and telling her to say hello. She did so, softly, unaware of the way her little brother watched her with concern or her Aunt glared at her grandfather. All she knew was that, by the end of this dinner, she was going to be engaged, and she was not happy about it.

╚════════════════════════════════════════════
                                                          xxxí'm nєvєr gσnnα lσσk вαck
                                                          xxxxxxwhσα, í'm nєvєr gσnnα gívє ít up
                                                          xxxxxxxxxnσ, just dσn't wαkє mє nσw
                                                          xxxxxxxxxxxxthís ís gσnnα вє thє вєst dαч σf mч lífє

User Image

»» ««
                                                          xxoυт oғ cнaracтerxx
                                                          - - -

murruelecreuset

The Forgotten Weasley

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 7:19 pm
It's happening all the time;
When I open my eyes,
I'm still taken by surprise!
I hold sunlight and swallow fireflies...
And it makes me want to cry

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
𝒟𝐸𝐿𝒫𝐻𝐼𝒩𝐼𝒜
𝐿𝒰𝒞𝐸𝑅𝒩𝐸
𝑀𝐸𝒜𝒟𝒪𝒲𝒮

PUREBLOOD │ SECOND BORN │ AGE TEN

Finny generally enjoyed Christmas. She wasn't the biggest fan of winter- she disliked being cold, although she enjoyed going sleigh-riding, building snow forts with Sher, and hot chocolate, as well as all the glittering fairly lights that seemed to pop up everywhere. But cold or not, Christmas was especially meaningful since it meant Chrys was home. For the month or so before Hogwarts let out for the winter break, Finny was often consumed with the nagging anxious fear that Chrys would not come home at all, since it wasn't as if her elder sister had become any less brash or rebellious in the past few years. Still, it was silly- why wouldn't Chrys come home? She had to see her and Sher. Finny was also infinitely glad she'd be going off to Hogwarts next year as well, because she sometimes had the sinking feeling that Chrys was racing ahead into the future, and the strange, frightening land of grown ups, far too fast for her or Sher to follow.

It was made even more evident by the special attention given to her sister's appearance tonight. Finny had hovered in the background, a mixture of vague envy and idle concern, as their mother and... and their parents's friends, fussed over the slightly older girl. Two years had never seemed like more of a chasm. Finny was dressed nicely, of course, but it was clear she was still very much regarded as a child, even if Mother and Father expected to her spend far less time running around outside (or inside) with Sher and more time attending to her lessons in etiquette and all sorts of things, some of which Finny enjoyed, others of which she politely tolerated. Her hair was in a neat, but simple braid, and while her dress was expensive and formal, the long sleeves and skirt and plain flats were a far cry from what Chrys' elaborate, more mature updo, and what she'd had been forced into. Finny wore earrings and two little rings, but no makeup. When they were both finished getting ready, she regarded her sister with an expression of something like wariness, because she did not quite recognize the near-teenager beside her.

Their height difference was also a bit pronounced, given her sister's heels, and Finny watched her go, knowing she'd be escorted down first, before the younger children, as that was the way things went, and then finally she and Sher joined the rest of the family (minus the Misses) in the foyer, and then they were all in the dining room. Finny was too upset to not be seated next to Chrys that at first she did not quite catch on to the presence of strangers. Then she did, and curiously surveyed them. Two adults, three boys, and a little girl. The eldest boy was clearly Hogwarts aged, while the younger two seemed closer to Sher's age, and the girl was very small indeed. Her first, innocent thought, was that perhaps the boy was a friend of Chrys' from school. But she doubted Chrys would be this upset to see a friend, so that left only one conclusion: he was going to be her betrothed.

Finny knew quite a bit about all that, now that she was ten. Mother had explained to her that although she was still young, very soon she would be a young lady, and at Hogwarts, and a match would have to be secured for her. After all, her parents had been arranged to marry since they were... Chrys' age. Finny wasn't really sure what to make of the whole thing, but she had a different opinion on it from her sister, she knew that. Finny really just wanted everyone to be happy, and since her parents normally seemed content enough with their marriage, although she now knew more of what went on behind closed doors, she was not horrified or very perturbed by the thought of them picking out someone to marry her. Her parents might not love each other the way they were expected to, but they still seemed to get along just fine. She didn't think they would make her marry someone who mistreated her. And if her parents didn't have the typical marriage, well, maybe she and whoever she married could do about the same thing. Really, she mostly felt like she had to be amenable to it, mostly because she couldn't see Chrys ever willingly walking down the aisle to someone picked out for her. No matter who they were or what they were like. So one daughter had to be... better suited to it, right?

Besides, Chrys was a dreadfully exciting person who enjoyed exciting things. That was why she was in Gryffindor, right? Finny did not consider herself particularly exciting. She was, in all honesty, a rather passive person with interests that while, she enjoyed them, she suspected other people would find quite dull and mundane. She wasn't inclined to be rebellious or make a fuss. She liked nice, pretty things, like soft dresses and sweet perfumes and dancing and her rabbit. She didn't mind getting dirty or making a mess, but she didn't enjoy it. She wasn't ashamed of herself, and she wasn't ashamed of her sister. But logically, maybe, she was the one who fit better into the shape of the daughters they were supposed to be. And she could see that the boy Chrys was going to be promised to, dark-haired and small and gray-eyed, looking rather neutral and bookish, maybe, was very much someone who fit the mold. So this was not going to end well, regardless of whatever her and That Boy's parents chose to believe. Finny had enough sense to know that instinctively. She didn't hate him, not on sight, but she didn't particularly like him either. She bit her lip and stared at her plate almost sullenly, which was akin to a temper tantrum, for her.

OOC:
Cara MiaKitty

murruelecreuset

I was just wishing you were here-
So we could walk down to the stream,
And we could throw all our leaves in.
Seeing our dragon when we look...
I shall never grow up.

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 12:26 pm
User ImageUser Image
Julius Devereux
Second Year Slytherin
Family Heir

Location : Meadow's Family Estate - Dining Room

Julius saw the look on Chrysanthemum’s face as well as the looks of her siblings. He could visibly see that they weren’t happy that he and his family were there. Though, her brother just looked concerned. Chrys was a tad more noticeable then again he’d known her for a year now. That glare was hard to ignore but he remained composed. She was a Gryffindor a fact that he was accepting too and yet was surprised his parents had. If they’d known about that fact they hadn’t let on.

Caleb had his typical plain look as he sat next to his brother. He could tell the pink haired girl Chrysanthemum wasn’t a fan of Julius being there. And her blue haired siblings just seemed bothered in their own way. Either way he didn’t care. Quinn on the other hand remained silent and glanced from his plate to everyone else in the room. He didn’t want to cause trouble.

“How lovely it is to meet you.” Julius’ mother said in greeting to Chrys. “Julius has said a lot of good things.” She added with a smile. Julius honestly wished she hadn’t as he glanced at his brother smirking beside him. It was followed by a greeting from his father before he was introduced to Chrys’ family. “Hello, it is a pleasure to meet you all. Thank you for having us, you have a lovely home.” Julius spoke in his usual polite manner. Though, he prayed that this wouldn’t go badly he was sure that Chrys wouldn’t be happy that he had actually mentioned her at all. Perhaps he was the reason behind them being here today.

With : My family & the Meadow's family

Attire : Looking his Best

OOC : - - -

Cara MiaKitty
                                                  The Forgotten Weasley

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:05 pm
User ImageUser Image

═════════════════════════════════════════════
                                              ρℓєαѕє ∂σи'т ¢яу σиє тєαя fσя мє
                                              ι'м иσт αfяαι∂ σf ωнαт ι нανє тσ ѕαу
                                              тнιѕ ιѕ му σиє αи∂ σиℓу νσι¢є
                                              ѕσ ℓιѕтєи ¢ℓσѕє, ιт'ѕ σиℓу fσя тσ∂αу

spaceChrys' eyes had narrowed in suspicion when, casual as you please, her mother had informed the three children (was she still a child? She had graduated. Then again, that probably didn't make much difference to her parents) that they should meet them in their father's study following breakfast. All of the adults at the breakfast table had been almost ridiculously tight-lipped regarding why, and everyone had looked uncomfortable. Everyone, that is, except Regina, who had looked like a cross between guilty and smug, which was concerning to say the least. Chrys wasn't an idiot, she'd noticed some of the tension between her father and his mistress these last couple of years, but she hadn't really given it much thought. Well, except to wonder if she'd leave him, which wouldn't have surprised her in the least. Regina deserved better. Chrys didn't know how she'd done this for so long. Nearly fifteen years, which was an obscene amount of time to be a man's mistress, no matter how fine with it his wife was.

spaceShe'd kept her mouth shut, however, having absolutely no desire to start any sort of conflict at the breakfast table. Things were tense enough with the... scandal, with the Kinsley family, after all. Chrys was still waiting to see what sort of effect that had on Finny's betrothal to Sorin. Hopefully, she'd get out of it. If her marrying Julius was going to be a hardship, her sister having to marry Sorin Kinsley would be torture. He'd gotten better over the years, but not better enough for Chrys' comfort. Now, sitting (slouching) in her father's favorite leather chair, she glanced over at her siblings, frowning.
                                              "Do either of you have any clue what's going on?" she asked. If she were being optimistic, she'd say maybe it was regarding the betrothal, but she was pretty sure that they would've taken Finny aside privately to discuss that. No, this had to be about all of them, somehow.

spaceSher pulled a face at his sister's posture, adjusting his own so that it was, if possible, even more straight. "Grandmother'll throw a fit if she sees you sitting like that, Chrys," he pointed out, earning a scoff from her. "I'm just saying," he muttered.

spaceShe sighed, knowing he meant well.
                                              "Grandmother's not coming, I'd wager," she told him. "If she were, they would've just told us at breakfast. After asking Regina and Delilah to leave. With that rude, pinched face she makes when she talks to them." Chrys rolled her eyes. Both women had lived in the house for over a decade, yet for some reason Jillian Meadows acted like she'd only just discovered both her son and his wife having an affair. It bordered on ridiculous.

spaceSher sighed, nodding in agreement. "I guess you're right. But, you don't know what it's about?" he asked, surprised. If anyone would've known, it would've been her, right? Or... well, he was the heir, supposedly, so he guessed he might've. Except he didn't. She shook her head in response, and he inhaled deeply. "Well, I guess we'll just have to wait to see what they say."

тєℓℓ му мσтнєя, тєℓℓ му fαтнєя ι'νє ∂σиє тнє вєѕт ι ¢αи
                                              тσ мαкє тнєм яєαℓιzє тнιѕ ιѕ му ℓιfє
                                              ι нσρє тнєу υи∂єяѕтαи∂ - ι'м иσт αиgяу, ι'м נυѕт ѕαуιиg
                                              ѕσмєтιмєѕ gσσ∂вує ιѕ α ѕє¢σи∂ ¢нαи¢є

wнere - Father's Study
                                              wнen - Morning, Summer 2042
                                              wιтн - Mum, Dad, Finny and Sher
                                              - ooc -
                                              blah blah blah

The Forgotten Weasley

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 8:47 pm
Little bird have you got a key?
Unlock the lock inside of me
Where will you go?
Keep yourself afloat

User Image
𝒟𝐸𝐿𝒫𝐻𝐼𝒩𝐼𝒜
𝐿𝒰𝒞𝐸𝑅𝒩𝐸
𝑀𝐸𝒜𝒟𝒪𝒲𝒮

PUREBLOOD │ SIXTH YEAR │ RAVENCLAW

Finny was not in a terribly pleasant mood. She had always been a somewhat melancholic teenager, but up until now, she'd rarely been anything close to 'moody'. That had changed ever since exams, and the expulsion/downfall/humiliation of her two closest friends, which was really a bit pathetic, if you thought about it, that she was closest with the forced fiance who no sooner wanted to marry her than she him, and his sister, who'd manipulated the betrothal into place in the first place.

Finny didn't understand how the twins could be so incredibly clever and so stupid at the same time. Celeste was perfectly charming and a perfect pushover, and Sorin was brilliant, yet had the emotional intelligence of a hamster. She loved them like family, but she was also furious with them. Celeste wasn't to blame for being controlled by her dreadful betrothed, but she was to blame for agreeing to do Sorin's exams for him- as if he couldn't afford to expend the brain power to do them himself. And Sorin- if she saw him she thought she might slap him silly, which was a bold thought coming from her, who often cried while reading particularly emotional books.

Their family was likely apoplectic, and while she had the added bonus of her wedding likely being delayed a year until Sorin graduated, it was a stark reminder of what awaited her in the Kinsley household. Speaking very softly and cautiously with Celeste, waiting to be reprimanded for this or that. Long nights lying next to Sorin, staring at the ceiling and practically sensing the resentment building. At some point they'd be called upon to produce further Kinsleys who would also grow up in abject fear and loathing, and she would slowly fade into the wallpaper while Celeste pretended everything was fine and dandy.

So maybe she was projecting a little, and she was really more angry with herself, and her own family. With her parents and her grandparents and their mistresses and even her siblings, whom she loved dearly but whom she was starting to wish would just- she didn't know what. Stage a protest? Walk out of the house together and go... where? She and Sher were still minors, after all, and Chrys was only here because of them, most likely. There wasn't really anything to do. She ruffled her newly short hair, not for the first time.

Her parents were not pleased with the haircut, which she'd gotten in Hogsmeade just before going home for the summer, but it wasn't so wild as to induce any actual punishment or revoking or privileges. She'd been quick to remind them, after all, that her hair had always grown back quickly, and that cutting it short just this once wouldn't do any harm. Did it really matter, so long as it grew back in time for her wedding in two or so years? It wasn't as if she were sporting a Mohawk or dye job.

"Maybe the Kinsleys are coming for dinner and they want me to wear a wig," she said, as sarcastically as she'd ever said anything. "Or someone's dropped dead. Maybe we're all being written out of the will. Or Mother's pregnant. Miraculous conception. Anything's possible, I suppose." She crossed her legs at her ankles and adopted as close to a glower as had ever graced her heart-shaped face.

OOC:
Username

Feeling old until the wings unfolded
Caught me a long wind
Where will we go?
Keep ourselves afloat

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 6:41 pm
User ImageUser Image

ρℓєαѕє ∂σи'т ¢яу σиє тєαя fσя мє
                                              ι'м иσт αfяαι∂ σf ωнαт ι нανє тσ ѕαу
                                              тнιѕ ιѕ му σиє αи∂ σиℓу νσι¢є
                                              ѕσ ℓιѕтєи ¢ℓσѕє, ιт'ѕ σиℓу fσя тσ∂αу

spaceChrys wasn't sure whether to snicker or scowl at her sister's rather acidic response, but opted to be amused rather than cross. Sher, she could tell from his fidgeting, was cross enough for the three of them. Then again, he'd always had an easier time than his sisters. Being male and all. He also had gotten the best deal out of the lot of them, as far as future spouses went. He hadn't known his own beforehand, but she was close enough friends with his own best friend, and they'd gotten along famously the few times they'd seen one another. She was pretty sure she'd caught him writing her a letter the night before, if the blush he was sporting was any indication. She tried not to be bitter about it, especially considering... well. Julius was a far sight better than Sorin, at least.

spaceSo, she snickered, rolling her eyes ever so slightly and ignoring the way her brother frowned at them both. If he were more assertive of a person (and perhaps more of a misogynist), she'd be willing to bet he'd take advantage of his male-ness to scold them both for their poor temperaments. But then, he'd always gotten off easiest, so what did he know?
                                              "If someone died, it must be someone Regina dislikes," she said with an arched brow. "She seemed rather... perky, at breakfast. For her, anyway." Their father's mistress had always been, somehow, the most proper person in the household, aside from perhaps their grandfather. It was as if she'd thought that, by living up to and even surpassing all possible expectations, she could somehow erase her grandparent's barely concealed disgust at her mere existence. A fruitless endeavor, but that hadn't stopped her from trying her damnedest.

spaceHer expression grew somewhat thoughtful, and she rested her elbows on her knees, leaning forward, her back bowed and shoulders hunched in a decidely not-ladylike manner.
                                              "D'ya suppose it was Uncle Chandler, then? Not like the twins would've said anything if he did. Die, I mean." Apparently, she was running with the 'death in the family' theory. Well, it was the most plausible, to be honest. If they were being written out of the will now, after all this time, Chrys would probably burn the house to the ground with her rage... if Finny didn't beat her to it. And their mother was almost certainly not pregnant... Though perhaps Regina was? Now that would be scandalous.

spaceSher made an odd noise, signalling his discomfort. "That's not funny, Chrys," he said, tone slightly more authoritative than before. "I know... I mean, I know none of us like him. But c'mon."

spaceChrys waved her hand dismissively.
                                              "I'm not laughing," she pointed out, "just speculating. I mean, something serious is going-"

spaceBefore she could finish the thought, the door opened, their parents entering the room. An admonishing look from their mother finally had Chrys adjusting her posture, though she drew the line at crossing her ankles like a proper lady. She wasn't wearing a skirt, anyway, having decided that if Finny could chop all her hair off, she was allowed to wear jeans... and contemplating a hair cut of her own, but that was beside the point.

spaceThere was a long, awkward silence, with their mother looking as though she were waiting for something, and their father looking like he would rather be anywhere but here, doing anything but this... whatever this was. Chrys coughed to trying and rouse one or both of them from their silence, before Sher was the one to break it. "You wanted to speak with us?" he asked, slowly drawing the words out as if not sure he should speak. Which, to be fair, he shouldn't have, but no one else was doing it. And their grandparents, as predicted, weren't present.

spaceTheir father sighed heavily, giving Chrys a significant glance before settling into another chair, their mother perching herself on its arm. Chrys couldn't help but notice that, for all the awkwardness, they both looked... somewhat relieved, about something. No one was dead, then, she supposed.

space"Your father and I are getting a divorce," Abigail finally said, breaking the silence when Hyacinth failed to follow his sigh with anything else. "Not that this will affect the three of you overmuch, as you're all adults or almost there. But, we know this can be a... traumatic thing, for some children, regardless of if they are children or not. So we want you to know that we still love you, that this has nothing to do with you," she paused, her gaze drifting to the two girls and softening. Had Chrys not been so shocked, she might've snorted at that, because if she and, yes, even Finny, could cause their parents to divorce, she was pretty sure it would've happened ages ago.

space"Why?" Sher asked, beating Chrys to the punch. They were both looking at their mother, who in turn looked at their father, effectively giving him the floor.

spaceHe sighed again. "... Regina gave me an ultimatum," he said quietly, earning a surprised gasp from Sher and an only somewhat derisive snort from Chrys. "She... You all know I love her, and she's... Well..."

space"Finally tired of being a dirty not-secret?" Chrys finished, earning a glare from both parents. She simply shrugged in response. "What? I wouldn't have put up with it this long," she said, earning yet another sigh from their father.

space"Yes, well. She wants... She wants to have her own life. She said she felt like she's spent over a decade in stasis, and... I don't blame her for wanting more. And I couldn't tell her no. Your mother and I discussed it, and... well, we love each other. But we've never been in love with each other."

spaceChrys' eyes narrowed, another snarky response on the tip of her tongue, but she refrained. Instead, she glanced at her sister. This was an interesting development, to say the least. If they were lucky, they could use this to get out of their own arranged marriages. That was certainly her thought on the matter, anyway.

тєℓℓ му мσтнєя, тєℓℓ му fαтнєя ι'νє ∂σиє тнє вєѕт ι ¢αи
                                              тσ мαкє тнєм яєαℓιzє тнιѕ ιѕ му ℓιfє
                                              ι нσρє тнєу υи∂єяѕтαи∂ - ι'м иσт αиgяу, ι'м נυѕт ѕαуιиg
                                              ѕσмєтιмєѕ gσσ∂вує ιѕ α ѕє¢σи∂ ¢нαи¢є

wнere - Father's Study
                                              wнen - Morning, Summer 2042
                                              wιтн - Mum, Dad, Finny and Sher
                                              - ooc -
                                              blah blah blah

Sher #681317

The Forgotten Weasley

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 7:40 am
Little bird have you got a key?
Unlock the lock inside of me
Where will you go?
Keep yourself afloat

User Image
𝒟𝐸𝐿𝒫𝐻𝐼𝒩𝐼𝒜
𝐿𝒰𝒞𝐸𝑅𝒩𝐸
𝑀𝐸𝒜𝒟𝒪𝒲𝒮

PUREBLOOD │ SIXTH YEAR │ RAVENCLAW

Finny made a small noise that could have been shock, indignation, or hysterical amusement when her mother at last said the words. They were getting a divorce. Not because they had never loved one another romantically, or because they thought it was the best thing for their children, or because they were sick of being controlled by the Meadows grandparents, but because Regina had finally snapped, issued Father an ultimatum, and he meekly agreed.

Well, good for Regina. Truth be told, Finny had more respect for her parents' respective partners than for her parents themselves. At least Regina and Delilah did what they thought was right, and weren't afraid to, sentimental as it might sound, follow their hearts.

"A decade in stasis," she said, very quietly. "You mean like the decades in stasis you expect us to go through- or Chrys and I, at least, Sher is very fond of his betrothed- but just to clarify, I'll never be permitted a divorce from Sorin, will I? Or Chrys one from Julius? It's just not done, is it? It's not proper. But it is proper to sell off your children to the highest bidder." Her fingers were digging into the arms of her chair, and there were bright spots of angry color in her normally pale face.

"You're not getting a divorce for our sakes. You couldn't give a damn about our feelings or what we want. All you care about is your own personal happiness and the inheritance. Do you think I love Sorin Kinsley? He's a nice boy, and I care about him, Mother. Merlin knows he's had a horrible childhood, from what I can tell. But I don't love him anymore than Chrys loves Julius."

It was just- the hypocrisy of the whole thing. All of a sudden they were a family who cared about love and happiness in marriages, and who didn't care what people thought of them for doing what was right, rather than what was proper. It was all very funny, in a darkly ironic way. When their parents had decided on a whim that they deserved to be happy, the game had changed. But they still wanted their children to play by the rules they were neatly side-stepping.

"I'm not marrying Sorin," she said, coldly. "Not because I plan on dramatically defying you, but because you are out of your minds if you think the Kinsleys will ever accept a daughter of divorced parents for their son. For Morgana's sake, they're practically religious zealots, the way they- the way they view women," she snapped. "I don't care what Grandfather tells them, they won't have it. And I'm glad. Because I would have gone along with it, out of some sick sense of duty to you. But I don't have any. I owe you exactly nothing, and neither does Chrys, or Sher."

Breathing rapidly, she stood up, without asking to leave, and stalked out of the room, head pounding.

OOC:
Username

Feeling old until the wings unfolded
Caught me a long wind
Where will we go?
Keep ourselves afloat

Private Homes

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items