BlackFruity

Vice Captain

Lucky Loiterer

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 1:04 am
User Image

[澤]____M e a d o w____i n____t h e____M o s s____[澤]
M u t e d_____S l e e p

| : | A r e a ... D e s c r i p t i o n | : |
____ Pushing through waist-high vegetation will bring you out onto a large clearing. It is completely blocked from sunlight by the thick, over-arching branches of giant mangroves skirting the border, and moss acts as the carpet over all exposed roots, soil, and the base of the ancient trees. The lack of solar rays has brought about a unique, isolated ecosystem, revolving around the bio-luminescent insects taking him in small, leafy shrubs that have somehow repelled the moss' will to envelope them.

| : | L o r e | : |
A romantic story is connected to the space. Two shinobi from rival villages would meet in the neutral Land of Water for their secret rendevous, spending hours embraced on the moss and gazing up upon the giants. Unfortanetly, a Sword of the Mist came upon them while they slept and killed them. When they failed to return home, the villages from whence they came went to war. Over time, the moss consumed the lovers, bringing their bones deep into the soft earth, forever embraced.

[ Details ]
| : | P o i n t s ... O f ... I n t e r e s t | : |
____

| : | K n o w nD e f e n s e s // D a n g e r s | : |
____ • N/A

| : | U n k n o w n D e f e n s e s // D a n g e r s | : |
____ • The moss absorbs any chakra that it is exposed to. Spreading the chakra throughout is massive system, it has turned itself into a natural vault of chakra that could be drawn from with the right knowledge.

| : | R u l e s | : |
____ • ???

| : | I t e m s| : |
____ • ???

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 11:14 am
_______________The Narrator Whispers... ||

→→ The silence of the meadow was broken only by the chirping of crickets and drowsy meanderings of animals as they turned in their sleep. The darkness was nearly absolute, with an emerald twilight giving every shadow a depth that hid those that slumbered within. Peace reigned in the clearing where the bio luminescent moss warmed the flesh of those who lay within, caressing them, leaching the impurities from their flesh. The trees above, their canopy obscuring all but the simplest of lights, hung low over the three chrysalises that absorbed and reflected the luminescence and the twilight in a cascade of color few south of the poles could ever hope to see.
→→ All fell silent.
→→ The stirrings of the smallest insect stilled as if a predator had neared their abodes. Those that slumbered were awoken by the sense that something terrible was about to happen. The trees swayed as a fell wind graced their tops, and the water below the moss stirred with movement as the things below caught the same terrible promise. A dark light fell from above, tinting the world with a ruddy light, befouling it with its presence. The light came with a message, a message that nothing alive had heard in millenia: "they return". A voice, but not a voice. A presence, but not a presence. That which gave life and forsook it had begun to stir, deep within the confines of Doro no Kuni, and with it the warning that all knew to watch for despite never being told. Instinct took control, and yet fear held them in place. What did it mean?
→→ Suddenly, the splintering of something stronger and denser than wood resounded through the grotto.
→→ The moss recoiled from the three standing stones, their bodies, once covered in lichen and glowing insects, had stirred and cast them aside. Their lights, once reflecting of the world around them, had turned a murky white as spoiled water stirred by a storm.
→→ Another noise, and a large crack split the tallest of them all.
→→ It was too much, as the animals that had frozen in fright fled, leaping into the waters, the trees, and fleeing the meadow for all they were worth. What came, they wondered in their minds. Why did they flee so?
→→ The cracks spread, spidering across their surfaces with thickening bands of fault. Yet where glass and ice would have shattered they remained hole, hale, and for a moment the moss leaned forward, tasting at the chakra that leaked from inside these finite cracks. Yet only another moment passed before a pulse struck the world, the moss trembling in response, and the crystals shattered in all directions.
→→ The world was silent as three bodies stumbled forward, falling within the strange green twilight upon a lush carpet of moss that pressed against them, tasting them, but not harming them. Several hundred feet across, the clearing was empty of all but the moss and the remains of the chrysalises, which even now turned completely translucent and began refracting the lights around into that strange, ethereal light that had existed before.

Aegon VI Targaryan

I Tortured Sleep I

Lily Platypus

Lanfaer
Captain

Aged Genius

8,075 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Hygienic 200

Koresephone
Crew

Winter Specter

22,900 Points
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Foolhardy Benefactor 500
  • Battery 500
PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 11:41 am
User ImageUser Image
                                                It was quiet for the longest time, and Sonyo was unaware of anything except for the extreme emptiness she felt inside her; as if some piece of her had gone suddenly missing. It was this deep nagging feeling, somewhere that she could only describe as inside her soul. Something's wrong, she thought, and was surprised. Some part of her felt like it was the first thought she's had in a long time. She heard a terrible sound, akin to the shattering glass that had resounded in her mind the first time she met Shukaku face-to-face. It set her nerves alive, and suddenly she was aware she actually existed. Her nerves screamed to move, to get away, but to get away from what? And then it happened-- like dead skin peeling from every part of her body she suddenly felt a release as the crystal that once encased her split from her being and shattered in to tiny bits. Sonyo's hazel-brown eyes snapped open as she gasped in a breath, and then she was falling. Instincts tried to kick in, her mind remembering falling before. She had caught herself then, but her creaking bones and short circuiting nerves would not obey her this time.

She expected the impact to hurt, but it didn't. She hit ground covered in something soft, something warm. She was only aware when she felt it moving slightly that it was also alive. A sharp hiss escaped her lips as she stumbled up, glaring down at whatever soft was under her. The anger was replaced with confusion when she realized it was moss, glowing moss. This was not a desert, this was not the landscape of the place she once called home. Where was she? How the hell did she end up here? Looking just behind her, she found a backpack she had been wearing for a mission laying in the remains of the crystal. She was on a mission before this? How did she remember that? Why was everything so fuzzy just before this? Panic began to sink and and Sonyo looked around, trying to get a baring, trying to figure out where she was. Moss was everywhere, even now it was reclaiming the places where the crystal had landed. There were two other people with her, but none of them were Nari. With the realization her husband was not here, the panic exploded. Sonyo began to swear under her breath repeatedly and she scrambled for the supplies she held, trying to get herself to calm down.

She asked mentally for Shukaku's thoughts on the situation and was only met with silence.

Once more she asked for help, and once more only silence echoed back inside her head.

The panic somehow got worse, her only eternal companion was gone. Part of her was glad she was now free of the murderous demon, but she was entirely alone for the first time in her life. The young female closed her eyes, trying to take in a few deep breaths, before placing the supplies back down. She had to be rational, she couldn't freak out. She glared down once more at the moss, pointing at it. "Don't eat my supplies. I need those, kay?" Sonyo then sighed, realizing she was talking to moss, before turning back to the only two other people in the area. One was a light haired male she didn't recognize, the other....

"Holy s**t.... is that Haka...?"

▬ ▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
                                                > Chakra : : 100 / / 100 x > Stamina : : 100 / / 100 x > AC : : 0 x > Ryo : : 000 xxx
                                                > Ex-Jinchuirki x > Hyoutonx > Yuki-Onna x > E-rankxxxxxxxxx

Lily Playtpus
                                                Aegon VI Targaryan
                                                Quote:
                                                Quote:
                                                Quote:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:02 pm
[ xxx years ago ]

My mission is clear. Take this girl, get paid big cash, embezzle it back to the Land of Lightning to continue funding my temple, the center of art, science and culture in the land. It wasn’t a temple anymore, it started out as one, but it had become much, much more. A base of operation. A cemetery. A place of worship. A shelter for the weak. A gathering place for the lost. The broken. The angry. It was the launchpad from which I would lead a revolt that would shake the foundation of this corrupt shinobi world, against all those who wronged me, against the unjust and the nonbelievers. Axel Storn had died years ago, I constantly reminded myself. I am no longer him, all that is left of him is the set of skills that were forced onto him, a body, altered to protect his name. A mind cast aside so I could do what needs to be done. I have no name, I have no face. Just a voice, a mask and a sword. This was it. This was the final job, I had told myself this many times over. When I killed the first guard. When I killed the second guard. When I slit the throat of this girl’s mother when she stood in my way. Her mother didn’t matter, she was rich, corrupted and rotted. She was part of the problem. She would meet my sword eventually, I told myself as her warm blood dripped and dripped, staining my shoes. This was the last job, I told myself as I drove the pummel of my sword against the back of the girl’s head as she groggily woke up as a result of the sound of her mother’s body hitting the ground. I couldn’t have her screaming. Having her screaming meant that her father’s men would try to stop me. I couldn’t have that. They tried to stop me anyway, of course her father’s men followed. I killed them all too. More came, shinobi this time, and they fell, it was harder, shinobi were always harder than thugs, much harder. But as I made it out of the borders of the land, I could feel it began to take me. At first, I thought it had been a Shoton user that had managed to tag me with their chakra, but I soon realized this wasn’t the case. I felt the force come from inside of me, and slowly, I began to crystalize. My arms, legs, chest, it was almost instant. The last thing I heard was the sound of the girl’s body hitting the ground. I felt so angry, I wished I could have killed her then, because I knew it was the end. I wanted her death to be my parting gift to this world. The last thing I saw was the ocean, far away, the mountains. The Land of Lightning, I knew. My home.

[The Present]

The crystal came apart, and he took a step forward, running, as he had been doing centuries ago when he ran from the life he had made for himself. One step. Another. Another. Then, his body collapsed, as if unable to hold his weight or as a runner when he missteps. He fell face first on the ground. His mouth filled with dirt and moss and then stumbled on his back. His eyes were closed, and suddenly they parted open. Above him he saw the inside of the grotto’s canopy, hundreds upon thousands of leaves that covered the rays of the sun like a mantle, a bedsheet, that allowed the inside of the place to be cool and moist. Where am I? The thought came almost unbidden, but when he tried to think, there was only the echoing of his own voice in an empty void. Who am I? He then asked. The thought caused him to close his eyes and think, first, there was a void, just like before. But then came a sharp pain in the side of his head, he fought against it first, stood it, almost as if by standing the pain he would be rewarded with an answer to his question, but instead, the more he tried to force himself to remember, the more it hurt until the pain became unbearable and he screamed. His hands held the side of his head as his back arched, he could feel the long strands of hair against his hands. The pain stopped after a few seconds, and once the pain subsided, so did his screams.

He was sitting now, but never realized when he had sat down. His legs were crossed, his long white hair fell covering the left half his face. His breathing was heavy, his hands rested on the ground next to his legs, feeling the spongy moss below them. He breathed heavily, panicked. He felt the moss moving lightly around his hands, as if cupping them, but thought of nothing. Who am I? The thought came back again, once more unbidden, he tried to cast it aside, before the pain, but this time, there was no pain, instead, a single image. A picture. A boy with a somber face, soft, downturned lips, blood red hair and gentle brown-red eyes, followed quickly by the image of a taller teenager, with long flowing white hair the same somber face, but sadder, those downturned lips had a meaning behind them, and the same brown-red eyes. The same, but completely different. Those were sad, broken eyes. There was a third image. A flash that lasted in his mind less than a second, one that came and went so fast he did not know what it was that he had seen. A blue flash with the crack of thunder. The flash made him feel scared, that he was in danger, but there was no danger around him. There was nothing around him, he misjudged, just moss and trees and… a voice. He turned his head to see two women there. Who were they? One he had never seen before, but the second one seemed, no, not seemed, the sight of her didn’t evoke anything within him, but she felt familiar. Feeling is more important than thinking, he wagered in what was his first original thought in this queer, alien world. He felt a yearning to call out to them both, but he was afraid that he would not be able to speak. He also saw refractions of light among the moss.

Slowly, he got up, heard dinging of metal making contact with metal and felt a tug from his back. He looked down and saw that there were two knives, two daggers, dangling from his belt. He didn’t know he had a belt. He didn’t even know he was wearing clothes. His hand slithered down to one of the knives and pressed itself against it against the flat side of the blade, which was cool, if not outright cold, to his touch. Then, his hands went to what weighted him on the back. It was a backpack, with arrows, about twenty of them, neatly stored together, a rope, a knife, and other such tools. Strapped against his backpack was a bow. I must have been a hunter, why else would I have a bow? He mumbled, followed by a low echo of a distorted version of his own voice: hunting, it provides the best cover. It sent shivers down his spine and caused him to shake. He looked over his shoulder at the two women and as he turned to face them, light caught his eye, and instead went to the light. All around him, rays of light were going up, hitting the trunks of trees, the leaves above, the moss bellow. It was like a light show. He approached the closest source of light he could find, bent down and picked up what was a piece of glass that seemed to be refracting the light from the sun all around them. It too felt cool, but in a different way than the dagger at his side. He held the piece of crystal against his face, to see just who he was. What he saw was a sullen white face, with cream white hair, and sad brown-red eyes. Suddenly, he felt a sharp pain in the hand that held the crystal, and saw the crystal taint red as blood dripped down his hand slowly. His eyes focused first on the blood on his hand and then on the glass once again to take a second look at his face, for what seemed to be like the second time in his life and saw his white hair tainted blood red in the reflection.

Lanfaer

I Tortured Sleep I

Lily Platypus

Rexnov

Alien Abductee

1,350 Points
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Hygienic 200
  • Gaian 50

Jenni Deer

Dangerous Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:40 pm
User Image
[ Hakanai Yuki ]
✦ ✦
Never have I dealt anything more
difficult than my own broken soul and mind.

Hakanai; Chakra: 100/100 Stamina: 100/100

[Once upon a time... ]

"Please... be careful." A soft feminine voice spoke out. Hakanai smiled gently as she turned to face the most beautiful woman she had ever laid her eyes on. Of course, she could be biased. Hakanai approached the woman and cupped her face into her hands. "You know I always am. I always want to come back home. I'll be careful." Her voice was gentle as she brushed her wife's hair behind her ear. "This is your first mission without-" Her wife stopped. Too worried to say his name so soon around Hakanai. Hakanai shook her head. "Shukenja lived an amazing life full of adventure and love... I'm glad he went the way he went. Remember. I have his daughter with me. We are not as imprinted yet, but she's a good companion. I'll return home, love." Hakanai said gently as she kissed her wife on the lips and walked out of the room, to meet two young boys. "Be good to momma boys, I'll be back!" "Okay mom!" They shouted gleefully as she gave them a kiss on the forehead and waved them good bye as she went down towards the gates with a beautiful massive snow leopard beside her, that had some hints of lion but not as much. "Come on girl. Let's get this over with." Hakanai muttered underneath her breath as the oversized snow leopard growled in agreement with Hakanai as they went off into the night...

[ No Happy Endings... ]

'I can't move... I want to move.. but I feel so... drained...' Hakanai mentally groaned softly and suddenly a burst of air hit her hard. She was not prepared as she gasped and landed onto something soft. Her nose burnt with the smell of strong moss. With a groan, she repositioned back into an alternative downward dog with her butt close to the ground as possible. She felt something underneath her move as she jerked upright in surprise and had to blink few times to get rid of that stupid clear gel over her eyes that was making her hard to see. She heard a voice, her head snapped towards the male as she rubbed her eyes some more. "What the hell..." She mumbled in confusion. "Kaiyko?" She called out to her new friend snow leopard. Daughter of Shukenja. And then, "Reika..?" Her wife's name. No response. What... What was going on? Finally taking the chance to look at her surroundings, her eyes rested on Sonyo as she gasped in surprise. Immediately, the tanned teenager crawled towards the female. "S-Sonyo!?" She said, surprised. It was her. She looks exactly how she looked when Hakanai last saw her. But this was impossible! Sonyo was missing for years! She should've aged! Her hands cupped her younger pale cousin's cheek. "Oh gods! You went missing! Are you okay? You haven't aged!" She kissed Sonyo's forehead in concern as she brushes her strands away from her face. Course. The white haired female had no idea that she was in the same age as Sonyo. She can feel something heavy on her back, like a backpack full of stuff but she was ignoring it. Her concern was her pack.

Shukenja; Chakra: ---/--- Stamina: ---/---

Attire: Same as pic.
Out of Caffeine:
Actions:

My world was full of colors and wonder... now it's dead.
User Image User Image User Image

I Tortured Sleep I

Aegon VI Targaryan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:09 pm
User ImageUser Image
                                                Sonyo watched as Hakanai crawled towards her, seeming surprised that she was alive. What did that mean? Of course she was alive, and what was this talk about her going missing? Sonyo flinched away from the physical contact; the old sonyo would have been happy, but this new Sonyo shied away from the forehead kiss like a feral animal. Taking a quick step back from Hakanai to regain her personal space bubble, Sonyo looked her cousin up and down to assess whatever weird situation they were in. "Woah woah woah hold on, missing? What do you mean I went missing? And of course I've aged that would be ridiculous if I-" Sonyo looked down, and somehow she knew that Hakanai was right-- she had been aged in reverse. Sonyo bit her lip, aggravation boiling in her veins. "What the ********! Why do we look like teenagers again!?"

None of this made sense, and her anxiety was threatening to take control of her. She had to take a second, holding up a hand to her cousin as she bent over, hands on her knees, to take a few deep breaths. She felt like she was gonna throw up, or worse even just straight up pass out. The edges of her vision were pushed in by a black wall before retreating after a few moments as Sonyo gained a grip on herself, panting softly. This was bad, this whole situation was terrible, they were all screwed. They were in an unknown land, with no one else, she didn't have medical knowledge or knowledge of any jutsu as a matter of fact.

The first problem was water, they needed water. She had one oilskin on her from whatever mission she went on before she was encased in the crystal. The next problem was food, and with the strangeness of the moss that surrounded them she wasn't sure if they'd even know what was safe to eat. The next was disease and infection-- there were probably diseases and infections she knew nothing about here. Sonyo's eyes trailed to the lighthaired male, who's hand was bleeding, and sonyo let out a hiss between her teeth. "Could you not!? You're gonna get that infected!" Sonyo stormed over, taking Axel's hand in hers to look at the wound, the look on her face was that of anxiety and irritation, a mask she knew well. "I don't have any Eiseijutsu knowledge or supplies and the first thing you go and do is cut yourself. Do you know how bad this is? Do you know how bad cutting yourself on an unknown object with no antibiotics or anyway to safely disinfect said wound anywhere near us is? Goddammit goddammit goddammit..."

▬ ▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
                                                > Chakra : : 100 / / 100 x > Stamina : : 100 / / 100 x > AC : : 0 x > Ryo : : 000 xxx

Lily Playtpus
                                                Aegon VI Targaryan
                                                Lanfaer
                                                Quote:
                                                Quote:

Koresephone
Crew

Winter Specter

22,900 Points
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Battery 500

Rexnov

Alien Abductee

1,350 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:32 pm
[The Present]

The voice of the two women was nagging on the background, like the faint sound of a squirrel running along the roof of a building near you. You could barely hear it, but you knew it was there, it brought you to their attention for one or two seconds, enough to warrant an acknowledgement of their existence, and then, as if nothing had happened, you went back to whatever it was you were doing. His eyes remained locked on the crystal, until his hand was suddenly jerked from him by another hand. It was soft, snow white as his own. The sensation was strange. His brown-red eyes moved from the falling crystal to the eyes of the woman who had taken his hand from him. Her hand was soft. Very soft. She was complaining to him about getting cut, it was not like he could have stopped it from happening. Well, he could have, she was right, he didn’t know why he did that. He did know why he did that. The crystals were reflecting light, they were mirroresque, he saw his face for what was the first time in forever. A small cut was a fair price to pay, he wagered. “You’re right.” He said coarsely, his voice rasped. He hadn’t spoken in some time. Axel cleared his throat and spoke again. “I… I had to see myself.” Was all he said, quickly retreating his hand from Sonyo’s, pressing it against his face, the cut resting against his lips. Droplets of blood trailed as he bent down to pick up the crystal, gently this time, to avoid getting cut. He examined it, the edges, it seemed sharp enough to cleanly slice someone’s neck.

Why would I think of doing that? He asked himself. Surely, slicing an animal’s neck was the standard procedure, to drain it of the blood. Yes. That was it. But why a person? Surely, being in that crystal had messed with his mind, why else would he think of doing that. Maybe it was her, maybe the way she spoke to him made him feel threatened, it was self-defense, yes… No. He knew that was a lie. He didn’t feel threatened by her at all. He mentally chastised himself for this thought, and as he did, his head bobbed from one side to the other, his hands slowly moving as this mental conversation took place. ”Sorry.” He apologized suddenly. “You wouldn’t happen to know my name, would you?” He asked, and then looked across her to see the black woman with the crazy white hair. Looking at her triggered something inside of him. First, it was the quick snapshot of a comely girl with hair as white as hers, her cold hand resting against his face, butterflies fluttering in his stomach, but her name escaped him too, just as his did. Were they the same woman? It wasn’t completely out of the question, whatever happened, it had messed with his mind, it was possible that the same process that jacked up his memories had increased the melanin levels in this woman’s skin. The second thing he saw was snow on the ground, stained red, a cat on the ground, with a sword stabbed on its head. His sword, he knew, because the pain he felt was unmistakable. I cared about this creature. He thought, as his hands began to shake, his breathing and heart rate increased, but just as fast as this episode began, it ended, with a clenched fist and a deep breath. Whoever this white-haired woman was she caused him pain. All he felt when he focused on her, even for a brief moment was pain. Suddenly, he was angry. Very angry. He wanted nothing to do with her, he didn’t even want to look at her. Axel averted his eyes, looking down to his bloodied hand, and the crystal that rested in it, intently looking at his own person reflected on it. Without a second thought, he stuffed it in his pocket, turned his back on Sonyo, and more importantly, the other woman, and took a step toward where the larger crystal he had come from was.

Lanfaer

I Tortured Sleep I

Lily Platypus

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 10:34 am
User Image
[ Hakanai Yuki ]
✦ ✦

Hakanai was slightly shocked and hurt at Sonyo pulled away. This... was not like her. Was she really Sonyo? With a deep sigh, Hakanai got up herself and groaned at her sore muscles. Why did everything hurt a bit? It was as if she was in bed too long and her muscles wasn't getting the work it needed. Hakanai looked at Sonyo as she doesn't seem to acknowledge that she went missing. And then argued with her about aging. "Wait, we..?" Hakanai whispered, barely audible. She looked down at herself and confusion rose. The white haired woman squeezed her own blossoming bosoms in confusion. This .. was not the size she had before she left on that mission! What happened...? Teenagers. ********. Her hand went through her silky white thick mane as she tried to calm herself. She needed to be calm. Her cousin was cussing, which was not normal and from the sounds of it, the guy had gone and cut himself. Yet, her head turned towards him as she looked at him in concern and sorrow; he couldn't recall his own name and asked them what his name was. "I... I don't know." She replied as she sighed and her slender fingers touched the necklace as she felt the vial where Lilja's fur was and Shukenja's fang resting by it. She used it to help her stay focused and calm when she starts to get riled up. Her hand then slid to her shoulder as she grabbed the backback strap and sets the backpack she had with her down and started to look through it. Holy ********. Why does she need this many rope...? With a frown on her lips, she glanced around at the location they are in. Sonyo started to rant about not knowing her Eiseijutsu techs as she felt a sudden sting at the side of her head, where the base of her ear was. Her hand went up and rubs it slightly. "Okay. It's... obvious the three of us don't know what's going on. I think we should stick together for now. Once we agreed it's safe to, we can go on our own ways." She put everything back in her bag. She had water. That was good. She could share with the others for a bit. They could survive on water longer than food. "We should stick together for now..." Zipped up her bag, she grabbed the axe and stood up. "I think I will chop some wood so we should be able to make a fire..The strong smell of moss and the feel of this humidity means where we are, it's a moist place. That also have a lot of bugs. Fire keeps them away for a bit. But fire can also signal where we are, so I'll let you two vote if we should make a fire or not. I don't know about this place... I do think we need to rest before travelling on a direction that we can agree on to hopefully find answers." The calm icy jewels glanced towards her younger... well now, same age cousin and the male for their responses and to see if they agreed to stick together for now. Huh. Her being a mother and Captain of Onin really helped her in this situation, but thinking about her boys and her wife, her heart twisted in sadness. She put that aside. They could be alive, all this, could just be some weird.. result of... whatever the hell it is.

Out of Caffeine:
Actions:

I Tortured Sleep I

Aegon VI Targaryan

Jenni Deer

Dangerous Lunatic

Lanfaer
Captain

Aged Genius

8,075 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:12 pm

→→ The world, for the second time that day, fell silent and still. For the survivors, the Wakers, they might now notice the change. The moss where the blood had spilled lapped at the blood, tasting something that none had dared for...well, forever. And yet that was the worst part. For when the moss tasted it everything grew still as the green, loamy material slowly took on a crimson cast, its insides filled with heat that spread further, and further, seeping out much as a pool of liquid might. It spread until it reached the trees, where it stopped, almost pensively, while the rest continue this haunting, bloody glow.
→→ What the trio would not see was that this moss's roots went deep, and it sunk beneath them, deep into the water below, deep into the mud and muck, past buried bodies and lost, forgotten cities. Past slumbering giants and mysterious beings of light and dark, until it reached a depth that nothing else ever had.
→→And something stirred.
→→ The skies above darkened, though they would not see it. Instead, what they would hear is the baying and howling as every predator under the grace of the sun and moon would pay homage to the darkness that woke. A hunger, deep within the earth, that turned its eyes upwards to that delicious morsel, and it knew itself. It knew hunger. It knew the thrill of the hunt.
→→ The blood red glow continued for several moments as the clouds above turned crimson and black, racing across the sky and mingling with the howls until, at last, there was silence. The glow receded, and the sky grew to its brilliance once more. Free, for the moment, of its horrible presence.

Aegon VI Targaryan

I Tortured Sleep I

Lily Platypus

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 8:56 pm
User ImageUser Image
                                                As the ex-jinchuriki watched the lighthaired male in front of her first argue with himself mentally, then almost have a panic attack before walking off, worry filled her eyes. Holy hell, she thought, this poor b*****d's crazy. She started sounding off in her head the different types of mental illnesses that could cause these wild moodswings and other symptoms before she was distracted by Hakanai. Finally, someone other than her was thinking about survival. The dillemma was a good one, fire could scare away weaker and more feral predators-- the less intelligent you are the more you had a chance of being terrified of fire. But more intelligent predators could see it as a beacon through the dark grotto, a big neon sign saying "hey there's someone here that you can eat." Smoke keeps away bugs, bugs mean bacteria and viruses and parasites, which meant less chances of survival. Sonyo rubbed her face, thinking, but it was interrupted by a chorus of howls and caterwauls that sent the hair on the back of her neck straight up. There were things out there, waiting to hurt them, waiting to kill them. Sonyo's eyes grew wide, looking down and realizing the moss turned blood red.

"Oh hell no. I agree with you, Haka. We should stay together, but we are not staying here. Red means bad, and the moss is red. Let's be smart and go away from the red moss." Sonyo moved towards the treeline, grabbing axel by a tuff of fur on his coat and snatching up her stuff. "I don't know why you're angry at my cousin, but that has no place here. For all we know, we are the last people alive in the entire world. You know what happens when the last people alive in the entire world split up? Bad s**t. So how about we stay together for now, kay?" She had hope for the guy, he was decently armed and armored, and though he didn't remember anything it was possible that he could relearn. She knew Hakanai could probably hunt, but she wasn't good at it. She was more of a forging and farming person. "As for your name... hm. I don't remember ever meeting you, but names are important. They give us what we are.. Names have power. So how about... Kariudo? It's japanese for huntsman. You look like a hunter." Sonyo got a bad feeling as the crimson color receded, turning the moss again to that lovely blue-green that reminded her of Theo. "We'll make a fire once we get to a new area, but right now I want to get the hell out of here."

▬ ▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Lily Playtpus
                                                Aegon VI Targaryan
                                                Lanfaer
                                                Quote:
                                                Quote:

Koresephone
Crew

Winter Specter

22,900 Points
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Battery 500

Rexnov

Alien Abductee

1,350 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 9:50 pm
[The Present]

Her voice echoed through his brain, not the one he was talking to, the other one, saying that they should stay there. He was about to agree, but then the howling began. A wave of fear took over his body, his left hand shot for his bow, his right felt for an arrow in his backpack, notched and drew his bow. He stood still, scanning the perimeter for anything to approach, spinning around with knees bent. Axel was tense for the entire time, and even a couple of seconds after it all stopped. He swallowed, straightened his knees, but never put away his weapon. “I’m not mad at the Kioku-sha. Looking at her causes pain. Images flow into my mind. Painful images.” He stopped talking and turned to Sonyo. “I agree with you, lets get the hell out of here.” He paused once again and stole a glance at Hakanai and quickly let go of his arrow to place his right hand on the bridge of his nose. This time, he saw the redhead boy, kneeling at the edge of a canyon, a man behind him holding a knife to his neck. Around him where two other figures, another boy, a few years younger than the redhead, he two had. He had swords, just like the redhead did, and he had a headband with two clouds. Kumogakure He thought. That was what the clouds meant. Behind the two of them was a lion, and just then, it got its throat slit.

Axel then gasped and held his breath. “Shu… no…” He said. Shu. That was the lion’s name. That had been the first thing he was able to remember since he came out of those crystals. How did he know the lion. That he didn’t know. He wondered if he made it, it was the first thing he wondered, and then, why did he feel a pit in his stomach. Was this how it felt like to see your friend die? He assumed it was. Who was that lion? The thought crawled back, but this time, he fought it back. “Kariudo… That has a nice ring to it.” He said first, looking down at the arrow he dropped. “A hunter.” He said, turning back to look at Sonyo. It’s the best cover, his voice echoed once more. “Sounds about right.” Kariudo bent down, grabbed the arrow he dropped. Clearing his throat, he finally said. “I originally was going to agree with the Kioku-sha, but after hearing that, I agree with her. Lets get the hell out of here.” He didn’t give the Kioku-sha a chance to say no, and began walking toward the tree line with an arrow knocked and drawn, ready to fly though the air and kill anything that he deemed even vaguely threatening.

Lanfaer

I Tortured Sleep I

Lily Platypus

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:24 am
User Image
[ Hakanai Yuki ]
✦ ✦

Hakanai's head snapped down towards the ground as it glowed red. Her teeth gritted tightly as her jaw was tight. What the hell was going on? The white haired woman heard Sonyo telling the male that she has no idea why he was angry at her. Hakanai mentally shrugged to herself. If he wanted to stay angry, let him. She wasn't in the mood to baby anyone. Until, he called her Kioku-sha. Her face went from annoyance to confusion. What?
She was causing him pain? That meant that they do know each other. Usually when one loses a memory, it can be slowly regained when they stay with people or places that they are familiar with. The male does seem familiar to her but she doesn't understand to why or how. He took one look at her and it seemed that it brought another flashback. She growled at her throat. No. Wait. Did she just growl? No. It took so long for her to control her anger and temper. She was NOT going to resort back to what she was. That was, until she heard Shu's name. Her head snapped up. "What did you just say?" She questioned. Did she even know him? He sure as hell knew Shukenja. Then again, maybe someone else had a name whose nickname was Shu too. She can't jump into nets so she decided to be gentle as she can be about this. "I mean, who was Shu? Maybe if you talk about your memories, we can figure out who you are, Kariudo." She let Sonyo be in the middle of the line. Apparently, Kariduo suddenly wanted to lead so fine. She lets him have it. When Sonyo starts to follow him, Hakanai will be trailing behind as she was listening to the forest for any other odd sounds. The howling was enough. Here's hoping they weren't hear it again.

Out of Caffeine:
Actions:

I Tortured Sleep I

Aegon VI Targaryan

Lanfaer

Jenni Deer

Dangerous Lunatic

Lanfaer
Captain

Aged Genius

8,075 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 11:52 am

→→ The group approached the forested edge of the area only to find something...strange. The plants there seemed to be close together, too close, with the moss around them glowing faintly at their approach. The space between the branches and wood were small, so small that only a child or critter could climb through, though even then it would be with difficulty. The moss glowed a greener color here, and it was lovingly caressing the base of the trees and plants almost as a mother would their child.
→→ What the group may or may not notice was that at their approach all insect noises silenced on that side of the clearing, as if a knife had been brought down to cleave it so. There was quiet, and no movement, though another small thing to notice would be that the moss under their feet glowed the same green color as the moss around the plants.
→→

Aegon VI Targaryan

I Tortured Sleep I

Lily Platypus

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 4:47 pm
User ImageUser Image
                                                Sonyo followed just behind Axel, before taking over the lead once they got to what she assumed used to be a treeline. The female squished her cheeks together with both hands, a confused look spreading across her features-- there had to be a way out, there had to be. And why was the moss changing colors here too? Could it be that it was feeding off the trees and the nature surrounding it? She knew nothing about these plants, nothing about any of this, and she didn't want to chance attacking the moss in fear of some sort of retaliation. Sonyo began mumbling to herself, reaching out to touch and feel around the moss for some sort of weakness that she could perhaps push aside. "There has to be a way out, there has to be... Some way of getting through here without hurting it... I don't wanna hurt it..." Sonyo's expression had changed from confusion to slight aggravation and worry, her fingers carefully caressing the moss, putting pressure but not enough to really do damage. "It seems intelligent, not sentient, but not stupid... C'mon moss, why are you so weird. Tell me your secrets, how can we get passed you...?" Her voice had lowered even further from a mumble to a breathy whisper. Sonyo still identified as an Evergreen follower, a child of nature; hurting the plants for no reason would be a grievous sin to her. "Please give me something to work with here moss..." She continued to whisper, "Please don't make me force my way through." Bits of the old Sonyo began to show through, the Sonyo Hakanai would recognize, the lover of nature.

▬ ▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Lily Playtpus
                                                Aegon VI Targaryan
                                                Lanfaer
                                                Quote:
                                                Quote:

Koresephone
Crew

Winter Specter

22,900 Points
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Battery 500

Jenni Deer

Dangerous Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 5:44 am
User Image
[ Hakanai Yuki ]
✦ ✦

Hakanai was slightly annoyed as she glared at the moss as if it would move out of the way just by that glare alone. She glanced left and right, to see how far it goes but it was hard to tell, they were, in a frickin jungle. Hakanai pondered for a moment and decided to ignore the white haired male, she can pester him for questions later, right now, survival was more important especially after that howl. Wait. s**t. They should've got some crystal pieces, they would've made good weapons especially since the man had bled from a piece. The tanned female got an idea and was about to speak, but it seemed that Sonyo had beaten her to it. She's gently pushing the moss away and even trying to talk to it. Hakanai sighed softly as she decided to stay quiet. Who knows. Maybe they will actually make way if they asked nicely. For the time being, she left Sonyo alone. She was finally her old self... somewhat. Yet, Hakanai was within arm's reach of Sonyo in case she needed to yank her out or pull her out of the way immediately.

Out of Caffeine:
Actions:

I Tortured Sleep I

Lanfaer

________Internal Region ► Fair Feathered Democracy Region

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out