BlackFruity

Vice Captain

Lucky Loiterer

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 3:13 am
User Image

[澤]____H e a r t____o f____M u d____[澤]
B r o k e n_____E g g s

| : | A r e a ... D e s c r i p t i o n | : |
____ The very center of the Land of Mud has been excavated and clawed into by something massive. The sides of this animal-made canyon are sheared - mud scrapped away and revealing stone that bears the claws marks of the mountainous beast that now lays deceased down below. In the center of the pit lay the bleached bones of said monster, and inside its frame is a huge cluster of broken egg shells. The sight of only a few small remains indicates that most of the nest has survived, most likely roaming the Land of Mud. The destruction had been so great that the trees and foliage growing along the rim of the crater have only just began to grow down claim the sides of the pit.

| : | K n o w nD e f e n s e s // D a n g e r s | : |
____ • ???

| : | U n k n o w n D e f e n s e s // D a n g e r s | : |
____ • ???

| : | R u l e s | : |
____ • It takes Seven [ 7 ] posts to climb down the cliff face to reach the bottom of the massive pit. This may be cut down by movement modifiers/jutsu.

| : | I t e m s| : |
____ • Weathered Bone :
____ • Hardened Shell Fragments :
____ • Serrated Teeth :

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 9:54 am
User Image
Power gives freedom from control and the pen of destiny to the author.
Power begets freedom, and I shall be the freest of them all.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

C U R S E D B E G O T T E N M A N I P U L A T O R xxxxx H e s r i k U r u k s a b r i l xxxxx M I Z U K A G E S A G E H A R V E S T E R

→→
[A]mong the scattered bones and rent mud the heart of the country was calm, quiet, and still. Little lived in this part of the land, whether out of respect for the titanic bone structure or the colossus that it once was remained difficult to tell. Insects crawled around within the dirt, and the mud itself seemed to be a unique black substance similar in texture to tar, though without the nasty side effects. It coated everything from the bones to the chrysalises scattered about the clearing, including the trees above and the life that grew tentatively at the rim, but no more. Whatever it was that gave this unique substance its texture seemed to come from this pit in the earth, and likely had something to do with the history of the titan at its core.
→→Quiet whispers filled the hollow as something moved within a nearby wall, the north facing corner of the rent in the earth's face quivering as something moved within. Mud caked from time and pressure struggled to remain, stubbornly refusing to give ground, until something else persuaded it: a pulse. Every chrysalis shuddered with the passing of the pulse, quaking where they lay and causing the hardened mud to form cracks that spidered rapidly with each shift in movement. The walls hummed with it, the bones reverberating and casting the sound back a hundred fold, causing critters and insects to abandon their homes within the structure out of fright and confusion. The echoing cry of someone screaming could be heard upon the wind, a howl of rage beyond imagining harmonizing with the quivering of the bones as the sound passed over them. The sound grew at an ever increasing scale, higher and higher until the unmistakable voice of a male could be made out.
→→And finally, the wall that started it all erupted outwards, spraying chips of mud and stone and crystal everywhere. As the debris cascaded upon the scenery a male dressed in grey, dark robes stepped forth on legs quivering and unsteady to fall to his knees little further away. The roaring from his lungs turned pained as something dark welled against his flesh, twisting it, making it bulge in obscene ways until he reached up, undid the clasps that held his thin plate upon his chest and let it fall away [1]. Instantly black streams erupted from his chest, making him scream in agony as they reached out, questing, searching for everything, anything to eat, to devour, and finding nothing. He screamed, and grabbed a hold of their lengths and snarling as they fought against his stern grip [2]. A breathy voice, low and hoarse, snarled at them between inhalations. "You are mine, parasite! You will obey!" [3] Struggling to breathe evenly against the pain, he gripped the thin, strand-like tendrils and hauled on them, bringing them closer with every yank. They struggled against him, fighting with all they had to continue questing for something. With a final yank and cry they surrendered, reversing course and thudding into his chest with a screech of their own [4].
→→The man dropped to the ground, shoved backwards by the force of their return, and there he lay as his chest convulsed and the flesh reknit itself around the holes they had left. Heaving with each breath his milky eyes scanned about, searching, appraising all that he could see. The skies above were clouded, dark gray with a promise of rain to come, while the earth around them spoke of constant water presence, for the mud had not been ground to dust. Even as he fought down the pain, teeth bared in a snarl of agony, he assessed the situation he found himself in. His parasite was demanding food, writhing inside of him, refusing to form the organs and muscle structures he needed to survive. Above the sky threatened to pour unbridled fury upon an enormous pit where mud awaited moisture before it would return to its primarily sticky shape. Nearby, his scythe lay upon the earth caked in a thin armor of dust and dried mud, while his breastplate had fallen to the side, though it appeared relatively unharmed by the environment.
→→Sighing as the tendrils continued to struggle the male sat up, his hood falling back to expose the fish-belly colored hair that dangled to his shoulders in a tousled mess. Pain continued to course through him as his insides fought to rearrange themselves in knots just to piss him off. "Enough, creature," came another rebuke, the voice less breathy but no less hoarse [5]. "Feeding on me will do you no good when you know nothing of the world in which you have awakened!" There came a twist within him, one he knew well that meant it was listening. For the moment the pain abated but it would be only a short reprieve unless he could convince it [6]. "This world, can you feel it? It is not as we once knew it. We should be dead, creature! [7] The chakra that flows here, the moisture, the changes? Can you feel it, taste it in the air?" There was silence from within for several moments as the being considered before that same sensation came, and he knew: it understood [8].
→→Taking a deep breath, he continued as he leaned forward and fought to stand, his expression pained more from lack of movement than from his insides rebelling. "I will feed you,
for your life grants me mine. But you must be patient, parasite [9]. Fighting me now will only kill us both that much sooner, and I'd much rather prefer to avoid that."
Again, that nod, but this time he knew it would obey. Sense it had in spades, but its hunger overrode much of its sense with overwhelming instinct. But, for now, the struggle was over [10].
→→Taking a deep breath once more the figure looked around for anything familiar and found himself wanting. Sighing he leaned down, taking the plate in hand and returning it to his chest to hide the tear in the fabric there, where he'd ripped the heart from its original owner. He'd need to fix it at some point, but that had been the same narrative for going on fifty years now. There was little chance of it changing. Still, he cast his gaze about at the other crystals, knowing that they, too, must awaken as he had. The Plague...the memories were there, he could feel them, though details were...fuzzy. Why? Why did he feel as if something were missing? Sighing, he turned to look up when there came a crack and shatter as two other chrysalises erupted, and two more awakened. Instantly his parasite argued there would be food, but he stilled them with a thought. No, best not to harvest these beings, at least not unless they knew him.

With power, there is always a price.

Techniques Used:

Current Objectives:
✤ Discover where I am, and what year it is. How long have we slept?

Items of Note:
✤ Control of tendrils established.

Neryem
NecroPlant

[ e x p ] 0000 x|x [ r y o ] 0000 x|x [ c h a k r a ] 115 / 115 x|x [ s t a m i n a ] 100 / 100

[ m o o d ] ??? x|x [ h e a l t h ] Weakened x|x [ i n j u r i e s ] None x|x [ c o n t r o l ] Established

Lanfaer
Captain

Aged Genius

8,075 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Hygienic 200

NecroPlant

Trash Gardener

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 11:38 am
User ImageUser Image
Death doesnt discriminate
Between the sinners
And the saints

It takes, and it takes, and it takes

As the relics of the past were opening its contents, the one in particular would have shattered and from it would emerge not a man nor a woman but a bulb. A bulb not unlike those found from a flower about to sprout creating a distinctive splorch as it hit the ground. The contents inside kept safe from the outside, an extra layer of preservation from a time to some would have been considered short by comparison. The bulb had yet to open as if waiting for something to cause a reaction. An external force of some sort. To go through the effort of crystallizing this bulb must have meant that something or rather 'someone' may have been inside. Of course the assumption that maybe whomever started all this was kind enough to leave the awakening a source of food was also a theory. Albeit likely a stretch as it began to move.

Then what could be the sound of loud echoes inside the bulb like muffled screaming shaking the outer layers of the plant implying whatever was inside had awakened and was likely a living being. From within the depths of the vegetation the muffled scream of what could be "SHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMAN! SHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!" The scream was not a panicked one it was clear that is was once laced with anger and irritation. Towards whom was probably a shaman if the words meant anything from whomever was inside. "Hngyaaaaaaaa!'

Another splortch as the green of the chlorophyll emulating blood squirted out of a freshly made hole, jutting from it a stalk of bamboo with its tip sharpened. From this hole the scent of...banana's started to come out. What seemed to be another firm shake of the bulb a sign of another physical attempt to break free. Then another angered grunt of frustration as another hole was made with the same implement as before. Then two holes became three then four then five until finally the structural integrity gave way finally the peel of an onion.

Emerging from the bulb a light skin dark skinned man emerged. Only seeing the man in front of him for now he'd shake his head only to actually get the grip of his surroundings. There was no clear waters here, this was no island, only dark fetid terrain. Then came the thoughts after primal instinctual anger. Where was he did not concern him...as he tried to remember his name first...the scent of banana's still permeated around him...and the only thought that left an impression...Baranara...was this his name? It would do. Immediately after however, he would now affix his attentions to the first to awaken and the second if they had. He would point with his bamboo spear and what came out of his mouth would not be common language.

"Halka uu yahay madaxa shaman banaan!" He was asking where was the Chief and Shaman in his native tongue. In short though it almost sounded aggressive and the pointing of his spear probably did no favors for friendly interpretation. The only word even sounding remotely familiar would likely be shaman. Unless of course for some reason these individuals could speak a derivative akin to somalian.

And we keep loving anyway,
We laugh and we cry,
And we break,

And if theres a reason Im still alive
When everyone who loves me has died
Im willing to wait for it,
Im willing to wait for it!

🌿Stat Template To Be Added🌿  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 4:08 pm
User Image

C U R S E D B E G O T T E N M A N I P U L A T O R xxxxx H e s r i k U r u k s a b r i l xxxxx M I Z U K A G E S A G E H A R V E S T E R

→→
plintering of glass and stone brought his attention from more personal matters to another chrysalis nearby, where something green...and...leafy emerged from the internal structure of the crystal. The scent that came with it...it was sickly, and yet familiar, but he did not know exactly what to call it. Instead he raised a hand to the mask he wore over the lower portion of his face, his palm pressed forcefully against his nose to stifle its only entry point that mattered, and even then it burned. Falling back as something struck the inside of the apparatus he moved behind a nearby femur bone for cover, which, thanks to its gargantuan size, meant it covered him completely. With one eye trained upon the structure he instructed his insides to ready themselves and he felt, more than saw, the black tops rope out behind his breast plate with silent grace. Eyes upon the leafy structure as another dull thud reported from the inside he waited, listening, judging. No, a new world, a new place, would not catch him unawares. Not if it could be helped, anyway.
→→Another thud and there came something else. Something more...muffled? A lurch from within him, the hiss of dead lives swept over sand, and he knew the parasite has heard it too. Painful rumbling issued forth from within his body as the parasite wriggled around within his flesh. 'Strange that I still feel pain after all these years,' he considered wistfully. 'I feel this, but not hunger nor suffocation.' It was reacting in hunger, for the thing within him craved blood and meat, but also the screams that inevitably followed fresh prey. Misery, agony, vitality, these sustained it, and after so long and with so few other options the screams from within riled them up to the point that mental restraint might not be enough to control them. Taking a deep breath and readying for another fight, one that might well end with even more pain, he was instead surprised to hear the sounds of something tearing as a hand punched through the leafy material, one that was very much alive. This froze him for more than one reason, as the skin, tanned from far too much sun, grasped at the air for assistance. The first was that he had not been there to witness his own awakening, and the second, well...
→→Was the overwhelming scent!
→→The brother to the first came up to his face to hold at bay that sickly sweet, cloying scent that was unmistakable for the tropical monstrosity that others called "bananas". Inside the creature rebelled, sucking into the wound and recoiling as far from the scent as was possible within his frame. Grunting from that little exercise, he grunted and stepped back before freeing one hand long enough to grab the scythe that had remained standing to steady himself on his feet. A grunt, and no more, his pale eyes focused upon the strange figure as he extracted himself from the horrid death trap. A spear was leveled at him, however, and with it what was clearly a command from one who was used to being listened to was issued in a language he simply did not know. Stepping back as if frightened, though he was anything but, his eyes widened as he recoiled another step in 'fear'. An act, but one that was necessary until he knew for sure what this man intended. "Who are you? What did you say?"
→→
→→
→→
→→
→→

Techniques Used:

Current Objectives:

Items of Note:

Neryem
NecroPlant

[ e x p ] 0000 x|x [ r y o ] 0000 x|x [ c h a k r a ] 115 / 115 x|x [ s t a m i n a ] 100 / 100

[ m o o d ] Confused x|x [ h e a l t h ] Weakened x|x [ i n j u r i e s ] None x|x [ c o n t r o l ] Established

Lanfaer
Captain

Aged Genius

8,075 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Hygienic 200

NecroPlant

Trash Gardener

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 5:36 pm
User ImageUser Image
Between the sinners
And the saints

The trader's tongue Baranara called it. The way the man spoke only confirmed the already laden assumption he wasn't in Kansas anymore. Simply speaking was enough to answer his question. Hesrick did not speak the same tongue as him, there would be no way he could divulge the location of the chief and shaman of his tribe as it was clear someone who could not speak the language would have no knowledge of its culture. Of course one of the two people he was searching for was already there. He simply just couldn't remember said title. Baranara would sheathe his spear firmly affixing it once more to his back. Rather than answer the curious Hesricks question quickly the tribal man turned around and began to dig within the confines of vegetation prison and answered them in a multi-tasking manner.

The bulb now clearly showing signs that it was rapidly dying as Baranara rummaged through it like one would rummage through a closest. He would affix small satchels to his body via the small holes in his loincloth looping the threads like one would loop a belt through belt holes. Without a belt he would make one with his primitive rope made of thatch. Essentially it was the equivalent of a man readying himself for a days or nights hunt or something similar to preparing to forge ahead to forage.

"Name is Baranara Nanabara, he ask if foreign man know where Chief and Shaman are. But it clear that you not know because you foreign man. Baranara not know where he is, or who you are. Baranara not care. Baranara only know he not stay here or he die, and Baranara can't die now without child." Aptly done with his preparations it was clear this tan skinned man was not someone who gave in easily to unfortunate situations, It was also clear he seemed to have an optimistic or maybe 'simplistic' outlook of looking ahead. Something could be said for his spirit as it didn't seem to be one easily broken. If Hesrick could maybe he could feel it, feel that this man was not unlike him in the department of chakra.

Although at the same time he seemed lone wolf like. He approached the sides of the walls which seemed slick with ichor like substance. He'd take a finger slide it against the walls surface and sniff it. He would then look up to see just how deep they were. Suffice to say it was deep. The man crossed his arms clearly thinking about something. But one thing that made it difficult to think was just how cold it was. Baranara would do the same thing to the ground as he did the wall with the ground beneath his feet. Unafraid to get dirty he would first take a slave of the earth and run it across his forearm. If it did not break out or contain foreign insects, he would then proceed to begin covering his body in the earth.

Doing so he'd look up towards Hesrick once more, this may have appeared slightly awkward to watch a man likely covering himself in dirt and muck try and speak with you at the same time."Foreigner must be aware. He die too if we stay in hole for too long. If have ideas you can share with Baranara, if no, it fine Baranara find way himself." Baranara would continue his attempts at further insulating himself so that he may think better awaiting a response if he were to get one. Luckily if the other awakened individual was around, he had yet to notice her.

We laugh and we cry,
And we break,

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 3:05 pm
User Image

--------------------------------A K O T OxxxN A K A H A R A
              ------[≈]▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂[≈]▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂[≈]

------{ C h a k r a : : 410 / 410 } { S t a m i n a : : 170 / 170 } { R a n k : : g e n i n }

From a loud crash, she was born anew into this world. Having been trapped in stasis since times of old, she opened her eyes after years of rest to find her vision blurred, her head pounding. The first thing that was noticeable was that her clothing might have needed some updating. They were much too big for her current frame, but no matter! She would make them work. After tying a knot in the back with the loose pile of clothing on her face, she felt a bit better now that it would be able to not go around nude. Speaking of which, memories were slowly coming back to her. Or one was, anyway. The name Akoto rang through in her mind, although it was honestly the only one that came thus far.

She would turn her attention towards the two people near her. One male half nude and busy fashioning clothing for himself from giant leaves of some kind, and another wrapped in a shroud of darkness. Not exactly the most welcoming meeting she had been a part of. They two talked as Akoto remained her quiet usual self, confused as to how she even came to this horrible world. A chill of cold air washed over her, shaking her a bit more awake as the female would then watch the loinclothed man dig and pour dirt over himself. It seemed like she had woken near two of the more stranger beings.

NecroPlant

Lanfaer

MashaRum

Newbie Bunny

850 Points
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Gaian 50

Lanfaer
Captain

Aged Genius

8,075 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 8:11 pm
User Image

→→
omething was most definitely wrong with this new companion, though just what remained uncertain. His motions, while those of one most definitely out of his element, were concise and well thought out. Practical, even. While not unexpected, the man known as Hesrik still saw this...Baranara fellow for just what he was: a savage. There was no hostility, no animosity nor superiority, only an understand that the two clearly came from different walks of life. Watching at he rooted around within his banana plant, the former Mizukage lowered his hand and listened carefully to the man's words and caught that Japanese was clearly not his primary language. Speaking wasn't necessary as the strange continued his words, for words meant little in a savage. No, actions always spoke louder than words, and every movement this man made told Hesrik a story. Survival was clearly his only concern, not just of himself but of someone else, or even multiple someone's. The latter was proven upon the banana man mentioning that he could not die without a child, meaning he was not only a virgin but someone who saw it as their biological and cultural imperative to pass on his genes and the teachings of his people.
→→In a strange way, Hesrik could respect that.
→→Continuing to watch in relative silence, content to allow Baranara to do and speak as he wished, he considered the big man's words, for ignoring them completely would have been foolish. Survival was an imperative had been established as an immediate goal, and that meant that there was something he was missing. Instead of casting about with his gaze he instead turned to other senses, relying on them, and his knowledge of the wilderness, tell him what his eyes had failed to deliver: there was a storm brewing. He could feel it now, in his bones, on his skin: the pressure changing, the silence and stillness before the nightmare to come. He was right. But worse were the small things, like the complete lack of mammalian noises. Only two things caused animals to go silent: something supernatural, and a predator. Neither were good indicators for a leisurely stroll out of this gods forsaken pit. Focusing back on the subject before him Hesrik had to almost thank the man, and that was something he was not keen on doing so easily, nor with any sort of frequency. It would mean something he wasn't willing to deal with.
→→'Smart,' he marveled internally, trying to surmise the reason for the mud covering and dirt fingering Baranara seemed so intent on doing. If he was right, the savage was masking his scent from predators that might have been in the area, much the same as prey would commonly do in the wild to make detection more difficult. Thinking back upon it for a moment, knowing there were many jutsu within his repertoire to call upon that could such things better, his smugness was brought to an abrupt halt at the realization of his memory. It was gone. All of it. Gone. Eyes widening, the whites far more noticeable, it took everything Hesrik had to not murder both Baranara and the new girl then and there.
→→'Weakness...'
→→The phrase skittered about his skull with legs of dread and despair. Centuries he'd lived, and one single moment of carelessness had cost him everything! His jutsu, his power, was now gone from him. Hearts, gone, and with it the knowledge and ability he had worked his way up to earn. Without even having to search there was a part of him that knew the other horrible truth, that the artifacts of his predecessor were gone as well. Gone, lost somewhere in a world that not only feared them but lacked the proper respect and knowledge to handle. Bile welled up in the back of his throat as he considered the hands of the unworthy, the Fateless, touching that which their insignificant existences should never dare to experience, let alone interact directly with.
→→'Calm...'
→→The word, spoken in a different voice, stilled his rapid heart rate, forcing it back to its original rhythm. Calm. Yes. There was no time to fret, no time to lose himself against the parasite within him. No. This was a setback, a major one, but one he would overcome. Baranara might look the part far better than he, but Hesrik also lived by the code of nature: survival of the fittest, the oldest of laws. And he would not fall victim to self doubt.
→→Expression returning to normal the former Mizukage looked towards the girl who had joined them, little more than ten years of age, yet with eyes of those much older. Those eyes were what stopped him, for their wisdom told him something that was, somehow, worse than his lack of ability. This curse, this...Plague had affected many in ways his scientists and medics had never thought of. The surreality of it all bothered him, but he left it for the moment. There was so much at stake.
→→Looking back to Baranara, he hastily selected a name, one few would remember from the days of old, from Madness. "Call me Oragor, Baranara," he breathed, exhaling as one would who had previously felt fear. Not at the man, no, but that was something he didn't need to know. Taking a step forward, utilizing the shaft of his scythe to steady himself as one would who were old and grey, he continued. A rasp at the back of his throat for age, a low tone just loud enough that silence would be needed to hear him properly, and he sounded just as he intended as an old man or decrepit young person who would need aid for anything physical. Better to stroke the man's ego while he could, to test the waters. "In my experience it feels like a storm approaches, and the silence, well...we could be surrounded." Casting his gaze upwards and squinting as if it actually mattered, he continued. "From the height we would need to travel for fifteen or so minutes before escaping, if we follow the ramp here."
→→At this he gestured to a thin pathway that went upwards in a spiral, allowing one to travel upwards at a stiff incline. The fact it was there at all piqued his curiosity, for it meant someone was here after this beast had made it. Nothing like this existed naturally.

Techniques Used:

Current Objectives:

Items of Note:

Neryem
NecroPlant

[ m o o d ] Confused x|x [ h e a l t h ] Weakened x|x [ i n j u r i e s ] None x|x [ c o n t r o l ] Established

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 3:04 pm
User ImageUser Image
Between the sinners
And the saints

"Barnara does not doubt the foreigner Oregano...hng he mean Oragor. Baranara feel it to. No birds caw, no scent of game, air is too still." Baranara's voice said with coarseness to his voice. The feeling Hesrick felt was mutual within the man, to a hunter quiet or rather 'too' quiet was indeed a bad sign. Having successfully caked himself with mud to keep himself warmer and at the same time dampen his scent he proceeded to make final preparations. He made a thatch rope sling so that he may attach the large sack he had in his possession to his back as one would a backpack. Having one's hands tied by carrying it would prove disadvantageous if a criminal were indeed around.

Baranara with his height looked only up and forward until he eventually made it to Hesrick with crossed arms looking at the incline the man spoke of. "Hmmmmmm this too good to be true..." Baranara now looked to the giant corpse of bone of a creature from the past seeing a collection of egg shells then back to the incline. "Baranara guess hole maybe used for sacrifice. Tribute to beast was criminal, but one criminal too strong, he escape. IF TRUE, THEY WORTHY OF LIVING. Baranara see eggs, eggs mean baby and baby if still alive often return to nest where born, that bad for we. But no time talk now we go, " Baranara would pat Hesrick on the back with an encouraging smile before facing the incline with a serious grimace. "We die, we too weak, if we hurt, we live despite pain, get stronger. Baranara remember shaman old, but he strongest man out all of Baranara's tribe. You are MAN Oragor no can be weak. WE PRESS ON! WE SURVIVE! "

Baranara would then take a step forward only to bump into 'something' He'd then look down to see Akoto finally. Immediately the mans tone shifted as he placed his hand on her shoulder. "Precious one. No safe to stay here. Baranara remember he have many wife but they all die before give birth. You too young now, but Baranara make sure you live for maybe future mother of Baranara's child. You come with us. Baranara die first before let you die, if Oreganor survive you be his wife in future, be happy family. COME, WE GO."

After botching the pronunciation of Oragor again Baranara began to make his move as he decided to head forward up the incline. Hesrick's expression of weakness in his voice earlier would do nothing to derail Baranara to see if he needed assistance. Baranara had a policy. You strong enough to talk, you strong enough to walk. Baranara's appeal to Hesrick that only the weak would die here would hopefully be enough to get the boys rear in gear. As he began the ascent he made sure to state. "Be wary of ground! Maybe slippery!" As to whether or not his words of 'assurance' made Akoto comfortable enough to actually travel with the other two men would remain a mystery to him.

We laugh and we cry,
And we break,

NecroPlant

Trash Gardener

Lanfaer
Captain

Aged Genius

8,075 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 1:04 pm
User Image

→→
t seemed that this Baranara is the type of man who believes in survival under their own strength, a mentality that Hesrik not only lauded, but believed it. None by oneself was necessary to sustain themselves in this world, as was the natural order of things. That he was of the Fated only gave credence to that belief, though whether Baranara held that same distinction remained unknown. From his movements, his words, he was likely of one of the tribes who lived on the varied islands he'd conquered over his tenure as the Mizukage, but there was no true way to know. In those days conquering had been the only means of keeping the collective whole, for chaos reigned as tempers grew short and the desperation that marked his time frame grew out of control. While not exactly happy memories, they were thrilling, but there was no time to revisit them as Baranara sexually assaulted the young woman with his words.
→→ Sighing with some level of contempt crawling in, with a dash of annoyance and the barest hint of disgust, Hesrik shook his head. "I would say no to such a deed, Baranara," he chided. "Not only is the concept impossible, but the intention is an insult to her gender." While quite a large number of adjectives, titles, and phrases may be used to describe him, a child molester and a rapist he most definitely was not, nor did he allow such vile things. The damage that was done was of a pain that even Fate abhorred, as seen time and time again when the transgressors were inflicted with just-deserved maladies. One did not perform a misdeed frowned upon by Fate itself, for it was a quick way to meet one's end at the had of a Fated. Milky eyes bore into the air beside the savage's head, almost as if Hesrik, playing the part of the blind man, could not see him. "Tread lightly upon that path, lest Fate find meaning where, perhaps, you had not intended."
→→ Hefting the scythe in hand hand he gestured up the ramp before bringing it down and, carefully, making his way forward. There was no need to feign the struggle he had going up these steps, for those he was a powerful Ninjutsu based shinobi in his own right the lack of additional hearts had turned the vitality-stealing hunger from his tendrils back upon himself. As such he was a weak, decrepit thing, and this slope would hurt before the end. And so he took it slowly, carefully, lest he hurt himself.
→→ As he progressed, the former Mizukage considered the world around them, and his companions. The girl, silent, had yet to give any indication as to what she felt, nor her goals. On the opposite side of that spectrum, Baranara had proved Hesrik's original assumptions right about his intentions. Breeding, repopulating his people, reestablishing the ways of old. One look at the sky, and the age of the rents in the earth about them, told Hesrik all he needed about potentially how long they'd been gone. Old. These lines had years of mud within them, for the furrows were rounded, eroded, instead of sharp edged as something this monstrous might leave behind for decades. The lack of any footprints on the ground meant little, if anyone, came this way, and the lack of tracks either indicated there had been recent water fall or, worse, nothing came down here. Animal, human, or...anything else, for that matter.
→→ Casting his gaze upwards, raising his masked face to the sky, he inhaled calmly, deeply, and took in the scent of rain. Ozone. Mud. The world was ready for a drenching, and given that same build up of sediment about them it was more than likely that rainfall would set back their travel by hours, if not days, if it didn't simply kill them outright.
→→ Best not to say that, lest the youth nearby take it too keenly to heart.
→→ 'This is not a place I recognize,' he mused, considering the little foliage he found within sight as he hobbled his way, stubbornly, up the ramp. 'I knew these lands better than most, during my feral years. These trees, this stone...it is different, and yet familiar.' Were it not for his instincts about people Hesrik might well have been tempted to utilize his tendrils to test the stone, the mud, and find if it had the same nutrients and composition as those found in Kirigakure no Sato. If it was even marginally close he would be able to tell they were potentially near familiar terrain. Unfortunately, that would have to wait. Few reacted well to his kind, and if for any reason they decided to attack? Well...he supposed killing them wouldn't be impossible, but better to not risk it yet.
→→ Besides, killing children, while not forbidden, wouldn't serve him well here.

Techniques Used:

Current Objectives:

Items of Note:

Neryem
NecroPlant

[ m o o d ] Bemused x|x [ h e a l t h ] Weakened x|x [ i n j u r i e s ] None x|x [ c o n t r o l ] Established

NecroPlant rolled 1 20-sided dice: 17 Total: 17 (1-20)
PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 5:47 pm
User ImageUser Image
Between the sinners
And the saints

"If insult, SHE decide if is or not. She free make her own decision. But nature no wait for decisions sometime, If we only humans alive the decision seem obvious what need be done. Tribe had saying 'You no force your will on nature, nature decide when it force it will on you.' She no have to marry either us. But may be necessary, but SHE decide, do or do not, every people have that choice."

Baranara would impart his tribes primitive wisdom, at least to a degree that he could recall before they reached the top of the cavern in their calculated strides. The saying boiling down to, everyone has a right to their decision making, you cannot force someone to make a decision, but often nature and fate will not allow you to stew on deciding forever. Baranara would take a few glances behind using his peripheral to make sure all were present. Whilst doing so however, he was also on the look out for the following, seeds, fruit bearing plants, and vegetation that seemed durable. Even if the group did succeed in leaving the cavernous pit. Food, shelter, safety. These were the few things necessary for survival.

It wouldn't be long until they exited the pit, whether Baranara's findings were fruitful or not he would immediately seek a tree with his eyes if any were present. Height. If one were to get the lay of the land then they one could find an appropriate place to establish camp. However, hopefully upon emerging from the hole nothing would impair this progress but whose to say.

We laugh and we cry,
And we break,

NecroPlant

Trash Gardener

Lanfaer
Captain

Aged Genius

8,075 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:11 pm
User Image

→→It seemed that the savage had found something useful in the form of a petrified tree. Odd, given such things took thousands of years, and the implications of that alone proved to be too difficult of a concept for the still waking Hesrik. Casting his gaze upon the tree, using his scythe to maneuver properly, the former shinobi was nearly brought to his knees by a round of incredible abdominal pain that coursed through him. As it was he stumbled, bringing one hand to his chest and clawing at the breastblade with spasmodic movements. For those with the medical knowledge it might have looked like a bad case of arthritis, but no. The truth of the matter was that the parasites within him demanded food, and already their patience was thin from desperation. Eyes swiveled to the banana man near at hand, and, carefully, he inhaled the scent of bananas and foliage. Instantly the beast within him quelled, repelled by the scent and the implications tasting him brought to its limited comprehension.
→→'You will stay yourself, parasite,' he hissed angrily, though for the moment it was kept internal. 'As established, my death will mean your's. I will not act out of desperation, as you well know.' To act out of desperation is to act without thought or concern for the consequences that would follow, whether for good or ill. Only once had he done so, and that was the day Hesrik had gained his...passenger.
→→Taking a deep breath, slowing the rapid staccato of his one heart, the Jiongu took seven beats of his heart to inhale, and for seven more he held his breath. Exhaling, counting for seven further beats, he held for another seven, and repeated the process as the breathing meditation he'd learned long ago. Such breathing timed to his heart rate kept the attention upon it and the intention of slowing focused as its goal, thus forcing the body to slow it to match the desired rhythm, that of calm. It was difficult, and only worked because of his ability to focus on his hearts as few others could, given just how important that organ was to his kind.
→→'You're babbling. Control yourself, Hesrik, or die.'
→→Shaking his head, the 'old man' continued on, and found his robe caught on something below him. Looking down the glint of light on steel caught his eyes, and the grey orbs widened as he crouched to get a closer look. It was tinted in a strange, golden color, but otherwise had the sheen of steel; a curious combination to say the least. Reaching out with one gloved hand, the former mizukage touched the steel gingerly, and felt the power within it. Whatever this was...it was powerful, or at the very least utilized chakra for some means. Pressing just a hint of his chakra within it, taking that leap, felt much like twisting a blade within his gut, but it was worth it in the end of it was something...useful.
→→And it was.
→→Odd, that a pauldron in the shape of a bronzed animal skull, bearing horns no less, was so readily found. It made him doubt exactly what had happened here, in this overly grandiose graveyard, and who had made and used the path upon which they walked. Stowing the object within his robes, Hesrik looked up towards Baranara and raised his voice, bringing his lexicon down several notches to communicate better with the savage. "This is only part of the way, Baranara. I can hear the echoes above and around us. Come, let us continue."
→→

Techniques Used:

Current Objectives:

Items of Note:
✤ Discovery of a new armor piece, the abilities of which are unknown, but the material looks to be Chakra Steel.

Neryem
NecroPlant

[ m o o d ] Bemused x|x [ h e a l t h ] Weakened x|x [ i n j u r i e s ] None x|x [ c o n t r o l ] Established

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:42 pm
User Image

→→Traveling uphill with a scythe wasn't the easiest of things to do to begin with, yet adding on thick ropes, little more than decorative armor pieces, and a serious case of rot gut from the millions of tendrils that made up his parasite thrashing from lack of food and the travel became truly nightmarish. A single word of rage issued forth from his lips, but it was a different language, an old language, that wouldn't make sense to anyone but him. Or, at least, he hoped. Murdering wasn't exactly something he was ready to do so soon in an unfamiliar world, but such knowledge would threaten him as little else could. But that was again pushed to the side as the parasite within him writhed as he caught the scent of death and bitterness on the wind. Likely a creature's remains somewhere, a half-eaten carcass that had ended up too close to the edge of the precipice that now stirred the hunger of the beast within. No matter it's origin, it was going to prove to be a hindrance. [1 // 10]
→→Taking a deep breath, closing his eyes and concentrating on the rhythm of his scythe plunking against the unrelenting earth below, the elder continued to clear his mind and reach inwards to the mind that controlled the parasite within him. At first there was silence as he pushed everything away from his consciousness, clearing his mind of distractions. Baranara was nearby, and a single cry from him would bring Hesrik back if necessary [2 // 10]. At first there was nothing, and then...whispering. Voices that came from all directions, a hodgepodge mix of laughter, crying, and a fair share of bitter roars. The collective consciousness of a million dead, stuffed into the confines of his tendrils, all collectively desiring that which gives life meaning and pleasure: pain. This was what Hesrik latched onto, reeled closer in, until the voices surrounded him a hundredfold [3 // 10]
→→'Silence, you chattering magpies,' came the bitter growl of his mind, something that cut through their multitude of voices and screeches like a knife. Instantly their attention was on him, something that, long ago, used to make his stomach turn. Or, rather, would have if he still had one. Now it only reminded him of just how far he'd fallen, how much he'd lost after that b*****d with a large knife decided his Truth was more important than Hesrik's. With all 'eyes' upon him, Hesrik nodded slowly, allowing the steady beat of his feet upon the slope to ground him [4 // 10]. 'You are hungry.' It wasn't a question or supposition but the assertion of fact. 'Our options are slim in a world we do not know. Once, you followed me, knew no hunger nor wanted for anything. That time is over,' he finished, his breath fetid in this place of death and space. Oh how they howled at this, at the memory of what came before, the time where their power was absolute. 'It will be this way again, but only if you surrender. Only if my will is the only will to guide your movements, your actions. If you disobey, death will follow, for both of us' [5 // 10].
→→The words lit a fire under them, that much was certain. There were whispers now, not of emotion but of decision. They did not speak in words so much as raw emotion, instinct and thought warring as a collective to come to a consensus. Those that rebelled were silenced, squashed beneath a psychic assault so powerful and painful that they were remain unable to speak for days to follow. Yet Hesrik watched in silence, drinking in the arguments communicated in the most basic of methods [6 // 10]. Tendrils of a Jiongu are powerful things indeed, versatile in ways others simply did not comprehend. While not a man of physical assault, his Kiss was one of death and corruption, and his tendrils? Despite what they did to him the Parasite was a tool unlike anything else he'd ever been exposed to, and it was due to this he spoke to them as he did now. They must obey, for without them, he, and they, would perish [7 // 10].
→→Outside came a peal of thunder that carried across the sky, lightning it up in a startling display of power. Baranara would know instantly that rain was coming, and with them almost to the top it would become an imperative to find shelter from the storm. Yet even this did not deter Hesrik from his path as he continued his steady pace up the slope, eyes glazed over as internally he awaited the response of the collective. It came quickly after the storm's report, for it meant that soon they, too, would be at its mercy, and without sustenance [8 // 10]. Their attention turned to Hesrik and the sensation came to him, then, of their begrudging response. Over two hundred years previous a pact had been made, one that required their obedience and, in exchange, they would live the life of luxury once Hesrik was in power. It had come to fruition nearly one hundred and fifty years later when Kirigakure no Sato had fallen into civil war and leadership had been missing. With words of strength and conviction, and several graphic examples, the Jiongu has established a control his predecessors would have envied [9 // 10]. That pact hadn't ended, merely been postponed.
→→And now? Now they were in accord once more. The parasite would obey, but in return Hesrik had one week to deliver a heart before they would take control, and they would keep it this time [10 // 10].
→→With that final assertion the former Mizukage was removed from that cold silence to find himself now facing a large forest with rocks strewn about in disarray. Everywhere he looked there were trees, caves, and...wait. Trees? The trees looked different somehow, large with bulbous growths, with leaves closer to lavender with red spots dotting their surface. The wood was strange, too, nothing he'd ever seen before, but perhaps the most telling were the leaves. They look like loops, each leaf tucked back in on itself and attached at the base, almost as a woman would with her hair to train it. Gaze scanning for anything at all familiar, a part of his gut clenched at the realization that no, this place was new. Different.

Techniques Used:

Current Objectives:

Items of Note:
✤ Proficiency Training from E - C with Tendrils, requiring 10 posts to accomplish. Seven of these posts were utilized for the same post requirement to escape the location as well.

Neryem
NecroPlant

Lanfaer
Captain

Aged Genius

8,075 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Hygienic 200

Royal Taorito
Vice Captain

Wrathful Cat

12,925 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 9:58 am
User Image

_______________The Narrator Whispers... ||

A shriek from the sky alerted danger before the creature swooped in for a strike as Hesrik examined the unfamiliar world before him. It was accompanied by other cries, but further away, and moving away. It seemed as if the Jiongu had disturbed something's territory. It turned away just before touching the man instead landing on one of the nearby trees. The four-legged creature looked like some sort of combination of a lizard and a feline, but covered in feathers and displaying large black wings that it held out defensively. A strip of red along its back bristled in an effort to make it look bigger. Perhaps the strangest part of its appearance was the seemingly external skull it sported, dangerous fangs lining its jaws.

The other cries appeared to be younger versions of this creature, but the one before Hesrik stood similar height to a grizzly bear, and just as ferocious. However, it didn't immediately make a move to attack beyond its feint, warning the man instead about entering its territory.

Lanfaer

NecroPlant

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 12:57 am
User ImageUser Image
Between the sinners
And the saints

Baranara left Hesrick to his own devices at least for the time being he only briefly turned to see he seemed to be having a 'moment'. Baranara was a simple man, never one to question things all that much less it proved necessary for survival. Whence they emerged from the depths to the sound of thunders roar. Baranara knew one thing for certain. Should it start raining his body would not be prepared to weather it mud or no mud. Rain was scarce in his homeland perhaps maybe a light shower every now and then. The fierce rainfalls only occurred in the foraging sites of old, the memory coming back to him. 'Move quick or you'll catch death of cold if you do not hasten' That's right. Death was common place in his little village where even the common cold would fell a mighty warrior should they not reach the shaman in time.

Baranara looked to Hesrick, in that moment giving an affirmative nod he was dispersing to seek a cavern for shelter. He would find one nearby though would not tread deep enough to see if it contained inhabitants. But an oddity arose, that oddity a barrel, man made it seemed. Opening it with hopes of finding something he'd find a banana. Oh! Reaching for it he could only admire its deep sleek curvature and like all things in his hands it grew turgid such a find was far too precious to eat from a banana enthusiasts perspective. Likewise a pineapple. Now this, he couldn't care all that much about he would lift it an immediately attempt to bite the fruit suffice to say this ended in a surprise. As he felt like his teeth had just bitten concrete. For a brief moment he swore he heard a voice call him an ..'arrogant fool?' A similar banana would be found and additionally a stick of..bamboo and scrolls. What an odd collection of items someone had left. He'd attach the stick to his back with the rest of his accouterments and toss the rest of his findings in his large sack only to hear a shriek pierce the sky.

Baranara ceasing his searching immediately looked out to see Hesrick confronted by an unknown beast. It was merely a stare down for now but would escalate into something more? Baranara sought to look around his general vicinity, there was only one thing he could recall he knew how to do in combat and to do so would require something somewhat round. However, if worse came to worse he'd come to the mans aid. After all Oregano and the girl who had yet to say a word were the only other human like living beings he's come into contact with so far, and this beast showed there was more than just them alive that was for certain.

We laugh and we cry,
And we break,

NecroPlant

Trash Gardener

Lanfaer
Captain

Aged Genius

8,075 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 8:33 pm
User Image

→→Wind roared in Hesrik's ears as the gusts borne from the creature's downbeat struck him. Where others might have flinched he failed to, for he knew without a doubt that his abilities would serve him well here. Even as it landed, as its young ran for cover, he was plotting even then. It would land, he was certain, in a pose meant for intimidation more than attack or defense. Given its size it could act in either case, but better to scare than risk losing itself when its children needed it. No, maternal instincts would warn it to stick to intimidation and utilize defense only as a means of escape if the aggressor proved too resilient. That could be used to an advantage, of sorts, if the right objects were used.
→→Thankfully, Fate had smiled upon Her most favored, and granted him boons within his possession.
→→Even as the great avian raised its wings and snapped its beak the former Mizukage reached into his robes while maintaining eye contact, moving with slow movements to avoid the creature reacting defensively. Even the most frightened of prey reacted slowly in the presence of a predator, after all. Into the robes he went, pulling forth one burlap sack stained with enough grease to start a gulf fire for a hundred generations and a glass container in the shape of a fat avian-like creature filled with fluffy whiteness. In the top of the glass a hole was in evidence, though for the moment it remained unused as he crouched and placed both upon the ground. Still keeping contact a hand snaked into the sack, withdrawing a large haunch of meat that filled the surrounding area with the scent of freshly cooked meat, Hesrik watched the creature's eyes narrow upon the meat. Mistrust...yes, that could be used. It was to be expected from a creature so large, for such a creature to exist meant it had no predators. For it to not fear men, for it to not flee, meant it did not know what they were.
→→And that was something he could use, too.
→→Taking the large leg of meat the grey man dunked it into the white, fluffy material, something he knew from his past to be called "mashed potatoes". The information came to him, the concept of his plan, even as he completed the maneuver and withdrew the now covered material. Why did he know, though? How? This thing had not been there before, and while he trusted the wiles of Fate Herself never before had she taken such an interest in the likes of his kind so directly. Something else was at play, and whether or not it would prove to be an ally would need to wait for another time. The thrumming beat of his heart could be felt, and where others would hear a simple biological function Hesrik heard slavering mouths screaming for sustenance. His exchange, the deal he had made, required flesh at the earliest time, and now? Now was it. Raising the stick in the air with caution he moved it side to side, ensuring the creature knew what it had its eyes one, before he tossed it underhanded closer to it.
→→Now came the important part. Nothing this big survived long without some sort of intellect, for a pack of smaller beasts could bring down this creature with concentrated effort. Using his arms to spread his ropes wide to mimic the formation of wings the former Mizukage spread them wide and leaned low, keeping his eyes where the creature could see him. Let it see the "blindness" he bore, let it trust its instincts and see him as weak. Crouching, he pressed himself close to the ground, hiding the unlatching of his breast plate and the black horrors that were spreading out over the ground under him. They were not necessary, not yet, but their presence was readied nonetheless if that fool of a savage tried to interfere. That man, if he intercepted, would ruin every plan he had.
→→Yet...Savages were knowledgeable in the way of the hunt, so it was entirely possible he would recognize that Hesrik was luring the beast into a trap. At the very least it was now obvious that he was by no means blind, for no blind man would act as he was.

Techniques Used:

Current Objectives:

Items of Note:
✤ Proficiency Training from E - C with Tendrils, requiring 10 posts to accomplish. Seven of these posts were utilized for the same post requirement to escape the location as well.

Neryem
NecroPlant

Recycle Bin [Dead Threads]

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff