Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply Private Homes
Strudwick Ancestral Home

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Winsome Fey

Alien Hunter

7,050 Points
  • Daring Investigator 50
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 12:42 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

xxxxxxxThe Strudwick Ancestral Home xxxxxxx
Located in Sussex, England

Located in Sussex, England, the Strudwick home is hidden from view from muggles with numerous charms and rarely has guests as a result. It has a number of house elves, most of them tasked with running the day to day business of the household. This home has many hidden secrets, and it is rumored that one of the Strudwick ancestors haunts the cellars beneath the home.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2015 11:33 pm
xxxxxxxResidents of This Homexxxxxxx

Hamnet Strudwick

Josephine Strudwick

Winsome Fey

Alien Hunter

7,050 Points
  • Daring Investigator 50
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Winsome Fey

Alien Hunter

7,050 Points
  • Daring Investigator 50
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2015 9:43 pm
xxxxxxxInteresting Factsxxxxxxx

The home sits on several acres of land overlooking Sussex and includes a small lake and gardens. It also happens to sport a gazebo in the back for people to entertain guests in.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2016 11:45 am
                                                                There was nothing in sight
                                                                But memories left abandoned
                                                                There was nowhere to hide
                                                                The ashes fell like snow
                                                                And the ground caved in
                                                                Between where we were standing
                                                                And your voice was all I heard
                                                                That I get what I deserve

▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁

Where am I? ???
                                                                Who am I with? No ******** clue...
                                                                What am I doing? Being kidnapped, apparently...
                                                                What am I thinking? The hell?
                                                                Who's Important to me? Elliott Holt
                                                                What am I wearing? Summer Outing

Jesse stumbled as he appeared with the strange man, feeling his stomach try to heave as he straightened up. Sure, he had gotten used to apparating when had been learning how to, but the sensation with side-along apparition was disconcerting at best, downright terrible at worst. The man had at least let go of his arm and was now studying his reaction, and Jesse couldn't help but feel like he was under a microscope. No, this didn't have creepy kidnapper vibes rolling off of it at all.

He then looked around the house. It looked expensive, like it was a museum piece, and Jesse couldn't imagine someone living here. He nearly expected the man to give him a tour, but before he could even get a true bearing on his situation, his wand was zipping out of his pocket and toward the man's hand. Oh, ********. He was suddenly glad that he was taking wandless, because if nothing else, he might actually need to use it.

Before he could even react to anything else, he heard someone enter the room and looked over to see a woman enter, her expression one of surprise and shock before a glance was given to the man. She then strode forward, her arms outstretched and her face... Jesse was sure he'd seen girls in Slytherin with a more real expression than the one the woman displayed. She wrapped her arms around him, her face buried in his shoulder and all Jesse could think was that something was very wrong here. "Oh, Merlin. Pancras! Where have you been? We've been worried sick!"

Pancras? What the hell? Who the heck was she talking about? He blinked as the man disentangled the woman from him and pulled her back a bit, whispering to her. Jesse couldn't make it out, and he crossed his arms, about ready to snap. "Okay, what the hell is going on? Who the ******** are you two? Who's Pancras?"

The man looked over to him then, blue eyes searching his face as the woman gasped. What, they acted like they'd never heard such language. Though, they probably hadn't. Jesse couldn't help but fight off the urge to be ashamed for his language, and he didn't know why. "You're Pancras. You're our son. We've been searching for you to bring you back home."

"That can't be right. I mean, I haven't been missing. The hell are you talking about?" This whole situation just seemed wrong somehow, and Jesse couldn't pinpoint it.

The man shared a look with his wife, or what Jesse assumed was his wife, and nodded toward him. "I guess it can't be helped. The charm will have to be removed."

Jesse blinked. "Oh, hell no! You're not coming near me!" He twisted, expecting to feel the sudden squeezing sensation as he vanished from sight, but instead felt like he'd hit a brick wall. He stumbled, feeling like the air in his lungs had been crushed out of him, and he swore. The ******** just happened?

OOC:

In every loss in every lie
                                                                In every truth that you'd deny
                                                                And each regret and each goodbye
                                                                Was a mistake too great to hide

Winsome Fey

Alien Hunter

7,050 Points
  • Daring Investigator 50
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Winsome Fey

Alien Hunter

7,050 Points
  • Daring Investigator 50
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2016 6:13 pm
                                                                Throw your dollar bills and leave your thrills all here with me
                                                                And speak but don't pretend I won't defend you anymore you see
                                                                It aches in every bone, I'll die alone, but not for you
                                                                My eyes don't need to see that ugly thing, I know it's me you fear
                                                                If you want me hold me back

Where am I? Home
                                                                Who am I with? Josephine, Pancras
                                                                What am I doing? Doing what needs to be done
                                                                What am I thinking? This would go more smoothly if he didn't try and protest...

Hamnet gave his wife a look as Pancras seemed to try and apparate out of the room. Honestly, what did the boy expect? They'd let him leave? They needed him, as much as Hamnet hated to admit it. The squib, returned to the family. He'd stricken his name from everything in the family records, and yet now he was here, all because his brother had the nerve to disgrace himself by being bitten by a mutt. The teen really didn't have a choice in the matter in Hamnet's eyes, and he merely shared a glance with Josephine before he strode forward. "This is for your own good. Either you will obey, or I will make you obey."

The teen's face lost all color as he realized that Hamnet was serious, and he backed away, his back hitting a wall. Hamnet didn't let that deter him, and grabbed the teen's arm before he could move. Pointing his wand, the older male cast his spell, watching his son's face blink in confusion before crumpling to one in pain. Pancras slumped to the floor, clutching his head while Hamnet stood impassively. Now for the trickier part. Hamnet wasn't about to imagine that his son wouldn't resent him for throwing him aside all those years ago, and Hamnet had decided to take care of all the problematic memories associated with that. Eyes narrowed, he started the spell that would solve that tricky problem. It caught Pancras for a moment, but then the redhead did something unexpected.

Instead of standing there and taking it, he reached out and snatched the wand out of Hamnet's hand, breaking the spell before it could truly progress. He then gestured, and Hamnet was unprepared for Pancras's wand to suddenly fly from his hold back to the boy's hand. "Don't. Don't you even dare. Stay out of my head!" Pancras's chest was heaving with effort, but he gestured, and Hamnet didn't get a chance to raise a protective spell of his own before he was flung backward, his head hitting the wall opposite causing his vision to explode into stars before he succumbed to darkness.

OOC:

Frail, the skin is dry and pale, the pain will never fail
                                                                And so we go back to the remedy
                                                                Clip the wings that get you high, just leave them where they lie
                                                                And tell yourself, "You'll be the death of me"

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2016 10:07 pm
                                                                There was nothing in sight
                                                                But memories left abandoned
                                                                There was nowhere to hide
                                                                The ashes fell like snow
                                                                And the ground caved in
                                                                Between where we were standing

Where am I? ,,,Home?
                                                                Who am I with? Mother and Father???
                                                                What am I doing? Getting the ******** out of here!
                                                                What am I thinking? ????????????????????????????
                                                                Who's Important to me? Elliott Holt
                                                                What am I wearing? Summer Outing

Pancras clutched his head, trying to make sense of what was going on. Too much, it was too much! Too many memories going through his head at once, and it was pounding and he was shaking and he couldn't think straight. He felt something in his head, and he reacted violently, using basically uncontrolled magic to make it stop. He stared dazed, wanting to get sick and run at the same time, and his father (his father!) was collapsed against the wall opposite, while his mother stared at him with what looked like shock and horror. He wanted to laugh and cry, because he'd wanted to have some sort of acknowledgement from either of them for his entire life, and never had gotten it. He dropped his father's wand, and pointed his wand at his mother. No. Never again. He wasn't going to do this again. Jesse started for the doorway, trying to sort out his memories enough to remind himself why it would be a good idea for him to run. Hadn't his father hurt him and cast him out? No, there was another memory, one where his father had stopped a man from kidnapping him and saved him. His head throbbed painfully, and he groaned.

Pancras's eyes, however, snapped back toward his mother when she started forward, and he shook his head. Regardless of what memories he had, he still remembered one big thing. Neither of them had ever been real parents, and suddenly he looked around, wondering. Where was Hammy? He hadn't seen his brother in all of this, and he was getting double images of an angry young teen on top of an active cheerful five-year-old. What happened? "Where's Hamilton? He should be here, right? Where is he?" Jesse's wand hand shook, and it took everything he had not to curl up and clutch his head. But he had to know.

"The mutt is gone. Good riddance. It would have tarnished the family name. Now, Pancras, come and rest. I would imagine that you're overwhelmed." His mother gestured off to the side, almost as though she were going to show him to his room. Did he have a room here anymore? He couldn't remember. He did, but his father left him on the street. Or the man succeeded in kidnapping him after all. He didn't know.

"Overwhelmed? Are you ******** serious right now?" He gave a short laugh, and Pancras shook his head. "I'm not doing a damn thing you say. You're both insane. Let me out!" His mother stopped, her hands falling to her sides. Jesse took it as confirmation that he could leave, and darted for the door, cursing as he opened it up and sunlight only made his growing migraine worse. However, he needed to leave, and slammed the door shut as he ran. He didn't look back once, and once he figured he was far enough away, he apparated, thinking of the first safe place he could. His father wouldn't go looking for him in his old safe place away from Paul. His mind skewed sideways, and he wondered briefly who Paul even was.

OOC:

In every loss in every lie
                                                                In every truth that you'd deny
                                                                And each regret and each goodbye
                                                                Was a mistake too great to hide

Winsome Fey

Alien Hunter

7,050 Points
  • Daring Investigator 50
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Winsome Fey

Alien Hunter

7,050 Points
  • Daring Investigator 50
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 6:49 pm
                                                                My eyes are open wide
                                                                And by the way,
                                                                I made it through the day
                                                                I watched the world outside
                                                                By the way,
                                                                I'm leaving out today

Where am I? Uncle's house
                                                                Who am I with? Himself
                                                                What am I doing? Growing frustrated.
                                                                What am I thinking? What is wrong with my family??
                                                                What am I wearing? Summer wear

Arden looked through the family records, clenching his teeth as he tried to look for something he knew should have been there. He knew realistically he'd get into big trouble if he so much as looked into his uncle's study, but he knew that this was the only place he could find the information he was looking for. Sighing, he shelved a book, a frown forming on his face when he picked up the next book. Green eyes narrowed as he started leafing through it, and then he stopped, staring at the photo that had been stuck in it. It was older, somewhat yellowed, but he recognized the red and black hair of his cousins easily enough. If he didn't know any better, he could have sworn the photo was muggle, as neither boy moved, but it was betrayed as he noticed Hamilton blink. Nodding to himself, he quickly made his way out of the study, thankful his aunt was who-knew-where and his uncle was off at work.

When he got to his room, he quickly hid the book and called for one of the house elves. Ordering her to tell him the moment that his uncle or aunt came home, he dismissed her and then pulled out the book, brow furrowing as he looked over it carefully. He took the photo of his cousins out, deciding that he didn't care if he was going to be labelled a thief or not and stuck it inside one of his own schoolbooks before looking at the book again. It was a journal, that much he realized, and it was his uncle's from what he could tell. It was also old, probably older than he was. He decided to ignore the warning voice in his mind that he was digging into things he really shouldn't and started looking through it.

It was obvious from the start that his uncle didn't seem to care too much for his sons. The names Pancras and Hamilton rarely showed up at all in the first fifty or so pages, though when they did, it was with some sort of disdain for their capabilities. Arden could hardly understand how a parent could really care so little for their kids, but he was experiencing first-hand how some parents viewed their kids merely as pawns. He read further, thinking that maybe there was something to corroborate Pan-Jesse's story. It wasn't until he got midway through the text that he found it. Arden felt sick, reading how his eldest cousin had been tormented to reveal any magical prowess. It was shortly after that that the journal abruptly stopped mentioning Pancras. It was like he no longer existed. Arden looked silently at the book, trying to understand.

Suddenly a pop echoed through the room, and Arden hid the book under his mattress. His face betrayed nothing as he nodded to the house elf who warned him that his uncle was home, and went down to greet him. He was now observing his family in a new light, and wondered if there was some way he could stop what was going on. It was too late to prevent his cousins from being disowned, but he could possibly try to help them out. Besides, his uncle wanted to play a game of power? He could too. He'd won numerous times against his own parents, and he could win this time. He just needed to figure out just what his uncle had as ammunition, and disarm it.

OOC:

Tell my mother,
                                                                Tell my father
                                                                I've done the best I can
                                                                To make them realize
                                                                This is my life
                                                                I hope they understand
                                                                I'm not angry, I'm just saying...
                                                                Sometimes goodbye is a second chance

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 10:49 pm
                                                                We don't deal with outsiders very well
                                                                They say newcomers have a certain smell
                                                                Yeah, I have trust issues, not to mention
                                                                They say they can smell your intentions

Where am I? ........................Home
                                                                Who am I with? Himself, a house elf
                                                                What am I doing? Sneaking around and looking for something.
                                                                What am I thinking? It has to be here somewhere, Father can't have destroyed everything...
                                                                What am I wearing? Everyday Wear

Hamilton knew he shouldn't have returned. Honestly, he knew it, but that didn't stop him from coming anyway. His fingers drummed against his thigh as he considered the grounds of the home before him. He doubted he'd be able to smell any trace of himself or Pancras anywhere, but he still, somehow almost foolishly, wished he could catch even a scent of either of them around. It was almost driving him crazy, knowing that this was his childhood home and there wasn't even a hint that it had ever transpired. Even the tree he had fallen out of when he was a little kid was gone, likely torn down and replaced with something else. Unintentionally his fingers traveled from his thigh to his scalp and felt along to find the scar that he knew was there. His eyes narrowed again, he let his hand drop back to his thigh, his fingers drumming faster as he looked everything over again.

His father was gone for the day, off to work for the ministry that didn't realize that a monster was in their midst. Oh, they thought he was worse than anything for him attacking Pancras and Arden, but they didn't realize it had started at home years ago. No one suspected that there had been years of neglect and hate raised within those walls, and the times he did remember his parents having someone over, they pretended like everything was just fine. Except, of any of the newest generation of Strudwicks, he knew exactly what secrets his father hid. He knew the secret panels his father used to hide away important documentation, and where he kept things to keep his stories straight. Such as Pancras, and the story that the boy had disappeared into the night and never returned. His father had made it out that Pancras had been attacked by wild animals when the house elves had not been paying attention, and Hamilton, knowing the truth after seeing his older brother dragged out of the nursery by his hair, had stayed silent. He'd stayed silent for so long and lied to himself over and over for a decade that Pancras had deserved it for being a squib that he'd believed it eventually.

Brown eyes narrowed at that thought and his fingers stopped their maddening pace to clench into a fist. His father had broken his family. He knew that now, understood it in a way that he hadn't been able to when he was five and terrified. When he was eleven and angry. When he was fifteen and hopeless. He didn't know what was going on with his life now, not with how much of a mess it had devolved into, but he knew he had to make it stop. Now, before it got any worse. His father had created a monster, and Hamilton had to claw himself out of that to even realize just how bad he'd become. Not that he'd wanted to at first, after all. Sera had somehow procured a pensieve and forced him to look at the memories that he refused to acknowledge. Apparently she had somehow understood something about parents that demanded and demanded and discarded what they thought were failures. He never pried, it was none of his Circe-damned business, after all, but it was apparent that she was either in the same situation, or was witnessing it herself in her own family. Either way, while he had spit curses and screamed at her about everything, she hadn't budged from her standpoint. What had happened to his family all had a root somewhere, and he was staring right at it.

He tensed, seeing his mother leave the house Now was the perfect time for him to act. He paused, waiting for the telltale pop from apparition that would tell him his mother had left to go see her paramour. He then moved purposely toward the house, knowing that he had allies in the house. The house elves were still there, they had to be. He couldn't imagine his mother wishing to cook or clean, and his father wouldn't have bothered. Once upon a time, Hamilton had himself thought himself more a house elf than a wizard, and even had games with Pancras about it. The house elves themselves had enjoyed it, but it had stopped when their father discovered it. That didn't stop Hamilton from seeking out the elves when he wanted to talk. They had become the last individuals in the house that even cared about what happened to him or talked to him.

Hamilton got to the door and withdrew his wand. He knew there were spells on the door to repel intruders, though Hamilton knew the way through them. He cast a few spells to detect if there were any curses laid upon the door just in case, and then proceeded to place his hand over the knocker. The door glowed briefly and he smirked. Apparently his father hadn't thought to change the wards on the door, and Hamilton nearly snorted. Hamnet must have been expecting Pancras to come back then, he thought with a snort. If he knew his brother (and considering that he was pretty sure he knew him quite well given his history), he doubted that Pancras would ever return. Not after all that had been done to him. Regardless, the wards still permitted only the family to enter when the door was locked, and he opened the door carefully.

The foyer hadn't changed a bit, and Hamilton had a moment of nostalgia before he shook himself out of it. Now wasn't the time, he thought. He needed to get to the study and find the switch to the vault. His father was an Unspeakable, the Head Unspeakable, which meant that he researched quite a bit on memory charms and their effects. Anything he would find on his father's work would be in there. He allowed himself a momentary pause as he recalled where it was and strode toward it purposefully. The only thing odd he noticed was the complete lack of Arden's scent anywhere. Had his father decided to do away with his brother's son? It didn't seem logical, but then again, his father wasn't the most logical person when it came to matters of inheritance. Hamnet had only cared that his progeny inherited everything. His brother's children were of no consequence. Not that Gladwin Strudwick was a saint, either. Hamilton was just more aware of his father's thought processes than his uncle's.

A pop sounded, causing Hamilton to nearly jump out of his skin. There stood Tissy, one of the older house elves, and Hamilton was immediately on guard. However, he relaxed it slightly when the house elf bowed to him. "Master Hamilton. What is you doing here, sir? I hasn't seen you in a long time."

"I'm not here. Not really." Hamilton nearly winced as he saw the elf's ears droop slightly and Tissy looked disappointed. He hated saying that to her. She had raised him, after all. He then thought carefully before he spoke next. "I'm just looking in Father's study for something. Do you think you can keep an eye out and let me know when he or Mother get home? I would really appreciate it, please."

At that, Tissy's eyes lit up and she smiled. "Oh, you be looking for what Master Arden was. He telled me he was looking for something too, and he found it."

Hamilton's eyebrows rose as he regarded Tissy. Arden had found something out in the open? That sounded odd, especially where his father was concerned. "Do you happen to have access to what Arden found? I can't be sure if it's the same thing that I'm looking for if I don't take a look at it."

Tissy nodded, and disappeared for a moment before reappearing. She held out a small journal, one that Hamilton didn't quite recognize, but he took it from the house elf with a smile and thank you anyway. Tissy stood quietly as Hamilton scanned the contents, waiting. Hamilton, meanwhile, felt growing horror as he read the words his father wrote for what he put Pancras through. Hamilton had never realized just how bad things had gotten for his brother after Hamilton had shown magic, and reading the lengths their father had gone through to make Pancras show his magic was appalling.

Looking back toward Tissy, he snapped the book shut and thought, hard. This was good, but it wasn't quite what he had come for. It was only a piece of the puzzle. Shaking his head, he addressed the elf. "Tissy, keep an eye out for Father and Mother. I need to go to the study to look for the rest. This can't be all of it."

The house elf nodded and disappeared, and Hamilton entered the study. He scanned the shelves and immediately discarded the idea that they were going to be any use. Honestly, it probably would have been a better idea to bring Pancras along, but he doubted his brother would want to have anything to do with him. Not to mention his... lover wouldn't appreciate Hamilton being within a mile of Pancras. Groaning in frustration, he would have blasted something had his nose not picked up the strongest area his father tended to frequent. Approaching the desk, he looked over it for a moment before following the older man's scent elsewhere, to a small nook that was tucked away from sight. Looking it over, Hamilton found the switch and, after disarming the curses his father left, entered the small corridor leading down into the vault.

Hamilton felt like he couldn't be paranoid enough as he cast spell after spell, trying to see if he could find any traps his father had left. There were a few he had to disarm, but his paranoia grew as the corridor finally came to the vault underneath the study. His heart pounding, he entered the door and stopped, looking around. He'd never been down into the vault before. He knew it was there, but his father had explicitly told him that no one was allowed to enter, usually followed by a sound slap any time he or Pancras attempted it. A bookcase was set against a wall along with shelves along the other two. Various items were set onto each shelf, and Hamilton took a moment to peruse the shelves to see if he could locate anything of what he was looking for. Snorting, he moved on to the bookcase and started searching it.

Finding nothing, Hamilton groaned. What, did he think that there would be something detailing how his father had obliviated his brother and falsified his disappearance somewhere in his father's logs? Hamilton should have known better. Especially since he knew his father never did things that sloppily. The fact that Arden had even stumbled across the journal was a surprise to him, but that was only because his father wouldn't just leave things out in the open like that. He was an Unspeakable for a reason. Which meant... Hamilton nearly slapped himself for not thinking of it sooner. There wouldn't have been any evidence left in a journal, or even left in his father's head. Not if his father was smart, and he didn't become the head of his department by being stupid. Hamilton was looking in the wrong place for that information. Instead he had to look elsewhere, probably within the one item in the house that he'd never really thought of, and Pancras had never known of. Arden wouldn't have known of it either, as it was acquired after Pancras's disappearance but never spoken of.

Face resolute, he immediately made up his mind and called for Tissy again. The house elf appeared suddenly, her ears bobbing as she bowed. "Tissy, I need to find Father's pensieve. Do you know where it is?"

Tissy's eyes widened, but she nodded. "What does Master Hamilton wish to do with Master Hamnet's pensieve? You know you not supposed to be messing with it."

"Pancras is alive." At Tissy's gasp, Hamilton continued. "Pancras is alive and our father covered it up. I need it to prove what happened." Tissy gasped, and would have complained about it, but Hamilton shook his head. "Tissy, please. If there is anything that can fix anything, I need to see it. I don't want to order you to tell me, but if I have to..."

Tissy popped out of sight again, and a few moments later, popped back into sight carrying a large bowl covered in runes with a small case. Hamilton blinked at the case, until Tissy spoke up. "This has all of Master Hamnet's memories he stored away."

Hamilton realized exactly what Tissy was about to hand him, and then thought of the only outcome that would result from the house elf betraying his father. He winced, kneeling down to look at her straight before he spoke. "Okay, listen to me. You are not allowed to hurt yourself. That is an order. Also, if my father or mother tries to hurt you either, you will come directly to me. Understand?" At Tissy's frightened nod, Hamilton gave the house elf a hug. He hoped that maybe he avoided the worst of what Hamnet might do to the creature, but Hamilton wasn't sure. What he was sure about was that he now had to sift through possibly years worth of memories to find the ones he needed. However, with the pensieve that probably made this all the easier for him. Shrinking both the case and the pensieve, Hamilton made his way out of the house, placing the curses back as he traveled through the house. With any luck, his father wouldn't know of Hamilton's theft until the next time he tried to use the items. Hamilton only hoped that wasn't anytime soon.

OOC:

Why'd you come? You knew you should have stayed
                                                                I tried to warn you just to stay away
                                                                And now they're outside ready to bust
                                                                It looks like you might be one of us

Winsome Fey

Alien Hunter

7,050 Points
  • Daring Investigator 50
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Private Homes

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items