Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Third Year Classes
Transfiguration III (1/4) *New Class 2/10* Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 4:50 pm
User Image
Fianna Grey
Gryffindor Third Year Thirteen Years OldSingle

Fianna was looking forward to this class about as much as her sister did. Both of them had issues with the subject of Transfiguration, and would have been happy if they never had to take it again. Momma had insisted she sit in on some of the lessons Linny was tutoring Hannah on, as her own scores last year weren't exactly stellar, and she'd promised herself to try working harder this term, just so she wouldn't need to distract her cousin from her NEWT studies. However, when her teacher turned himself into a red-tailed hawk and flew around the room, she was absolutely amazed. That was something even Linny couldn't do, and her cousin was a total brain when it came to Transfiguration.

'The last two years were 'simple'?' the thought made Fianna dizzy to even contemplate, considering how much she struggled with the subject. The math wasn't so bad, but the wandwork nearly drove her to tears. She dutifully copied down the notes for the class, and was soon confronted with having a turtle on her desk looking up at her. 'Yeah,' she thought. 'That's it, no pressure here.'

"Sciphustestudo," she intoned, after practicing the incantation and the wand movements a few times, and watched as the unfortunate creature suddenly sprouted a spout and a handle from its shell. Looking up from what she'd just done to the tortoise, she said to the professor in a soft voice, "I guess this means I won't be sprouting wings anything soon, right?"

OOC:
Username

User ImageUser ImageUser Image
                  Turn your magic on, to me she'd say
                  "Everything you wants a dream away
                  We are legends, every day"
                  That's what she told me

Turn your magic on, to me she'd say
                  "Everything you wants a dream away
                  Under this pressure, under this weight
                  We are diamonds"

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 6:47 pm
~ New Year ~

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 6:51 pm
On The Board:

Welcome Back!

Teapot to Tortoise
Sciphustestudo

This spell is a more complex version of the spells we have been working on, and involves transfiguring vertebrates into items.

The word is derived from Latin, scaphium meaning "pot, bowl, drinking vessel," and testudo meaning "tortoise." It is the incantation used for Teapot to Tortoise, and is pronounced sci-fus-tes-tu-doh.

Looking back to the categories we have worked with, this spell falls under the Transformation Transfiguration branch. It is used to transform a teapot into a tortoise. This is an easy and simple Transfiguration spell, quite commonly used to practice at the start of intermediate Transfiguration classes. It is especially pertinent to know the components of a tortoise while executing this spell.

The spell itself does not emit any sound or light, it strictly transforms a teapot into a tortoise when pointed at with the casters wand.

The level of this Transfiguration is somewhat basic.

t= Transformation of a teapot into a tortoise
    a= caster must be heavier than the teapot
    v= at least medium-mild
    w= any wand power
    c= fair
    Z= perfectly spoken, completely clear

Reparifarge
    This spell is the basic spell for Untransfiguration. It should be used to help undo mistakes during transfiguration as well as to revert an object that has been transfigured back into its original form. The incantation for this spell is Reparifarge, or for easier pronunciation, "re-par-ee-far-je."

Please Remember!
    As these spells always require the use of the formula for transfiguration, it shall be listed here. Please keep in mind the correct amounts for each part of the equation.
    User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 6:55 pm
User Image
                                                I had a dream the other night
                                                About how we only get one life
                                                Woke me up right after two
                                                Stayed awake and stared at you
                                                So I wouldn't lose my mind

User Image

════════════════════════

Rᴀᴠᴇɴᴄʟᴀᴡ Aʟᴜᴍɴɪ || Tʀᴀɴsғɪɢᴜʀᴀᴛɪᴏɴ Pʀᴏғᴇssᴏʀ || Pᴏᴛɪᴏɴᴇᴇʀ

════════════════════════

Rick was sitting on his desk, a tank of tortoises near him and waiting for the class to get into the classroom before starting the lesson. The class was steadily improving, and Rick was glad to see it. He had been afraid that his tenure as a professor was going to be a complete wash, and he didn't want that. However, he knew that at least he was certain that the students were going to be proficient in Transfiguration by the end of school. At least that was his hope. He wouldn't see them after this year in classes, so he figured he might as well make the most of the last year they had to get them ready for the next teacher they had.

He waited until the last of the students were in the classroom before he waved his wand and closed the doors behind them. He then looked around the classroom, deciding to get started. "Welcome back everyone. This year marks the third year that you have been in this class, which means you should have a firm grasp on the basics of Transfiguration by now. If you don't, feel free to drop by my office during free periods and I can help you out with any questions you may have, or help you out on any areas you are weak in. I do hope that your time in class has been good, so without further ado, we're going to start up on the topic of more advanced transfiguration and the potential you have in this class should you wish to push yourself for it."

He concentrated for a moment, closing his eyes as he envisioned his animagus form. Instantly, there was a slight pop and in his place, a red-tailed hawk was perched on the desk instead. Rick took a moment to stretch out his wings before he took off from the desk, circling the room once before settled on the edge of the tank. Resuming his normal form, he grinned at the class, thoroughly enjoying the feeling of flying, even if he didn't have any good thermals to ride when he was in the open sky. "Now, for those of you that are unused to that form of magic, that was called Animagus, a highly-advanced and difficult to master form of transfiguration. For those that want to research it further, you may ask the Animagus professor or ask even me about the subject, but it's an example of some of the things that you will be learning from this year on out. Before, you were working on simple transfiguration, however now you are getting into the more advanced forms of transfiguration. This year is your introduction into such materials, so I advise you to be studious and work hard on your spellwork to master the subject."

Looking back, he gestured to the board. "For the first lesson of the year, we will be discussing the spell Sciphustestudo, or Tortoise to Teapot. This spell is complicated because of the fact that we are not only working with vertebrates, but also with the fact that a tortoise has one thing most other vertebrates don't have. That is its shell." He calmly reached down into the tank and pulled a tortoise out to demonstrate what he meant. "The shell for this animal means that there is an extra bit of work on your concentration to incorporate it into the finished teapot. For those of you that can figure out how to do this easily, then you won't have any problems later. However, this is practice time, so I want to see everyone finish up with any notes from the board and come up and take a tortoise each. Practice the spell, and then untransfigure it again to try again. I will be walking around the room and observing, so if you have any questions or need assistance, then don't hesitate to ask."

════════════════════════
                                                Location: Transfiguration classroom
                                                Thinking: Well, this shouldn't be so difficult.
                                                OOC:

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

And I had the week that came from hell
                                                And yes I know that you could tell
                                                But you're like the net under the ledge
                                                When I go flying off the edge
                                                You go flying off as well

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2016 7:43 pm
I get my kicks and I wanna start a rager
I wanna dance like I'm on the video
I got a fever for the violent behavior
I'm sweatin' bullets like a modern Romeo
User Image

𝕋𝕙𝕚𝕣𝕕 𝕐𝕖𝕒𝕣 ℝ𝕒𝕧𝕖𝕟𝕔𝕝𝕒𝕨 ✦ ℂ𝕚𝕟𝕖𝕞𝕒 𝔼𝕟𝕥𝕙𝕦𝕤𝕚𝕒𝕤𝕥 ✦ 𝕋𝕖𝕟𝕠𝕣

Alby walked in and took a seat near the middle of the classroom and took out his notebook and quill first since he was pretty sure he wouldn't understand half of what the textbook said without his notes first. He enjoyed reading as much as the next Ravenclaw but something about the transfiguration textbook went way beyond his comprehension. He waited with the others for the professor to start and watched in amazement as he transformed into a hawk and flew around the classroom. It would be pretty cool to be able to turn into any animal, he thinks he had a relative that was an animagus but he's not entirely sure considering he nearly slept through every family history lesson, but he didn't think he had the concentration or the patience to try. Alby dutifully took his notes and felt sort of bad for the tortoises they would be practicing on and wondered if he could possibly talk Professor Drage into allowing him to keep one the tortoise he chose. Probably not, but really what did he do with more than a dozen tortoises when they weren't working on them? He got up and walked up to the front and grabbed the nearest one muttering his apologies the entire trek back to his desk before gently placing him on its surface. "Ok, teapot, teapot, I can do that." He raised his wand pointing it at the tortoise and tried to imagine a teapot of relatively the same size with a shell design. "Sciphustestudo!" He watched the tortoise not change and poked it lightly to see if anything had really happened only for his mouth to open a whistle come out. Oh, well that wasn't good.

Quote:

Quote:

Bang, bang, give me fame
Shoot me up to entertain
I am a semi-automatic lonely boy
You're dead, I'm well fed
Give me death or give me head
Daddy's little psycho and mommy's little soldier

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:50 am
~ New Year ~

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:52 am
On The Board:

Welcome Back!

Teapot to Tortoise
Sciphustestudo

This spell is a more complex version of the spells we have been working on, and involves transfiguring vertebrates into items.

The word is derived from Latin, scaphium meaning "pot, bowl, drinking vessel," and testudo meaning "tortoise." It is the incantation used for Teapot to Tortoise, and is pronounced sci-fus-tes-tu-doh.

Looking back to the categories we have worked with, this spell falls under the Transformation Transfiguration branch. It is used to transform a teapot into a tortoise. This is an easy and simple Transfiguration spell, quite commonly used to practice at the start of intermediate Transfiguration classes. It is especially pertinent to know the components of a tortoise while executing this spell.

The spell itself does not emit any sound or light, it strictly transforms a teapot into a tortoise when pointed at with the casters wand.

v= at least medium-mild
    w= any wand power
    c= fair

Reparifarge
    This spell is the basic spell for Untransfiguration. It should be used to help undo mistakes during transfiguration as well as to revert an object that has been transfigured back into its original form. The incantation for this spell is Reparifarge, or for easier pronunciation, "re-par-ee-far-je."

Please Remember!
    As these spells always require the use of the formula for transfiguration, it shall be listed here. Please keep in mind the correct amounts for each part of the equation.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:58 am
User Image

User Image

════════════════════════

════════════════════════

Rick was sitting on his desk, a tank of tortoises near him and waiting for the class to get into the classroom before starting the lesson. The class was steadily improving, and Rick was glad to see it. He had been afraid that his tenure as a professor was going to be a complete wash, and he didn't want that. However, he knew that at least he was certain that the students were going to be proficient in Transfiguration by the end of school. At least that was his hope. He had seen them get better in the class as time went on, and he hoped that they continued to improve as much as they could. If nothing else, he was trying to make sure they were good at the subject at hand.

He waited until the last of the students were in the classroom before he waved his wand and closed the doors behind them. He then looked around the classroom, deciding to get started. "Welcome back everyone. This year marks the third year that you have been in this class, which means you should have a firm grasp on the basics of Transfiguration by now. If you don't, feel free to drop by my office during free periods and I can help you out with any questions you may have, or help you out on any areas you are weak in. I do hope that your time in class has been good, so without further ado, we're going to start up on the topic of more advanced transfiguration and the potential you have in this class should you wish to push yourself for it."

He concentrated for a moment, closing his eyes as he envisioned his animagus form. Instantly, there was a slight pop and in his place, a red-tailed hawk was perched on the desk instead. Rick took a moment to stretch out his wings before he took off from the desk, circling the room once before settled on the edge of the tank. Resuming his normal form, he grinned at the class, thoroughly enjoying the feeling of flying, even if he didn't have any good thermals to ride when he was in the open sky. "Now, for those of you that are unused to that form of magic, that was called Animagus, a highly-advanced and difficult to master form of transfiguration. For those that want to research it further, you may ask the Animagus professor or ask even me about the subject, but it's an example of some of the things that you will be learning from this year on out. Before, you were working on simple transfiguration, however now you are getting into the more advanced forms of transfiguration. This year is your introduction into such materials, so I advise you to be studious and work hard on your spellwork to master the subject."

Looking back, he gestured to the board. "For the first lesson of the year, we will be discussing the spell Sciphustestudo, or Tortoise to Teapot. This spell is complicated because of the fact that we are not only working with vertebrates, but also with the fact that a tortoise has one thing most other vertebrates don't have. That is its shell." He calmly reached down into the tank and pulled a tortoise out to demonstrate what he meant. "The shell for this animal means that there is an extra bit of work on your concentration to incorporate it into the finished teapot. For those of you that can figure out how to do this easily, then you won't have any problems later. However, this is practice time, so I want to see everyone finish up with any notes from the board and come up and take a tortoise each. Practice the spell, and then untransfigure it again to try again. I will be walking around the room and observing, so if you have any questions or need assistance, then don't hesitate to ask."

════════════════════════
                                                OOC:

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 10:38 pm
Orphan Sisters for Life
Third Years

With : Each other & Class...

User ImageUser Image
Sitting in Transfigurations Candace was thinking of one thing… food. She was hungry, that’s what she got for skipping out on breakfast. Alana could tell but she was trying to focus on class. As much as she didn’t want to stop by Professor Drage’s office she probably should. Maybe she could bring Kimberly? The Slytherin also struggled with transfigurations (although not for the same reasons). The moment she glanced at her darker skinned friend, the girl gave the blonde a look that said ‘hell no’. Not surprising considering Kimberly wasn’t one for wanting to visit any professor.

Minako was probably the only one truly focused on class. She found the idea of animagus interesting. She imagined herself as a bird of sorts taking to the sky. However, she hardly saw it as something she would use in the future. Alana found the animagus part cool too. However that bubble popped when they started talking about animal transfiguration. She didn’t like transfiguring animals. What if she messed up?

As the girls finished up their notes, Alana dreaded taking out her wand. Minako and Candace were the first to get up. Kimberly followed behind to get her tortoise only to drag the quiet Hufflepuff to the front to get hers as well. “Sciphustestudo.” Candace gave it a try only to fail the tortoise remaining unaware of anything. “Sciphustestudo.” She tried again only getting a half transfigured tortoise that had a body that was starting to look like a teapot and a head that looked like a spout. “Nice one.” Kimberly laughed. “What’s so funny? I don’t see you trying. Besides I’m hungry... How long till lunch anyways?” Candace asked the girls. “Lunch isn’t for another half an hour give or take.” Alana replied wishing it were sooner. “Fine then, Sciphustestudo.” Kimberly tried the spell only fail much like Candace did.

“Would you guys just work on the spell?” Minako looked at them. “What if I hurt it…?” Alana asked unsure about it. “Do it right the first time and you won’t.” Kimberly replied as she fixed her mess of a tortoise. Candace did the same as Alana stared at the tortoise. “Sciphustestudo.” Minako said concentrating getting a very simplistic looking teapot. It was a little off in color and texture but at least she was on the right track. Alana took a deep breath before moving her gaze from Minako’s creature to her own. “I’m sorry little tortoise…. Sciphustestudo.” She said trying the spell only for it to do nothing. Clearly her intent wasn’t intentional enough.

Alana ~ Status : Hopeful Theme ~ Attire
Minako ~ Status : Focused Theme ~ Attire
Kimberly ~ Status : Content Theme ~ Attire
Candace ~ Status : Hungry Theme ~ Attire

OOC: - - -  
PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 10:40 am
~ New Year ~

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 10:43 am
On The Board:

Welcome Back!

Teapot to Tortoise
Sciphustestudo

v= at least medium-mild
    w= any wand power
    c= fair

Reparifarge

Please Remember!

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 10:45 am
User Image

User Image

════════════════════════

════════════════════════

Rick was sitting on his desk, a tank of tortoises near him and waiting for the class to get into the classroom before starting the lesson. The class was steadily improving, and Rick was glad to see it. He had been afraid that his tenure as a professor was going to be a complete wash, and he didn't want that. However, he knew that at least he was certain that the students were going to be proficient in Transfiguration by the end of school. At least that was his hope. He had seen them get better in the class as time went on, and he hoped that they continued to improve as much as they could. If nothing else, he was trying to make sure they were good at the subject at hand.

════════════════════════
                                                OOC:

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

The Shiny Furret

Merry Muse

4,950 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 7:00 pm
User Image
                                                        Well I thought I knew you, thinkin' that you were true. Guess I couldn't trust, called your bluff.
                                                        Time is up 'cause I've had enough. You were there by my side, always down for the ride,
                                                        But your joy ride just came down in flames 'cause your greed sold me out in shame.

𝔐𝔞𝔯𝔠𝔢𝔩𝔩𝔬 𝔏𝔲𝔠𝔞 𝔉𝔦𝔬𝔯𝔞𝔳𝔞𝔫𝔱𝔦
                                                        Ravenclaw / Third Year / Halfblood

After all of the stealing and cheating you probably think that I hold resentment for you,
                                                        But, oh no, you're wrong. 'Cause if it wasn't for all that you tried to do, I wouldn't know,
                                                        Just how capable I am to pull through, so I wanna say thank you.

╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌

Marcello entered the Transfiguration classroom and took a seat in the third row. This was his only class of the day, Tuesday being one of his easier days. As class began, Marcel opened up his textbook to follow along as he took notes. They were going to be working with tortoises today, turning them into teapots. He tried not to think about how they felt when they were turned into teapots, especially not what they felt when the spell didn't go correctly. Finishing up his notes, Marcel went up to the front of the room to take a tortoise and returned to his desk, removing his wand from his bag. He looked the creature over, admiring it for a moment. "Sorry buddy, but I have to." He gulped nervously and pointed his wand at the tortoise, reciting the incantation. His first attempt went, well, horribly wrong. On his desk sat a strange tortoise teapot hybrid, with a spout where the head should be. He tried again, this time getting a little closer. The shell was still there, but it at least looked like a teapot now, with the spout and handle sticking out of a rounded shell. Third time was the charm though, as he recited the incantation once more, this time successfully making a teapot. It was round and white, like the one his mother had back home, with a green ring through the center.

╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌

'Cause it makes me that much stronger, makes me work a little bit harder.
                                                        It makes me that much wiser, so thanks for making me a fighter.
                                                        Made me learn a little bit faster, made my skin a little bit thicker.
                                                        Makes me that much smarter, so thanks for making me a fighter.

x x x x

OOC: . . .

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 6:59 pm
~ New Year ~

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:01 pm
On The Board:

Welcome Back!

Teapot to Tortoise
Sciphustestudo

v= at least medium-mild
    w= any wand power
    c= fair

Reparifarge

Please Remember!

Third Year Classes

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff