Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Third Year Classes
Transfiguration III (1/4) *New Class 2/10* Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:07 pm
User Image
                                                I had a dream the other night
                                                About how we only get one life
                                                Woke me up right after two
                                                Stayed awake and stared at you
                                                So I wouldn't lose my mind

User Image

════════════════════════

Rᴀᴠᴇɴᴄʟᴀᴡ Aʟᴜᴍɴɪ || Tʀᴀɴsғɪɢᴜʀᴀᴛɪᴏɴ Pʀᴏғᴇssᴏʀ || Pᴏᴛɪᴏɴᴇᴇʀ

════════════════════════

Rick was sitting on his desk, a tank of tortoises near him and waiting for the class to get into the classroom before starting the lesson. The class was steadily improving, and Rick was glad to see it. He had been afraid that his tenure as a professor was going to be a complete wash, and he didn't want that. However, he knew that at least he was certain that the students were going to be proficient in Transfiguration by the end of school. At least that was his hope. He had seen them get better in the class as time went on, and he hoped that they continued to improve as much as they could. If nothing else, he was trying to make sure they were good at the subject at hand.

He waited until the last of the students were in the classroom before he waved his wand and closed the doors behind them. He then looked around the classroom, deciding to get started. "Welcome back everyone. This year marks the third year that you have been in this class, which means you should have a firm grasp on the basics of Transfiguration by now. If you don't, feel free to drop by my office during free periods and I can help you out with any questions you may have, or help you out on any areas you are weak in. I do hope that your time in class has been good, so without further ado, we're going to start up on the topic of more advanced transfiguration and the potential you have in this class should you wish to push yourself for it."

He concentrated for a moment, closing his eyes as he envisioned his animagus form. Instantly, there was a slight pop and in his place, a red-tailed hawk was perched on the desk instead. Rick took a moment to stretch out his wings before he took off from the desk, circling the room once before settled on the edge of the tank. Resuming his normal form, he grinned at the class, thoroughly enjoying the feeling of flying, even if he didn't have any good thermals to ride when he was in the open sky. "Now, for those of you that are unused to that form of magic, that was called Animagus, a highly-advanced and difficult to master form of transfiguration. For those that want to research it further, you may ask the Animagus professor or ask even me about the subject, but it's an example of some of the things that you will be learning from this year on out. Before, you were working on simple transfiguration, however now you are getting into the more advanced forms of transfiguration. This year is your introduction into such materials, so I advise you to be studious and work hard on your spellwork to master the subject."

Looking back, he gestured to the board. "For the first lesson of the year, we will be discussing the spell Sciphustestudo, or Tortoise to Teapot. This spell is complicated because of the fact that we are not only working with vertebrates, but also with the fact that a tortoise has one thing most other vertebrates don't have. That is its shell." He calmly reached down into the tank and pulled a tortoise out to demonstrate what he meant. "The shell for this animal means that there is an extra bit of work on your concentration to incorporate it into the finished teapot. For those of you that can figure out how to do this easily, then you won't have any problems later. However, this is practice time, so I want to see everyone finish up with any notes from the board and come up and take a tortoise each. Practice the spell, and then untransfigure it again to try again. I will be walking around the room and observing, so if you have any questions or need assistance, then don't hesitate to ask."

════════════════════════
                                                Location: Transfiguration classroom
                                                Thinking: Well, this shouldn't be so difficult.
                                                OOC:

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

And I had the week that came from hell
                                                And yes I know that you could tell
                                                But you're like the net under the ledge
                                                When I go flying off the edge
                                                You go flying off as well

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 2:01 pm
~ New Year ~

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 2:04 pm
On The Board:

Welcome Back!

Teapot to Tortoise
Sciphustestudo

This spell is a more complex version of the spells we have been working on, and involves transfiguring vertebrates into items.

The word is derived from Latin, scaphium meaning "pot, bowl, drinking vessel," and testudo meaning "tortoise." It is the incantation used for Teapot to Tortoise, and is pronounced sci-fus-tes-tu-doh.

Looking back to the categories we have worked with, this spell falls under the Transformation Transfiguration branch. It is used to transform a teapot into a tortoise. This is an easy and simple Transfiguration spell, quite commonly used to practice at the start of intermediate Transfiguration classes. It is especially pertinent to know the components of a tortoise while executing this spell.

The spell itself does not emit any sound or light, it strictly transforms a teapot into a tortoise when pointed at with the casters wand.

The level of this Transfiguration is somewhat basic.

t= Transformation of a teapot into a tortoise
    a= caster must be heavier than the teapot
    v= at least medium-mild
    w= any wand power
    c= fair
    Z= perfectly spoken, completely clear

Reparifarge
    This spell is the basic spell for Untransfiguration. It should be used to help undo mistakes during transfiguration as well as to revert an object that has been transfigured back into its original form. The incantation for this spell is Reparifarge, or for easier pronunciation, "re-par-ee-far-je."

Please Remember!
    As these spells always require the use of the formula for transfiguration, it shall be listed here. Please keep in mind the correct amounts for each part of the equation.
    User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 2:05 pm
User Image

User Image

════════════════════════

════════════════════════

Rick was sitting on his desk, a tank of tortoises near him and waiting for the class to get into the classroom before starting the lesson. The class was steadily improving, and Rick was glad to see it. He had been afraid that his tenure as a professor was going to be a complete wash, and he didn't want that. However, he knew that at least he was certain that the students were going to be proficient in Transfiguration by the end of school. At least that was his hope. He had seen them get better in the class as time went on, and he hoped that they continued to improve as much as they could. If nothing else, he was trying to make sure they were good at the subject at hand.

He waited until the last of the students were in the classroom before he waved his wand and closed the doors behind them. He then looked around the classroom, deciding to get started. "Welcome back everyone. This year marks the third year that you have been in this class, which means you should have a firm grasp on the basics of Transfiguration by now. If you don't, feel free to drop by my office during free periods and I can help you out with any questions you may have, or help you out on any areas you are weak in. I do hope that your time in class has been good, so without further ado, we're going to start up on the topic of more advanced transfiguration and the potential you have in this class should you wish to push yourself for it."

He concentrated for a moment, closing his eyes as he envisioned his animagus form. Instantly, there was a slight pop and in his place, a red-tailed hawk was perched on the desk instead. Rick took a moment to stretch out his wings before he took off from the desk, circling the room once before settled on the edge of the tank. Resuming his normal form, he grinned at the class, thoroughly enjoying the feeling of flying, even if he didn't have any good thermals to ride when he was in the open sky. "Now, for those of you that are unused to that form of magic, that was called Animagus, a highly-advanced and difficult to master form of transfiguration. For those that want to research it further, you may ask the Animagus professor or ask even me about the subject, but it's an example of some of the things that you will be learning from this year on out. Before, you were working on simple transfiguration, however now you are getting into the more advanced forms of transfiguration. This year is your introduction into such materials, so I advise you to be studious and work hard on your spellwork to master the subject."

Looking back, he gestured to the board. "For the first lesson of the year, we will be discussing the spell Sciphustestudo, or Tortoise to Teapot. This spell is complicated because of the fact that we are not only working with vertebrates, but also with the fact that a tortoise has one thing most other vertebrates don't have. That is its shell." He calmly reached down into the tank and pulled a tortoise out to demonstrate what he meant. "The shell for this animal means that there is an extra bit of work on your concentration to incorporate it into the finished teapot. For those of you that can figure out how to do this easily, then you won't have any problems later. However, this is practice time, so I want to see everyone finish up with any notes from the board and come up and take a tortoise each. Practice the spell, and then untransfigure it again to try again. I will be walking around the room and observing, so if you have any questions or need assistance, then don't hesitate to ask."

════════════════════════
                                                OOC:

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2018 12:57 pm
~ New Year ~

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2018 12:58 pm
On The Board:

Welcome Back!

Teapot to Tortoise
Sciphustestudo

This spell is a more complex version of the spells we have been working on, and involves transfiguring vertebrates into items.

The word is derived from Latin, scaphium meaning "pot, bowl, drinking vessel," and testudo meaning "tortoise." It is the incantation used for Teapot to Tortoise, and is pronounced sci-fus-tes-tu-doh.

Looking back to the categories we have worked with, this spell falls under the Transformation Transfiguration branch. It is used to transform a teapot into a tortoise. This is an easy and simple Transfiguration spell, quite commonly used to practice at the start of intermediate Transfiguration classes. It is especially pertinent to know the components of a tortoise while executing this spell.

The spell itself does not emit any sound or light, it strictly transforms a teapot into a tortoise when pointed at with the casters wand.

v= at least medium-mild
    w= any wand power
    c= fair

Reparifarge
    This spell is the basic spell for Untransfiguration. It should be used to help undo mistakes during transfiguration as well as to revert an object that has been transfigured back into its original form. The incantation for this spell is Reparifarge, or for easier pronunciation, "re-par-ee-far-je."

Please Remember!
    As these spells always require the use of the formula for transfiguration, it shall be listed here. Please keep in mind the correct amounts for each part of the equation.
    User Image

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2018 12:59 pm
User Image

User Image

════════════════════════

════════════════════════

════════════════════════
                                                OOC:

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2018 2:17 pm
❁ Mary Fidelma Conri-Dechering ❁ xxxxx
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
xxxx <3rd Year> <"American Girl" and Georgia Peach>
Time: 2042-2043
------------------------------------------------------------------------xx
                                                  Mary loved Transfiguration class. Not for the subject matter necessarily, though she didn't mind the mathematical aspect of the class or the rest of the subject, no she loved the class for Professor Drage. The dreamy redheaded professor that taught the class. She might have a notebook hidden in her room with hearts around the professor's name. She logically knew nothing would ever come of it and it was as practical as dreaming about a movie star but she could at least dream, right? And besides her interest in the Professor she would argue made her a better student. She eagerly took a seat near the front, took out a note-taking materials, set her wand nearby in reach, and began to take notes on Sciphustestudo. Tortoise to teapot, shouldn't be too bad, right?

Once she was finished with her notes, she selected one of the smaller tortoises at the front of the room and took it to her seat. Placing it on her desk, she pointed her wand at the tortoise and said clearly, "Sciphustestudo." Suddenly, the tortoise transformed from a rather cute tortoise to a tea pot with delicate pink flowers painted on. She beamed up at Professor Drage, quite proud of her accomplishment. When he came around to see her teapot, she then pointed her wand at the tea pot and clearly stated "re-par-ee-far-je." The teapot transformed back to the small tortoise. Mary smiled happy with her results. She was pretty good at this if she put her mind to it she decided. She hoped Professor Drage might congratulate her, but she knew it wouldn't be fair if he played favorites and besides there were other students just as talented as her.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

For a moment the hat was silent before speaking....
                                                  My dear, I wager your father will be proud of you regardless
                                                  You need to forge your own path
                                                  And I think you'll be doing just that in

Hufflepuff!
                                                  {OoC: }
                                                  Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2018 3:17 pm
✠ Quinn Ezekiel Conri-Dechering ✠ xxxxx
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
xxxx <3rd Year>
Time: 2042-2043
------------------------------------------------------------------------xx

Quinn swore he would never really understand his sister's crush on Professor Drage. Sure the Professor was one of the younger professors and he was handsome enough, but Quinn just didn't get it. Just because he was younger didn't mean he was in their age range. However, Quinn did enjoy Professor Drage's class. The subject matter was fascinating and Professor Drage was a good professor at the end of the day. Today, though, was tortoise to teapot.

Quinn was confident he could do well in the class. He selected one of the tortoises from the front of the class and returned to his seat in the front next to his sister. Pointing his wand at his tortoise he said, furrowing his brow in concentration as he envisioned a teapot, "Sciphustestudo". Without any excitement of lights or flashes, the tortoise transformed in front of his eyes into a plain blue teapot. He glanced over to his sister who was showing off with a decorated teapot and trying to catch Professor Drage's attention. When he was instructed to do so, using Reparifarge, Quinn was able to transform his blue teapot to its ordinary form as a teapot.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

For a moment the hat was silent before speaking....
                                    Ah, such concern for your dear sister
                                    A quiet, thoughtful mind, hm?
                                    Yes, I know just where to put you,

Ravenclaw!
                                    {OoC: }
                                    Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2018 4:56 pm
User Image
Katya Patrovna
HufflepuffThird YearThirteen Years OldSingle

Katya had to admit, Mary was right, Professor Drage was pretty dreamy, even if he was considerably older than they were. The little Hufflepuff always wrestled with Transfiguration class, though it had nothing to do with the math aspect. The math was easy enough, at least for her, her problems tended to lie in being able to apply sufficient force of will to make the transfigurations take place. She hated the fact they used living creatures in their classes, and she knew her sister rescued her kitten from the practical OWL exam.

After she took down her notes for the class, Katya got up and collected a smallish tortoise, with an interesting pattern in its shell, from the selection present and took it back to her desk. Her natural sympathies were with the poor creature, and she hoped she or the professor could undo any harm inflicted if her spell went awry. Already, her friends had successfully completed their spells, so Katya knew she didn't want to fail in hers. Pointing her wand at the tortoise, she called out, "Sciphustestudo" in as strong a tone as she could manage. The creature juddered briefly before becoming a teapot, though one with four metal legs like a samovar, and the creature's shell pattern incorporated as part and parcel of the pot's enameled finish. She looked over at the professor, hoping he might give her some positive comments.

OOC:
Username

User Image
                  "Black clouds are behind me, I now can see ahead
                  Often I wonder why I try hoping for an end
                  Sorrow weighs my shoulders down
                  And trouble haunts my mind
                  But I know the present will not last
                  And tomorrow will be kinder

Tomorrow will be kinder
                  It's true, I've seen it before
                  A brighter day is coming my way"

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2019 8:58 pm
~ New Year ~

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2019 9:08 pm
On The Board:

Welcome Back!

Teapot to Tortoise
Sciphustestudo

v= at least medium-mild
    w= any wand power
    c= fair

Reparifarge

Please Remember!
    User Image

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2019 9:10 pm
User Image

User Image

════════════════════════

════════════════════════

════════════════════════
                                                OOC:

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 12:33 am
User Image

♪♫
SONORAxxxMEYLINGxxxLI

third year || Ravenclaw || halfblood
Music club || Quidditch reserve || Dueling Club
irregular attendee of Astronomy club

Sonora was always a little nervous that one day transfiguration would stop making sense, but somehow for the past two years it was one of her better subjects. Besides, Sona was sure if things ever really did stop making sense, it just meant she would have an excuse to listen to Professor Drage to explain things again. Anyways, class was normal, until mid-way through talking, Professor Drage vanished and turned into a hawk:

”D’awwwwwwwwww!!! was the first sound Sonora made. Then he took flight and in a whisper-squeal, she grabbed Jonah’s arm, shaking him excitedly without taking her eyes off of their bird-professor: ”Jonahheturnedintoahawk!! Heturnedintoahawk!!!”

It wasn’t that she hadn’t heard about animagus. She’d heard it in passing and their textbook had some cursory mention of shapeshifting. But she had never seen someone shift, and it had never hit home how real that shift could be.

Forget chasing a snitch, she could be the snitch!

Sona stopped squealing, but she continued shaking Jonah’s arm with excitement until she realized that Professor Drage had started talking about the first assignment. With a start of renewed excitement, she snatched her quill up, flipped to a blank page of her transfiguration notebook and started taking notes-- expected complications, additional caveats, pronunciation, etymology, the usual notes on casting. She double checked her notes before setting to work with a little turtle, absolutely trembling with excitement.

Her first attempt though, was uncharacteristically unfocused. ”He turned into a bird, Jonah! And he flew! Jonah, I could be a bird! Icouldbeabird! Ahem-- Sciphustestudo.” The turtle turned into a….thing, but it was closer to a lidded bowl than a teapot and still had an untouched shell as the lid ”Reparifarge!” she quickly amended, worriedly checking her turtle over.

She took a deep breath and tried to focus on figuring out how to make the turtle a teapot, but a few minutes later, she couldn’t help but whisper to her best friend: ”Jonah, when do you think Professor Drage is teaching us the animagus spell? Do you think hawks and turtles talk to each other? What kind of animal would you want to turn into?”

Also open to anyone telling her to focus for the sake of the poor turtle >.<"

Trickblues

User Image User Image User Image
The birds, the sun, the stars, night sky,
It's such a sight to withhold.
Three-six-zero turn to see that we're not alone.
You have a house. Hello home.
♫♪
"Paper Plane's Adventure" by V.K. Lyrics by Tanoshibe on YouTube

addaellis

Trickblues

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 5:45 pm
User Image
User Image
Make my way through the motions, I try to ignore it
But home's looking farther the closer I get
Don't know why I can't see the end, is it over yet?
A short leash and a short fuse don't match
They tell me it ain't that bad
Now don't you overreact
So I just hold my breath, don't know why
I can't see the sun when young should be fun (fun)

JONAH CASTOR LANE
Half-BloodRavenclawThird Year BeaterThirteen Years OldThe Daily Dragon

» Fall 2044 » Transfiguration » With: Sonora, Classmates
» Wearing: School Robes » Status: "Hello embarrassment, my old friend."

═══════════════════XXXX═══════════════════

Jonah had such mixed feelings over transfiguration. He found the subject fascinating enough, but it wasn’t exactly his strong suit; partially because he didn’t have a natural take to it, partially because other subjects interested him more and he spent his spare time studying more fun classes instead. Professor Drage was certainly nice to look at, for an older gentleman, at least.

The third year had been paying attention to Drage, but not so much the lesson itself, until the pop sounded and suddenly they were faced with a bloody hawk. Jonah’s jaw dropped as Sonora squeeled. “Wha--” Hands grappled on to his arm in a vice grip and the world began to shake. Violently. He was pretty sure he was going to have whiplash, but who cared? Their professor just turned into a bird!

Sonora’s excitement was definitely contagious, as when Jonah’s mind was finally able to process this new information, Professor Drage flying overhead, he found himself reaching over with his free hand to shake her shoulder. There were only two words in the English language that suited this situation. “Holy Shiiiii—“ It was at that moment Jonah realized he was about to drop a dreaded swear, he could risk them house points, and somewhere far off in the castle he sensed one August Li shaking his head at him, harshly judging his foul mouth. He had to abort. Post-haste. “---zam!” He was quick to bury his face in Sonora’s shoulder, shaking be damned. ‘Did I just say Holy Shizam? I did. I said that. Sona, read my mind with our friendship powers. Please. End me.’

Class went on as normal once Drage was back to his usual self, and they had set to work on transfiguring poor, defenseless turtles. ‘Why will I ever need to turn a turtle into a tea pot, anyway…? How does this apply to adult life?’ Sonora was still ranting about animagi when she had flubbed her spell, and Jonah found himself having to hold her wrist as he laughed. “For the sake of Shelly here, I think you’d better focus. Sciphustestudo.” He cast the spell himself, frowning when the turtle’s head turned into what should be a spout. Yikes. “Reparifarge.“
What kind of animagus would he be? “Um… I don’t know. Do you get to choose? What if it’s some kind of spirit animal thing? What do you think I’d be?” He looked to her with a smile. “You’d have to be a bird, nothing else would make sense. Probably a nightingale.”

═════════════════════════════════════════════

OOC:
I've been laughing at "Holy Shizam" for the past 30 minutes of writing this post omfg.
Addaellis

And I guess the bad can get better
Gotta be wrong before it's right
Every happy phrase engraved in my mind
And I've always been a go-getter
There's truth in every word I write
But still the growing pains, growing pains
They're keeping me up at night

Third Year Classes

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff