Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Newbie Supporting and Training Guild

Back to Guilds

The NSTG's mission is to provide a safe and educational environment for the fostering of newbies to productive Gaians. 

Tags: Guide, Support, Games, Newb, Help 

Reply ☆ Questions and Assistance
Picture and text alignment (A)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

BrokenEmpennage

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 9:32 am
User ImageSo I've been meaning to ask this question for a while now (since I've had an account for quite some time but I'm prone to taking long hiatuses). I mostly come on Gaia to role play in Barton Town, and I often see so many people with such lovey and beautiful posts. Now I have the basics down: I know how to post a picture and change the size or color of my text; but there's still something I just cant seem to figure out. When ever I post a picture followed by text the text beside the picture will only align its self to the bottom of the picture before then going under the picture if the paragraph continues. (Probably exactly what the text I'm typing now is going to do). But I've seen some post where the user will have a picture and their paragraph will be aligned top to bottom beside it. Please, can anyone tell me how to do this?  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 10:58 am
User Image

Is this what U mean? If it is what U do is put before the pic then put after the pic. Hit enter 2 type under the pic & it should center it up. I hope this helps. It didn't do right the way I 2 explain so I'll do it like this B4 the pic put
U can use the quote button 2 see how I did it & then back out of the quote.
put [ the word align=center then another] then a [ & a / then align &] I had 2 try 2 explain it like that cuz it was centering my words but not showing the align. U MIGHT just want 2 look at the quote. Hope this helps if not let me know & I'll see what I can do 2 help. LET ME KNOW..  

Morrigan Skylar

Greedy Smoker

26,475 Points
  • Tree's the Season 100
  • Skilled Decorator 100
  • Professional Decorator 250

Morrigan Skylar

Greedy Smoker

26,475 Points
  • Tree's the Season 100
  • Skilled Decorator 100
  • Professional Decorator 250
PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 11:28 am
BrokenEmpennage
User ImageSo I've been meaning to ask this question for a while now (since I've had an account for quite some time but I'm prone to taking long hiatuses). I mostly come on Gaia to role play in Barton Town, and I often see so many people with such lovey and beautiful posts. Now I have the basics down: I know how to post a picture and change the size or color of my text; but there's still something I just cant seem to figure out. When ever I post a picture followed by text the text beside the picture will only align its self to the bottom of the picture before then going under the picture if the paragraph continues. (Probably exactly what the text I'm typing now is going to do). But I've seen some post where the user will have a picture and their paragraph will be aligned top to bottom beside it. Please, can anyone tell me how to do this?

I SHOULD QUOTED U 2 start with so U knew U had a response.. Sorry . MY BAD!  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 12:57 pm
BrokenEmpennage

Hi there! There is also a different way you can do it.
Write what you want to write.
The select all of the stuff you want to be aligned in the center. If it´s everything then just press ctrl+a and it selects everything.
Then press the little button as seen on the picture here.
User Image

That should encase everything so it´s aligned in the center biggrin  

Madeleine Heilburg

Colorful Sweetheart

25,715 Points
  • Married 100
  • Waffles! 25
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100

sdrawkcab

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 5:53 pm
BrokenEmpennage

The tags I think you might want are:
[imgleft] [/imgleft]

[imgright] [/imgright]

Imgleft will align the photo on the left and all text will sit to the right of the photo.
Imgright will align the photo to the right of the text.
Use the tags in place of the usual [img] [/img] tags.

Like below:

I'd also recommend using the [list] [/list] function to add a bit of space between your text and your photo. The list tags are used for making lists, but they can be used to indent. And, if you stack them up, you can increase the indent width. I had to use a lot of list tags in the example below, but it works. c:
Like this:

User Image
                                    So I've been meaning to ask this question for a while now (since I've had an account for quite some time but I'm prone to taking long hiatuses). I mostly come on Gaia to role play in Barton Town, and I often see so many people with such lovey and beautiful posts. Now I have the basics down: I know how to post a picture and change the size or color of my text; but there's still something I just cant seem to figure out. When ever I post a picture followed by text the text beside the picture will only align its self to the bottom of the picture before then going under the picture if the paragraph continues. (Probably exactly what the text I'm typing now is going to do). But I've seen some post where the user will have a picture and their paragraph will be aligned top to bottom beside it. Please, can anyone tell me how to do this?

Click the spoiler below for the code.
[imgleft]http://i1305.photobucket.com/albums/s555/Nonagon-Star/Gaia Little Star Desu/5661ca85c5408902775437f99ea06ca1_zpsioyc3m9t.jpg[/imgleft] [list][list][list] [list][list][list] [list][list][list] [list][list][list] [list][list][list] [list][list]

((If you start typing here, your text will be a bit more centered. Play with it. Start your text two lines higher if you want it to align with the top of the photo. Erase this sentence so you don't have to delete it every time you copy/paste your format. XD ))

[/list][/list][/list] [/list][/list][/list] [/list][/list][/list] [/list][/list][/list] [/list][/list][/list] [/list][/list]

Annnddd... that would be a lot to copy/paste every time you want to write your post. I'd recommend using something like BetterGaia. It's a browser add-on that will auto-format posts for you. If you decide to use it and need help setting up the auto-post format, let me know. c:
And, just to be thorough, there's another add-on called GaiaUpgrade. It can also auto-format your posts. I prefer the way that Better Gaia's post formatting works, but you can decide for yourself.

☆ Questions and Assistance

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games