Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Safaia

Vice Captain

Trickster

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 8:08 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Kopkop was rather worried about the amount of trouble that his brother could get in to. Though he had full faith in his nvwati's opinions and guidance, it was still a known fact that the wanidatsi was a stick in the mud, and pretty nervous of any outsiders; especially a bunch all at once. Its why joining pretty much only happened in the Sky Festival, and even then it was because it was established protocol.

So after he had accepted the new members, and everyone was settling in a bit, Kopkop just had to find Ukahada and ask him about his game plan. Kopkop would be there to support him, regardless of the wrath of the grumpy, aging wanidatsi.

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 8:21 pm
User Image

Despite his history of getting into trouble with the wanidatsi, and knowing very well that it was not truly up to him to invite strangers into the clan (especially so many all at once).. but he was feeling very good about the decision. Meeting all of the lost Jini-misemi had made him all the more certain of it, their physical injuries were plain but the emotional injuries became more apparent in their introductions, their gratitude.

Since this meant they were going to be staying in the same place a while longer, there was still some organizing to do and the inevitable discovery to plan for. Luckily for the Wayas, Galiha had grown to trust them and felt for the Jini-misemi as well, so the small white avian had agreed to help however she could.. and not tattle on them.

With a few extra bags looped over his head and a few loose feathers stuck in his mane, Ukahada was on his way to get them all put away again. It was one of the downsides of being the clan responsible for crafting, they had more to pack up when they moved from camp to camp.. but having spares helped in a time like this.  

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

Safaia

Vice Captain

Trickster

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 8:38 pm
Ah! Well, it wasn't too terribly hard to find him with his white mane full of different-coloured feathers. He looked preoccupied, but Kopkop was going to ask him about it anyway, if only for the green lion's own selfish reasons; he wanted to feel peace of mind about it, even if Ukahada seemed perfectly fine at the moment.

"Hey, bro!" Kopkop called out to him, trotting along up to his pale brother. He did always appreciate the same tattoo colour they shared, even if it was more subtle on his body in comparison.

"So, any game plan on how to deal with the wanidatsi when he finds out? You know it isn't going to be pretty..." Kopkop dove right in, not beating around the bush of what he wanted to talk about.

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 8:45 pm
Ukahada started and turned to the voice that called out, smiling when he saw his brother. He didn't get much of a chance to talk to his family before the welcome for the former Jini-misemi, not one-on-one. He wasn't surprised that someone found him so quick.. and he wasn't surprised that Kopkop got straight to the point.

"Hello, Kopkop," he greeted his brother amiably, "I don't know exactly how we're going to deal with the wanidatsi yet. As long as he doesn't take it out on those poor souls, everything will be fine."  

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

Safaia

Vice Captain

Trickster

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 8:56 pm
Kopkop snorted. "You know if he tries to skin you alive, I'll get to him first. He's too old fashioned, he has to know that we gotta sometimes step outside of the boundaries of all those old stories to keep life interesting out here." The green lion had watched some of the newbies join and express their gratitude...and it reminded Kopkop that life wasn't really all that easy, regardless of how easy it had been (for the most part) around the Wolf clan lately.

"I got your back. I'm sure you know it, but it makes me feel better to tell you that." Again. Kopkop was probably a little too bold and straight to the point about his feelings, and definitely wanted everyone to know how he felt about things.

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 9:15 pm
"Well, I hope it doesn't come to that," he said with a chuckle at the remark about getting between the wanidatsi and the nvwati. Skan was strict and, yes, old-fashioned but he was hardly dangerous, "But thank you, nonetheless."

Ukahada was more apt to test the limits than Tsine was, but he had been at it longer.. and started in less strained circumstances with a less unfamiliar teacher. He expected that Skan was waiting for the two of them, the youngest pair of clan leaders, to do something stupid before long. Galiha certainly was waiting for it, even if she got on board this time.

"We have time," he said confidently, "Even if the wanidatsi found out tonight, he won't get here for some time. I don't expect them all to stay with us in the Wolf Clan, I know Badiliko-geni has a brother in the Mantis Clan.. and the Queen is actually related to Skan."  

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

Safaia

Vice Captain

Trickster

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 9:29 pm
"Wait...what? Really?! Wow!" Someone from outside of the pride? He didn't know a lot about the wanidatsi's family, but then again...it was an open secret that there were gods mixed in with that family. Maybe that's how they were related? Otherwise Skan may as well walk straight out of the old stories, he was such a stickler for tradition (as much as he bent it for survival).

"Dang, then he has to go somewhat easy if that's true. He may get all huffy, but I know that his folks' are still around." Kopkop chuckled, just imagining Skan getting all defensive against his own parents for something he may decide to do. It was a funny mental picture.

"Ok, good. Anyway I just wanted to let'cha know how I felt about all this. Its kinda exciting, you letting others join in when they needed it."

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 9:36 pm
A smug grin took over the nvwati's face. He might be overly confident but this was a situation he would happily bet on turning out alright. It was against the rules for a good cause and so many of them had family around here, it practically made them part of the Ela'wadiyi anyway.

"Did you see Grandpa's brother and his wife?" he asked suddenly, his smile softening, "Older fellow with the black fur, and the bright purple lioness. The Wolf Clan is going to be a lot more colorful. How would I even tattoo on fur like that?"

There were plenty of paint options, of course, but it was going to take some creativity adjusting to a brighter canvas. He hardly looked worried about it- in fact, he was quite excited.  

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

Safaia

Vice Captain

Trickster

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 9:40 pm
"Wait, really?!" He had seen them, sure, but Kopkop hadn't been socializing so he was out of the loop. Clearly that had been quite the mistake to make!!

"No way! Wow. That...kinda makes me more excited about this, actually." But man, black and bright purple?

"I think you're going to go blind from all the different colours you'll be using before you finish doing some tattoos on everyone, oh great nvwati." Kopkop said with a laugh.

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 9:53 pm
"Not that they'd be hard to notice, but they'll probably be sticking around with Gramps for a while," he guessed cheerily, "When you get a look at them, let me know what colors you think would best. When everything is sorted out, those who stick around will surely need some of this written down for them."

Obvious beginner tattoo for new members was always part of the story that brought them here.. but it was a good way to break the ice and get the nvwati or alu'nadi going.  

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

Safaia

Vice Captain

Trickster

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 10:01 pm
"Sure, sure. You know, subtle colours aren't always a bad thing..." He kind of liked that his tattoos were a bit harder to see here and there. It was easy for the curious ones to get a closer look, and a great way to start conversations.

"I'll help you out with whatever. You got your paws full enough, always feel free to ask me if I can help out in anything else." He stretched, feeling quite satisfied with himself. "Anyways, I should let you get back to what you were doing. See you around soon, if you're free?"

"If not, maybe I'll introduce myself to some of the new ladies that just joined..." he winked at his brother.

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 10:21 pm
Ukahada smiled and shook his head at his brother, watching in the corner of his eye as one of the feathers came loose from his mane and fluttered to the ground. Yes, he should probably be doing something about those.

"Don't go causing too much trouble, Kopkop," he said with a laugh, "And remember, we're related to the purple ones."  

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

Safaia

Vice Captain

Trickster

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 10:25 pm
Kopkop scoffed. "Hey! Its not like I'm running off to go get myself a lady. Plus, then I may actually know them, and properly call them family."

Yeah, that wasn't the best response. Oh well!

"Catch ya later, bro." And with that, the green lion trotted off, looking quite proud of himself, thank you.

[IC] Ela'wadiyi Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games