[PRP] That Time is Now [Jioni/Endor]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kimaria

Fuzzy Kitten

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 12:12 pm
Endor moved silently, each paw placed with such care that if he had been born a female he would no doubt have been a masterful huntress. These days, however, a hushed tread could mean the difference between life and death. He was more pro-active than his father was in recruiting for the rebellion - less fearful of the circumstances. Or, perhaps he simply felt invincible. Either way, the night was a cacophony of nocturnal song and, underneath an incredibly bright slice of moon, he felt comfortable.

Up ahead the thick foliage had been parted by a narrow ribbon of water, its banks lined with moss. This path had become a common one for him. Moss was soft and quiet and the sound of babbling music and all of the creatures that came to drink and bathe there meant he could pass by practically unnoticed.

Endor had grown up in these troubled times, his father - once a prince - nothing more than a hunter, too afraid to do much or risk Shangyue's wrath. He could understand the fear, though. Shangyue's threats were not made idly. If someone wronged him they ended up dead.

Ah, what troubled times, indeed.

SilverLutz

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 1:00 pm
Jioni was glad things were finally starting to come to a head. Something needed to be done and soon before Shangyue's paws stamped out the rebellion. There were more than she thought that were on the side of the old royals that had been murdered and that alone helped her sleep at night. She was a rebel, although she had told only a very select few. Those that she knew would keep it to themselves. She was biding her time in case her status as a Lady could assist the rebellion in some way, either letting her eavesdrop on the loyalists or even getting close enough to those in power for an attack of her own.

Tonight wasn't that night, though. She was out enjoying the moonlight - the moon in the sky about the same shape of the marking on her arm - not at all concerned for her safety. As someone who kept her nose in the air the lower classes didn't pay much attention to her. She was there, certainly, but nothing of importance. For now.

Approaching one of the streams that flowed through the jungles, Jioni paused to get a drink. The shuffling of leaves alerted to her to someone's presence, but she didn't lift her head in alarm. Drinking her fill, she lifted her head and licked her lips and chin free of the water that clung there. Her eyes focused on the male that had joined her just a few paces down stream.

"Good evening," she said in a low voice, one that oozed confidence and poise.

Kimaria

SilverLutz
Crew

Offensive Hero

Kimaria

Fuzzy Kitten

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 12:52 pm
SilverLutz

He almost jumped out of his fur at the sound of her voice, throwing himself around so quickly that his hindquarters ended up in the stream, splashing him with cool water. For a moment he held his breath and then, with an embarrassed laugh, he shook his head and pulled himself up out of the water.

"Wasn't expecting to bump into anyone along this way. What are you doing sneaking out around here?" He paused, eyeing her up for a moment. Trying to decide, perhaps, what side she was on and whether she could be persuaded onto the right one if she wasn't on it already.

"Times are changing, one can never be too careful." He let his eyes wander briefly, "you alone out here?"

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 3:39 pm
Jioni watched the antics of the other lion with a raised brow. A bit jumpy, hm? She couldn't blame him, though. Not with all the fighting that had been going on. All of the killing.

"A Lady doesn't sneak," she said with a little sniff as if the thought alone was disgusting. "I am alone," she added, staring him down as if it ask 'is that a problem'? She wasn't sure who she could trust any longer with the except of a pawful of lions.

"You seem to be alone," she added, flicking her tail a bit as she motioned for him to come closer. "Is that why you were asking?"

Kimaria

SilverLutz
Crew

Offensive Hero

Kimaria

Fuzzy Kitten

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 9:59 am
He smiled at her response. His father had a princely attitude to most things - though he had been told that he had once been a lot worse. The attitude was somewhat settling and, as she spoke, he found himself settling into a relaxed posture.

He did not miss her look and, at her returned question, he gave the slightest shrug. "Just carrying out my duties as a guard, is all. Watching for any suspect behaviour." He paused a moment, then eased his stance into something more casual. "These days it is safer to travel as a group, I suppose. Those who do not are more likely to raise suspicion."

He paused here, wondering how to broach the subject he wanted so desperately to bring into conversation.

"Word is that the rebels are growing stronger." He trailed off, watching her carefully, "the loyalists are likely growing nervous if so."

There we go. He was into dangerous territory now. His heart pounded, the adrenaline rushing through his veins. And yet, this fear, he had found, was strangely intoxicating.

SilverLutz

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 10:45 am
Jioni should have known she couldn't have simply walked away from this conversation without at least a word about the rebellion. It was all everyone was talking about as of late. Still, she didn't know who she could trust. Even those that spoke out against the king she was wary of, as lots of them had the potential to ruin her cover.

"Oh, are they?" she asked, her tone disinterested as she flicked her tail back and forth. "I try not to pay attention to politics." She glanced down at her claws, examining them in a bored fashion. "Although it has become rather bloody and hard to ignore as of late. Dreadful."

Kimaria

SilverLutz
Crew

Offensive Hero

Kimaria

Fuzzy Kitten

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2016 6:13 am
Endor nodded sagely at her response, the pounding of his heart muffling her words - and his when he came to respond. "It is picking up the pace now. It'll be over one way or another. If you're still trying to remain neutral...I don't think that option is going to be available soon."

Both sides would be recruiting, bolstering their strength. To stand on the side and look on would soon become cowardice rather than wise. He could understand the unwillingness to commit, but as pressure rose, it was only the natural progression. He felt glad, in a way, that his decision had been so easy.

"I've chosen. The time is now. Have you?"

He blinked, taking a step back and dropping into a sitting position. "Whatever your choice is, I won't judge you, even if we find ourselves enemies someday in the future." He paused again, knowing he'd have to take the step first if he wanted her to do the same - or at least consider it as an option too.

So, in a quiet voice, he murmered; "I am no loyalist."

SilverLutz

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 1:59 pm
This was getting a little too politically charged to ignore now. Jioni let her gaze harden a bit, eyes unblinking as she stared at the male, her tail no longer twitching. She wasn't looking for a fight, but if this male was she had to be ready.

As he spoke of his allegiance, however, she internally relaxed. Good. She turned her head away and swung her tail a bit as she moved forward to get a drink from the river.

"That's rather bold of you, to say it flat out like that," she said, leaning down to lap at the water. After drinking her fill she lifted her head again, golden eyes boring into the male. "Or stupid. I suppose there's a thin line between the two."

Kimaria

SilverLutz
Crew

Offensive Hero

Kimaria

Fuzzy Kitten

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2016 10:47 am
"The time for neutrality is coming to an end. Soon, both sides will demand that you join them. Anyone who is anyone can see that the loyalists are losing their momentum." Perhaps. Perhaps not. These days with all the back and forth it was hard to tell. But Endor believed in Meshach out on the borders. There was no way that his uncle could fail in his task, not with all the support he was bolstering.

If the loyalists assassinated him, however...

Endor shook himself and lifted his eyes back up to glance at Jioni. "I get a good feeling when I look at you. I think you know which side will rise victorious." He wondered how many other times he was going to have to put his life on the line to try and gain support. She could turn on him, force him into a fight that he did not want. He was an ambassador, choosing words over fighting - though he would if such need arose.

"Perhaps it is stupidity. Even if it is, I have faith. The Great Lion watches us, still."

SilverLutz
sorry I took so long. Been one heck of a week!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 10:09 pm
Jioni watched the male as he spoke, a very amused smile curling her lip. He was dedicated to the cause, that was without a doubt, and as he went on, trying to get her to pick a side, she knew she should save him the trouble of trying to convince her. Still, she let him speak for a while longer before shaking her head.

"It seems one side is already demanding that I join them," she murmured, her tone far different from what it had been moments ago. No longer was it airy and disinterested. Now it was seriously and intense.

"Thankfully, I'm not as bird brained as most think. I have had my paws firmly within the rebellion since the king was murdered, and never once have I swayed." Her voice was barely heard over the noise of the river, but the look on her face made up for the softness of her tone. "I've kept my peace in case my standing within the pride proved useful to the cause. You'll understand the need to stay neutral, or at least appear that way."

Kimaria
No worries!

SilverLutz
Crew

Offensive Hero

Kimaria

Fuzzy Kitten

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2016 10:53 am
He smiled at her response, liking how this conversation and feeling suddenly proud that he might have been able to sway a pride member...until she also admitted that she had been with the rebellion all along.

"And here I was thinking I had grown persuasive." He laughed, good-naturedly and stood. "You are Jioni, if I remember rightly. My name is Endor, son of Yavin. Since we both appear to be fighting for the same side then no doubt we'll cross paths again. Probably sooner than we think." Change was upon them and there wsa some strange thrill in knowing that he walked upon a knife's edge. One wrong move could send him tumbling over.

Still, fear was something he didn't have a true taste of yet. The lack of it made him confident.

SilverLutz

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2016 11:22 am
"Endor," Jioni repeated, bobbing her head in greeting. She had seen him around the pride before, of course, but they had yet to speak. "I'm glad the rebellion has lions like you to speak to those that might be unsure of where they stand." That much was true, at least. They needed all the help they could get, but at present she didn't see revealing her hand to be worth it. There were those to fill in the gap she left, though, and soon she would be able to join those loyal to the old family.

"Be careful who you speak to," she cautioned as she turned to go, having had her fill of water and ready to continue her stroll. "Not all will be rebels in disguise." There had been fierce fighting as of late with a few deaths and she didn't wish to see anyone else succumb to that fate, unless of course it was the lion that had started this whole mess. The current king was in a tailspin and there wasn't much he could do about it.

"May the Great Lion watch you tonight," she said before turning away completely. Hopefully Endor wouldn't run into any trouble.

Kimaria
Last from me!

SilverLutz
Crew

Offensive Hero

[IC] Mwezi'Johari Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items