Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply Private Homes
Andrea & Bella's Home Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2016 3:16 pm
User Image

Alarms will ring for eternity
                                                The waves will break every chain on me
                                                My bones will bleach
                                                My flesh will flee
                                                So help my lifeless frame to breathe

User Image

════════════════════════

Apprentice Healer || Gʀʏғғɪɴᴅᴏʀ Aʟᴜᴍɴɪ || Hᴀʟғ-Bʟᴏᴏᴅ

════════════════════════

It was rather funny to her that she was nearly late for her own party, but there it was. After pulling a late shift at the hospital, she'd come home so late it was nearly dawn, crashed out in her bed, and waking up barely in time to not his the housewarming she and Bella were holding. Thankfully, she'd wisely gotten as much of the food prepared as she was able prior to going into work, and even picked out something pretty to wear and had it draped over a chair in her room.

Dani barely had the time to wake up, get cleaned and was getting dressed before she heard Bella's knock on her door. 'Wow,' she thought. 'I was more tired than I thought.' Looking around her room, Dani saw that Sassy was stretched on the bed, while the sounds of other people in the house was already sufficient to cause Tether to retreat to her favourite hiding place, under the bed. 'Yeah, we won't see Tether until everybody's gone,' she thought.

She wasn't surprised when she could hear the sounds of guests gathering in the kitchen, as it always seemed to her this was where all parties wound up, no matter how old the guests or what sort of party it was.

When she arrived in the kitchen, she was wearing a pretty, sleeveless green floral-pattern dress, and a pair of white high-heeled shoes, and a matching scarf was wrapped around her waist, giving her dress the shape she wanted. She was really hoping her boyfriend would like how it looked on her. As soon as she arrived, Dani had a bright smile for her friends. "Hi, everybody," she said cheerily, as she drank in the sight of their friends. Yeah, tonight was shaping up to be a good one.

[quote="kiska166']

════════════════════════

OOC:

And God knows I'm not dying but I bleed now
                                                And God knows it's the only way to heal now
                                                With all the blood I lost with you
                                                It drowns the love I thought I knew

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 12:18 pm
User Image

╔═════════════════════════════════╗
Rosabella Winthrop
Gryffindor Alumna - Twenty One - Muggleborn - Seer - Welcome Witch - St. Mungo's
╚═════════════════════════════════╝

Rosabella stepped into the kitchen to see that her dining table was full of food and drinks. Not a bad turn out at all, she thought happily before joining her guests. A new, yet familiar face joined the bunch while the brunette had been notifying Danica about the start of the party. “Oh, that’s alright,” she started before Cathy had given her the gift. “Oh, my gosh, it’s so nice! Thank you,” she exclaimed, brightening up at the sight of the brass cricket. Rosabella loved decorative, little gifts that she could place around her new home. In fact, she had quite a few small souvenirs and candles in her bedroom.

When Danica finally awoke from her slumber and emerged into the kitchen, Rosabella smiled at her before taking in the pretty picture of their friends who had arrived. She knew the majority from school, but she had been acting a lot more lively today than any day that she’d been at Hogwarts. Maybe it was because she didn’t feel as judged in the presence of their friends whereas rumours traveled through the halls at that school quicker than the golden snitch traveled across the Quidditch pitch. It might also have something to do with the fact that she’s been alone all day with Dani having a completely opposite schedule, which allowed the introvert to recharge her energy for tonight’s party.

“Ronna, Toby, how are your kids doing?” she asked the couple, realizing she hadn’t a clue what anyone had been up to lately. It wasn’t that the brunette didn’t stay in touch with her friends (because she had), it was just that she and everyone around her had been extremely busy, so catching up was a lot more rare than she expected. Everyone had careers they were working towards and building up, some were in relationships and a handful were starting their own families and having children. Besides, most people worked Monday through Friday, but since Rosabella worked at a hospital, she had weekend shifts and night shifts just like her roommate. And functioning without sleep wasn’t something Bella was eager to do.

((OOC: outfit in left picture))

Don't hate your nature, hate the fact that you can't change it
Minor playing with the majors, you can't make it so you fake it

Graydon Ironshield
mc2
The Forgotten Weasley

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 4:30 pm
User ImagexAndrew Smithxxxxx
xxxx

Time: 2032-2033
Dressed: in clothes
------------------------------------------------------------------------xx
                                                      Andrew was running late, he blamed it on the fact that he couldn't just aparate himself in but instead had to rely on muggle transportation including a cab. He supposed he could have asked his sister but didn't want to bother her. Veronica was busy with watching two infants (how crazy to think his sister was the mother to two growing girls now, and he very much feared for any potential suitors those girls had) and he didn't want to intrude on Veronica's night with Toby even if they were going to the same place. Also he thought it was uncool to show up transported by his sister. Andrew was determined to show that he could handle himself even if he wasn't a wicked cool magic user like his girlfriend or sister or brother-in-law.

He entered the house as the last of the group to enter and nodded towards Veronica and Toby and then Rosabella who he knew from his occasional visits over at Dani's place. When Danica arrived looking as stunning as usual in her proper attire, modest but still incredibly stunning, he couldn't help but grin. Walking over to Dani he kissed her on the cheek and said, "Hello, beautiful, you look lovely tonight. Then again when don't you look lovely?" He ended half jokingly. Dani was a healer in training he was sure there were times near the end of the shift she wasn't exactly as stunning as she was tonight. It was only natural and only human, just like he didn't want Danica to see him the night before an exam when he was downing energy drinks like a dying man drank water.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

{OoC: }
                                                      Graydon Ironshield

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 9:14 pm
User Image
♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫

Typical
Hardly the type I fall for
I like when the physical
Don't leave me asking for more
I'm a sexy mama

♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫

========================
Nina Kagome Vienna
Artisan - Musician/Clothing Designer ♥ Gryffindor Alum ♥ Muggleborn ♥ Single
========================

Who knows just how to get what I wanna
What I want to do is spring this on you
Back up all of the things that I told you

╔═════════════════════╗

Nina smiled as Rosabella opened the door after Ronna had said that it's more polite to knock. She waved hello, wanting to put stuff on the kitchen counter before possibly getting into a partying mood. Of course, she wasn't really accustomed to doing her own thing at other people's parties. She noticed Cathy had reappeared and given out a housewarming gift. Nina hadn't even thought of that. Oh well. The girl leaned into a wall as talk started, including Rosabella asking about Ronna and Toby's children. Children? Wow, Nina was seriously out of the loop! But then again, she was so busy all the time. She would seriously listen now though. At least she could be a part of the party right? Another person entered the door that she didn't know, but she assumed she'd figure it out shortly right? And not to mention she was pretty sure she had heard that Axel would be here... And she hadn't heard from him really since he graduated. And she kinda hoped he hadn't forgotten her... But she couldn't seem desperate either! Nina decided to make herself a drink after a moment, looking to the other guests standing in the kitchen. The two outside had yet to come in, and the newest arrival had made his way to Dani. Seemed to be her boyfriend. That was so cute! She smiled a little, sipping at her drink as she found her way back to the wall. Wanting to listen to Ronna and Toby talk about their girls.

╚═════════════════════╝

♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫

You say you're a big boy
But I can't agree
'Cause the love you said you had
Ain't been put on me
I wonder

♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫

╔═════════════════════╗
I'm looking rather cute in my Semi Dressy With Denim
And it feels good to be with people like So far? Looks like Toby, Ronna, Rosabella, Dani, Some people I don't know
Although my mind keeps wandering to Woot! Partay! Partay! hehe

╚═════════════════════╝

shabatha

Desirable Prophet

10,375 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Julian Galaksylph

Festive Stylist

10,225 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 4:04 am
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx《Eᴜɢᴇɴᴇ Pᴏʀᴛʟᴀɴᴅ "Jᴇᴀɴ" Wɪɴᴅsᴏʀ》 xx
Half-Blood Raccoon Animagus Witch Watcher Ravenclaw Graduate spaces

User Image

═════════════════════════════════════════════════════

xxxSo we can take the world back from the heart-attacked
                                                      xxxOne maniac at a time, we will take it back
                                                      xxxYou know, time crawls on when you're waiting for the song to start
                                                      xxxSo dance alone to the beat of your heart!

╔═ .⌘. ═════════════════════════

Jean's green eyes blinked when a different person who wasn't blonde answered the door, it was someone he didn't think he was familiar with the brunette. Was he and Cathy sure that they were in the right place? He was pretty sure it was the right place, they arrived together and he trusted Cathy on this, she was smart enough to know where they were going because otherwise she wouldn't be the Cathy he knew today. He should know, he knew her since the first year of Hogwarts and they have been dating for around four years. He wanted to come inside but he had to wait until she comes here with something she forgot at home, and there she fortunately arrived. Oh thank God.

Given about their height differences, Jean lowered his head letting her kiss him on the cheek in greeting. He smiled and told her, just after she apologized to Bella about her late arrival "Don't worry, you arrive just in time, actually." He removed his military cap, revealing his dark red hair, then he put it inside his vintage messenger bag. He let her hug his arm and lean on him; Among the people whom he wouldn't mind if they touched, in which the list was rather short, Cathy was pretty much one of the people on said list. "To be candid, I kinda miss you, Firebolt" He let out a warm chuckle and gently placed his hand on one of hers. And yes, he did sometimes call his girlfriend "Firebolt", but then the creative the names the sweeter it would be, he would say. Besides, Cathy was really a great Quidditch Chaser to begin with. "Apology accepted, though. S'gonna be a bummer if something we put effort's left behind, right?" He jokingly replied but then it was kind of true, as there were times in which the things he gathered in his work turned out to be useless to the case.

He gave a friendly wave at his workmate Ronna and someone who he assumed to be her husband, though Jean did not think he could recall the man's name. And well, maybe he should try to consider meeting the brunette hostess while Dani wasn't around yet, maybe that wouldn't make things awkward for him considering he didn't think they have met before. "Um, I know it's weird for me to be here since we've never met but anyway, my name is Jean. Jean Windsor." He gave Bella an awkward smile, "S'nice to meet you..." And just in time, Dani arrived, and he thought it has been a long time since he saw an old friend aside from Eli who he was sharing a flat with.

═════════════════════════ .⌘. ═╝

Hey young blood, doesn't it feel like our time is running out?xxx
                                                      I'm gonna change you like a remix, then I'll raise you like a phoenixxxx
                                                      Wearing our vintage misery-- No, I think it looked a little better on mexxx
                                                      I'm gonna change you like a remix, then I'll raise you like a phoenixxxx

═════════════════════════════════════════════════════
                                                      ᴡɪᴛʜ [Cathy] ᴀᴛ [Dani and Bella's flat]

Dating Cathaline League Attire Theme Song

< Out.Of.Canvas >

out of character

mc2
kiska166

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 5:01 pm
User Image
xVeronica Kiss-Walshxxxxx
xxxx

Looking: to save the world
------------------------------------------------------------------------xx
                                              Ronna felt that it was an indication she was getting older when the thought to protest Toby's arm wrapped around her waist did not cross her mind. They were married now and had two kids. It was funny how life turned out. As she knocked more gathered, some familiar faces some not so much. As they were let in she admired the cleanness of the kitchen and felt it was very much like Danica to not leave anything out of place.

Ronna smiled when asked about the kids and said, "They're a handful but they are doing good. Thankfully Toby has a big family that is more than willing to watch them every now and again for us. You should come over and see them. They are getting big so quick it feels like."

Her attention was torn away from Rosabella for a moment as her younger brother (half brother) joined the group and met Dani, happily showering her with praise and kissing her cheek. Where he learned his cheesy pick up lines, Ronna always wondered but it made her thankful not to have gotten to know their mother or his dad any better than she already had. Her mother wouldn't even know she was a grandmother if it wasn't for the fact Andy let it slip once to her. Ronna had changed her number the moment her mother had called asking to see the babies. No, the cow hadn't earned the right to be a grandmother. The only grandmother they needed was Cora Walsh in Ronna's opinion. She wasn't sure that Toby agreed but he seemed smart enough not to argue the matter with her.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

{OoC: }
                                              kiska166

The Forgotten Weasley

shabatha

Devlyn Maycry
                                              The Shiny Furret

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

The Shiny Furret

Merry Muse

4,950 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 9:01 pm
User Image
User Image
𝓈𝑒𝒶𝓂𝓈𝓉𝓇𝑒𝓈𝓈 𝒶𝓅𝓅𝓇𝑒𝓃𝓉𝒾𝒸𝑒 𝑔𝓇𝓎𝒻𝒻𝒾𝓃𝒹𝑜𝓇 𝒶𝓁𝓊𝓂𝓃𝒶

Tori waited outside, even as Bella opened the door and let the others in. She turned to give her friend a smile, nodding to say she would be in soon. When she turned back around, she was surprised to see Jayden suddenly there, taking her containers of food for her. "Oh, hi Jayden! Thank you for taking those for me," she said, grinning gleefully. He was such a gentleman! Tori's heart nearly beat right out of her chest when he kissed her cheek. "Thank you, Jay, I thought the black and white was a bit different than my usual style." Sighing, clearly dazed, the blonde led the way towards the front of the house, opening the door for her date, since he had his hands full of food and drinks and such. "What kind of drinks did you bring, Jay? Tasty ones, I hope!" Tori figured, being the youngest one at the party, that everyone else had brought alcoholic drinks. She had never had alcohol before, and secretly wondered what the drinks would taste like.

I can't help it if I make a scene, stepping out of my hot pink limousine. I'm turning heads and I'm stopping traffic.
                                                      When I pose, they scream and when I joke, they laugh. I've got a pair of eyes that they're getting lost in.
                                                      They're hypnotized by my way of walking. I've got them dazzled like a stage magician.
                                                      When I point, they look, and when I talk, they listen. Well, everybody needs a friend,
                                                      And I got you and you and you. So many, I can't even name them, can you blame me? I'm too famous.
                                                      Haven't you noticed that I'm a star? I'm coming into view as the world is turning.
                                                      Haven't you noticed I've made it this far? Now, everyone can see me burning.

x x x x

OOC: . . .

Devlyn Maycry

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2016 7:58 am
In the morning it comes; Heaven sent a hurricane.
Not a trace of the sun, but I don't even run from rain.
Beating out of my chest, my heart is holding on to you...
From the moment I knew you are the air in my breath;
Filling up my love soaked lungs, such a beautiful mess!
Intertwined and overrun, nothing better than this-
And then the storm can come; you feel just like the sun.

User Image
T O B I A S
P H I L E M O N
W A L S H

Dragon Research & Restraint BureauHalfblood Twin & FatherFormer Gryffindor

Toby visibly brightened when asked about the kids; it struck him as funny that he was so happy to ramble on about them when he was also so happy to have a night away from them, but that was probably just a parenting thing. "Tally'll be two in September, and Tara's about to celebrate her first birthday, so we'll have to invite everyone over to my parents's or something for that." Knowing his younger daughter, she wouldn't just smash the cake, she'd throw it at someone, probably him or her mother. Tally was a wild child, but Tara was a little hellion, and Toby couldn't say that he wasn't proud, although he was now beginning to understand just how much s**t he'd put his parents through. He offered a wave and a grin to Dani as she came into the kitchen, and Andy walked in, immediately making a beeline for her. He was still congratulating himself on the fact that those two were dating. So long as they didn't end up knocked up soon and make him feel even older. Toby was still half convinced Dani was sixteen.

OOC:
mc2

kiska166

And if you say we'll be alright, I'm gonna trust you, babe.
I'm gonna look in your eyes, and I'll follow you into the light.
Never mind what I knew, nothing seems to matter now;
No one knows where it ends, how it may come tumbling down...
But I'm here with you now; let the world come rush in-
Come down hard, come crushing, all I need is right here beside me.
I'm not enough, I swear it, but take my love and wear it over your shoulders.

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100

Devlyn Maycry

Obsessive Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2016 11:02 am
███████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░░░░
xxxxxxxxJ A Y D E N D R I C K S O N

Unemployed ◆ Gryffindor Alumnus ◆ Pure Blood

User Image

Nobody thinks what I think,
                                                              Nobody dreams when they blink
                                                              Think things on the brink of blasphemy
                                                              I'm my own shrink
                                                              Think things are after me, my catastrophe
                                                              I'm a kitchen sink,

Jayden chuckled at her girly grinning and dazed look. He enjoyed that even now he had that affect on her when he'd been hanging around her now for.... almost 2 years. Wow. It didn't feel that long.. and he still hadn't gotten her to commit to just him! What the heck! He would have to try harder! "Thanks gorgeous." He murmured as she held the door open for him and he entered. He wasn't sure where to put the food down or anything so he just awkwardly stood there waiting for Tori or one of her friends to direct him.

At her question of drinks he smirked. Finally spotting at table he set Tori's food containers on it and then opened his backpack and handed her a margarita bottle before taking on himself and setting the rest on the table as well. "Why don't you try one and find out?" He said with a wink, before laughing and shaking his head. "They're margaritas of course!" He said, before popping his open and taking a sip. It was nice to be legally allowed to drink... not that the law had stopped him as a kid. Tori he was sure it had though. She was always such a good girl. "And I promise they are tasty little dove."

░░░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███████
                                                              ooc:

Are you searching for purpose?
                                                              Then write something, yeah it might be worthless
                                                              Then paint something then, it might be wordless
                                                              Pointless curses, nonsense verses
                                                              You'll see purpose start to surface

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2016 2:14 pm
User Image
User Image
𝓈𝑒𝒶𝓂𝓈𝓉𝓇𝑒𝓈𝓈 𝒶𝓅𝓅𝓇𝑒𝓃𝓉𝒾𝒸𝑒 𝑔𝓇𝓎𝒻𝒻𝒾𝓃𝒹𝑜𝓇 𝒶𝓁𝓊𝓂𝓃𝒶

Tori followed Jayden inside, closing the door behind her. She waved at the other guests, recognizing most of them from school. Even though they were all older than her, a lot of them had been in Gryffindor with her, at least for a few years. Some of them she wasn't too familiar with, like the boy with Dani. She didn't recognize him at all. Jay set her food down on the table, so she moved to open up the containers and set them out for people to grab a snack and move along with their party agendas. "You have to try these mini Shepard Pies my mom made for us all. They are to die for!" Anyone who knew Tori knew she loved to snack, and her mother's cooking was definitely her favorite. Of course, she wasn't great at cooking herself, since she always had someone else to do it for her. On multiple occasions, while staying over at a friend's house, she would get lost in the kitchen while looking for something to drink, often finding something interesting to gawk at. Not toasters though. She knew what those were for! "Margaritas, huh? That does sound pretty good," she said as Jayden handed her a bottle. Tori opened it, carefully as to not break a nail or hurt her hand, and sniffed it. The drink smelled like citrus and limes. She liked limes, they had a pretty color. Smiling, the blonde took a big drink from the bottle, swallowing only to go into a coughing fit. The alcohol was a bit stronger than she thought it would be, but the lime taste was quite refreshing, once she got past the tequila. "That.. was a better idea... in my head..." she manged to say between coughs.

I can't help it if I make a scene, stepping out of my hot pink limousine. I'm turning heads and I'm stopping traffic.
                                                      When I pose, they scream and when I joke, they laugh. I've got a pair of eyes that they're getting lost in.
                                                      They're hypnotized by my way of walking. I've got them dazzled like a stage magician.
                                                      When I point, they look, and when I talk, they listen. Well, everybody needs a friend,
                                                      And I got you and you and you. So many, I can't even name them, can you blame me? I'm too famous.
                                                      Haven't you noticed that I'm a star? I'm coming into view as the world is turning.
                                                      Haven't you noticed I've made it this far? Now, everyone can see me burning.

x x x x

OOC: . . .

Devlyn Maycry

The Shiny Furret

Merry Muse

4,950 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2016 9:04 pm
User Image

Alarms will ring for eternity
                                                The waves will break every chain on me
                                                My bones will bleach
                                                My flesh will flee
                                                So help my lifeless frame to breathe

User Image

════════════════════════

Apprentice Healer || Gʀʏғғɪɴᴅᴏʀ Aʟᴜᴍɴɪ || Hᴀʟғ-Bʟᴏᴏᴅ

════════════════════════

Dani made a point to greet everyone whom arrived with a hug, and she couldn't help eyeing Tori's mini-shepherd pies with interest, and the margaritas. Thanks to her father, she never acquired an interest in beer, the smell alone turned her off, and she was okay with her friends drinking so long as they weren't planning to fly or (heaven forbid) Apparate home afterward. She saw quite a few splinching mishaps at work, she didn't want to be the hostess for any tonight. Upon seeing the brass cricket Cathy brought, Dani told Bella, "All right, Bella, it's official now. We have a home now."

Just listening to Veronica talk about her children made Dani feel like maybe someday ...maybe she might be able to see herself having children, but that wouldn't be for a long while yet.

When Andy arrived and kissed her on the cheek, she hugged him in return and kissed him. With a soft laugh and a smile she replied, "Well, you look absolutely dapper yourself, there. I missed you."

mc2

kiska166

════════════════════════

OOC:

And God knows I'm not dying but I bleed now
                                                And God knows it's the only way to heal now
                                                With all the blood I lost with you
                                                It drowns the love I thought I knew

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2021 12:14 pm
User Image

╔══════════════════════════════════╗
                                                Rosabella Winthrop
                                                Gryffindor Alumna - Thirty Nine - Muggleborn - Seer - St. Mungo's Welcome Witch
                                                ╚══════════════════════════════════╝

Rosabella had invited Danica over for dinner after work one evening. Once they had Floo’d into the home, Bella quickly excused herself to change out of her work clothes and into an outfit more appropriate for the summer heat, but not before Molly, Tiny and Osiris rushed to greet the women. “Want a glass of wine?” Bella offered, pulling out an unopened bottle of Chardonnay from the fridge before they got started on dinner. Tonight’s menu would be roasted chicken thighs and legs, quinoa (we stan a power food), and a vegetable salad. By her calculations, they would be able to finish making dinner around the same time that Andrea would be getting home from work, and Gaspard... well, he was probably out playing with the neighbourhood kids, but he was a good kid and knew when to be home for dinner. Rosabella pulled out the chicken and placed each piece in a baking dish before drizzling the pieces with olive oil. “What are the kids and Andy up to tonight?” she asked curiously. Bella’s dinner invite extended out to Dani’s family, but she decided she’d come alone to have girl time.

((OOC: Quoted Murrue since Andrea & Gaspard were mentioned))

Graydon Ironshield
murruelecreuset

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2021 2:18 pm
User Image
Danica Quinn-Smith
Gryffindor AlumnusHealer at St. Mungo'sProud Mother of TwoMarried to Andrew Smith

It had been a while since Dani and Bella had the chance to have an evening where they could simply bond together. Between her duties at St. Mungo's, raising two kids and all the things going on with her husband at his place of work, days and nights seemed to pass in a mad whirl. As it happened there was an evening which opened up where the two old friends could get the chance to relax and unwind away from work. Dani took the oppourtunity to get out of her work clothes and slide on a pair of jeans, and a loose, comfortable Holyhead Harpies tee-shirt for the evening, as it was rather warm, before they Floo'd to the house.

"Sure," she replied to Bella's offer of a glass of wine, as she set the bag down with the makings of dessert on the counter. Though it had been upwards of a dozen years since she'd lived there, the house still felt like home, but then she'd been over to see Bella and Andrea many times in the years since she married Andy. Of course, she and her own family lived not all that far from here, so the kids had grown up knowing each other.

Knowing the layout of Bella and Andrea's kitchen as well as she knew her own, Dani located a glass baking dish and a bowl, so she could start assembling the berry cobbler for dessert, something relatively light and summery to complement dinner, while the vanilla ice cream went into the freezer.

When asked about Andy and the kids' dinner plans, Dani smiled and chuckled softly, before answering, "Oh, knowing Andy, it'll be Chinese take-away, assuming Ron and Anna don't convince him to order pizza and garlic bread instead." As she was washing the berries off in the sink, Dani smiled, and said, 'Speaking of the kids, guess what Ron found up in the attic?"

OOC:
kiska166

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2021 3:26 pm
User Image

╔══════════════════════════════════╗
                                                Rosabella Winthrop
                                                Gryffindor Alumna - Thirty Nine - Muggleborn - Seer - St. Mungo's Welcome Witch
                                                ╚══════════════════════════════════╝

Rosabella reached into her cupboard and pulled out two wine glasses for herself and Danica. Once filled, she slid one of the glasses over to her friend and sipped from her own. Nostalgia had only slightly hit Bella since she and Dani used to have many wine nights when they were roommates in this very home. However, Dani had been over so many times since moving out and marrying Andrew that having her over no longer reminded her too much of when they lived together. The seer had also visited her friend at her home many times and had gotten close with not only Andy, but Ronald and Brianna also viewed Bella as sort of their aunt who wasn’t related to them, or at least she liked to think so. Since both families lived near each other, they all seemed to have gotten to know each other pretty well. Rosabella was also thankful that there had never been any jealousy on Andrea’s part for her having Dani as her best friend... not that there should have been since Dani was straight and married to a man. But some women were nuts.

Rosabella eyed the ingredients that Danica was mixing in the glass baking dish before she continued with chopping up vegetables. “Dinner isn’t even ready yet, and I already can’t wait for dessert,” she commented, fully aware that they also had a tub of vanilla ice cream to go along with the berry cobbler. “Mm yum. Chinese take-away also sounds really good right about now. Or pizza and garlic bread. Wow, am I hungry.” The Welcome Witch was also very sporty and ate healthy for the most part, so she didn’t eat comfort foods like pizza very often. She also didn’t crave them very often since she hadn’t let herself give into those types of cravings since she was a teenager. The brunette looked up at her blonde friend when she mentioned that Ronald had found something in the attic. “No idea. What?” she asked curiously.

((OOC: Outfit in left picture))

Graydon Ironshield

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2021 4:15 pm
User Image
Danica Quinn-Smith
Gryffindor AlumnusHealer at St. Mungo'sProud Mother of TwoMarried to Andrew Smith

Dani smiled, and commented, "Hmmm, this is Aunt Bella's cobbler recipe, she'd make it for me when I came home from school." She, of course, was referring to her Aunt Arabella, who'd taken her in after her family, the Stewarts, basically disowned her. She always had to explain this to the kids, since they also called Rosabella 'Aunt Bella', and it was easy to get them confused. "First nights home from Hogwarts, I knew she'd have this waiting for me. Tonight just seemed like a perfect night to make it again." As she talked, she was preparing the crust, which she always made from scratch.

Noting Bella's reaction to the idea of Chinese food, Dani glanced toward what Bella was already doing, and suggested, "Well, if you'd rather do Chinese, we can always do the chicken and the vegetables up as a stir-fry and serve it over the quinoa." Dani smiled, and said after a moment, "Besides, you know Andy; he only cooks if he has to, and the pizza shop down the road does makes an insanely good deep-dish pizza." As a rule, Dani was careful about how she cooked for the kids, making things as healthy and flavourful as possible; however, even she was prone to making comfort food on occasions just because the mood struck her or Andy.

When Bella asked about what Ronald found, Dani gave her a friend a smile and a chuckle, and she said, "He found my old school trunk, and my Quidditch gear. I didn't know anything was up until I spotted him running around outside wearing my helmet and robes, and pretending he was flying on a broomstick."

OOC:
kiska166

Private Homes

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas