Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply Entrepreneurs (Broommakers, Wandmakers, etc.)
Entrepreneur Basics and Information (Apply Here) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:24 pm
Yukina101
Entrepreneur / Business Owner Application

Hello, my name is Casmir Lyon

I am 35 years old at time of application.

I am a(n) Dancer and Dance Instructor

My business is called Hidden Talents

I provide dance classes and tutorials

It is a magical & muggle business.

It is located in Cheshire, England

How did I come into this business? Well... I have always toyed with the idea of starting my own studio but always placed it on the back burner since I figured that I either wouldn't have the money or the time to make it into fruition. So after moving from the US and renovating my home, I worked as a full-time arithmancer for money while still doing some dance on the side. Mostly weekends and occasional weeknights if additional pay was good. Eventually, after being propositioned many times from many people including fellow dancers, I looked at my statements and armed with my savings went looking for a decently sized building and miraculously found one. I aim to have classes from beginning to advanced and offer a wide range of different dance styles and is ecstatic for another change.

The things I love about this business are Children being excited to dance, seeing faces light up when they practice a move correctly, dance recitals, being able to dance as my job again, how close it is to my home.

The things I despise about this business are Helicopter parents, parents being disturbed that I'm male and teach ballet, dance recitals, primadonna 's in the beginner classes, primadonna's in general if I'm being honest.

Oh yes, there's something else I need to tell you! At the moment since I'm the primary teacher, I can only teach what I know which rounds off to ballet, expressionist, hip-hop, and hiplet.

I acknowledge that any magical & muggle business must be separated as to not breach the Statute of Secrecy.

Signed,
Casmir Lyon

Cara MiaKitty

Accepted!  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2020 3:56 pm

Hello, my name is Aeryn Quinlan

I am 19 years old at time of application.

I am a broommaker & designer

My business is called AQ Broom Design

I provide brooms designed with ergonomics in mind. Brooms can be custom designed for flyers with disabilities, those that are too large or small for typical broom sizing. Brooms can be made for Quidditch or travel, depending on the needs of the buyer. There are also attachments for existing brooms, including harnesses, stirrups, and hand grips.

It is a magical business.

It is located in Glasgow, Scotland

How did I come into this business? Well... I've started it myself, converting the little backyard shed into a small workshop.

The things I love about this business are:

> Assisting people that want to fly
> Creating helpful modifications to improve quality of life
> Making design blueprints
> Forcing Convincing my friends to product test
> Getting custom orders and finding a way to make it work

The things I despise about this business are:

> Deadlines
> Splinters
> Negotiations with Shop Owners
> Finding places to product test
> How many spells are needed to make the broom fly safely

I acknowledge that any magical & muggle business must be separated as to not breach the Statute of Secrecy.

Signed,
Aeryn Quinlan  

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2020 10:37 pm

Hello, my name is Colten Lambert

I am a(n) Bird Watcher

My business is called n/a

I provide Photographs & knowledge of different species of birds

It is located in London, England

How did I come into this business? Well... I decided from a young age that I loved birds. So much so I knew I wanted to work with them. As such I quickly took up watching birds and later on photographing them. Upon graduating I thought long and hard about what capacity I wanted to work with birds. Thus turning to bird watching as a full time job. Hopefully it's all I'll need for a while.

The things I love about this business are Watching birds, Taking pictures, Being outside all day, Seeing babies, and Spotting a rare species.

The things I despise about this business are Nocturnal bird hunting, Bug bites, When it rains, It's not much of a paying job, and When I miss the perfect shot.

Oh yes, there's something else I need to tell you! That's everything.

Signed,
Colten Lambert  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2020 10:29 pm
Hello, my name is Vernova Saylor.

I am 28 years old at time of application.

I am a lawyer (mostly criminal law)

My business is called Saylor Law Firm

I provide legal services to act as a defense attorney to those in criminal cases.

How did I come into this business? Well... I started working at another firm while saving up. As soon as I found an office space for rent, I jumped on it, applying for my official business license as well, making sure everything was on the legal up-and-up.

>Helping those that need it most
>Shouting "objection!" (it's just so fun)
>Winning cases
>Better control over hours and cases compared to being employed at a firm
>Getting to satisfy my creative side while still doing good.

The things I despise about this business are

>Losing Cases
>Idiot Clients
>Having to keep up with all aspects of business... alone
>Paperwork everywhere
>Wearing suits every day

Signed,
Vernova M. Saylor  

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2020 8:38 am
Entrepreneur Assistant Skeleton

Hello, my name is Annie or Annabella Clodagh Sheehan if you need my full name.

I am 18 years old at time of application.

I would like to work at the Historian Office

I am a Historian

The things I love about this business are
1. To be in contact with so many wonderful pieces of work
2. To have the freedom to imagine the stories behind the artifacts I work with
3. The smell of old books that come in
4. To be able to teach the world about information once lost to most
5. The peacefulness of the office

I don't despise anything! I suppose I do dislike:
1. Not being outside more during my working hours
2. When I breath in a gulp of dust from an artifact still needing cleaned
3. Because the work is so careful sometimes it can feel tedious
4. I don't get to work with people as much as I want to
5. The business location being a bit away from my mom and Oliver, my stepdad. I miss my family sometimes because of that.

Oh yes, there's something else I need to tell you! I am an artist and writer too so I love to incorporate what I learn and discover into stories for children so they can experience the joy I experienced in discovering/learning the story first!

Signed,
Annabella Clodagh Sheehan

Diamond Wales

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2020 6:44 pm
Miss GryffindorK

Hello, my name is Aeryn Quinlan

I am a broommaker & designer

My business is called AQ Broom Design

I provide brooms designed with ergonomics in mind. Brooms can be custom designed for flyers with disabilities, those that are too large or small for typical broom sizing. Brooms can be made for Quidditch or travel, depending on the needs of the buyer. There are also attachments for existing brooms, including harnesses, stirrups, and hand grips.

How did I come into this business? Well... I've started it myself, converting the little backyard shed into a small workshop.

> Assisting people that want to fly
> Creating helpful modifications to improve quality of life
> Making design blueprints
> Forcing Convincing my friends to product test
> Getting custom orders and finding a way to make it work

The things I despise about this business are:

> Deadlines
> Splinters
> Negotiations with Shop Owners
> Finding places to product test
> How many spells are needed to make the broom fly safely

Signed,
Aeryn Quinlan

Accepted!  

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2020 6:44 pm
murruelecreuset

Hello, my name is Colten Lambert

I am a(n) Bird Watcher

My business is called n/a

I provide Photographs & knowledge of different species of birds

It is located in London, England

How did I come into this business? Well... I decided from a young age that I loved birds. So much so I knew I wanted to work with them. As such I quickly took up watching birds and later on photographing them. Upon graduating I thought long and hard about what capacity I wanted to work with birds. Thus turning to bird watching as a full time job. Hopefully it's all I'll need for a while.

The things I love about this business are Watching birds, Taking pictures, Being outside all day, Seeing babies, and Spotting a rare species.

The things I despise about this business are Nocturnal bird hunting, Bug bites, When it rains, It's not much of a paying job, and When I miss the perfect shot.

Oh yes, there's something else I need to tell you! That's everything.

Signed,
Colten Lambert

Accepted!  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2020 6:45 pm
Miss GryffindorK
Hello, my name is Vernova Saylor.

I am 28 years old at time of application.

I am a lawyer (mostly criminal law)

My business is called Saylor Law Firm

I provide legal services to act as a defense attorney to those in criminal cases.

How did I come into this business? Well... I started working at another firm while saving up. As soon as I found an office space for rent, I jumped on it, applying for my official business license as well, making sure everything was on the legal up-and-up.

>Helping those that need it most
>Shouting "objection!" (it's just so fun)
>Winning cases
>Better control over hours and cases compared to being employed at a firm
>Getting to satisfy my creative side while still doing good.

>Losing Cases
>Idiot Clients
>Having to keep up with all aspects of business... alone
>Paperwork everywhere
>Wearing suits every day

Signed,
Vernova M. Saylor

Accepted!  

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

addaellis

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2021 10:52 pm
mc2

Hello, my name is Annie or Annabella Clodagh Sheehan if you need my full name.

I would like to work at the Historian Office

I am a Historian

The things I love about this business are
1. To be in contact with so many wonderful pieces of work
2. To have the freedom to imagine the stories behind the artifacts I work with
3. The smell of old books that come in
4. To be able to teach the world about information once lost to most
5. The peacefulness of the office

I don't despise anything! I suppose I do dislike:
1. Not being outside more during my working hours
2. When I breath in a gulp of dust from an artifact still needing cleaned
3. Because the work is so careful sometimes it can feel tedious
4. I don't get to work with people as much as I want to
5. The business location being a bit away from my mom and Oliver, my stepdad. I miss my family sometimes because of that.

Oh yes, there's something else I need to tell you! I am an artist and writer too so I love to incorporate what I learn and discover into stories for children so they can experience the joy I experienced in discovering/learning the story first!

Signed,
Annabella Clodagh Sheehan

Accepted!  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2021 11:48 pm

Hello, my name is Tristan Lovette

I would like to apprentice under Niall Hughes

I am a Mind Healer-in-Training

The things I love about this business are getting to help people, learning more about how the human mind works, doing something that feels meaningful, working in a structured environment that still leaves room to improvise, meeting all kinds of people

The things I despise about this business are sometimes the clients are legitimately terrible and I kind of hate them, it's a lot of emotional and mental labor, I tend to take my work home with me on the rougher cases, scheduling can be brutal, and sometimes I feel like I can't actually do anything to help

Oh yes, there's something else I need to tell you! I fully intend to bring my guitar to sessions once I start actually doing work with clients myself, and yes I will sing, and yes they will like it.

Signed,
Tristan Lovette

Yukina101

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2021 12:06 pm
MJ Spooks

Hello, my name is Tristan Lovette

I would like to apprentice under Niall Hughes

I am a Mind Healer-in-Training

The things I love about this business are getting to help people, learning more about how the human mind works, doing something that feels meaningful, working in a structured environment that still leaves room to improvise, meeting all kinds of people

The things I despise about this business are sometimes the clients are legitimately terrible and I kind of hate them, it's a lot of emotional and mental labor, I tend to take my work home with me on the rougher cases, scheduling can be brutal, and sometimes I feel like I can't actually do anything to help

Oh yes, there's something else I need to tell you! I fully intend to bring my guitar to sessions once I start actually doing work with clients myself, and yes I will sing, and yes they will like it.

Signed,
Tristan Lovette

Yukina101

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Hired!  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2021 9:11 pm

Hello, my name is Ridley Lovell

I am 22 years old at time of application.

I am a(n) record producer/talent agent

My business is called Riddle Me Records

I provide talent scouting, financial backing, and legal aid to aspiring musicians.

It is a magical and muggle business.

How did I come into this business? Well... My mother owns a music store in Diagon Alley, and my dad comes from muggle business empire. My closest friend growing up was my dad's best friend's son Chance, who always wanted to be a musician. I'm not a musician myself, but I'm very immersed in the culture, so of course I wanted to put my business-minded self to work in the industry. It's been my dream for basically half my life to own my own label, and for Chance to be my first contract. Of course, I had family support, financially, but I worked for my family through my teen years and post-grad to "earn" the bulk of it so that I could feel like I did it mostly on my own.

The things I love about this business are getting to scout for new talent, getting to hear new music before anyone else does, not having a boss I have to answer to, getting to help make people's dreams come true, and getting to strike out on my own to fulfill a dream.

The things I despise about this business are when you're looking for new talent, you hear a lot of really, really bad music. Doing everything myself until I can afford to hire more people is exhausting. I'm probably going to be deaf by the time I'm 40. Sometimes even if the music is good, it's not really my scene, but I still have to listen to it. And, when you're recording a new song, you have to listen to it over. and over. and over again. until it is burned into your skull.

Oh yes, there's something else I need to tell you! I will only be signing magical or magic-adjacent people (such as the siblings of muggleborns) to avoid breaking the SoS. However, albums that don't themselves break the SoS with content (lyrics about real magic) may be sold to muggles, depending on the artist's preferences.

Signed,
Ridley Lovell

Diamond Wales

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2021 9:01 pm
MJ Spooks

Hello, my name is Ridley Lovell

I am 22 years old at time of application.

I am a(n) record producer/talent agent

My business is called Riddle Me Records

I provide talent scouting, financial backing, and legal aid to aspiring musicians.

It is a magical and muggle business.

How did I come into this business? Well... My mother owns a music store in Diagon Alley, and my dad comes from muggle business empire. My closest friend growing up was my dad's best friend's son Chance, who always wanted to be a musician. I'm not a musician myself, but I'm very immersed in the culture, so of course I wanted to put my business-minded self to work in the industry. It's been my dream for basically half my life to own my own label, and for Chance to be my first contract. Of course, I had family support, financially, but I worked for my family through my teen years and post-grad to "earn" the bulk of it so that I could feel like I did it mostly on my own.

The things I love about this business are getting to scout for new talent, getting to hear new music before anyone else does, not having a boss I have to answer to, getting to help make people's dreams come true, and getting to strike out on my own to fulfill a dream.

The things I despise about this business are when you're looking for new talent, you hear a lot of really, really bad music. Doing everything myself until I can afford to hire more people is exhausting. I'm probably going to be deaf by the time I'm 40. Sometimes even if the music is good, it's not really my scene, but I still have to listen to it. And, when you're recording a new song, you have to listen to it over. and over. and over again. until it is burned into your skull.

Oh yes, there's something else I need to tell you! I will only be signing magical or magic-adjacent people (such as the siblings of muggleborns) to avoid breaking the SoS. However, albums that don't themselves break the SoS with content (lyrics about real magic) may be sold to muggles, depending on the artist's preferences.

Signed,
Ridley Lovell

Diamond Wales

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Accepted!  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2022 5:40 pm

Hello, my name is Aspen Hill

I am 20 years old at time of application.

I am a(n) youth educator/camp counselor

My business is called MagiScouts

I provide education in the fields of herbology, magical creatures, and basic intros to other subjects, alongside skills with camping, arts and crafts, and basic survival skills. I can also help parents with jobs take care of kids that may be off school or tutoring by hosting day camps.

It is located in Diagon Alley has our headquartered office for now

How did I come into this business? Well... I had a dream, worked out a bunch of logistics alongside my friend Wren, who used the Winchester Foundation for Education to help fund the start-up costs for the business.

The things I love about this business are getting to help kids, working in nature, learning new survival skills, watching kids be their weird selves, and helping those that may not be magical or otherwise would be passed up for cool opportunities

The things I despise about this business are when scouts run off and get lost, kids not paying attention to instructions, trusting kids with fire, not having enough hands, and not being able to help everyone

Oh yes, there's something else I need to tell you! The office is mostly for paperwork and parent interviews, but is also a meeting ground for trips. Otherwise, we're out in nature.

Signed,
π’œπ“ˆπ“…π‘’π“ƒ ℬ𝑒𝓁𝓁𝑒 ℋ𝒾𝓁𝓁

MJ Spooks

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2022 8:38 pm
Cinnabun Gryffie

Hello, my name is Aspen Hill

I am 20 years old at time of application.

I am a(n) youth educator/camp counselor

My business is called MagiScouts

I provide education in the fields of herbology, magical creatures, and basic intros to other subjects, alongside skills with camping, arts and crafts, and basic survival skills. I can also help parents with jobs take care of kids that may be off school or tutoring by hosting day camps.

It is located in Diagon Alley has our headquartered office for now

How did I come into this business? Well... I had a dream, worked out a bunch of logistics alongside my friend Wren, who used the Winchester Foundation for Education to help fund the start-up costs for the business.

The things I love about this business are getting to help kids, working in nature, learning new survival skills, watching kids be their weird selves, and helping those that may not be magical or otherwise would be passed up for cool opportunities

The things I despise about this business are when scouts run off and get lost, kids not paying attention to instructions, trusting kids with fire, not having enough hands, and not being able to help everyone

Oh yes, there's something else I need to tell you! The office is mostly for paperwork and parent interviews, but is also a meeting ground for trips. Otherwise, we're out in nature.

Signed,
π’œπ“ˆπ“…π‘’π“ƒ ℬ𝑒𝓁𝓁𝑒 ℋ𝒾𝓁𝓁

MJ Spooks

Approved!  
Entrepreneurs (Broommakers, Wandmakers, etc.)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games