Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply The United Kingdom
United Kingdom Hospitals Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2016 6:45 pm
United Kingdom Hospitals

User Image

This thread serves as a generic location marker for any and all Muggle hospitals located in England, Ireland, Scotland, and Wales. Roleplayers are welcome to use it in the event that a character find themselves needing the services of such.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 8:49 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
------c l α í r є------w í l s σ n------

♫ Honesty ♪
♫ Is what you need ♪
♫ It sets you free ♪
♫ Like someone to save you ♪

------ғoυrтн----чєαr----нυғғlepυғғ------

It was all too much to take in for Vonnie, so she just focused on the drive, going as fast as she could without putting them in danger. Traffic laws be damned. As soon as she parked the car, Claire tore from it, running to the hospital as fast as her weary legs could carry her. The officers had told her that Rider had been taken to the emergency room as soon as she'd been discovered. Somehow, despite the wreckage, she'd been found mostly unharmed, as if protected by a magic field. Running up to the desk, she blurted out, "Rider Wilson! Where is she?" Vonnie came into the hospital behind her and wrapped her arm around Claire's shoulder. "I'm her aunt and this is her sister. Please...." That please was more for a hope of good news. The nurse typed fast, then said, "She's in the Intensive Care Unit, just moved out of surgery. It's..." She started to give directions, but Claire was already turning to leave. She could follow the signs. Vonnie followed after her, assuming that Lyall was following behind them. Rider, we're coming, Claire thought to herself, clinging desperately to the thought that her sister would be alright.

♫ Let it go ♪
♫ But hurry now ♪
♫ There's undertow ♪
♫ And I don't want to lose you now ♪

------σ u t----σ f----c h α r α c t є r------

{...}

Miss GryffindorK

-

SummerIsles

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 9:45 pm
User ImageUser Image

𝐻𝑒𝒶𝓁𝑒𝓇𝒜𝓃𝒾𝓂𝒶𝑔𝓊𝓈𝐻𝓊𝒻𝒻𝓁𝑒𝓅𝓊𝒻𝒻 𝒜𝓁𝓊𝓂𝓃𝓊𝓈

Lyall felt the car halt, then watched both the ladies dart out. He grabbed all the bags and hurried after, missing the issue at the counter. He just watched Claire turn and run, followed by Vonnie. He nodded toward the receptionist, then questioned further. It didn't seem like Claire had thought to grab room numbers. Once equipped with knowledge and the directions, he took off after the girls. It took a second before he caught up, the man wheezing again. "Take.. a left, then go past the pediatrics ER... then a right. End of that hall is the ICU waiting lobby." He took a deep breath, then started running down the hall, following his directions. Finally, they arrived at a small lobby. There were a few people, most of whom looked nervous. They were going to join the party. Lyall set their bags down and walked to the counter. "We're here to see Rider Wilson? Room.... 37C? That's what the help desk lady told us." He looked at the man, who nodded and asked for identification to protect the patients. After he was cleared, Lyall pinned the guest badge to his sweater, then handed one to Claire. "You ready to see Rider? We have to walk and be at least somewhat careful in the ICU. Don't want to disturb anyone, particularly at this hour." He looked over at Vonnie, allowing the woman to step forward and lead the way. He didn't mind standing back to hold the bags.

I'ᴍ ᴏɴʟʏ ᴏɴᴇ ᴄᴀʟʟ ᴀᴡᴀʏ. I'ʟʟ ʙᴇ ᴛʜᴇʀᴇ ᴛᴏ sᴀᴠᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ᴅᴀʏ
Sᴜᴘᴇʀᴍᴀɴ ɢᴏᴛ ɴᴏᴛʜɪɴɢ ᴏɴ ᴍᴇ. I'ᴍ ᴏɴʟʏ ᴏɴᴇ ᴄᴀʟʟ ᴀᴡᴀʏ
Cᴏᴍᴇ ᴀʟᴏɴɢ ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴍᴇ ᴀɴᴅ ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ʙᴇ sᴄᴀʀᴇᴅ
I ᴊᴜsᴛ ᴡᴀɴɴᴀ sᴇᴛ ʏᴏᴜ ғʀᴇᴇ
Cᴏᴍᴇ ᴏɴ, ᴄᴏᴍᴇ ᴏɴ, ᴄᴏᴍᴇ ᴏɴ
Yᴏᴜ ᴀɴᴅ ᴍᴇ ᴄᴀɴ ᴍᴀᴋᴇ ɪᴛ ᴀɴʏᴡʜᴇʀᴇ
Fᴏʀ ɴᴏᴡ, ᴡᴇ ᴄᴀɴ sᴛᴀʏ ʜᴇʀᴇ ғᴏʀ ᴀ ᴡʜɪʟᴇ,
'Cᴀᴜsᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ᴋɴᴏᴡ,
𝐼 𝒿𝓊𝓈𝓉 𝓌𝒶𝓃𝓃𝒶 𝓈𝑒𝑒 𝓎𝑜𝓊 𝓈𝓂𝒾𝓁𝑒...

SummerIsles

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2016 9:32 pm

♫ Honesty ♪
♫ Is what you need ♪
♫ It sets you free ♪

Claire followed Lyall's directions and came to stand outside a curtained off area, listening to the sounds of the beeping coming from behind it. She glanced at Lyall, then saw the person approaching them. He asked if they were Rider's family and Claire nodded. She listened to him explain her condition. Rider had been most protected from the accident, something that was a miracle to him. Her head took a serious knocking though and they'd had to drill into her head in order to relieve the swelling. A couple of her ribs had been broken, as well as her right wrist. The girl had also been in a coma, one that she'd emerged from only moments ago. Claire's eyes filled with tears and she nodded, then pulled aside the curtain. Rider was laying on the bed, a bandage wrapped around her head. Her long hair was gone, a victim of them clearing space for drilling. Her arm was in a cast and her chest was wrapped in bandages. Stepping to Rider's bedside, Claire weakly said, "Rider?"

♫ Let it go ♪
♫ But hurry now ♪
♫ There's undertow ♪

{...}

SummerIsles

SummerIsles

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2016 9:36 pm

--------r ι d e r--------w ι l ѕ o n--------

♪ She wants to go home ♫
♪ But nobody's home ♫
♪ That's where she lies ♫
♪ Broken inside ♫

--------н υ ғ ғ l e p υ ғ ғ----a l υ м n a

She was heavily medicated and still in tons of pain, but she recognized that voice. It was one she'd been hearing the whole time she'd been in surgery. With a barely audible voice, she responded. "Claire?" Weakly, she opened her eyes and immediately winced at the lights, even though they were dim. Her vision was swimming, but she thought she saw her sister. Was this another vision fueled by the medication? Rider couldn't even tell if she was alive or dead. Everything was still unbelievable to her. She blinked again and said, "Is... is that really you?" She tried to move and that shot pain through her body, leading her to cry out in pain.

♪ With no place to go ♫
♪ No place to go ♫
♪ To dry her eyes ♫
♪ Broken inside ♫

-----------o υ т----o ғ----c н a r a c т e r-----------

{...}

Miss GryffindorK

The Shiny Furret

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2016 10:02 pm
User ImageUser Image

Lyall watched Claire slow her pace a bit, then stop outside the room that belonged to Rider. The older male placed a hand comfortingly on Claire's shoulder and looked at the doctor. He explained what happened, and what had happened to correct it. He exhaled heavily, nodding once. It was going to be difficult to see Rider, but Claire took the mantle again and walked inside the room. Rider looked a mess, but Lyall had prepared for the view. She was bandaged just about everywhere, but her eyes... her eyes betrayed her pain. Lyall tried to calm himself down, knowing he was likely about to cry. After Claire's broken tone spoke her sister's name, Rider responded... but barely. It was so quiet. Lyall set down their bags as quietly as possible, then he walked over to the young woman there. Rider asked if Claire really was there, then tried to sit up. With a gentle, but firm hand, Lyall gently lay Rider back against the pillows. "Hey now, Rider. Don't you try sitting just yet. You're alright, okay? Claire, me, and your auntie are here. Tintri's on the way to Tori's house too. You just... just try to relax, okay? We almost lost you and... I can't... I can't..." He turned his face down, tears splashing onto the thick glass before his eyes, before spilling over and down to the blankets. He kept one hand on her shoulder, but moved the other to gently hold her free hand. She had to be scared... and Claire shouldn't have to be the rock here. Neither should Shavon... so he'd take the role. Rider needed him now more than ever, and he was damn sure going to be there through it all.

'Cᴀᴜsᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ᴋɴᴏᴡ,

SummerIsles

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

SummerIsles

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2016 10:17 pm

♫ Honesty ♪
♫ Is what you need ♪
♫ It sets you free ♪

When Rider spoke her name, Claire' heart broke all over again. She could hear her sister's pain in her voice and everything in her wanted to throw herself on her sister and bawl. But Rider needed her to be strong. There would be time to cry later. When she tried to sit up and cried out in pain, she was going to try to stop her, but Lyall beat her to it. She took Rider's other hand, moving to the other side of the bed. "We're here Riri. It's going to be okay. The... the doctor said you're recovering." She sniffled but maintained the tone of her voice. She could be strong. She must be.

♫ Let it go ♪
♫ But hurry now ♪
♫ There's undertow ♪

{...}

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2016 10:20 pm

♪ She wants to go home ♫
♪ But nobody's home ♫
♪ Broken inside ♫

Rider offered no resistance when Lyall pushed her down to the pillows, since she had no strength. Her hand was moved, then the other. They were captured by her best friend and her little sister. If this was Heaven, why did it still hurt so much? And where were her parents? No, she figured, she must have survived. Then that little burst she'd felt in the shock had been her using magic. Maybe... maybe they were all in recovery? Rider grew hopeful. "M...mum? Da?" she asked, looking to Claire. But the look in the girl's eyes told Rider what she needed to know. They didn't make it. Rider wailed in pain, the sound echoing in the quiet ICU.

♪ With no place to go ♫
♪ No place to go ♫
♪ To dry her eyes ♫
♪ Broken inside ♫

{...}

Miss GryffindorK

The Shiny Furret

SummerIsles

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2016 11:11 pm
User ImageUser Image

Lyall tried to be strong for his friend, but he couldn't. All he could do was stand there and watch as she discovered the news of her parents' death. He couldn't even break the news... He would be expected to be able to break terrible news, and he couldn't do it. All he was good for was crying. Rider's wails were heartbreaking, and Lyall couldn't handle it. "R-Rider... please... you have to try and be calm.... please..." At this point, he was being selfish. He knew Rider was crying in mourning for her parents, and all he wanted was to stop hearing her cry. He couldn't handle it. He wasn't strong enough to be a protector. Rider needed someone stronger than he was, and he didn't know what to do anymore. With that, he decided to remain quiet until he gathered his thoughts. He just pet Rider's hand, trying to cry silently.

'Cᴀᴜsᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ᴋɴᴏᴡ,

SummerIsles

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2016 11:28 pm

♫ Honesty ♪
♫ Is what you need ♪
♫ It sets you free ♪

Claire wanted to tell Rider that their parents were just in the other room, both recovering from some surgery or another. But her eyes betrayed her, and Rider's wail broke Claire. She slumped to her knees, holding onto Rider's cast as she too began to cry. She heard Lyall try to calm Rider, but she couldn't make any words. She needed to be strong for Rider, but she just... couldn't.

♫ Let it go ♪
♫ But hurry now ♪
♫ There's undertow ♪

{...}

SummerIsles

SummerIsles

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2016 11:30 pm

♪ She wants to go home ♫
♪ But nobody's home ♫
♪ Broken inside ♫

Somewhere in the distance of her wails, she heard Lyall trying to calm her, then the sobs of her little sister. Rider's world had shattered. She'd saved herself, but not her parents. She was alive and they were not. And she knew that she'd used magic to keep herself alive. The stress finally overwhelmed her and Rider dropped unconscious. Her heart monitor beeped angrily, picking up enough that a nurse entered the room. But she didn't crash and soon enough, her heart rate dropped to normal rates.

♪ With no place to go ♫
♪ No place to go ♫
♪ To dry her eyes ♫
♪ Broken inside ♫

{...}

Miss GryffindorK

The Shiny Furret

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2016 11:38 pm
User ImageUser Image

Lyall watched Rider as Claire collapsed. As the cries grew louder and his attempts to calm had been unheard, Rider's heart monitor began beeping faster until... she slipped into unconsciousness. The screams silenced and the room was quiet save the cries of the others and the beeping. It was still far too fast. Lyall grabbed his wand just as a nurse ran in, so he shoved it back in his pocket and watched. A handful of seconds later, her heart rate slowed to a normal clip. Lyall sunk back into the chair there, staring in upset at the scene. Claire was panicked and Rider... Rider couldn't take it. She'd collapsed. Lyall wiped his eyes again, then sniffled. "She... She'll be fine. She just needs to... rest... and to recover. And she needs us to remain calm to help keep her calm. We just have to... to not panic..." He sniffled again as the tears poured once more, this time wetting the front of his cardigan. He needed to be strong for the others. He had to try.

'Cᴀᴜsᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ᴋɴᴏᴡ,

SummerIsles

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

SummerIsles

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2016 11:48 pm

♫ Honesty ♪
♫ Is what you need ♪
♫ It sets you free ♪

When Rider's heart monitor started the beep crazily fast, Claire jumped up and panicked even harder. And when Rider slumped down and the nurse just stared at her, Claire was about to scream at her to do something. But then it slowed to a more relaxed beep. Claire's anger subsided and she slumped down, looking at the floor. Lyall said they needed to be calm and Claire nodded. She was just so... worn out. Everything was crashing around her. She walked around Rider's bed, her tiny frame still racked with silent sobs. Crawling onto Lyall, she curled into a small ball on him. "Thank you Lyall," she said, her voice barely a whisper. The girl shook on his lap, partially from cold and partially from her own crying.

♫ Let it go ♪
♫ But hurry now ♪
♫ There's undertow ♪

{...}

Miss GryffindorK

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 12:03 am
User ImageUser Image

Lyall knew Rider was likely to be asleep for the night, so he figured he'd try to sleep. He wouldn't be successful, but he'd sure try. When Claire started walking, the man looked up at her, wondering where she was headed. There wasn't much room to sleep, after all. Only a little couch and the small armchair he was currently occupying. He was surprised, however, when the girl curled up on his lap, Lyall felt a surge of protectiveness race through him. As she quietly said her thanks, he nodded. "Claire, you don't have to thank me. I'd be here no matter what." He reached over and grabbed a spare blanket from the nighttable and carefully wrapped the little ball of Claire in it. She needed a bit to mourn, and he'd let her stay as long as she needed to do just that. "You can cry if you need to, Claire. I'm here for you, okay? And I'm not gonna go anywhere." He wrapped his arms around her, laying her head against his chest. He didn't mind to help Claire, as the girl was like a younger sister to him, and he would want someone to offer him love and compassion in the same situation. For now, he'd let her cry or talk or however she needed to vent. He wasn't about to leave the room, much less his dear friends.

'Cᴀᴜsᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ᴋɴᴏᴡ,

SummerIsles

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

SummerIsles

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 12:08 am

♫ Honesty ♪
♫ Is what you need ♪
♫ It sets you free ♪

Claire nodded to Lyall, then let out a little yawn. She was physically, mentally and emotionally tired. Closing her eyes, she quickly drifted off to sleep. Vonnie moved over to the other remaining seat and sat down. Looking over Rider, she sighed, then said, "You should both get some sleep. I'll watch over her. Martha would want me to make sure she's okay." She would keep a watchful eye over Rider. Vonnie wasn't about to let what happened to her happen to Claire. No, Claire would keep her older sister. At some point in the night, Rider awoke and asked for water. Vonnie got up and gave her water, then sat and watched over her as she slept. Vonnie's chest burned, but she would grieve later.

♫ Let it go ♪
♫ But hurry now ♪
♫ There's undertow ♪

{...}

Miss GryffindorK

The United Kingdom

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash