Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply The United Kingdom
United Kingdom Hospitals Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 8:30 am
User ImageUser Image

𝐻𝑒𝒶𝓁𝑒𝓇𝒜𝓃𝒾𝓂𝒶𝑔𝓊𝓈𝐻𝓊𝒻𝒻𝓁𝑒𝓅𝓊𝒻𝒻 𝒜𝓁𝓊𝓂𝓃𝓊𝓈

Lyall held Claire as she dozed off into a sleep, though he doubted it was a very deep sleep. Shavon quietly told Lyall he should try and sleep, but the man shook his head a bit. "I'm alright. Claire's resting and I don't mind staying up. I got a kip of sleep earlier, and I'm alright with only a few hours. You... you can lay out on the couch if you want. I'm sure a nurse will bring another blanket." He looked over at the woman, hoping she would at least try to sleep. After she'd decidedly stayed awake, Lyall turned his attention back to Rider. Somewhere, he'd dozed off, his cheek resting on Claire's hair, much like it did when he was hugging Rider like that. He woke again in the early morning, then asked room service to add a couple coffees to the breakfast tray. "Alright, Vonnie. I'll take this watch, and wake you if Rider wakes up. you go and rest, and if not, I ordered you a coffee for the morning." He felt weird telling someone older than him what to do, but she had to be exhausted.

I'ᴍ ᴏɴʟʏ ᴏɴᴇ ᴄᴀʟʟ ᴀᴡᴀʏ. I'ʟʟ ʙᴇ ᴛʜᴇʀᴇ ᴛᴏ sᴀᴠᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ᴅᴀʏ
Sᴜᴘᴇʀᴍᴀɴ ɢᴏᴛ ɴᴏᴛʜɪɴɢ ᴏɴ ᴍᴇ. I'ᴍ ᴏɴʟʏ ᴏɴᴇ ᴄᴀʟʟ ᴀᴡᴀʏ
Cᴏᴍᴇ ᴀʟᴏɴɢ ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴍᴇ ᴀɴᴅ ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ʙᴇ sᴄᴀʀᴇᴅ
I ᴊᴜsᴛ ᴡᴀɴɴᴀ sᴇᴛ ʏᴏᴜ ғʀᴇᴇ
Cᴏᴍᴇ ᴏɴ, ᴄᴏᴍᴇ ᴏɴ, ᴄᴏᴍᴇ ᴏɴ
Yᴏᴜ ᴀɴᴅ ᴍᴇ ᴄᴀɴ ᴍᴀᴋᴇ ɪᴛ ᴀɴʏᴡʜᴇʀᴇ
Fᴏʀ ɴᴏᴡ, ᴡᴇ ᴄᴀɴ sᴛᴀʏ ʜᴇʀᴇ ғᴏʀ ᴀ ᴡʜɪʟᴇ,
'Cᴀᴜsᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ᴋɴᴏᴡ,
𝐼 𝒿𝓊𝓈𝓉 𝓌𝒶𝓃𝓃𝒶 𝓈𝑒𝑒 𝓎𝑜𝓊 𝓈𝓂𝒾𝓁𝑒...

SummerIsles

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 9:42 am
User Image
User Image
𝓈𝑒𝒶𝓂𝓈𝓉𝓇𝑒𝓈𝓈 𝒶𝓅𝓅𝓇𝑒𝓃𝓉𝒾𝒸𝑒 𝑔𝓇𝓎𝒻𝒻𝒾𝓃𝒹𝑜𝓇 𝒶𝓁𝓊𝓂𝓃𝒶

Tori woke up early in the morning to a tapping at her window. When she rose from her bed and sleepily shuffled towards the sound, she found Tintri waiting for her, clearly anxious about something. Taking the letter and reading it over, she could see why the animal was upset. Rider was in trouble! Wiping the sleep from her eyes, Tori rushed over to her closet and put on the first outfit she could find, a cardigan and tank top with jeans and flats. Picking up her wand and bag with her emergency stash of makeup and hair supplies, the teen practically ran out the door, apparating to Rider's house immediately.

Unfortunately for her, no one was home. Tori didn't expect there to be anyone there anyways, though. Stepping up the the street, she called for the Knight Bus, stepping up onto it when it arrived, then whizzing off to the hospital where Rider was staying. While on the bus, the teen fixed her makeup and hair, for the best that she could since the bus was moving pretty fast. At the end of it all, it wasn't perfect, but she was at least presentable enough. Stopping at the hospital, Tori hurried inside and looked around for someone important-looking.

Finally, she found the check-in desk, rushing over to it and asking about Rider. The lady at the desk told her the directions to Rider's room, Tori thanked her and went on her way. Jogging through the halls, the blonde hunted for the room number. When she found it, at last, she stopped at the door, smoothed out her clothes and her hair, then calmly knocked on the door. Opening it and stepping inside, Tori found Lyall, Claire and another woman, who she imagined was Rider's aunt. "I came over as soon as I got the letter. How is she? What happened?" Tori fired off question after question, standing next to Lyall and watching Rider. Her friend's beautiful long hair was gone now, her head wrapped up in bandages. What could have possibly happened to cause this tragedy?

I can't help it if I make a scene, stepping out of my hot pink limousine. I'm turning heads and I'm stopping traffic.
                                                      When I pose, they scream and when I joke, they laugh. I've got a pair of eyes that they're getting lost in.
                                                      They're hypnotized by my way of walking. I've got them dazzled like a stage magician.
                                                      When I point, they look, and when I talk, they listen. Well, everybody needs a friend,
                                                      And I got you and you and you. So many, I can't even name them, can you blame me? I'm too famous.
                                                      Haven't you noticed that I'm a star? I'm coming into view as the world is turning.
                                                      Haven't you noticed I've made it this far? Now, everyone can see me burning.

x x x x

OOC: . . .

Miss GryffindorK

SummerIsles

The Shiny Furret

Merry Muse

4,950 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200

SummerIsles

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 2:46 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
------c l α í r є------w í l s σ n------

♫ Honesty ♪
♫ Is what you need ♪
♫ It sets you free ♪
♫ Like someone to save you ♪

------ғoυrтн----чєαr----нυғғlepυғғ------

Claire had just woken up after a terrible nightmare, still curled up on Lyall.After she woke up, Claire walked into the bathroom. Vonnie looked up at Lyall when he told her to get some sleep. The older woman shook her head. "I'm alright," she said calmly. Claire had just emerged from the bathroom when Tori arrived, so Claire walked over to her and hugged her tightly. "The policemen said a drunk driver hit the car. He flipped his car onto my parents' car and they both died. They didn't think anyone was alive until they found Rider." She wiped her eyes on her sleeve and turned to look at her sister, who was still asleep. "They said it was a miracle that she was alive." She glanced at Lyall, then at Aunt Vonnie.

♫ Let it go ♪
♫ But hurry now ♪
♫ There's undertow ♪
♫ And I don't want to lose you now ♪

------σ u t----σ f----c h α r α c t є r------

{...}

Miss GryffindorK

The Shiny Furret

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 12:22 am
User ImageUser Image

Lyall nodded when Shavon simply said she was alright. He was struggling not to fall asleep. Claire awoke in a huff and walked to the bathroom, so he assumed she had to go. He woke suddenly when he had to pee in the mornings... When they heard a knock on the door, he tried to stand, but his legs were numb from Claire having sat in his lap all night. Claire was luckily able to open the door, and she greeted someone... Tori!! He forced himself to stand, then walked over to the door with shaky legs. "Hi Tori. Thanks for coming super fast. She's... not great, but she's stable. She's upset, though, and for good reason." He sighed quietly, looking over at the girl in the bed. She was thankfully still sleeping, but with more people in the room, she'd undoubtedly wake soon. Hopefully after he'd had some coffee....

'Cᴀᴜsᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ᴋɴᴏᴡ,

SummerIsles

The Shiny Furret

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

The Shiny Furret

Merry Muse

4,950 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 9:10 am
User Image
User Image

Tori hugged Claire tightly, embracing the younger girl and holding her close. She listened patiently as her and Lyall explained what had happened the previous night, tears starting to well up in her eyes. Thankfully, she used her waterproof mascara that day. "That's so awful. I'm so sorry, Claire. It's going to be okay, I promise," she mumbled into Claire's hair as she hugged her tighter, the tears falling onto the brunette's head. The blonde couldn't imagine what she would do if her parents ever died, and in a traumatic accident at that. "At least she's stable. She's going to take a while to heal though, physically and emotionally." What she wouldn't do to be in her friend's pace right now. If she had been in that car instead of Rider, she wouldn't have to watch her best friend suffer like she was.

I can't help it if I make a scene, stepping out of my hot pink limousine. I'm turning heads and I'm stopping traffic.
                                                      When I pose, they scream and when I joke, they laugh. I've got a pair of eyes that they're getting lost in.
                                                      They're hypnotized by my way of walking. I've got them dazzled like a stage magician.
                                                      When I point, they look, and when I talk, they listen. Well, everybody needs a friend,
                                                      And I got you and you and you. So many, I can't even name them, can you blame me? I'm too famous.
                                                      Haven't you noticed that I'm a star? I'm coming into view as the world is turning.

x x x x

Miss GryffindorK

SummerIsles

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 9:13 am

♫ Honesty ♪
♫ Is what you need ♪
♫ It sets you free ♪

Claire released Tori and wiped her nose on her nose wiping sleeve, then turned away from the girl, walking back to Rider's bedside. "We have to be there for her. She's going to need us. All of us." Despite the tears that were still falling from her eyes, Claire's voice came out strong and determined. Rider wasn't going to die, but she was definitely falling apart. Claire needed to be the glue that held her sister together.

♫ Let it go ♪
♫ But hurry now ♪
♫ There's undertow ♪

{...}

SummerIsles

SummerIsles

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 9:16 am

--------r ι d e r--------w ι l ѕ o n--------

♪ She wants to go home ♫
♪ But nobody's home ♫
♪ That's where she lies ♫
♪ Broken inside ♫

--------н υ ғ ғ l e p υ ғ ғ----a l υ м n a

Rider heard people talking and groaned, opening her eyes slowly. She glanced around at the people assembling in her room. Then she asked, "Is it my birthday?" She was mumbling, then tried to push herself up. There was a shock of pain and Rider winced, then lifted her arm. It was unnaturally heavy. She glanced at her arm and saw that it was wrapped in a cast. Confusion hit her and she glanced around, finally fixing her eyes on Claire. "Where's mum and da?" she mumbled, confusion apparent in her face. She glanced at Lyall, then to Tori and finally her Aunt. Someone give her answers!

♪ With no place to go ♫
♪ No place to go ♫
♪ To dry her eyes ♫
♪ Broken inside ♫

-----------o υ т----o ғ----c н a r a c т e r-----------

{...}

Miss GryffindorK

The Shiny Furret

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 1:08 pm
User ImageUser Image

Lyall bowed his head as Tori said she was sorry and promised it'd all be okay. How could she promise that? Was it possible? He stepped back to allow the blonde better entry. Tori blessed that Rider was stable, while lamenting the fact that she still had a lot of healing to do. Claire mentioned them all being there for the girl, and Lyall walked over to Rider's bed. She looked so peaceful in rest, but it wouldn't last. She shuffled a bit, then asked about her birthday. "No, Rider. It's not your birthday." He gently held her hand, terrified they'd have to break the news a second time. It had been horrible last night, but she had to know. Sure enough, she looked at Claire and asked where their parents were. Lyall gently stroked her cheek with a finger, then sighed quietly. "There... there was a crash and your car got crushed, Ri. Your parents passed, but they didn't feel any pain. They went peacefully. You... You had to get surgery, but you'll be okay. And we're here to help." He frowned a bit, bracing himself for a slew of tears and screams. He had to be strong for her, because she couldn't be.

'Cᴀᴜsᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ᴋɴᴏᴡ,

SummerIsles

The Shiny Furret

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

The Shiny Furret

Merry Muse

4,950 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2016 10:26 pm
User Image
User Image

Tori hugged Claire tightly, not wanting to let go but doing so when the younger girl walked over to her sister's bedside. The blonde stood at the foot of her friend's bed, with Claire and Lyall on each of the sides. Looking over Rider, Tori remembered how sweet she was in school, strong and confident and brilliant. Now, she just looked broken, worn down by the tragedy life threw at her. It was heartbreaking, a few tears escaping her green eyes. But it was when Rider finally woke up, asking everyone if it was her birthday and where her parents were, that really got to Tori. That was when it all hit her. Sniffling, the blonde tried her best not to cry anymore. "So you don't remember a thing, huh Ri?" she asked. Lyall filled her in, but Tori thought it would have been best for her not to have all the details. Anything to not put her mind back in that place and time when everything was taken from her. It would have been better if she just couldn't remember it at all, the blonde figured, but that was a very selfish and cowardly way to think about it, and she knew Rider would have wanted to know regardless.

x x x x

Miss GryffindorK

SummerIsles

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 8:23 am

♫ Honesty ♪
♫ Is what you need ♪
♫ It sets you free ♪

When Rider asked if it was her birthday, then asked where their mum and da were, Claire felt tears come to her eyes. She was prepared to answer Rider's question when Lyall took the initiative and beat her to it. The girl prepared for another wail from her sister, ready for her heart to break again. She found Rider's fingers in her cast and gave them a tight squeeze, trying to come up with any way for her to comfort her sister.

♫ Let it go ♪
♫ But hurry now ♪
♫ There's undertow ♪

{...}

SummerIsles

SummerIsles

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 8:26 am

♪ She wants to go home ♫
♪ But nobody's home ♫
♪ Broken inside ♫

As Lyall spoke, Rider turned her head to look at him. Her normally bright brown eyes were a dull, tired brown. When he told her that her mum and da were dead and she had been in surgery, her lip quivered but she didn't cry out. "Oh, that wasn't a dream," she said, matter-of-factly. She sighed and sunk down on the bed a little. Staring down at the blanket that covered her, she asked, in little more than a whisper, "How bad am I hurt?"

♪ With no place to go ♫
♪ No place to go ♫
♪ To dry her eyes ♫
♪ Broken inside ♫

{...}

Miss GryffindorK

The Shiny Furret

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 10:18 pm
User ImageUser Image

Lyall looked over at Tori, noticing the tears in her eyes. He'd managed to calm himself about the whole situation. Of course, he'd known about the whole thing a lot longer than she had. She'd only just found out that morning. He sighed quietly, looking at Rider once again. As he quietly explained the situation, Rider looked sadder and sadder. It was to be expected, though. He knew if ever he found out he'd lost even one of his parents... he'd be distraught. Tori asked if she remembered anything, so Lyall looked at her with a concerned expression. "Somewhat. But she did take a pretty hard hit to the head, so I don't blame her too bad." He tried to offer a reassuring smile, but it just remained a frown. Claire seemed too sad to talk, but Rider had another question. How bad was she hurt? How... Lyall peeked at her chart, then looked at her. "Well, you have a broken wrist, two ribs that are cracked, several are bruised, and.. your head. You took a hard hit, so they had to drill a teeny hole in your skull in order to relieve pressure. You're in stable condition, so, for right now, you'll be alright." He set the chart back in its tray, then turned his gaze back to the bedridden girl. Her long hair had been cut short on one side, making her look lopsided and sloppy... but she was just as pretty as ever. He gently rubbed his thumb over her cheek, wondering what to say next.

'Cᴀᴜsᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ᴋɴᴏᴡ,

SummerIsles

The Shiny Furret

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

The Shiny Furret

Merry Muse

4,950 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2016 4:04 pm
User Image
User Image

Tori decided to take a seat in a chair by the wall. It wasn't very comfortable, but it would do for now. She knew not to complain about anything right now, not when emotions were flying around like crazy at the moment. Rider looked so depressed, saying how everything that had happened wasn't a dream. If only it was. Tori wished all of this was just a bad dream that her friend could wake up from, but she knew that it was real. All of this was real. Lyall explained how Rider's head had been hurt, and all of the other things that had been broken or bruised. Tori took the time to examine her friend's hair, sloppily chopped on one side of her head. They drilled a hole into her skull? How awful. "I can fix your hair, Rider. I'm better at sewing, but I bet I can do a decent job with a pair of scissors instead. We can even color it, if you want, or put in highlights. It's up to you, though," she said, trying to sound positive about something. Tori had always wondered what her friend would look like with short hair. Now she didn't have to wonder, she figured.

x x x x

Miss GryffindorK

SummerIsles

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2016 4:34 pm

♫ Honesty ♪
♫ Is what you need ♪
♫ It sets you free ♪

Claire's eyes bounced between her sister, Lyall and Tori, watching and waiting. She hoped that Rider would be okay and not have a freak out. So far, it seemed like she was keeping herself together. That was good. Claire swallowed at the lump in her throat and touched Rider's fingers again. "It's not that bad, actually. You were really lucky." She hoped that Rider didn't remember much about the accident because, the way it was described, it sounded like Rider had used magic to save herself.

♫ Let it go ♪
♫ But hurry now ♪
♫ There's undertow ♪

{...}

Summer II

Summer II

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2016 4:38 pm

♪ She wants to go home ♫
♪ But nobody's home ♫
♪ Broken inside ♫

Rider listened to Lyall as he explained her injuries, her training in Healing and anatomy helping her to understand. She nodded solemnly as she listened to him. Then Tori said that she could fix Rider's hair and the girl raised her hand to touch the side of her head. The girl blinked and sighed. She'd loved her hair. Frowning, she looked at Tori and nodded. Then Claire had said that she was lucky. Rider glanced at her sister, then down at the bed. "It wasn't luck. I... I killed them. I saved myself and killed them." A tear rolled down her cheeks.

♪ With no place to go ♫
♪ No place to go ♫
♪ To dry her eyes ♫
♪ Broken inside ♫

{...}

Miss GryffindorK

The Shiny Furret

The United Kingdom

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff