Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply Private Homes
Beckett Family Home

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2016 7:28 pm
xxx× × ×xxxB E C K E T TxxF A M I L YxxH O M Exxx× × ×xxx

User Image

Located in Canterbury, England

User Image User Image User Image User Image

User Image User Image User Image User Image

User Image User Image User Image

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2016 7:30 pm
xxxx× × ×xxxxRESIDENTSxxxx× × ×xxxx

xxxALLEN RICHARD BECKETTxxx
Homeowner :: NPC
Husband to Katherine Beckett :: Father to Colin Beckett

xxxKATHERINE ELANOR BECKETTxxx
Homeowner :: NPC
Wife to Allen Beckett :: Mother to Colin Beckett

xxxCOLIN CAMPBELL BECKETTxxx
Hogwarts Student
Son of Allen and Katherine Beckett

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2016 7:31 pm
xxx× × ×xF A M I L YxxxH O M ExxxI N F O R M A T I O Nxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

xxxT H ExxxH O M Exxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
              × The Beckett Family has only recently moved into their current home.
              × Prior to this, they resided in a rather small, rather cramped apartment.
              × Katherine's success at her job allowed them to afford a much larger home.
              × Allen's taste and that of his wife are quite different, but they managed to strike a nice balance between classic and modern designs.
              × This balance is reflected in all rooms, save Allen's study, which is decidedly Victorian, and Colin's rooms, which are decidedly steampunk.

xxxT H ExxxP E T Sxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
              × The family has an English Bulldog named Humphrey
              × Colin has a Great-Horned Owl named Walter
              × His parents also have an owl, a Saw-Whet named Gigi

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2016 8:20 pm
User Image
User Image
𝕗𝕠𝕦𝕣𝕥𝕙 𝕪𝕖𝕒𝕣 𝕣𝕒𝕧𝕖𝕟𝕔𝕝𝕒𝕨

Kiley walked along the pavement, one hand holding the strap of her backpack, the other holding her brand new cellphone. Her mother had given both her and her sister phones after arriving home for summer holiday, mostly because they would be travelling to visit their friends and would need to keep in touch with her. That way, they could each take buses and trains and not have their mother apparate them everywhere. Kiley enjoyed the idea of her newfound freedom, and her phone. She would have to remember to register Colin's number when she got to his house.

Speaking of which, that was where she was headed that day. After hopping the train in Dover and riding all the way up to Canterbury, Kiley was now walking to her friend's house. Colin had owled her, asking her to hang out with him for the day. She didn't have any plans for the day, so she accepted, and now here she was. As she approached the house, the Ravenclaw girl wondered what her friend wanted to do that day. If she had invited him to her house, they would probably end up reading in the library or maybe even exploring the woods around her family cottage. Stepping up to the door, Kiley knocked and waited patiently for someone to invite her inside.

I don't know what I want, so don't ask me 'cause I'm still trying to figure it out.
                                      Don't know what's down this road, I'm just walking, trying to see through the rain coming down.
                                      Even though I'm not the only one, who feels the way I do, I'm alone, on my own,
                                      And that's all I know. I'll be strong, I'll be wrong. Oh, but life goes on.
                                      Oh, I'm just a girl trying to find a place in this world.

x x x x

OOC: . . .

Cara MiaKitty

The Shiny Furret

Merry Muse

4,950 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2016 10:26 pm
User Image

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xx» wнere «xx
xxxLiving Room
xxxxxxxx» wιтн «xx
xxxxxxxxxKiley
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx» ғeelιng «xx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxNervous
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

нey, don'т w r ι т e yoυrѕelғ oғғ y e т xxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                          ιт'ѕ only ιn yoυr н e a d yoυ ғeel l e ғ т oυт or looĸed d o w n o n xxxxxxxxx
                                                          jυѕт т r y yoυr в e ѕ т, тry e v e r y т н ι n g yoυ c a n xxxxxx
                                                          and don'т yoυ w o r r y wнaт тнey т e l l тнeмѕelveѕ wнen yoυ're a w a y xxx

════════════════════════════════════════════╗

spaceColin had been sitting on the couch reading for roughly the past hour, waiting on Kiley to show up. He knew it was ridiculous, because she wasn't late yet, but he kept thinking she wasn't going to show up. He had absolutely no reason to think that, but he couldn't seem to shake it. He fidgeted on the couch, trying very hard to focus on his novel, but he kept glancing up towards the door at every single sound. A couple of times, he actually thought he heard a knock and went to check the door, only to find that he'd been hearing things. When it happened a third time, he considered ignoring it. Every time he'd checked and no one had been there, he'd gotten a little more worried. But, when he checked the clock, it was about when Ki had said she'd come over, so he made himself get up to see if she had arrived.

spaceHe wished they had windows near the front door. Or that he was tall enough to see through the peephole without a stepstool. He wasn't normally self-conscious about being on the short side, but having someone hear or see him moving the stepstool after using it made him feel weird about it. Unfortunately, that meant that, in order to see if he was hallucinating again, he had to actually open the door. 'At least we've got those hedges,' he thought faintly. This time, though, his worries were unfounded; his expression broke into a smile when he found Kiley waiting on the porch. "Hey! You made it! Uh, come in!"

spaceThe blond boy stepped aside for his housemate, gesturing awkwardly to the interior. "Uh, so, this is my house. We can do a tour if you want, I guess, but it's not anything special. Except maybe my workshop. And mum's, but she doesn't let anyone go in there when she's not home, and she's at work right now." He blushed faintly. He guessed that maybe he could show Ki his workshop, but he had no idea if she was interested in that at all. Di, he would've shown it to immediately. Actually, if she came over to his house, he was pretty sure that'd be the whole reason. But she couldn't come over, on account of being grounded. He'd have to invite her over when she was un-grounded... whenever that was.

spaceHe chewed his lip, pointing towards the telly room. "Uh, I thought we could watch the telly a bit? I have a couple shows I really like, but none of you guys watch them... I guess I kinda wanted to see if you'd like them, too." His blush deepened at that. He missed being able to talk to his friends about anime. He'd had a couple friends in his old muggle school who'd been really into it, and while he hadn't been super obsessed, he'd still been very fond of a lot of the shows they'd watched. He missed that. "Um, or we can play video games, I've got a lot of those. Or something." Colin hadn't had a friend over in a very long time. The last time, he'd still been small enough that running around playing pretend had been normal... Now he didn't think it was. He was pretty sure he'd have to look for a LARP group to do that kind of thing with.

space"You're supposed to tell me when we have company, you know," a voice called from down the hall. Shortly after, Colin's father appeared, frowning slightly. "And who's this charming young lady?"

spaceColin blinked oddly at his dad. "Mum knew she was coming," he said. "I thought she told you... Sorry, sir." Allen made a faint 'ah' sound and nodded, expression softening somewhat. They both knew that Katherine had a habit of forgetting things like that. "Um, anyway, this is Kiley. Kiley, this is my dad, Allen Beckett."

spaceThe older Beckett offered his hand to Kiley to shake, smiling cordially. "Nice to meet you, Kiley. Colin hasn't had any of his new friends over. We were starting to worry about him." Colin shot his dad a look. Allen held his hands up in a gesture of surrender, taking a couple of steps back. "Anyway, I'm going to be in my office if you need me, kids. Kiley, feel free to help yourself to the kitchen." With that, he turned on his heel and retreated back down the hall.

spaceColin frowned after his father. "Uh, sorry about him," the Ravenclaw said, though he wasn't sure what he was apologizing for. Allen had embarrassed him, he'd not done anything to her. Unless she would be upset that Colin was embarrassed, anyway. "So, anyway. Anime? Uh, telly, I mean? Or did you wanna play games, or..." He knew that, given how he'd been the one to invite her over, he should've had more of a game plan. And actually should've asked her these questions in his letter. But he hadn't thought of it at the time. He'd been half-convinced she wouldn't come at all.

╚════════════════════════════════════════════

xxx ιт jυѕт т a ĸ e ѕ ѕoмe т ι м e
                                                          xxxxxx lιттle gιrl, yoυ're ιn тнe м ι d d l e oғ тнe r ι d e
                                                          xxxxxxxxx everyтнιng, e v e r y т н ι n g wιll вe jυѕт ғ ι n e
                                                          xxxxxxxxxxxx everyтнιng, e v e r y т н ι n g wιll вe alrιgнт, a l r ι g н т

User Image

xx» «xx
                                                          xx» oυт oғ cнaracтer «xx
                                                          speak now

The Shiny Furret

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 10:17 pm
User Image
User Image
𝕗𝕠𝕦𝕣𝕥𝕙 𝕪𝕖𝕒𝕣 𝕣𝕒𝕧𝕖𝕟𝕔𝕝𝕒𝕨

Kiley waited on the front porch, taking a second to look around at the house she was about to enter. It seemed rather old on the outside, with dark stone walls and tall hedges. If anyone else lived here, she might not even walk on this street because it was a bit intimidating. Then again, she lived in a cottage in the woods, so she didn't get many visitors because of that. She shouldn't judge a house by it's exterior or location, she figured. Suddenly, the door opened, a smiling Colin standing there, ready to greet her. Kiley beamed at her friend. "Hey Colin! Sorry if I'm a little late. I wasn't too confident in the train station and may have taken a wrong turn or two, but I got here. Thanks for inviting me, by the way," she said while stepping inside. Ki wasn't sure if she should take off her shoes or not, but the inside of the house looked so modern and clean that she did it anyways, setting them near the door so she could find them later before following her friend around the house for a tour. Colin mentioned watching the telly together, to which Kiley nodded. "Sure. I'm always up for a new show to watch on holidays. And if we like the same ones, we could watch them together too." She knew she had to at least put forward an effort to spend time with her friends, even though she was the least social of the Umber twins. If she didn't try though, she might not have friends anymore, and she definitely didn't want that.

Kiley considered playing video games as well. She didn't really have any at home, so she would probably be pretty bad at them. As she considered the thought, a man's voice echoed down the hall, Ki turning towards the sound, curious and nervous. Was she not allowed to be here? Was she going to get Colin in trouble? Oh dear! Upon turning around, she was met by a frowning man, who she learned was Colin's father. He called her charming, but still questioned her being there, which frightened her. Even the way Colin was acting and speaking to the man made her anxious. He seemed to be walking on eggshells in that instant. "Um, h-hi, Mr. Beckett. I'm Kiley, one of Colin's friends from school." The man's expression was growing a bit more friendly, which helped to calm her down a bit. Somehow, Kiley couldn't believe the man's statement about how Colin hadn't brought his friends over to his house. He had lots of friends, she knew. Why hadn't he brought them over? Then again, she hadn't invited any of her friends over to her house, so she didn't really have anything she could say on the subject.

"Oh okay, thank you, Mr. Beckett." At least she could access the kitchen for snacks if she needed to. She doubted she would, though. Ki had always had this weird thing about eating her friend's food, like she didn't feel like she was supposed to. Regardless, the brunette turned back to her friend, who was apologizing for his father's behavior. "It's alright, Colin. Let's go watch some telly," she said smiling, hoping to reassure her friend that she didn't mind his father's initial introduction. Even though she actually had been scared out of her mind. Kiley waited to follow her friend back to the living room. She had always been a follower, after all.

I don't know what I want, so don't ask me 'cause I'm still trying to figure it out.
                                      Don't know what's down this road, I'm just walking, trying to see through the rain coming down.
                                      Even though I'm not the only one, who feels the way I do, I'm alone, on my own,
                                      And that's all I know. I'll be strong, I'll be wrong. Oh, but life goes on.
                                      Oh, I'm just a girl trying to find a place in this world.

x x x x

OOC: . . .

Cara MiaKitty

The Shiny Furret

Merry Muse

4,950 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 10:51 pm
User Image
                                                  I wonder if he understands what it's worth yet
                                                  Like the time spent while we here on the earth yet
                                                  The answer to the question that we all seek
                                                  can be found depend on how free y'all think

User Image
                                                  ════════════════════════

Mᴜɢɢʟᴇ || Uɴɪᴠᴇʀsɪᴛʏ Sᴛᴜᴅᴇɴᴛ || Aɢᴇ 17

════════════════════════

Shinobu was bent over a textbook, a pencil in hand as he poked it before writing a notation down in the margins. Granted, he knew that using a pen would have the notes last longer, but he wanted to transfer the notes elsewhere and erase the marks in the book at some point so that he'd have a mostly untouched textbook later for studying or if he decided to sell it at the end of university. Then again, he recalled his parents having to buy textbooks back when he was in primary school because he did the same thing but forgot to erase the notes later. It was probably a good thing that when he went on to secondary, he ended up having to pay for his own textbooks. It made it more expensive, sure, but he didn't have to worry about ruining a rental because of his note taking tactic.

He wasn't exactly at home, which made it strange for him. He had his laptop open and was perusing websites that he knew would help him with his studies, but not that long ago he couldn't even get onto the internet from home. It had made his last two years of college downright difficult, and he ended up having to stay after school a lot of times to get any studying done. Then again, that's what happens when he lived with wizards, he thought. Not that he wasn't staying with a wizard now. In fact, he was staying with a very technically-minded wizard and his muggle family, but it wasn't like his laptop just stopped working. It was just a lot different than his aunt and uncle's home, where there were screaming babies and an inn and bar to run downstairs. He was pretty sure that he was considered a curiosity in Hogsmeade now just because he wasn't magical.

Groaning, he flipped the pencil into his textbook and leaned back to rub his face. Colin had some anime playing on the telly while he was working, and was alternating between watching it every so often and paying attention to his project. Not that Shinobu really minded, but the voice actors and the jokes were... Well, he knew that they were trying to put in English jokes in place of Japanese ones, but they weren't nearly as good as their counterparts. His fingers itched to pick up the remote to switch it to the Japanese audio with subtitles, but Shinobu wasn't rude. One, it wasn't his telly, and two, Colin would more than likely be more distracted with the subtitles than with the dub going. Deciding he needed a break from notes, he stood, looking toward Colin.
                                                  "Hey, I'm going to go get a drink. Do you want one while I'm in the kitchen or something else?" He figured that grabbing a drink would let him clear his mind enough to actually get back to studying. Either that, or he'd be busy critiquing the anime Colin had on. He wasn't sure which was likely yet.

════════════════════════

Thinking: No, I shouldn't be changing the audio on Colin, that's rude.
                                                  OOC:

-◬-

But no I'm just taking it in
                                                  Out the window of a hotel bedroom again
                                                  Tomorrow I'll be gone I don't know when I'll be back
                                                  But in this world everything can change just like that

Cara MiaKitty

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 1:30 am
User Image

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xx» wнere «xx
xxxLiving Room
xxxxxxxx» wιтн «xx
xxxxxxxxxShinobu
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxFocused

ιт ѕтarтed oυт aѕ a ғeelιng, wнιcн тнen grew ιnтo a нopexxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                          wнιcн тнen тυrned ιnтo a qυιeт тнoυgнт wнιcн тнen тυrned ιnтoxxxxxxxxx
                                                          a qυιeт word and тнen тнaт word grew loυder and loυderxxxxxx
                                                          'тιl ιт waѕ a вaттle cry - ι'll coмe вacĸ wнen yoυ call мe
                                                          xxx

spaceColin was engrossed in his current project. With Shinobu's help last year, he'd managed to get his owl working, and while it still needed some tweaking to be truly perfect, he was happy to leave it as is for now. Partially because he knew that perfection was impossible to achieve, and was steadfastly refusing to invite any sort of breakdown that would result from failure to meet an unrealistic goal. But, also partially because now that he had the basic idea of what he was doing figured out, he wanted to expand. He was sticking to birds and bird-like creatures for now, since he was already accustomed to the work necessary for them. He figured, once he had that figured out well enough, he could branch out.

spaceCurrently, he was working on a phoenix, using the sketches he'd taken during his Care of Magical Creatures NEWT. He'd been tempted to jump straight to the hippogriff, but he wanted to get better at designing and arranging the mechanisms he'd used for the owl in different forms before he started plotting out entirely new ones. The phoenix was a nice challenge, since it had a far slimmer body than the owl, and much more dramatic wings. First step was plotting out the interior layout; he'd done some of the work at school, but was still working on preliminary tweaking. As always, he had a show going in the background. He'd watched every anime he owned a dozen or more times, and had most of them more or less memorized, so it was soothing to listen to, and less distracting than music tended to be, at least for him. He knew that it was the opposite with most people, but didn't feel particularly inclined to poke at the reasons why. He was used to being weird, after all. Even if the gap between himself and his friends now was drastically smaller than the one between himself and his old muggle schoolmates.

spaceWhen Shinobu stood up and spoke, it caught him off-guard. The blonde jumped slightly, not having been expecting someone to talk. The anime he had going was more action-oriented, a choice he'd made to try and cut down on the dialogue since he'd noticed that his friend had an aversion to the English dubbing. Which he figured made sense, considering he was half Japanese. But, Colin had trouble focusing when there wasn't some sort of noise, and for him, familiar anime was essentially white noise. He managed without it, and had for seven years at Hogwarts, but now that he was out of school, he was loathe to give it up. And it wasn't as though Shinobu couldn't go elsewhere if it was really bothering him. Other than his parent's bedroom, there weren't really any off-limits places in his house.

spaceColin flushed slightly, a wry smile tugging at his lips.
                                                          "Oh, um, just a water, please?" He looked back down at his project, then suddenly back up, and frowned. Wait, was it rude for Shinobu to be getting him a drink? It was his house, after all. Then again, the muggle boy wasn't exactly a stranger nowadays. His status as guest was all but demolished, as evidenced by the last time he'd been over, when Colin's mum had made him clean his own plate after dinner instead of doing it for him. Colin puzzled through the question for a moment, then decided to let it go. If Shinobu was comfortable enough in his house to make himself at home and go rummaging around in the kitchen, that was probably a good thing. Colin wanted his friends to feel comfortable in his house, after all. Even with his parents hovering sometimes.

xxxjυѕт вecaυѕe everyтнιng'ѕ cнangιng doeѕn'т мean ιт'ѕ never вeen тнιѕ way вeғore
                                                          xxxxxxall yoυ can do ιѕ тry тo ĸnow wнo yoυr ғrιendѕ are
                                                          xxxxxxxxxaѕ yoυ нead oғғ тo тнe war - pιcĸ a ѕтar on тнe darĸ нorιzon
                                                          xxxxxxxxxxxxand ғollow тнe lιgнт. yoυ'll coмe вacĸ wнen ιт'ѕ over, no need тo ѕay goodвye

User Image

»» ««
                                                          xxoυт oғ cнaracтerxx
                                                          - - -

Diamond Wales

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:27 am
User Image

User Image
                                                  ════════════════════════

Mᴜɢɢʟᴇ || Uɴɪᴠᴇʀsɪᴛʏ Sᴛᴜᴅᴇɴᴛ || Aɢᴇ 17

════════════════════════

Shinobu nodded and retreated to the kitchen, grabbing himself a drink as well as Colin's water. When he returned, he just placed the water out of the way for Colin. He knew it was annoying when annoying when he had knocked over some drink when he was working on things and how much he hated having to try and salvage the mess and figured that Colin would be pretty much the same. Although, Colin wasn't necessarily working on a circuit board. His work was more clockwork which, while still intricate, didn't have the nasty problem of being ruined when it got wet. Not entirely, anyway. Rust was still an issue, after all.

He gave the phoenix an appraising eye, trying to figure out if they were all like the one he was making or if Colin had added embellishments here or there. Shinobu wasn't sure. He hadn't known they were real until recently after all.
                                                  "So, how's the phoenix coming along? Still trying to work out the mechanics?" Briefly he wondered if he could incorporate some of what he was seeing from Colin's designs into his own. Clockwork still wasn't something he had really gotten into, but Shinobu understood that robotics got its start somewhere.

════════════════════════

Thinking: No, I shouldn't be changing the audio on Colin, that's rude.
                                                  OOC:

-◬-

Cara MiaKitty

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:25 pm
User Image

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xx» wнere «xx
xxxLiving Room
xxxxxxxx» wιтн «xx
xxxxxxxxxShinobu
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxFocused

ιт ѕтarтed oυт aѕ a ғeelιng, wнιcн тнen grew ιnтo a нopexxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                          wнιcн тнen тυrned ιnтo a qυιeт тнoυgнт wнιcн тнen тυrned ιnтoxxxxxxxxx
                                                          a qυιeт word and тнen тнaт word grew loυder and loυderxxxxxx
                                                          'тιl ιт waѕ a вaттle cry - ι'll coмe вacĸ wнen yoυ call мe
                                                          xxx

spaceBy the time Shinobu had returned, Colin was already back in La La Land, and thus was once again caught off-guard when the other boy spoke. No jump this time, just a very abrupt pause in what he was doing, and a slight stiffening of his shoulders. It didn't help that, now that he was aware of Shinobu's presence, eh was also aware that his friend was looking over his shoulder at his work. He ought to be used to it, between nosy Caty and his nosy mother (both with the same name, just spelled differently, he noted), but it still unnerved him to have someone watching him work that closely. He exhaled a little sharply, trying not to let it bother him.

space"It's mostly just finding a way to make a larger puzzle fit into a smaller space," he replied. "Once I've got it more or less mapped out and fitting correctly, I can tweak the mechanics so that the wings are more, um... Well, phoenixes tend to be dramatic. Compared to owls. Which I guess you could figure just by looking at them." He snickered slightly. "Anyway, I eventually want to adjust it so that there's more, uh, ability to emote? I guess? But for now it's just compressing everything, getting rid of anything extraneous to free up space. That sort of thing." Admittedly, his first design wasn't as streamlined as it could be. He'd been working on it since he was probably thirteen, and another, very similar one prior to that. After that much time, he was loathe to toss anything out the window and start over. But, this was a new project, which meant he could make changes based on what he'd learned the first go-around. He'd already tossed a lot of extra mechanical fluff, things that had seemed necessary once upon a time, but he now realized could easily be replaced by one part pulling double duty. He was mostly struggling with adjusting the layout, moreso than what should and shouldn't be used.

spaceHe glanced at Shinobu out of the corner of his eye, smiling slightly.
                                                          "Needing a break from studying?" he guessed. It was all he could think of to explain why the other boy was suddenly curious about his work. Not that he wasn't always curious about what Colin was working on, but he didn't usually ask questions about it unless that was the topic at hand. At the moment, it seemed more like he was using it to avoid his studies. Which, Colin understood perfectly. He loved this stuff, but that didn't stop him from having moments where he swore if he looked at another gear, he'd go insane. He figured he and Shinobu were similar enough that it was a reasonable explanation for why he wasn't going back to his work. Maybe they should go for a walk or something, he thought. Stretch their legs, get some fresh air.

xxxjυѕт вecaυѕe everyтнιng'ѕ cнangιng doeѕn'т мean ιт'ѕ never вeen тнιѕ way вeғore
                                                          xxxxxxall yoυ can do ιѕ тry тo ĸnow wнo yoυr ғrιendѕ are
                                                          xxxxxxxxxaѕ yoυ нead oғғ тo тнe war - pιcĸ a ѕтar on тнe darĸ нorιzon
                                                          xxxxxxxxxxxxand ғollow тнe lιgнт. yoυ'll coмe вacĸ wнen ιт'ѕ over, no need тo ѕay goodвye

User Image

»» ««
                                                          xxoυт oғ cнaracтerxx
                                                          - - -

Diamond Wales

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2020 1:28 am
User Image

User Image
                                                ════════════════════════

Mᴜɢɢʟᴇ || Rᴏʙᴏᴛɪᴄs Eɴɢɪɴᴇᴇʀ || Aɢᴇ 29

════════════════════════

Shinobu glanced around the workroom, trying to see if Colin had some spare solder lying around. He had run out (well, he had been using quite a bit of what he'd originally had) and he needed a bit more to get one of the parts to his latest project working. He knew he had some at work, as well as prefab equipment for producing circuit boards, but this wasn't one of his projects at work. No, instead it was him updating one of the computers at home, and he needed to affix a certain component that had come loose. He could already hear his brother's complaints about Nobu being lame and not letting Akira have a shot at it, but, as he so often reminded Kira, he'd been the first person to even teach him how to put a circuit board together. There wasn't anything that Akira knew about the topic that Shinobu hadn't known already.

Sighing, he went over to Colin's work bench, thinking he'd seen some he could use for now over in that direction, when a sketch caught his eye. Pausing, the muggle cocked his head to the side, thinking that Colin was holding onto something for Caty. Caty, after all, designed jewellery, and she'd managed to con Shinobu into helping model something for her once. However, it didn't quite look like something that Caty usually made. Wrong style, if nothing else. He glanced toward the door, thinking that maybe Colin was in the doorway, but he didn't spot the blond there. He glanced back to the notebook, studying it closer, and definitely determined that it wasn't something Caty usually did with her works.

That's when he finally caught sight of the soldering iron... right next to a ring. That piqued Shinobu's interest, and he reached over to pick it up and examine it. It looked similar to the one in the notebook, and unless Caty had decided to do a project at their place and leave it behind, that meant that Colin had been the one to make it. Honestly it didn't look half bad, but why was Colin making rings? Putting it back, he figured that maybe Caty had asked Colin for some help with one of her projects and he'd decided he liked the challenge? Okay, granted it was different than some of his clockwork designs, but not so much if he could tell from some of the designs.

Shrugging it off, he grabbed some of the solder he had come in for and left the room, noticing that Colin had just come in. He waved, the line of solder visible as he greeted his boyfriend. "Hey, I hope you didn't mind, but I just grabbed some for that circuit board I was working on. Saw the ring you were working on. Helping Caty out?" He wouldn't be surprised if Colin was. After all, the two did work together on occasion.

════════════════════════

Thinking: Well, that was a pretty neat design for a ring.
                                                OOC:

-♡-

Cara MiaKitty

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2020 1:43 am
User ImageUser Image

═════════════════════════════════════════════
                                              нe ѕтυмвled ιnтo ғaιтн and тнoυgнт, "god, тнιѕ ιѕ all тнere ιѕ"
                                              тнe pιcтυreѕ ιn нιѕ мιnd aroѕe and вegan тo вreaтнe
                                              and all тнe godѕ ιn all тнe worldѕ вegan collιdιng
                                              on a вacĸdrop oғ вlυe, вlυe lιpѕ, вlυe veιnѕ

spaceAt this point, Colin basically lived in his workshop. He hadn't exactly meant to head that way when he'd arrived home just now, but his feet had naturally carried him there. He wasn't consciously thinking about working, but apparently that's what he intended to do. Which was fine, because he had a couple of orders to fill, and some personal projects he could tinker with. As far as he knew, Nobu would be up to his own eyebrows in computer parts at this time of day, anyway.

spaceOr, so he'd assumed, anyway. But Nobu was coming out of his workshop as he headed towards it, much to Colin's surprise. It wasn't that they didn't infiltrate each other's spaces all the time, they just tended to do it more when they were together than while the other was out and doing something else.
                                              "Nah, no big deal," he said with a shrug. It wasn't like they didn't share everything anyway. Hell, Colin was pretty sure the shirt he had on wasn't actually his.

spaceHis brow furrowed slightly, however, when Shinobu mentioned a ring. Ring? What- oh. The second it registered, he flushed, eyes widening. Nobu wasn't supposed to find that, had he seriously just left it out in the open? Idiot! He'd been doing such a good job of keeping it hidden. He didn't even... He wasn't, like, actively planning on proposing, really! He had no clue if they were there yet, really, it was just... it was just an idea. A notion. Possibly a very fanciful one, that he didn't need to be entertaining at this juncture. They were together, they lived together, maybe getting married was kind of pointless. Except Colin had thought about it once, and then he suddenly couldn't stop thinking about it. And then he'd designed, and made, a ring, which he didn't even intend to actually use for anything, let alone proposing to his boyfriend, and-!

space"Uh..." He swore his face couldn't get any redder. It was probably noticeable. Very much so. At least his boyfriend apparently had no inkling of what it was. Although, was that a bad sign? When you found a secret ring your significant other was keeping, didn't you usually at least consider that possibility? Then again, it's not like it'd been hidden in a sock drawer or something... "Uh, hm. Something like that?" he replied, voice weak. And not at all convincing. Well, he'd always been a pretty bad liar. In this case, 'something like that' meant that Caty had helped him, not the other way around, since jewelry was her forte and all. But Nobu didn't need to know that... and hopefully would just. Drop this. And Colin could... well, he could finish that ring, because he hated to leave something unfinished like that, and he could... resize it and wear it himself, maybe. Or give it to someone as a gift, or... or anything other than what it'd been intended for.

вlυe lιpѕ, вlυe veιnѕ, вlυe -
                                              тнe color oғ тнe planeт ғroм ғar, ғar away
                                              вlυe, тнe мoѕт нυмan color, вlυe

wнere - Workshop
                                              wнen - Fall 2049
                                              wιтн - Nobu
                                              - ooc -
                                              blah blah blah

Diamond Wales

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2020 10:25 pm
User Image

User Image
                                                ════════════════════════

Mᴜɢɢʟᴇ || Rᴏʙᴏᴛɪᴄs Eɴɢɪɴᴇᴇʀ || Aɢᴇ 29

════════════════════════

Shinobu's eyebrows rose as he noticed how awkward Colin seemed to be regarding him mentioning the ring. Was there something about it he was missing? It was possible, but he couldn't think of any reason why Colin would be so nervous about it unless it was important. Or... unless it was something personal. That was entirely possible. "Was there something important about it? I set it back where it was, so it's still safe. I just didn't think I should lose it since it seemed like a lot of work for..." His brain clicked as he thought about the reasons why Colin would have a ring like that. It certainly wasn't feminine, and Colin wasn't the sort that would make something like that unless there was a purpose.

He blushed red then, realizing just why Colin might have been working on a ring. Okay, so how was he supposed to react when he discovered an engagement ring by accident? He sure didn't know. After all, his aunt and uncle had been trying to pressure him into doing something more with his relationship, but he always attributed it to Clay and Denise being, well, Clay and Denise and nosing in. He was certain that Akira was getting the same kind of attention for his relationship with Callista. "I uh, I didn't realize. That was an engagement ring, wasn't it? I mean, you can probably obliviate me or something and make me forget it if you still wanted it to be a surprise. I just... sorry?" Oh, that sounded intelligent. What happened to him having a degree in engineering again? It certainly didn't seem like he had one, after all.

════════════════════════

Thinking: Well, that was a pretty neat design for a ring.
                                                OOC:

-♡-

Cara MiaKitty

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2020 11:23 pm
User ImageUser Image

нe ѕтυмвled ιnтo ғaιтн and тнoυgнт, "god, тнιѕ ιѕ all тнere ιѕ"
                                              тнe pιcтυreѕ ιn нιѕ мιnd aroѕe and вegan тo вreaтнe
                                              and all тнe godѕ ιn all тнe worldѕ вegan collιdιng
                                              on a вacĸdrop oғ вlυe, вlυe lιpѕ, вlυe veιnѕ

spaceColin could literally see the exact moment it clicked in Shinobu's head. Somehow, impossibly, he got even more red. He'd almost hoped that his boyfriend wouldn't put two and two together, because that would've been easier. Then, when (if, it was honestly an if) he'd actually managed to propose, Shinobu could've recognized the ring and they could've had a good laugh about it. Instead...

spaceHe swore there was a literal record scratch in his head at the mention of a memory spell. His eyes widened, and he nearly choked on his tongue. Coughing a bit, he forced himself to take a couple of breaths.
                                              "Oblivi- Are you insane?!" he asked, panicking ever so slightly. "That's, that's, that is very complicated magic, you can't-! I can't just-! No! I cannot 'just obliviate you or something', I am not anywhere near qualified for that, I-!"

spaceHe cut himself off, eyes squeezing shut as he shook his head. "Bloody hell, I wasn't even- I wasn't going to, like, it was more of a, a notion, a thought, a 'hm what if perhaps', not a bloody plan, I just-! Thought, you know, if it seemed like, at some point, it was going to be a good idea, I'd have a ring ready? Or something? I-" He forced his eyes open, wishing slightly that the ground would swallow him whole. He huffed. "I dunno what I was doing, I just, obviously you're not, not ready or interested in that, right now, but I thought maybe eventually you would be, and then, well how about that, I've already got a ring-" Colin was increasingly aware that he was teetering on the edge of a full blown anxiety attack, which had not happened to him in years. Then again, he'd never been caught out at sneaking around behind his boyfriend's back, doing things said boyfriend potentially would not approve of or appreciate. That seemed as good a reason as any to freak out. Maybe later, once this was talked out and they hopefully had put it behind them and not broken up, he'd allow himself to fall to pieces for a few minutes. Scream into a pillow or something.

spaceHe swallowed, feeling rather like a bug under a microscope. Some distant part of him was aware he was overreacting, possibly, but that part was very much deeply buried under layers and layers of nerves.
                                              "Just, uh, look, can we just, just forget about this? Without a memory spell, because, hell, I am not- I wouldn't mess with your brain like that, Nobu, even if I could do it, that's not right, I can't... I wouldn't like, rely on magic to, to fix our problems, like that." He made a mental note to, later, at some point, possibly have a conversation with Nobu about boundaries, and appropriate uses of magic. Or, to at least tell Clay and Denise to have it. The ease with which Nobu had suggested that was a little concerning. "Just, you know. Uh. If, if you decide, at some point, you would like the ring, maybe, you can just. Uh. Say so. And I'll give it to you. But, just, for now, maybe, don't, uh, worry about it? No, no pressure?" Colin was certainly feeling a lot of pressure, suddenly, which he would like to alleviate. He would also like to not be broken up with. Which was a concern, this was a thing people got broken up with over. Shite.

wнere - Workshop
                                              wнen - Fall 2049
                                              wιтн - Nobu
                                              - ooc -
                                              blah blah blah

Diamond Wales

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50