Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply [IC] Mwezi'Johari Lands
[PRP] Two is Company, Three is a Crowd, Four is...?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SilverLutz
Crew

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 6:40 pm
User Image

Grinsen bopped along down one of the many footpaths that led to the river, a clear mark of the border of the pride. He liked to head that way to get a drink rather than the watering hole in the center of the pride, just so he could see what was going on and if any familiar faces were passing by in the rogue lands. The older lion always seemed to have a bit of pep in his step no matter what he was doing, and there was always an easy grin on his face. He was enjoying his new home even if there had been a lot of killing going on lately. It seemed to be dying down, though. Pun intended.

As he reached the river he leaned down to take a drink, blissfully unaware of his surroundings. What a great guard he was.

User Image

Grinsen wasn't the only one walking the border of the pride. Jioni had left her usual stomping grounds in the heart of the pride to clear her mind and get some fresh air. A lot had happened of the past few cycles of the moon, and finally things were tipping in their favor. The king was dead and the rebels had secured their hold on the pride. The Loyalists were slowly giving up, and a new ruler would be put in place soon.

She had been thinking about all of that too much, though, and needed a night to just enjoy the night sky. It used to be a favorite pass time of hers, but the past few years had been rather stressful and she hadn't been able to do it as often as she would have liked. Now, though, she could take her time and soak in the starlight.

She spotted Grin by the water and smiled a bit. "Good evening," she said to let him know she was there. The grey lion lifted his head, chin dripping with water.

"Eh? Oh, hey," he said with a shake of his mane. "Nice night, huh?"

Cajanic

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 6:51 pm
User Image User Image

Wehn Elenheril and Nin and come to the pride, they had been looking for a place to live peacefully and happily with one another. A place where they would be safe and their daughter wouldn't have to worry about them. Unfortunately, that didn't really end up happening, considering everything that had come about after their arrival. Of course, their being there had nothing to do with the events taking place- they had just come at the wrong time.

They had discussed leaving. Finding a more peaceful pride that wasn't in the middle of some kind of internal war. They just wanted to live happily. That wasn't so much to ask, was it? They really had no ties to any of the lines seeking the throne, and wanted nothing to do with any of the bloodshed.

Ultimately, though, they had decided that this was, in fact, their home, and leaving meant abandoning a piece of themselves. So they decided to stick around and see how things progressed. Be there when the pride needed help stabilizing itself again. Love and comfort, they could offer.

And not much more than that.

They moved together towards a river, where they spotted two other lions already having a conversation. "Ah, hello," offered Elenheril, "I hope we're not disturbing you."

"We were just looking to have a drink," added Nin.

SilverLutz

Cajanic

Generous Unicorn

SilverLutz
Crew

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 6:59 pm
Jioni had opened her mouth to reply, but two more lions appeared and spoke up. Grin turn to look as well, his signature smirk on his face. "Oh, not at all. There's plenty of river for everyone," he said, motioning with his paw to the water.

Jioni gave a little chuckle as she moved closer, eyes taking in the three lions. The grey one she had seen a few times before in passing, although she didn't know his name. The other two she had never seen before. It was nice to know that the pride was still taking in new members even with the civil war.

"It's a wonderful evening," she said, her voice gentle and soft but somehow still carried clearly. "I'm afraid I'm not sure of your names. I'm Jioni," she said, offering her own first.

"Grinsen," Grin returned before leaning in for another quick drink. He wanted to make sure his whistle was wet for all the talking he was certainly about to do! It had been a while since he had been in a group of lions and the thought of chit-chatting was exciting.

Cajanic

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 7:12 pm
The two smiled at the reception, feeling a bit more at ease. With so much tension in the air, it was difficult to know who you were and were not supposed to be speaking to. They were both glad that these two, at least ,seemed to want to have a normal conversation without things getting awkward or surrounded by suspicion.

There was nothing to worry about with the two of them- they were not standing on either side of the fence, so to speak. Then again, it wasn't like anyone was going to know that just from looking at them.

"It's nice to meet the both of you," the female spoke up with a warm smile. She was always more out-going than her mate. He, meanwhile, nodded his head in agreement, though his neutral expression made it difficult to know if he really was pleased or not.

"My name is Elenheril," continued the female, "and this is my mate, Nin." She nodded her head, motioning for him to come closer. He, of course, obeyed his mate and moved forward to properly greet the other two.

"Hello," he said, "nice to, uh, meet you both."

SilverLutz

Cajanic

Generous Unicorn

SilverLutz
Crew

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 7:31 pm
"Grinsen, Elenheril, and Nin," Jioni said, looking at each lion in turn. As a Lady she was expected to know anything and everything about the pride, but she was more interested in meeting the others that inhabited it as well. Now that this whole coup was over - or just about, at least - she could let down her guard and not be suspicious of everyone new that she came across.

"It's wonderful to meet you all, and I'm quite glad to see fresh faces around here." It was also encouraging to know that they were mates. The pride could do with some more cubs running around, some that would never know the rule of the tyrant that had been slain.

Grin motioned for the two newcomers to come to the river to get the drink they had been looking for. "I'm not that fresh," he said. "I've been here for a bit. Of course, this place is kind of big...biggest pride I've ever been a part of, at least. It's hard getting to know everyone!"

Cajanic

[IC] Mwezi'Johari Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff