Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply [IC] Mwezi'Johari Lands
[PRP] So You Want to Join the Family? (Runa & Tseva)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2016 10:13 am
User Image

So the Seer's words had come to pass, at last. Though the fact of the Seer hadn't come to light for the pride as a whole - a curious thing, but it wasn't Tseva's place to say. Yes, she'd been here for well over a year now, birthed and raised a second litter here, but the former Jini-msemi still thought of herself in that way, as not truly being of the Mwezi'Johari.

Would it always be like that? She couldn't really say. Wasn't sure she wanted to. Gods all knew there was no going back to the swamps, not after that fire, and the mountain sure as hell wasn't home. At least here she had Avahk by her side, and that was worth much.

Especially with Shangyue's death. The pride seemed quiet after that, waiting with bated breath to see who the next King or Queen would be. At least it seemed like the rift between those who'd supported the cruel King and those who'd opposed him was healing. The lions who'd dwelt on the edges of the pride with Meshach had returned, and that was no small thing. The black lioness had seen and heard about how one of her sons had taken up with one of said former border-dwelling rebels. Now seemed like as good a time as any to get to know her prospective relatives.

"Good evening...Runa, is it?" she offered, approaching the younger lioness. This was, if she had figured ages and markings correctly, the mother of her would-be daughter-in-law.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 9:28 am
User Image

With recent events behind her, Runa felt the weight of her worries finally settled onto her shoulders. The lioness felt years older than she really was simply because of stress. Even now, with the worst of it behind her, she still couldn't seem to relax. Her mate had been attacked, the Usurper was dead and now...now came the waiting. She was trying to keep herself together simply for her mate's sake, but honestly, Runa was ready to scream.

Adjusting to life within the pride didn't come easy to her either. She suspected it was mostly due to her reluctance to actually find a rhythm, but after living as a rogue for so long Runa was having issues. The lioness didn't trust anyone; old habits were hard to break, and to her anyone she didn't know personally was still a threat to her family.

Including her would be son-in-law and his kin.

"Yes, and you would be Tseva Reygehl." Runa tried to seem approachable for her daughter's sake, but she was suspicious and it showed. The larger lioness carried herself with a gruff sort of stoicism, one that was only lifted around her immediate family. "Your son plans to take my daughter as his mate, and she him. I have my concerns with this union, as I'm sure you do as well."

mouselet

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2016 3:56 pm
"Concerns?" Tseva hadn't heard any reason to be worried, up until now. She hadn't been completely up to date on everything in the pride, and wondered if there was something she was missing. Or, worse, if there was something wrong with Runa's daughter.

"What are you worried about?" she asked the magenta female. The black lioness had thought - hoped - that their worries were over now that Shangyue was gone. Were there more problems still in the pride?  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2016 5:57 pm
"Everything and nothing." Runa answered on a breathy sigh. She felt eons older than she had before this business with Shangyue had started up, and wished for a smidge of youth to return to her bones.

"I know little about your son, or your family. With everything that has happened concerning my mate and his family, I'm sure you can see why I feel the need to be a little cautious." She tried to look friendly, truly she did, but the lioness was far too militant to pull it off. From the way she stood to the way she spoke, Runa was all business.

"What was your involvement in the rebellion? What was your families personal stance? Were you aware of your sons involvement with my daughter? Or his 'secret' trips to the border?"

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 5:51 pm
The black lioness offered a friendly, if slightly nervous smile. She'd never met a person quite like Runa before, and wasn't entirely certain what to make of being bombared with inquiries.

"So many questions!" she replied with a nervous laugh. "Let's see if I can assuage your fears. I personally wasn't involved with the rebellion, though I wholeheartedly agreed with it. I don't keep track of my grown children's every movement - I trust that I've raised them to be responsible lions who can take care of themselves. As for my family..." Tseva laughed again, this time for real.

"I can really only tell you about my parents and that side of the family. But not a one of them is here, in the Mwezi'Johari. I'm originally from the Jini-msemi," she explained. "And don't ask me to keep track of Avahk's family. As far as I'm concerned, it's half the pride."  
[IC] Mwezi'Johari Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games