Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 9:38 am
User Image

The larger lioness wasn't entirely sure what to do anymore.

Ever since her mate's attack she had been on high alert. That disgraceful blow had cost him much needed strength in his battle against Shangyue, but at the very least...at the very least that beast was dead. Slain by his own sons; his 'heir', no less. Runa hadn't felt that amount of relief in years, and the release had helped her to unwind.

Though, it hadn't been enough to remove all of her stress. There was still a lot of work to do before the pride was stable once again, and their roles hadn't yet ended. Still, it was time for her offspring to find their places in the Mwezi. Although they had been placed in classes just shortly after their birth in a secret ceremony, Runa knew they would still need to chose a rank.

And thus why she was approaching each individually.

"Chandran?"

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 9:57 am
Painted Moose

Chandran was still in a daze from everything. Watching his father being attacked like that to feeling despair that changed overnight into hope for a new future was a confusing set of emotions. He felt almost as if a whirlwind had just swept through making everything almost appear like a bad dream. And now after years of being raised a rogue he was finally in the home pride he had heard so much about.

He was....at home?

The lion shook his head with confusion before his mother's approach made him pause, "Yes mother?" His gaze was solemn, an attempt to hide the chaos beneath, as he glanced up towards the purple lioness. "May I help you?"  

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 10:05 am
Sabra Knight

"How are you holding up?"
If it felt this strange for her to be back within the Mwezi's borders then it must feel doubly so for her cubs. At least she and the other adults had the benefit of having been here before, but they...Runa knew for a fact that Yue'shi wasn't taking to the changes well, not that she had expected anything less, but she had hopes for Chandran. He was much more level headed than his sister; much less prone to breaking rules and causing a ruckus.

Still, the boy had to have his concerns.

"I've been asked by the Shaman to see what ranks you and your siblings wish to take. Living here won't be like living in the rogue lands; you'll have specific duties to attend to, but at the very least you'll be able to pick between two. Would you like to know your options or do you have one picked out?"

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 3:22 pm
Painted Moose

"I'm still standing so I suppose that's a plus." Replied Chandran with a wry smile towards his mother, "How about you? I hear many are excited to be back...home." Still, it was curious how 'home' felt more like a burden than a relief. The young lion shook away the thought - perhaps that was a bit of Yue'shi speaking for him.

"Ranks?" Chandran sighed before pacing around his mother to sit at her other side, "What ranks are there for me? I hear the role of King is also up for grabs if you have the right bloodline." He commented solemnly, "But I'm supposing that's not in my list of options, I hope."

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 8:38 am
Sabra Knight

Runa shrugged her shoulders. "This was always more a home for your father than for me. Mine is wherever my family is...so right now it just so happens to be the Mwezi." She quirked her maw into a sardonic grin. "I'm adjusting. It isn't isn't, but I suppose you know all about that, don't you?" It was a rhetorical question, one she didn't expect him to answer. Yue'shi had already vocalized her dislike of the rules enough for Runa to get a sense of how the others felt.

"Actually, in a way, King is open to you. Your father was a Prince, after all. Not that I advise taking the position; too many dramatics." Runa shook her head. No, she would prefer to have her offspring as far away from that mess as possible. "You're part of the Middle Class now, which means you can choose to be a Guard or a Hunter."

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 4:45 pm
Painted Moose

Chandran nodded, "I understand those feelings, mother." The lion's gaze shifted around them thoughtfully. If not for his family then this place would have no meaning to him at all. It was the same as the savanna they had lived in. It was simply a landscape with a different group of lions to hunt with. Having to survive with his family had taught him that much so this whole concept of having ranks and superiority simply because of your birth made no sense. You worked together to survive and that was more important to the lion. Now perhaps if it was set to whoever was the strongest and smartest...then they would understandably have the better positions because they would help the rest survive. Chandran shook his head as the thoughts distracted him, "Sorry mother...it's a lot to think on."

He shook his head, "That is true? Seems to be more troublesome though to be a king." The last thing he wanted was to be assasinated by another wishing for his power. The lion's gaze narrowed. Hadn't this whole fight been for that position after all? "Agreed." The lion shifted on his paws, "Both of which I have served as my entire life thus far. It's strange thinking I have to be assigned to one." He smiled, " Have you heard about the rest of my siblings, what they desire to do?"  

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

[IC] Mwezi'Johari Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces