Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Safaia

Vice Captain

Trickster

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 5:38 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

It was hot. Maybe even too hot. How was it possible for it to be this hot???

Hueneme wasn't feeling all that well. She didn't know if it was the heat, or perhaps she was sick with a fever which was making it worse...but she felt awful. Dreadful. Terrible.

She was dragging herself around, trying to find some shade to relax in. And maybe someone to complain to. At least the clan wasn't migrating for a few more days (maybe? it was hard for her to keep track), so she could sit around and be sick.

"Ugggh I am dyyyyyinggggg!" she whined, heavy paws lazily carrying her around. Where was shade? Was she going blind too?!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 5:46 pm
User Image

Tatsuwa generally preferred to keep busy but on a hot day like today, it was really much better to stick to the shade- and it seemed she had thought of it sooner than some others. But she had to, she was completely black. She was under one of the few trees to be found in their current camp when she heard a loud cry from a familiar voice-- it took some doing to find, the voice came from behind her and the suffering lioness nearly faded into the drying landscape.. and she had her back to the one tree she would easily find.

"Hueneme?" she said, staring for a moment before realizing just how distressed she seemed to be and getting herself up, "Hueneme! What's wrong?"  

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

Safaia

Vice Captain

Trickster

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 5:57 pm
"Tatsuwa..." Hueneme was thrilled to see her sister. This sister. Then she could find out the truth.

"Is it hot today or is it just me? I'm not....feeling well but I don't know if the heat is all in my mind or not." She dragged herself into the shade, instantly telling herself she felt better since the harsh sunlight was no longer directly on her skin.

"I didn't think I was feeling well earlier and I think its only getting worse," she sighed, her words slow as she tried to make sure she didn't jumble them up in an exhausted mess.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 6:05 pm
Brow furrowed, Tatsuwa gave her sister a good look up and down as she explained that she wasn't feeling well. She didn't look well, and that was enough to cause concern. Hopefully it would just turn out to be because she was convinced she was ill and not because she truly was.

"Come rest in the shade, you'll feel better," she said hopefully, "Have you had anything to eat today? Or drink?"  

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

Safaia

Vice Captain

Trickster

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 6:10 pm
Hueneme made herself a bit more comfortable near Tatsuwa, her mouth open a little wider than normal as she tried to cool herself down.

"I don't...think I've had much to eat today," she replied thoughtfully. "But I did try to get a little water when I started to feel ill. Maybe I didn't have enough?" It seemed like too much work to walk all the way to a watering hole, at least with how overheated she was currently feelings.

"Do I look awful?" she whined, letting herself fall belly-first onto the ground. How was Tatsuwa not melting away, with that black coat of her's?!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 6:48 pm
It was hard to judge just how much of this was Hueneme being dramatic, she did have that tendency.. it was hot out and if she'd been doing anything even remotely active for any length of time, she would certainly be uncomfortable. But this bad?

Tatsuwa gave her sister another look up and down, stopping to squint at her tongue .. and then back to her eyes. She bit back a smile. It was probably safe to have a bit of fun with her.

"Yes, this looks serious," she said, "Maybe I should go find Agatanai.."  

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

Safaia

Vice Captain

Trickster

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 6:52 pm
Hueneme wasn't sure she liked that squinting Tatsuwa gave her, but she was too exhausted to care. Much. The ground wasn't much cooler than the air, but at least she didn't have to exert energy to keep herself sitting up. It helped her ease off of the slight dizziness too.

"Oh man, he's just going to yell at me, I know it," Hueneme whined again. This wasn't the first time she had gotten sick, but she hadn't quite been taking the best care of herself either. She deserved a scolding.

"Is there...water nearby, you think?"

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 7:03 pm
It was harder not to laugh at the mention of how Agatanai was likely to just yell at Hueneme for not taking proper care of herself-- or letting her mind run away with her and make it worse, making herself sick. But he was their nvwati and that was his job.. he was probably more easy-going when it wasn't his sisters.

"That's his job," she said sternly, though there was definitely a hint of amusement in there.

Pausing, Tatsuwa stopped to look around. They'd been at this camp for long enough she ought to have known her way around better already, but she hadn't cared where she ended up when seeking out the shade.

"I think so, but I think we should get Agatanai first."  

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

Safaia

Vice Captain

Trickster

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 7:12 pm
Hueneme sighed when Tatsuwa confirmed that their nvwati brother would probably just yell at her. Not in the meanest way, but not in a gentle way, either. She didn't feel like she deserved it...what if she really was sick??

"Ok, ok. I agree with you," Hueneme said, slowly pushing herself back up on her feet. Farewell, sweet ground. Perhaps they'd find another area that was a bit cooler when they made contact with Agatanai.

"I'll follow you. I'll try to walk as fast as I can but I can't promise anything about my speed," she sighed. Blast that sun, and this heat! And maybe even this fever she had!!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 7:19 pm
"Nope!"

Tatsuwa was right beside Hueneme when she pushed herself up to her feet slowly, trying to be gentle in making an effort to push her back down. At the very least, her sister needed to take it easy somewhere shaded.. and there was no place better than this. Especially since this was where they already were.

"You wait here, we're not too far away," she said, "I'll go find him and bring him back here, you take it easy, Hueneme."  

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

Safaia

Vice Captain

Trickster

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 7:23 pm
"Oof." Hueneme hadn't quite been expecting Tatsuwa to be pushing her back down on the ground. Especially since none of them really knew if she was sick-sick. Maybe just heat-sick.

"Oh, ok." The tan coloured lioness slid herself back down onto her belly, resting her head on her paws. "I promise I won't move from here, so come back soon."

It was too hot to sleep, but at least she could get some rest in.

[IC] Ela'wadiyi Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games