Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Safaia

Vice Captain

Trickster

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 9:10 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Aosa was pacing around the mouth of her den, waiting for her delivery. Her patient, Aoife, was running a small fever and complained of headaches. She was a known strong seer, but the persistent headaches had concerned the healer and she had sent for some stronger herbs to hopefully help combat them. Then the fever developed, and Aosa was more concerned than before.

Aoife was laying on the cool, flat ground, hoping to ease the dull pain in her head. She felt like she had been here for forever, but it had only been a day and a half since she searched out a healer to help her. A slight groan would escape her as she shifted around, the dull pain throbbing when she moved too much, or too quickly. Blasted head!  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 9:19 pm
It had been quite some time since she and Nyota returned to the Pridelands but Mizi was extremely happy for it- and they had both been delighted when the opportunity to properly work together had come up. When they had left, Nyota's familiar Theluthi had been too nervous to leave so Mizi had gone instead.. but now they were all together and it was simply better that way!

The three of them had all gone out together to hunt down the herbs the healer had requested, but they were harder to find than expected. While the other two kept asking around and hunting some down, Mizi had been sent ahead with what they could find.

The bright purple lioness was hard to miss, even in a pride as colorful as this, and Mizi picked up the pace when she spotted her waiting.

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

Safaia

Vice Captain

Trickster

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 9:25 pm
Aosa was still a little restless when her eyes caught sight of a movement coming towards her. A little something holding more somethings. The delivery!

"Ah, perfect timing," the healer said, nodding to the hare with its small bundle of herbs. "She's stabilized but I'm worried it'll get worse without these." She offered a small bow and finally, a soft smile. Worrying creases along her brow were only going to age her faster. "Thank you."

Aoife heard a bit of movement towards the front of the healer's den, and couldn't contain her curiosity. She moved, very slowly, and with quite steps, towards the entrance. She promptly got a small scolding from Aosa, and folded her ears back in apology. "Thank you."

"They weren't too hard to find, were they?" Aosa asked. "I know its a little early in the season for these herbs..."  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 9:32 pm
Mizi tumbled to a stop at the feet of the healer and looked up at her with a smile despite the rather grim appearance of the purple lioness. She turned herself over and pushed up, dropping the herbs at her feet. Delivery made, mission accomplished.. kind of.

"We hope it's enough to help," she said, speaking for herself and her absent companions, "Nyota and Theluthi should come by with more, but we wanted to get what we did find already to you."

She offered a lopsided smileand started when Aoife appeared.

"Too early to build up a good stock," she said, looking back at Aosa, "But not too early to help one lioness."

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

Safaia

Vice Captain

Trickster

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 9:44 pm
Aosa nodded, shifting the herbs at her feet to check the quantity and the quality of the delivery. It was a good amount so early in the season, and it should be more than enough to help Aoife get over this mild fever she had. If the fever broke, the headache should soon follow. "This will be plenty to help Aoife, who should be in the back, resting."

Aoife looked shamefully at the two of them. "I couldn't just ignore the visitor and not say hello." Aoife was a friendly, social lioness who just couldn't help herself. She knew that she should go lay down, but she needed a moment to brace herself before returning to lay down. "Thank you again."

"I am sure it will be a good harvest. Thanks for looking into them early for me, and for such a prompt delivery, we owe you this favor. Could I invite you in for a break? I'm sure I have some mild herbs you could snack on before returning to work."  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 9:56 pm
Mizi smiled shyly back and forth between the two lionesses. She liked having a special job to do around here, it was much better than simply hiding out near the den of your preferred lion- though nobody was especially threatening around here, they knew all kinds of prey-beasts had friends around the pride.

She ought to politely decline Aosa's offer, but she was curious.

"I'd like that," she said, "The others might not be far behind me anyway."

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

Safaia

Vice Captain

Trickster

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 10:11 pm
Aosa was thrilled, really. She just wanted to show a little bit of appreciation, and was happy it was being well received. "Perfect."

Aoife was turning around, and stumbled a bit. Blast. An easy way to suddenly get everyone's attention on her, and how she wasn't doing too well. She knew better than to curse under her breath, but she certainly cursed silently in her mind. "I...I'm ok."

Aosa jumped right to her side. "Clearly you're not. Lets get you settled in while Mizi can look over what mild herbs I have for her to munch on. You are also going to be chewing on some herbs, and I can promise they're not as sweet as I am." Her tail was a bit tense, but she was trying to not overreact too much to her patient's movements.

Aoife cringed. "Alright, alright..." and started walking towards the back.

"Sorry about that, Mizi. I'm sure they'll be here any moment. Do you want to wait for them, or come in now? I'm sure if you sat of Aoife's tail she wouldn't move; she's too nice to push anyone over but herself." Aosa snorted.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 10:17 pm
Mizi watched Aoife move with confusion and concern. She hadn't made very many deliveries to healers before but this was definitely the first where a patient was right there. And she was trying so hard to not be sick, despite the fact that she was bad enough to need a healer.

"I'll come in," she said shyly, giggling a bit and assuming (hoping) it was a joke about sitting on Aoife's tail. Nyota could talk like that but Mizi had far more practice knowing when she was joking.

"What's wrong with you, Aoife?" she asked, hopping along cautiously. She almost asked Aosa but she knew some didn't like being talked about like they weren't right there. And she definitely was right there.

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

Safaia

Vice Captain

Trickster

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 10:21 pm
Aosa walked ahead of the pair with her herbs, rushing to prep them so Aofie wouldn't taste all of that bitterness. Mixing them with a bit of mint should help, and then Aoife may actually sleep tonight. She hummed as she began to work.

Aoife followed slower, but she was glad to have company beyond the mildly bristly Aosa. "I have a headache, and a fever. I'm not sure which one happened first, but....I'm sure the headache was triggered by a strong vision. Sometimes being a seer isn't all its cracked up to be."  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 10:35 pm
"Oh my!" Mizi squeaked, "I guess not."

She wasn't personally acquainted with many seers except her littlest brother, and if he had a lot of visions he didn't talk much about it.. but she suspected that was part of why he was so quiet and withdrawn sometimes. She knew her lions' had their fair share of familiarity with it, though, too.

Then a thought struck her- she knew something to help. It wasn't what Aosa had asked for, but it was something Koko liked and she'd bet her whiskers she knew why. Suddenly perked up, she smiled at Aoife and Aosa.

"I just remembered something, I have to go find Nyota," she said, and scampering away without waiting for another word. A benefit of being so small and fast. It made escapes very easy!

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

Safaia

Vice Captain

Trickster

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 10:39 pm
Aoife blinked, and Aosa glanced over just to see Mizi running off. "What was that?" Aoife shrugged. "I don't know, but I'm sure that she will be back," she said, watching the hare disappear before her eyes.

"Well, munch on some of these herbs and try to get some rest. I'll wake you up when she returns. Promise." Aosa handed over the mixture of herbs, and Aoife did her best to chew on them. Such a contract of flavors, it wasn't all that tasty. She did her best to chew them down, resting her head on the cool ground.

Hopefully another vision wouldn't strike soon, not when she was feeling so ill...and she dozed off.

Aosa kept messing with her herbs, seeing if there was anything she could offer to Mizi when she returned. It was a good delivery she had made, and ample compensation was worth it.  
[IC] Pridelands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games