Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply [IC] Ela'wadiyi Lands
[PRP] A Quiet Evening (Shilah and Ayianna)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sherpuff

Tactical Tycoon

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2016 6:57 pm
AstoriaFallen

User Image Dusk was the perfect time of day, in Shilah's opinion. There were very few things that he enjoyed more than sitting on a sun-warmed rock, watching the light slowly fade from the sky and the fireflies come out to play. It was so very relaxing. Also an excellent time for daydreaming, a great passion of Shilah's.

It wasn't that he didn't enjoy talking with others. He just preferred to listen. He liked to follow others, enjoying their exuberant stories, their grand jokes, their furious debates. He got just as much joy and appreciation out of it as they did. Maybe some of his friends and family thought that he was standoffish. Perhaps some others thought that he was a little dumb, a little slower than the others. But that was okay, it didn't bother Shilah. He was sure that eventually, he would find someone else who would understand how he felt. Perhaps then he would want to join in the conversation.

He stretched on his rock and luxuriated in a large yawn. The fireflies danced overhead and as the stars began to appear in the sky, he returned to his quiet musing.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2016 7:19 pm
Sherpuff

User ImageSilence was something that was greatly neglected, at least she thought it was. Others liked to drone on chatting among one another in an attempt to see who had brought back the largest buck or who had created the best medicine. She shook her head and dismissed the thoughts of the day from her mind and allowed herself to become lost in the coming darkness of the night. The temperature was almost perfect and fireflies danced around as she walked along slowly. She had recently met a very lovely male with golden wings marked upon his body and she was curious if she'd run into him again sometime. However, tonight was not going to be that time.

She had always been the quiet one. She knew that she didn't stand out in the crowd because of her boisterous ways or charming personality, she stood out because she didn't like to socialize that much. Mainly it was due to her past and a fear of strangers that had been embedded into her. Though she wouldn't really say that anyone within the pride would count as a stranger, she just found it best to not associate too much with everyone else. While she had grown up here since she was a small cub, she still wasn't exactly native.

Gaze fell upon a ghost in the night, the milky white coat and grey mane glowing in the soft moonlight. She paused in her steps for a moment as she took the time to look him over before approaching a little closer so she could speak to him. "Hello." Her voice was soft and carried itself lightly upon the air as she came to a spot where she could look upon his face. "I'm not interrupting you am I?"  

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

Sherpuff

Tactical Tycoon

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2016 8:03 am
AstoriaFallen

Shilah was gently pulled out of his musings by a quiet voice. He glanced over, expecting to see one of his siblings come to fetch him or one of the other clan members. He was surprised to see a lioness that he didn't recognize, lit by the fireflies dancing around and the waning sunlight.

"Oh hello there," he replied with a shy smile. "Not at all," he hastened to assure her. Shilah was unfailingly polite and kind to others, a trait that he'd been teased about growing up from siblings and friends alike. Good-natured teasing, of course. He wondered what had brought her out here, but thought it too rude to ask.

"Please, feel free to join me," he said kindly. "It is a lovely spot to watch the sunset."

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2016 12:19 pm
Sherpuff
gaia must of ate your quote. silly gaia

She was pleased that she hadn't interrupted him and gave him a warm smile when he said she was more than welcome to join him. Moving closer she took a seat nearby and curled her tail around her feet as she glanced over towards him. "Thank you for allowing me to join you, it was very kind." Her voice was soft as she turned her gaze to look at the sky. Everything was so peaceful and she couldn't help but feel a little more relaxed. "I'm Ayianna, what is your name?" She asked him curiously.  

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

Sherpuff

Tactical Tycoon

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2016 1:35 pm
AstoriaFallen
Not surprising, lol. Gaia hates me sometimes.

Shilah watched shyly from the corner of his eye as the lovely female settled comfortably nearby. He knew that it was rude to stare and he definitely didn't want to be rude, but he was certain that he'd never seen this female before. He would have remembered her.

"Hello, Ayianna," he said with a friendly smile, "My name is Shilah T'sagi."

It belatedly occurred to him that he might not recognize her because she belonged to a different clan. It wouldn't be the first time that he'd run into members of one of the other clans, but it usually happened as a group.

"I'm part of Mantis Clan," he stated after a moment. "May I ask what clan you are?"

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2016 5:12 pm
Sherpuff

"That's lovely name." She said saying it softly to herself as she put it to memory. She knew that since she hadn't been born here she would never have a surname but they were still fun to hear. The other male she had met had been from the Sky Clan. She was pleased that she was finally meeting some of the other Clans. "I'm from the Wolf Clan." She said with a small smile. "You're the first lion from the Mantis Clan I've met. What is your clans profession?" She asked him curiously. She wasn't entirely too keen on what the other clans did. While they all had basic duties each clan had it's own 'profession' of sorts.  

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

Sherpuff

Tactical Tycoon

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2016 3:23 pm
AstoriaFallen
Sorry for taking so long! I've been recovering from a vicious sinus and double ear infection. Finally finished with antibiotics and feeling better. Thanks for being so patient! <3

"Thank you," said Shilah earnestly. He was very proud of his family and his clan.

Thanks to his passion for learning and thinking, Shilah was pretty well versed in the history of the pride and of the clans, though he hadn't met many lions outside of Mantis Clan.

"Mantis Clan is fairly well known for their strength and skill in battle," said Shilah, almost reciting from his learnings. Personally, Shilah wasn't very strong, but he was a good hunter because of his speed and planning abilities. He certainly wasn't the best, or even one of the best, but he could hold his own. It was part of his duties and he treated it as such, though he couldn't really say that he enjoyed it as much as many of the other hunters and huntresses did.

"Do you enjoy Wolf Clan?" he asked, both to be polite and because he was curious. The members of Wolf Clan, if he was remembering correctly, were responsible for the crafting of the items worn by all of the members, including his own.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2016 10:02 pm
Sherpuff

The clans skill set interested her a great deal. "That sounds vastly fascinating. Perhaps you can show me a few things?" She was curious to know more, while she was great with what she did for the wolf clan there was always more to be learned! There was never a thing such as too much learning, at least not in her mind. She personally loved being able to craft some of what the other pride members wore, especially the other clans.

While she only vaguely remembered her life outside the pride she had to say that she very much enjoyed doing what she did for the wolf clan. "Yes. I do very much." She said looking at him with a strong smile. She loved her family a great deal, even if they were only her adopted one. However she never viewed them as such, whenever she introduced them to others they were her mother and father. "Do you enjoy your clan?" She asked in return.  

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

Sherpuff

Tactical Tycoon

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 8:52 am
AstoriaFallen

Shilah pondered her question. Did he enjoy his clan? Of course he did, but he'd never really known anything different. Battle wasn't really his favorite thing in the world, like others that he knew, but it was his duty. Personally, he was more interested in learning about the world around him and the way things worked. Secretly he thought that he would maybe fit in better in a different clan, but he would miss his family terribly if he left.

"I do," he said after some thought, "But it is all I ever grew up knowing," he admitted with honesty. "Some of my siblings are better at hunting than I am, but we do work well together."

"So may I ask what brings you out here tonight?" he said, politely. He didn't want to pry, but he was always curious and it usually got the better of him.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 8:58 am
Sherpuff
Forgot to say it in my last quote but glad you're doing better! And no worries, I know stuff happens RL. <3 <3

That was understandable. She remembered the few short months outside of the pride when she lived elsewhere but she did her best to not dwell on it, not anymore. "Working together is a wonderful thing." She added with a smile. While there were those that were lacking in certain skills, if the others pulled together anything could be accomplished regardless. "I just wanted to get out a little. I've come to the sad realization I never really leave my families area much and wanted to change that." It was true. She was a hermit.  

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

Sherpuff

Tactical Tycoon

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 9:03 am
AstoriaFallen
Thank you! I am finally feeling much better. <3

Shilah nodded emphatically. He knew that feeling all too well. He too had been feeling strangely restless as of late. His curious nature made him want to explore outside of the norm and though he was happy with his family and his clan, sometimes he longed for something...more.

"I understand completely," he assured with a kind smile.

He turned his gaze back to the sky as he realized that the light was growing dim. The sun had finished setting and the remaining light was fading quickly from the sky. Stars dotted the dark blanket overhead. It was growing late.

"Oh my goodness," he said with chagrin, "I didn't realize that it was growing so late."

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 9:09 am
Sherpuff

She was pleased that she wasn't the only one to have the urge to wander lately. It wasn't a bad thing, not to her anyway. It was just nice to know she wasn't the only one.

Gaze turned towards the sky and a smile formed upon her lips. So it was. She loved this time of the evening though, it was just so calming to her. "If you have to get going I understand." She looked towards him, pondering her next words. "Perhaps we will see each other again?" She left it open for him to decide if they should schedule to meet.  

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

Sherpuff

Tactical Tycoon

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 1:50 pm
AstoriaFallen

Shilah was never one to shirk his responsibilities and he knew that he would be missed if he didn't return to his den soon. He wouldn't want to cause his family to worry.

"I should get back," he responded, regretfully. "But I have really enjoyed our conversation," he added with a smile.

"Thank you for taking the time to speak with me."

He smiled shyly at Ayianna as he turned to leave. "I would like that very much. I come here often, so you are free to join me as often as you like."

With that, he bowed his head politely and made his way quietly through the grass in the direction of his den. It had truly been a lovely evening.

[IC] Ela'wadiyi Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games