Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Mogami

Rainbow Cat

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 3:06 pm
User Image

Checking out the new males in the pride was something most Bonelands' lionesses did without shame and Thulisile was no exception. She had a great interest in the new arrivals even if she was already certain she wouldn't be approaching the new male for cubs. She had nothing against the Firekin blood - on the contrary, really - but a pale mane was simply out of the question. She was a Lusizi and already considered inferior from the start so she'd long decided her cubs would be so perfect that not even the stuffy traditionalists would be able to find a fault in them. And as those same traditionalists sometimes looked down on the relationship between the two prides... well, she was trying to avoid red coats, as well. Honestly, there were black lions in that desert pride, too. Why couldn't one of them have joined?

She sat down as she reached the male, watching him critically in silence and then sighed in obvious disappointment. That mane... so bright... he wouldn't do, at all. Maybe she would have to approach Bangizwe even though his mane was suspiciously bright at the top.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 3:18 pm
User ImageTawa once again found himself under a tree, taking shelter from the sun. It had been incredibly dry this rainy season and the watering holes were starting to shrink at an alarming rate. Still, the desert-savvy lion wasn't too concerned yet. He had grown up on less water and shade than he had right now. What was more concerning to him was the amount of male lions that seemed to be drawn to the water supply they had within their lands, and no markings were turning those would-be water stealers away. He had already gotten into a scuffle with one male and had chased him off, but now had a healing wound on his leg to show for it. Thankfully it was scabbed over and no longer hurt, but it didn't make for a pretty sight. Once it healed properly he'd have a nice scar to show, but for now it was an itchy bother.

His attention was caught as a female approached him. She didn't looked terribly pleased, though, and her sigh made him tilt his head. "Is something wrong?' he asked, unsure if the problem was him or something else. She had been looking at him rather critically...

Mogami

SilverLutz
Crew

Offensive Hero

Mogami

Rainbow Cat

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 3:45 pm
SilverLutz

Thuli's eyes twitched every so slightly but she continued to watch the lion with critical blue eyes for a few more seconds.That dark red in his belly was actually quite nice but THAT MANE. It ruined it all. Not that she wanted little red cubs either - though when forced to think about, she could thing of several lovely combinations between their coats - but the mane was definitely the biggest issue here.

"I need cubs so the old nosy Abazingeli shut up about it." She said, at last, quite honestly. Her tail danced behind her, betraying her contained annoyance. "You won't do." It did occur to her that those words might be taken as an insult so she added an introduction as a sort of apology. "I'm Thulisile but everyone calls me Thuli."

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 3:50 pm
The lioness' blunt reply was a bit of a surprise to Tawa, even moreso when he realized she might be here to ask for cubs from him. He had yet to be formally approached by anyone so his heart began to beat a bit faster. What did he do? Could he say no? His thoughts went to the lioness he had followed here, his friend from the Firekin, and he hoped he'd find some way out of this situation before-

Oh. Wait. She didn't want cubs from him? Relief washed over him and he relaxed, letting out a breath he hadn't realized he'd been holding. "Sorry about that," he said, not at all sorry. It seemed the majority of the lionesses were traditional, and that meant browns and dark colors. He managed to escape their eye so far, and hopefully he could continued to do so.

"Thuli," he echoed, a little smile on his muzzle. "I'm Tawa. Although you probably knew that already," he said, shaking his head. It was easy to learn the names of the one new Inselelo that came and went, but for him to learn an entire pride's...well. It was daunting.

Mogami

SilverLutz
Crew

Offensive Hero

Mogami

Rainbow Cat

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 4:03 pm
SilverLutz

"Actually, no." She said only belatedly realizing that those words might also sound rude. She was pleased that the male didn't look terribly disappointed by her lack of interest, at least. She'd been told her father had been too proud for that kind of behavior. "I mean, I heard it before but I didn't remember. Tawa..." She let the name roll off her tongue and then nodded. "My pleasure. Welcome to the Bonelands."

But she was still eyeing him critically. "Do you have any brothers?"

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 4:18 pm
No? That was a surprise, but not a bad one. Tawa knew the Bonelands was big, so perhaps word hadn't quite reached everyone yet.

The question made him think fondly of his family, siblings and parents he hadn't seen in what felt like ages. He had a sister with a tiny bit of blue in her tail, marring her otherwise black pelt, and she had to be sent off when she was of age. It had been heartbreaking to leave his mother when he didn't have to, but he couldn't stay in a pride that would so readily toss members out just because of their pelt.

"I do," he said with a little nod. "And sisters. Most are in the Firekin, but one was told to leave because she didn't meet the pelt requirements. A shame, really."

Mogami

SilverLutz
Crew

Offensive Hero

Mogami

Rainbow Cat

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 4:56 pm
SilverLutz

"Does any of those brothers have a dark mane...? A black coat wouldn't be a bad thing, either..." And now there was an edge of playfulness in her tone, something akin to a clumsy flirt, easy to do when the object of her interest was so very far away. She was suddenly bothered by the little reminder of Firekin traditions.

"Pff! It's as bad as the mane color here."
She said, almost angrily. It annoyed her that her pelt wouldn't be considered good enough there and that families could be split over something as silly as pelt color. Sure, she wasn't particularly fond of unnatural colors either but not even the nosy old cats would send a lioness away because of that. Those lionesses would be given a lower rank, sure, but they'd be allowed to stay with their family. "Females with dark tufts can hunt just as well everyone else I have two brothers with light-colored manes. They were strong!

"I miss my brothers. I wish they were still around." Thinking about her brothers always managed to put her in a sort of depressed mood and she switched to the Bonelands language instinctively before catching herself. "Don't you miss your family?"

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 5:23 pm
Thuli's teasing tone made him smile a bit. "Yes, actually. One brother, my twin, actually, has a black mane and is dark grey over most of his body. The markings on his legs and where I am darkest are red. My other brother has a dark pelt with a very deep red mane. And my sisters are quite dark as well, one is all black, the other has some red markings. I'm really the odd one out," he added with a chuckle.

The question made his smile fade, though. "Sorely," he said quietly. "I felt horrible leaving after my mother already had to see one of her children go by force. But she has my other siblings to watch over her. My friend had no one. It didn't feel right to stay when she and my sister were sent off. I'm sure my family understood, but I'm also sure they miss me as much as they miss those that have to leave.'

Mogami

SilverLutz
Crew

Offensive Hero

Mogami

Rainbow Cat

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 5:56 pm
SilverLutz
All the cheek!

Thuli wasn't at all happy with this sad mood and she stood up abruptly, mentally shaking off the melancholic thoughts away. Who knew? Maybe her brothers would return to challenge the Abaholi. She'd like that, even if her breeding choices would be dramatically reduced if that were to happen.

"Well, maybe you can see some of them at the Outpost..."
She said, suddenly happy with the possibility. "Or maybe one of your brothers will come to challenge you. They sound much better than you." He sent him a barely-noticeable playful wink, opening her mouth in a wide grin as she turned, keeping her eyes on him at all times.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 6:16 pm
"Perhaps," Tawa agreed, although he wasn't sure he'd ever be lucky enough to find them there. Perhaps he could send word with a scout or someone that he came across...but the Inselelo wasn't supposed to travel far. It made it difficult to keep an eye on the pride, and with the lack of water in the area it really was drawing more attention to the watering holes within their lands.

The comment about his brothers made him laugh a bit as Thuli stood. She certainly knew what she wanted! He wondered if the Abaholi tickled her fancy, although he had his doubts. "They are strong, it would be a good battle," he agreed. He let her go, though, not wanting to bother her with his presence. Hopefully she'd be content to wait for a proper male that came along.

Mogami
And last post! Thanks so much for the quick rp >W

SilverLutz
Crew

Offensive Hero

Mogami

Rainbow Cat

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 6:28 pm
Quote:
I honestly forgot how much fun she was to play so thank you! ^.^

"They're strong, too? I feel I got cheated out of a really good match." She said lightly and only half-joking. "Well, one of my brothers is with the Firekin. Machozi became a Cabanga so... I might see him at the Outpost, too." Even though it was pretty rare to find her brother away from the desert lions' sandy lands. "I'll see you around, blondie. You're alright."

She walked away feeling a little disappointed but in a much better mood.

-FIN-  
[IC] Ithambo'hlabathi Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff