Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply The United Kingdom
University of London ~ College Campus ~ London

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 8:03 pm
University of London

User Image

The University of London is a collegiate research university located in London, England, consisting of 18 constituent colleges, nine research institutes and a number of central bodies. The university is the second largest university by number of full-time students in the United Kingdom. Many notable individuals have passed through the university, either as staff or students, including at least four monarchs, 52 presidents or prime ministers, 74 Nobel laureates, six Grammy winners, two Oscar winners and three Olympic gold medalists.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 10:31 pm
User Image

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xx» wнere «xx
xxxOutside English Classroom
xxxxxxxx» wιтн «xx
xxxxxxxxxJonas
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx» ғeelιng «xx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxTenacious
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

αи∂ ι ∂σи'т υ и ∂ є я ѕ т α и ∂ ωну ι ѕ ℓ є є ρ αℓℓ ∂ α у xxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                          αи∂ ι ѕ т α я т тσ ¢ σ м ρ ℓ α ι и тнαт тнєяє'ѕ иσ я α ι и xxxxxxxxx
                                                          αи∂ αℓℓ ι ¢αи ∂ σ ιѕ яєα∂ α в σ σ к тσ ѕтαу α ω α к є xxxxxx
                                                          αи∂ ιт я ι ρ ѕ му ℓ ι f є αωαу, вυт ιт'ѕ α gяєαт є ѕ ¢ α ρ є xxx

════════════════════════════════════════════╗

spaceBeth smiled when she spotted her quarry, sitting outside the classroom, apparently waiting for the class before theirs to let out so he could head into the room. She approached him quickly, sitting down across from him and staring for a moment before clearing her throat. He seemed pretty engrossed in his book, so she cleared it slightly louder. When this also failed to get a response, she switched tactics. Being somewhat considerate of the people around her was clearly not going to work. "Oi, Ahab," she said, a bit too loudly. She knew that wasn't his actual name, of course, but she hadn't paid much attention to him before this last week and hadn't caught it since. She knew it had something to do with a book and a whale, and Ahab was close enough. He'd correct her, probably with no small amount of annoyance, shortly.

spaceWhen he looked up, she started rambling before he could say anything. "Hey, I'm Beth, I'm in your English class. Figure you probably don't recognize me since I tend to sneak in late and sit in the back. But I wanted to talk to you about something. And if you could be super open-minded about it, that'd be awesome. I'm horrible but if you bear with me it'll be totally worth it, I swear." To her credit, she didn't think she was lying. Yvonne was awesome, so if Not-Ahab would hear her out and go along with her idea, he'd probably end up super happy about it. Of course, she didn't know the guy well enough to know if they were actually compatible. But she'd been watching (read: stalking) him a little bit over the past week to try and get a feel for the guy, and he seemed alright by her book. Reminded her a bit of Nate, which was a good sign. The blonde was a pain in her arse, but she liked him anyway. Yvonne wasn't nearly as acerbic as she was, so surely if this guy was a little like Nate, he'd get on just fine with the Frenchwoman. Right?

╚════════════════════════════════════════════

xxx ι נυѕт ωαит ѕ σ м є σ и є тσ ѕ α у тσ м є
                                                          xxxxxx ι'ℓℓ α ℓ ω α у ѕ вє т н є я є ωнєи уσυ ω α к є
                                                          xxxxxxxxx уσυ к и σ ω ι'∂ ℓιкє тσ к є є ρ му ¢нєєкѕ ∂ я у тσ∂αу
                                                          xxxxxxxxxxxx ѕσ ѕ т α у ωιтн м є αи∂ ι'ℓℓ нανє ιт м α ∂ є

xx» «xx
                                                          xx» oυт oғ cнaracтer «xx
                                                          speak now

Diamond Wales

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2016 9:45 am
User Image
                                                  Don't you be afraid
                                                  Of giants in your way
                                                  With God you know that anything's possible

User Image
                                                  ════════════════════════

Uɴɪᴠᴇʀsɪᴛʏ Sᴛᴜᴅᴇɴᴛ || Mᴜɢɢʟᴇ || Fᴜᴛᴜʀᴇ Tᴇᴀᴄʜᴇʀ

════════════════════════

Jonas frowned as he read through this book. He'd picked it up at the library to read since he'd heard his father rail against the book series once upon a time, but now reading His Dark Materials, he wasn't sure if he agreed with it or not. Oh, he could see why Christian people refused to have anything to do with the series, but considering the source, he doubted it'd have the effect of destroying Christianity. He himself didn't have the urge to suddenly reject his faith, and probably the best test of faith was when it was challenged. That was why he didn't agree with his father's teachings. If nothing else, challenging his faith and coming out stronger for it was probably a true testament to what it was to believe, not studying biblical texts, memorizing them, and rejecting anything secular.

He was pretty absorbed in reading that he didn't see someone come up and sit across from him. He also missed said person trying to get his attention, up until she called him Ahab. Jonas blinked and looked up, but before he could start speaking, she was already talking. She apparently wanted to talk to him about something? Okay, well, not that he was one that tended to be close-minded, but he did tend to be quiet.
                                                  "Well, first, my name is Jonas. Wrong whale story, I'm afraid. Nice to meet you though. Second, what exactly did you want to talk to me about? I'm not exactly that exciting, I'm afraid." Contrary to what his father thought, Jonas didn't really rebel and go crazy when he left home. Sure, he'd grown his hair out a bit and sometimes contemplated getting a tattoo, but there was a difference between that and truly losing his way. Sometimes he wondered if his father realized that.

════════════════════════

Location: Outside English class
                                                  Thinking: Okay, this is random.
                                                  OOC:

So step into the fight
                                                  He's right there by your side
                                                  The stones inside your hand might be small
                                                  But watch the giants fall

Cara MiaKitty

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 7:57 pm
User Image

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xx» wнere «xx
xxxOutside English Classroom
xxxxxxxx» wιтн «xx
xxxxxxxxxJonas
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx» ғeelιng «xx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxTenacious
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

αи∂ ι ∂σи'т υ и ∂ є я ѕ т α и ∂ ωну ι ѕ ℓ є є ρ αℓℓ ∂ α у xxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                          αи∂ ι ѕ т α я т тσ ¢ σ м ρ ℓ α ι и тнαт тнєяє'ѕ иσ я α ι и xxxxxxxxx
                                                          αи∂ αℓℓ ι ¢αи ∂ σ ιѕ яєα∂ α в σ σ к тσ ѕтαу α ω α к є xxxxxx
                                                          αи∂ ιт я ι ρ ѕ му ℓ ι f є αωαу, вυт ιт'ѕ α gяєαт є ѕ ¢ α ρ є xxx

════════════════════════════════════════════╗

spaceUndeterred by his correction regarding his name, Beth grinned leaning towards him. "I knew it! I mean, book, whale. Ahab seemed more likely to get your specific attention than 'hey you'. Plus some people're weird when you touch 'em." She settled with her elbows resting on her knees, legs parted, looking about as unladylike as she possibly could. As if to complete the image, she blew a rather large bubble with her gum, smacking loudly as she chewed it back down after it popped. "Nice to meet you, too, though I think you might regret saying so. Most people do eventually." She winked at him. Honestly, she was going to try to hold out on being completely obnoxious until she'd talked to him about Yvonne. That she hadn't already achieved 'completely obnoxious' was probably not a great sign, though.

spaceShe looked him up and down, assessing him up close for the first time. She'd been watching him, sure, but always from a safe distance. And in class all she ever saw was the back of his head, anyway. He looked alright, though. Cute. She hadn't noticed the cross necklace originally, though. Would that be an issue? ... Meh. She was counting her chickens before they hatched if she started worrying about stuff like that. "Okay, look. Thing is, I've got this friend. She's from France, super sweet girl. Why she's friends with me is anybody's guess, because I'm ******** awful. But she's not, 's my point." Beth blew another bubble with her gum, the retrieval only half as annoying as the first time. "Thing is, she's, you know. Lonely? I got a boyfriend, our friend Dom's got a boyfriend, everyone's got a boyfriend, 'cept her, she's single. So she asked me to try and set her up with someone I knew, 'cept I don't know people, because I'm a ******** b***h and I don't really like to know people, see? But you," she emphasized the word 'you', "seem like a more or less alright guy. From what I've observed, which isn't much, I'll admit. But you don't set off any of my 'this guy's an arsehole' warning bells, and those things trip at so much as a snide look. They're on the sensitive side, y'see." She leaned back in her chair, crossing her legs over one another, and her arms across her chest. The brunette ignored the way her glasses slipped down her nose and a bit of hair fell in her face, trying to look like it didn't bother her. She was on a mission, after all. "So, I don't know any guys, but you seem alright. And Yves is great. So I was wondering if you'd humor me and, I dunno. Dom's family owns this little coffeeshop, it's not too too far from here, we hang out there a lot. Loafing about, eating the day old baked goods, that kind of thing. If you were to, out of the goodness of your heart, show up there one day, say on a Saturday around three-ish, and meet my friend, that'd be cool."

spaceShe inhaled deeply, lips pursed. She didn't figure Jonas would go for it, he was pretty cute and seemed nice, so desperation was unlikely. But she could at least tell Yvonne, in all honesty, that she'd tried and asked the one guy she (kind of not really) knew. And if he went for it, for some weird arse reason, that'd be.... weird, but awesome. "It's not like I expect you to show up and you and her hit it off and ride off into the sunset to marry and give me godkids," she said finally. "Or actually show up at all. I'm just asking. Putting it on the table, in case it's something you might be willing to do, out of the goodness of your heart or because it sounds like a meet cute from a ******** movie or whatever." She shrugged. "It's out there, your choice. But I promised I'd try to introduce her to someone and unfortunately I don't know a lot of someones so it ended up being you. Because you seem nice." It was kind of a shame Jonas didn't know her, actually, because if he did at all he'd know what a compliment that was. She didn't call anyone nice, ever, except Dom and Nate. Mostly because almost no one was ever nice. She certainly wasn't, unless someone earned it. She did try to make more of an effort to be neutral as opposed to outright mean nowadays, but she certainly didn't go out of her way to be nice.

╚════════════════════════════════════════════

xxx ι נυѕт ωαит ѕ σ м є σ и є тσ ѕ α у тσ м є
                                                          xxxxxx ι'ℓℓ α ℓ ω α у ѕ вє т н є я є ωнєи уσυ ω α к є
                                                          xxxxxxxxx уσυ к и σ ω ι'∂ ℓιкє тσ к є є ρ му ¢нєєкѕ ∂ я у тσ∂αу
                                                          xxxxxxxxxxxx ѕσ ѕ т α у ωιтн м є αи∂ ι'ℓℓ нανє ιт м α ∂ є

xx» «xx
                                                          xx» oυт oғ cнaracтer «xx
                                                          speak now

Diamond Wales

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 10:01 pm
User Image
                                                  Don't you be afraid
                                                  Of giants in your way
                                                  With God you know that anything's possible

User Image
                                                  ════════════════════════

Uɴɪᴠᴇʀsɪᴛʏ Sᴛᴜᴅᴇɴᴛ || Mᴜɢɢʟᴇ || Fᴜᴛᴜʀᴇ Tᴇᴀᴄʜᴇʀ

════════════════════════

Jonas blinked as she made a comment about Ahab getting his attention, which it did, and then introducing herself with a pop of her gum and a wink. There were few things in his life he regretted, so he doubted meeting someone would be on that list. Though, he did wonder about it when she eyed his necklace for a moment. Was there something wrong with his cross? He didn't have it on backwards, he knew that. Maybe she wasn't as religious as some other people. It wasn't a deal breaker regarding talking to people, after all. "Unless you're my brother, I very much doubt you could get obnoxious." Which was quite true. Gabe, while he loved him dearly, tended to think rashly a lot of times and ended up in trouble more often than not. It did get annoying when he had to fish him out of trouble, but that didn't mean that everyone was that annoying.

He blinked when she started describing her friend, as well as the fact that Beth herself was, to pardon his French, '********' awful. The language was crass, but the humility behind it was probably genuine. The surprise that Beth was looking for a boyfriend and she thought he seemed nice was interesting though. He didn't know what she considered being an 'arsehole' was though. He could hazard a few guesses, though whether they were true or not remained to be seen.
                                                  "Considering I wouldn't know what would set off your warning bells, I'll take that as a compliment. You're looking for a boyfriend for her?" He'd heard about people his age doing that, but he hadn't thought he'd be the type that would be considered for that kind of thing. He'd actually avoided dating in school mostly to avoid the ever-popular disapproving looks from his father and mother, and while he didn't think it would be a bad thing to date, he just didn't see it as something he'd be doing until he was out of the house. Which, he was, but he knew his father was still trying to get him into seminary school still and kept sending him pamphlets about it. If he found out he was dating, he'd demand to know everything about the girl Jonas was dating to find out how good of a Christian she was and whether or not Jonas was failing in his duty to spread the word of Christ.

He sat back, considering for a moment her proposal. He could meet them for something on Saturday. His class load hadn't murdered him yet with work, though it was getting later into the semester and he expected his workload to triple as a result. Plus, it did get him out and about rather than crammed into his dorm room studying all hours. If somehow he and her friend did manage to hit it off, well, he could imagine his father's reaction. It would probably be best not to mention anything about him seeing anyone until Jonas was ready for the backlash. He nodded, more to himself than to Beth and looked at her again.
                                                  "I can. It doesn't hurt to meet her. If it doesn't work out, it doesn't, but who knows but God about what will happen in your life? You can't exactly predict that kind of thing. Besides, it gets me away from doing schoolwork for a bit, and I need a break."

════════════════════════

Location: Outside English class
                                                  Thinking: Okay, this is random.
                                                  OOC:

So step into the fight
                                                  He's right there by your side
                                                  The stones inside your hand might be small
                                                  But watch the giants fall

Cara MiaKitty

The United Kingdom

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces