Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply The United Kingdom
Lake Windermere ~ England

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 7:04 pm
Lake Windermere

User Image

Windermere is England's largest natural lake, located in the county of Cumbria in northwestern England, in the mountainous Lake District. Since the arrival of the Kendal and Windermere railway branch line in 1847 it has been one of England's most popular holiday and summer home destinations. The lake is long and narrow and contains 18 islands; it also has various passenger ferrying services, four large boating clubs, and a steamboat museum.

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 8:21 am
They say there’s good grief
But how can you tell it from the bad?
Maybe it’s only in the fact
Good grief’s the one that’s in your past

User Image
V I O L A N T E
F A Y E
L I L L A N T I N E

Former SlytherinImproper Use of Magic OfficePureblood

Vio was nothing if not a planner, so naturally she'd been planning this for months. It wasn't that she was nervous that it'd go terribly or Ivy would say no. She was reasonably sure Ivy was as ready to get married as she was. And she didn't think her perfectionist attitude would allow her to truly fumble the entire thing. It was just that she had high standards, and after all the... well, mess of the last few years, she wanted this to be some sort of redeeming thing. She hadn't been the best girlfriend in the wake of the Lillantine affair. She hadn't been the best functioning human being in general. Her life had generally consisted of work, and drinking after work so she wouldn't dream and then have nightmares. But it'd been three years, and things were better now, and she actually felt like she was in a state to get married and potentially start a family.

That said, she still wanted the proposal to be perfect. At least it was a beautiful autumn day out, not too cold or overcast, and the lake wasn't filled with obnoxious tourists and screaming kids. And she didn't think she'd been too suspicious in asking Ivy if she wanted to spend a day at Windermere. At the very least, she ought to be a good liar, having been in Slytherin... and what with her family. Vio walked along the side of the lake, enjoying the feeling of the wind on her face and hair. "I still haven't gotten the whole story of your last trip," she told Ivy with a faint smirk, brushing a lock of blonde hair behind one ear. "And you have to admit, you have much more interesting work stories, of the two of us."

OOC:
Cara MiaKitty

I got snow in my pockets
Went down again head first
Laced drill bits to my pointe shoes
Pirouette through the hardwood to pay-dirt

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 7:07 pm
User Image

═════════════════════════════════════════════
                                                          тιgєяℓιℓℓу ιѕ уσυя мαι∂єи иαмє
                                                          αи∂ уσυ ѕєєм ѕσ уσυиg αи∂ уєт ѕσ ωιѕє
                                                          уσυя нєαят fιℓℓє∂ ωιтн ѕσ мυ¢н тяαgє∂у
                                                          тнσυgн ι'∂ σиℓу ѕєє ιт ιи уσυя єуєѕ

spaceIvy found that she was rather grateful for her girlfriend's leisurely pace along the edge of the lake as they walked, not wanting to ruin what was a perfectly romantic sort of mood with her short legs. As it was, she was taking roughly one and a half steps for each of Vio's, which wasn't the sort of thing she ought to be thinking about, really, but she was definitely thinking about it anyway. So much so, in fact, that she almost completely missed the comment regarding her recent trip. It took her a long moment to realize what Vio had said, and then she had to remember what the blonde was even talking about. There was a long pause, and then, "Oh! You mean the "remind me to tell you about how Jesse The Cat is the dumbest thing I've ever seen" story?" She snickered slightly, knowing that her colleague would probably be annoyed as hell at her for sharing the story. But, if he didn't want her to tell people, he shouldn't have done something dumb in the first place, right?

spaceShe thought for a second, trying to figure out where best to start.
                                                          "Okay, so, we're in the tomb, right? Because there's always a tomb. And we've done all the preliminary curse removals and whatnot, so it's relatively safe. Except there's this weird bit of text on one of the walls, yeah? And it's kind of, like, it's in a really weird spot. We can't read the whole thing, because the height and angle and there's this like, guardian carving thing in the way. And the boss is like 'this might be bad, this might be a warning,' because the bit of text we can read is like, vaguely ominous. So we need to figure out what the rest of it says, just in case it's like 'Hey the next room is filled with murder ghosts' or something." She gestured as she spoke, trying to paint the picture as best she could while still moving. It wasn't exactly the most graphic of pantomimes, but it'd do the trick, she supposed. "So Jesse's like 'Hey, I bet I can get a better look if I turn into a cat.' Which, like, great plan, you think. Except before we could really work out the logistics, he just goes and does it, like an idiot. Hops up on a ledge, walks along it, does some maneuvering and whatnot. We're like 'okay well that worked.' And we wait. And wait. And then suddenly he lets out like, the saddest, most pathetic noise I've ever bloody heard."

spaceIvy paused then, specifically to roll her eyes at the memory of the sound Jesse had made upon realizing he was stuck. And at the fact that he was stuck in the first place. "So, turns out, he should've done a little more investigating before he jumped up there, because the idiot was like, stuck, somehow. So then we had to like, levitate him down. And then it turns out that the 'warning' was just some like, weird sad poetry honoring the dead guy. Like, really dramatic stuff. Super emo." She cackled at that. One thing she'd learned since taking Ancient Runes and getting this job was that people literally had not changed in the slightest in the entire course of human history. "So we opened the next door, did the next sweep, and spent the rest of the trip cracking jokes about Jesse getting, like, trapped in every single urn or up on top of statues. I'm surprised he didn't kill us all, to be honest, except he's got that whole 'pacifist of the century' thing going on." She smirked slightly. "Maybe I should start keeping watch over my shoulder, though, Elliott's liable to do it for him."

spaceStory told, she tried to think of whether or not there was anything else interesting that'd happened on the last trip, but it'd been pretty run of the mill, as far as tomb raiding went. She knew she'd get chewed out if anyone in charge heard her calling it tomb raiding, but she wasn't an idiot, that's what they were doing. Might as well call a spade a spade. "So, that was my week. What about you? I know you said your work's not as interesting, but c'mon. Something weird could've happened." All things considered, most of Vio's work stories were less 'funny' and more 'worrisome', but every now and again something interesting would happen. "Or anything non-work related. Like. We have lives." Sort of, anyway. Most of Ivy's life involved playing video games with Joel or spending time with Vio, admittedly. Every now and again she talked to her stepbrothers, if only because they seemed to want to keep her in the loop about Roland and she wouldn't begrudge them that. The kid was her brother, after all. But she'd admit that, outside of work, her life was pretty boring.

ωσυℓ∂ уσυ вє؟ ¢συℓ∂ уσυ вє؟
                                                          נєѕυѕ ¢няιѕт, ρℓєαѕє, уσυ киσω ωнαт ιт ιѕ
                                                          ωнαт уσυ мєαи тσ мє тαкє му нαи∂
                                                          ρℓєαѕє ѕнσω мє ωнαт ιт ιѕ, ωнαт ι мєαи тσ вє

wнere - The Lake
                                                          wнen - Early Fall 2041
                                                          wιтн - Vio
                                                          - ooc -
                                                          blah blah blah

The Forgotten Weasley

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 1:17 pm

User Image
V I O L A N T E
F A Y E
L I L L A N T I N E

Vio listened with rapt attention to Ivy's tale, which she'd been waiting some time to get all the details of. Suffice to say, if it involved Jesse turning into a cat, it was probably going to be at least a little humorous to begin, just because as far as animagi went, a cat was probably one of the more... not useless, since they could certainly sneak around and get into small spaces, but sort of funny forms. He was lucky he hadn't gone through all that work to become an animagus and then turned into a Pomeranian or something. Vio's own patronus was a lynx, which might make for a significantly more threatening animagus form, but she'd never had the motivation to try and attempt it. Besides, there was already one animagus in the family; Jess, who vastly preferred flying as a hummingbird to apparating, show-off that she was.

She burst into laughter at the description of Jesse's distraught meowing and the 'emo poetry', which seemed fairly par for the course for ancient tombs. "Maybe he's just plotting his revenge for a later date," she snickered, and then rolled her eyes when Ivy brought up her own work. "My last interesting home visit was to a family with muggleborn twins. Twice the underaged magic, twice the fun," she shrugged. "Not that the parents could do much to stop it, but the neighbors were starting to notice them making the dog float in the backyard and changing the door to purple." It was always a bit of a pain, since you couldn't exactly force children to stop showing signs of magic, but when there were multiple of them with clueless parents who couldn't disguise it the way magical parents might... "Oh, and I was on rare babysitting duty the other night. Toby and Ronna went out on their first date in... months," she smirked.

OOC:
Cara MiaKitty

I got snow in my pockets

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 6:47 pm
User Image

spaceIvy's nose crinkled, her eyes amused. "Who, Elliott, or Jesse? Because I'm not sure which I'd be more scared of, to be honest. At least with Elliott I'm liable to get a relatively quick death. Jesse can't kill or hurt me so he'd have to get creative." She actually really admired Jesse and his desire to avoid violence at all costs. That said, she couldn't for the life of her figure out why, then, he'd ended up with a guy who was one wrong look away from there being a body wrapped in a tarp. To her knowledge, he'd never actually killed anyone, but then again she didn't know the guy super well. And honestly if anyone could get away with murder, it was that guy. First of all, who'd even question him? Second of all, she was willing to bet he had an excellent poker face. Third of all, there would have to be evidence, which she was pretty sure he would be quite skilled at getting rid of.

spaceShe winced ever so slightly at the concept of magical twins. She could only imagine how much worse her childhood trauma would've been if there'd been two of her. Then again, maybe having a sibling would've made her feel slightly less abandoned. Or something. Then again, it might've just resulted in two ******** up kids instead of one.
                                                          "Makes you wonder why we don't start schooling until eleven, really," she said thoughtfully. "Then again, I guess it's awkward to figure out when to start it, since kids get magic at different times. At least the way things are now, no one comes in late and gets made fun of for being a late bloomer." Ivy's magic had come somewhat late, not making an appearance until she was eight. Which was far from 'late bloomer', since the average was seven, but her mother had been so sure that she wasn't magical when her eighth birthday had passed. So much for that.

spaceShaking the thought aside, the redhead gave her girlfriend a smirk.
                                                          "Went out, or stayed in?" she asked, giving Vio a suggestive look. "How old are those two again? The girls, I mean. Not Toby and Ronna." She shook her head slightly. "Aren't they at that age where they're, like, busting into rooms unannounced? Just old enough to realize what they've walked in on? Prime time for some childhood trauma, if you ask me." Rather crudely, she formed an O with one hand and slid the pointer finger of her other hand through it, winking as she did so. Ivy, thankfully, had never suffered any such trauma. Her parents had divorced, and her mother barely dated. She did have a brief flare of pity for her stepbrothers, though; both of them had walked in on their mum and her dad. Nobody ever needed to see that.

wнere - The Lake
                                                          wнen - Early Fall 2041
                                                          wιтн - Vio
                                                          - ooc -
                                                          blah blah blah

The Forgotten Weasley

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 8:10 am

User Image
V I O L A N T E
F A Y E
L I L L A N T I N E

Vio snickered. "Jesse. Watch your back in those tombs, you might end up locked inside one," she teased. She actually rather liked both Jesse and his substantially more hostile boyfriend, Elliott. Well, so long as they didn't murder her girlfriend. That might put a damper on things. But she'd deal with a good deal worse Slytherin or two in her time... not including her own family. Not to mention that Evander was a cursebreaker as well... although she knew his bad leg prevented him from the more physical nature of the job, and he mostly removed curses from artifacts brought back to Britain.

She shrugged at Ivy's musing. "My magic came in when I was four, but it wasn't the most overt thing, either. 75% of what I deal with is... very obvious displays. Lots of times in public," she rolled her eyes, "and the Ministry can't go around issuing fines and whatnot to children, of course. I'm sure they'd prefer being able to round them all up far earlier than eleven, but then you'd miss the late bloomers, and so on. And the other 25% is angry teenagers who don't care about the Statute...," she smirked, "and the elderly, who also couldn't give a whit about it."

At the redhead's somewhat crude insinuations Vio looked momentarily exasperated, but shook her head and smiled. "Went out, although they may have gotten a hotel room. Tally is... eight, and Tara is seven. I'm sure they've walked in on something by now," she wrinkled her nose, not wanting to picture her older brother and his girlfriend... doing that although Toby couldn't stop chattering about his and Ronna's... healthy love life... when he was drunk. Luckily, she didn't often have to deal with a drunk Toby. That was Ronna's job.

"Tally would be traumatized," she admitted, "but Tara would be a bit vengeful afterwards, I think... She definitely takes more after her father. I had to keep an eye on her all night to make sure she wasn't sneaking out her bedroom window." Tally was usually pretty well-behaved, unless Tara had talked or prodded her into something, but the younger Walsh sister was another matter entirely. She had Ronna's temper and Toby's penchant for trouble-making- and a lot of skill in lock-picking, which Vio blamed the Lovettes' influence for. "They didn't get back home until about one in the morning... completely sloshed, laughing hysterically about something," she said dryly.

But then... "I'd like that," she said slowly, "I mean, maybe not the sloshed bit, think I'm best off avoiding anything stronger than butterbeer, but- they've been married for eight years now, and they're still as in love as they were when they were obnoxious teenagers. I know we've talked about it a bit, but," she could feel the ring box in her jacket pocket, "I had been wondering if you-," Oh, she might as well do it properly- Vio got down on one knee with a small, almost shy smile, "if you'd want to get married, some day soon?" she finished, tone as close to sheepish as it'd ever been, and opened the box.

OOC:
Cara MiaKitty

I got snow in my pockets

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 8:24 pm
User Image

spaceTo say that Ivy was surprised would've been a vast understatement, but it'd do in a pinch. She'd been perfectly ready to fire back at Vio with a snarky quip about Toby and Ronna, nothing mean, mind you. But any and all cleverness she might've possessed promptly flew out the window when her girlfriend got down on one knee. She felt frozen in place, mind going utterly blank. "You're doing this right now," she mumbled, and then, louder, "Oh, my God, you're doing this right now, you're actually doing this right bloody now." Her voice continued to escalate as she spoke, practically a high-pitched shriek by the time she reached the end of her sentence.

spaceThey'd talked about it, yes. And Ivy had most certainly made it clear that she was in no way opposed to marrying Vio, that she would be bloody ecstatic to marry Vio eventually. But she hadn't been prepared, not in the slightest, for this to happen right now. She wasn't actually sure how much of her shock right now was about the proposal itself, and how much was just that she'd been positive she'd see it coming when it happened. She hadn't thought she could be caught off-guard by it, not at this point. But she'd been very, very wrong, because she was very, very surprised. The best kind of surprised, obviously, but still.

spaceIt took her a second to register that her reaction might be read as somewhat less than enthusiastic, and she immediately panicked.
                                                          "Oh God, yes, bloody-! Yes, I'll marry you. Sooner rather than later. Bloody hell, let's go to the bloody ministry right the hell now if you want." In her somewhat excitable state, she was only half-joking about that. It wasn't like she had a lot of people to invite to such an occasion, after all. Though, she had a feeling Vio's aunt and uncle might have something to say about the lack of a wedding.

spaceShe inhaled rather sharply, brain still not quite functional enough to process the next step. Was she supposed to take the ring? No, wait, that's not right. She held her hand out, wishing it wasn't shaking ever so slightly.
                                                          "Bloody- You're supposed to put it on, right? That's how you do this?" She blushed crimson, feeling like an idiot. "God, do I need to get you a ring, too? An engagement ring, I mean, bloody hell, obviously I need to get you a ring, but- ********. What am I even saying?" She let out a nervous giggle, feeling like her heart was going to beat out of her chest. Eventually, it, and her breathing, would return to normal. She hoped.

wнere - The Lake
                                                          wнen - Early Fall 2041
                                                          wιтн - Vio
                                                          - ooc -
                                                          blah blah blah

The Forgotten Weasley

The United Kingdom

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out