Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply The United Kingdom
Northwest Highlands ~ Scotland Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 7:14 pm
Northwest Highlands

User Image

The Northwest Highlands are a mountainous region in the northern third of Scotland, separated from the Grampian Mountains by the Great Glen. It covers the areas of Wester Ross, Assynt, Sutherland, and extends partially into Caithness. The two largest settlements in this region are the city of Inverness, 'Capital of the Highlands', and the town of Fort William, but various other towns and villages are located in the area. The Northwest Highlands are known for being surprisingly warm compared to the rest of Scotland due to the mild influence of the Gulf Stream, and the aurora borealis is occasionally visible on winter nights.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 6:47 pm
When Rome's in ruins
We are the lions
Free of the coliseums
In poisoned places
We are anti-venom
We're the beginning of the end
User ImageXXXXXXXXUser Image
нαℓғвℓσσ∂ | sιиɢℓє | иαтυяαℓιsт | ɢячғғιδσя αℓυмиι

▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄

Tesni took a sip from her water bottle as her feet dangled off the edge of the mountain side. She had set out early that morning for her usual therapy hike leaving her tent right before dawn so that she could see the sun rise over the mountains by the time she made it to the large stream. Sometimes she got rather homesick for Wales, whether it be for her mother's cooking or for the actual greenery had yet to be discerned, but seeing Scotland in all it's beauty and natural light always made her remember why she had chosen to settle there rather than elsewhere. She had made it to her chosen hiking plain by around nine and had settled into a comfortable stride and rhythm having forgone her headphones to listen to the world around her. Plus the gentle silence gave her time to reflect, think, and meditate.

It had been years since her fall off that cliff but while her body had healed her psyche was still in the process. After speaking with her on again off again therapist she had come up with sort of self-service therapy. Her mind had to get comfortable with nature again and if she didn't push past her limitations and bonds, what sort of a Gryffindor would she be? Once she was freed from her strenuous and deplorably regimen job, Tesni would go off for a week or so at a time actually camping out in the wilderness and by the end of it climbing some form or hill or mountain. The Highlands had been calling her for a while, plus hadn't had to apparate far to camp which was always a positive, so she figured it was a sign and happily set out for the trek. For the past week she had surveyed the area around her makeshift campsite and the mountain ranges surrounding trying to pick out a good one. This one had seemed to call for her once she had woken that morning and her feet certainly hadn't protested its somewhat steep climb.

Once Tesni had made it to the top she snapped a few pictures of the view, and of course a few selfies for her own amusement and to share with Kiki, she settled on the edge feeling the usual fear and thrill of being there while her mind went through its familiar replay of her fall. She ignored it and instead focused on the freedom and exhilaration as well as enjoying her stored protein bars and canteen of water. Feeling sated and still comfortable, she said ******** it and pulled out her pack of honeyrolls and lit one up sighing as scent of vanilla and honeysuckle invaded her senses and chemically induced calm took root. It was probably contradictory to smoke during a hike but really, when had she ever followed the norms of society? Just being a witch rather cancelled that one out. And being bisexual, though really she was hard pressed to not believe that ninety percent of the human population wasn't at least bicurious. Though at least the majority who believed that had someone to share in their stupidity with, she had no one, if she didn't count the friendly companionship of her best mate and his daughter. But really there was only so many times one could just drop by without a "Talk" coming into fruition. Ugh, what was wrong with her today? She was not going to let the cold unfathomable cusp of forty make her think her life had ended. Dammit, she was still young, she could find someone if she wanted to! Single and ready to mingle and all that other worthless trash they told people her age when they were getting back into dating-dating and not just random-hookups-at-bars-and-that-one-time-at-a-farmers-market-that-she-can-never-return-to. ********, now she was hungry for kale.

The Forgotten Weasley

Tonight
The foxes hunt the hounds
It's all over now
Before it has begun
And we've already won

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 1:47 pm
Strange things happening in the land.
Wars going on; hold our heart to mourn.
Wild and wasted waters.
Have come to carry me, carry me on.
Carry me on, my mother's prayers.
Dark waters have come to carry my cares,
So take me on my mother's prayers.

User Image
FA N C H O N
M A R I E
C O H E N

Haitian Witch │ Muggleborn │ Adopted

Fanchon hadn't been hiking in years. It had always been a solitary sort of exercise for her; Heloise had loved to travel, but had never been much of an outdoors person. The bitterly cold Highlands, cool and crisp even at high noon on a late summer day, were much different from the Haitian landscape; she'd spent more time on the beach, surfing while Heloise let the waves wash over legs and feet on the shoreline, than anywhere else. Thinking about it was painful, but besides the faint lump in her throat she no longer felt the rush of nausea she'd used to get before. It had been a while now. She'd settled into life in the UK. Her savings hadn't run out yet, and underground dueling paid about as well as ever, with no registration fees to worry about. There was the question of the considerable fines she'd face if she got caught, but no one was sending a witch with no kills or even maimings to her name to prison. The circles she ran in were practically vanilla compared to some other rings she could name, and they were nothing compared to how the Caribbean did things. Brits didn't want to mess with any Voodoo, poor things.

She was thinking of getting out of the scene, though. The really talented and mostly sane had eventually given in and become legal duelists, if only for the brand promotions not accessible underground. Fanchon was pushing thirty and finding herself facing babyfaced, fresh out of Hogwarts kids looking to make a quick galleon more and more often. Beating an eighteen year old was not quite the adrenaline rush it had used to be. She was in her prime. She wanted to do something else. Getting a job with the Ministry or working at her sister's place were always options, but... Ugh. She needed to stop expecting her life to be some grand adventure. It had seemed that way, once, but she'd been young and stupid then.

But she was still young and stupid enough to willingly trek all over the mountains, and that was exactly what she had set out to do. She scrambled up the last few steps to the top of the peak, a bit breathless in her anticipation, and found herself nearly on top of another woman. With a muffled swear, as she'd almost slid right onto the woman and knocked her off the bloody cliff ledge, she managed to shuffle back without falling herself, glad she was not an easy person to read, as she was incredibly embarrassed. "Sorry- was in a rush to see the view," she muttered with an apologetic jerk of her head. Her accent was noticeable, but not nearly as strong as it had been when she'd first arrived in the country. The other woman was smoking something that smelled very good, and in accordance with the scent, she looked very good as well. Fanchon judged her to be in her early to mid thirties, with dark honey blonde hair and luminous, almost feline eyes, set on a striking heart-shaped face.

OOC:
Yukina101

Don't you leave no candle to burn.
I leave with the waves, 'neath the stern.
I'll leave with the evening on my breath.
You'll find my letters when I've left.
I won't remember the fires of home
My homeless bones churn them ragged stones.
May the sickness of my heart be told.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 11:09 pm
When Rome's in ruins
We are the lions
Free of the coliseums
In poisoned places
We are anti-venom

Tesni was enjoying the last inch and a half of her f** along with the view when something nearly pushed her over the edge. Quite literally. Her fight or flight took action having her to forgo smoking in order to grab a hold of the ledge to not topple over and watching the lit stick fall off instead. She didn't actually see it since in front of her eyes was a makeshift vision of her falling off the cliff, the other cliff before she shut them and took a few shuddering deep breaths to calm it and the onset nausea. If this wasn't intensive self therapy she didn't know what was. Once she was sure she hadn't jumped the edge of her sanity (ha, she was already making puns) and that her stomach was relatively settled she turned to see what in the actual hell had rammed into her that caused it all and very nearly did a double take. Was this a magical mountain or what, a woman very nearly fell into her lap just moments after she was thinking about it. It could also be precognition but she liked "magic mountain" better.

A few seconds passed to make Tesni realized the woman had spoken and had actually apologized for the near-death experience and was now actually checking her out. Adorable. "Which view are we talking about?" she asked with a teasing smirk before deciding that she might as well extend the courtesy. The first thing she took in was just how young she looked, either from her still youthful face or from the overtly large flannel shirt she was wearing. The second thing she felt she shouldn't be judged for observing since she'd never really encountered someone with perfect cupid's bow lips. They were quite mesmerizing, for right and wrong reasons. Then of course was her rather guarded face attached to the lips with dark eyes a very lovely jawline if she did say so herself. All in all, a very impressive young woman, once which she was sure she'd not regularly run into except on Magic Mountain™.

After her minute appraisal, Tesni felt that the leas she could do was an introduction, especially since she felt she had stared at the woman's lips longer than was generally accepted and hoisted herself from the edge standing at her full five feet two and three quarter inches. "Apology accepted by the by, even if it wouldn't be the first time I've gone over." Wow, two jokes in the span of five minutes, miracles do happen. "I feel compelled to introduce myself since I was just surreptitiously checking you out, sorry about that by the way. I'm Tesni Yates." She held out a hand towards the other woman with a small grin not the least sorry or embarrassed by what she had said. She was getting too old for coy plus she had always liked the direct approach, it always yielded some surprises.

The Forgotten Weasley

Tonight
It's all over now
Before it has begun
And we've already won

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 6:22 pm
Wild and wasted waters.

User Image
FA N C H O N
M A R I E
C O H E N

Fanchon blinked when the cigarette toppled over the edge, and hoped she hadn't managed to completely un-nerve the other woman; she was probably lucky this hadn't turned into inadvertent manslaughter. In her defense, she hadn't seen another hiker for the past two hours, and the chances of someone else sitting rather precariously on a cliff edge just as she happened along it were very slim. To her surprise, however, the woman didn't seem upset or even all that irritated by nearly falling off a cliff to her presumable doom. Rather, she was... flirtatious. Fanchon had not flirted in a while now; she didn't think the occasional one-night stand really counted, since alcohol usually made everyone a little more charming. She hadn't gotten past two dates with anyone since Heloise either. This was mostly her own fault, she admitted; she could come across as very intimidating, and she had mostly been going through the motions of 'putting herself back out there'.

Now, though, she felt an almost-forgotten, heady sort of rush, as if she were once again a teenager sneaking out past curfew, hand in hand with someone else in the dark, warm night air, skulking along musty corridors before bursting out into courtyards in full bloom. "Whichever one makes it up to you," she replied with a slow smile. The woman was staring at her mouth, and when she straightened up to her full height, was only an inch or two shorter than Fanchon, who, at 5'4", had been considered rather tall in her home country. Heloise had been 5'1". She'd been able to comfortably rest her elbow on her girlfriend's shoulder. She let out a quiet, abrupt sound that might have been a laugh at the woman's follow-up joke. "Fanchon Cohen," she said as smoothly as she could muster, feeling very, very rusty at the moment, and shook the pro-offered hand. "I can't say I didn't deserve it, for almost killing you. Seems a pretty light consequence."

OOC:
Yukina101

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 12:53 pm
When Rome's in ruins
We are the lions
Free of the coliseums
In poisoned places
We are anti-venom

Tesni hmm'd at the other's response of view still giving the dark skinned woman a look over wondering how Magic Mountain knew her tastes. Well she just answered her own question didn't she? She was just slightly taller than her, which wasn't really saying much since a majority of her students were taller than her, but her lean build almost made her seem taller. The teacher briefly wondered how she looked beneath all those baggy clothing and had to reel her mind back in from the dark abyss before she jumped off that edge for good. Oh look another pun, maybe near death experiences cancelled each other out? Tesni chuckled as her hand was shaken and a name offered, Fanchon was a different name but what right did she really have to judge, and snorted at the comment that followed. "Oh no, that was just for the lost cigarette, I require much larger consolation for near-death-experiences." she informed her with a widening smirk. Oh this was fun, she didn't usually talk to her one-nighters. Well besides, hello, are you single, and my place or yours? It pained her to admit that sometimes she didn't even get past the second question. Like she needed more drama in her life. "So Miss Fanchon Cohen, are you a regular visitor to this mountain side or did I impose upon your first time?" Tesni asked half curious but a little more than half joking.

The Forgotten Weasley

Tonight
It's all over now
Before it has begun
And we've already won

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2016 9:10 am
Wild and wasted waters.

User Image
FA N C H O N
M A R I E
C O H E N

Fanchon arched an eyebrow in a manner she'd spent months practicing in the mirror as a normally stoic teen. She'd never quite perfected it, but then again, Fanchon had never really tried to be particularly charming, yet it had always seemed to work out in her favor. "I see," she said simply, and would have been lying to herself, something she'd always preferred to avoid, if she'd refused to admit that Tesni Yates didn't have a very appealing smirk. The older woman's next question was still teasing, but slightly more practical; Fanchon glanced around their surroundings with a simple shrug. "My first time on this specific mountain, I suppose. I've only been in Scotland a few years, and it's taken me this long to finally decide I might as well explore my natural surroundings." Realizing she'd probably given away more than she'd intended, but, in spite of her usual reserved nature, feeling a bit flippant, she offhandedly added. "I'm Haitian, originally, in case you were wondering about the accent, but I'm staying with family here for the time being- they run an inn."

OOC:
Yukina101

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2016 11:55 am
When Rome's in ruins
We are the lions
Free of the coliseums
In poisoned places
We are anti-venom

Tesni didn't hinder her smirk only so the other woman couldn't see how her risen brow had affected her. Nothing like perfectly arched skepticism to get a girl running. She waited patiently as Fanchon explained that this was her first time on the mountain though she had been in Scotland for a few years. Well where the hell had she been hiding? All the time she spent trying not to be cooped up in the castle she could been out looking for this long legged goddess. She blinked in surprise as the woman went on to answer an unasked question and gave a soft "oh" learning she was Haitian which accounted for the accent. Though in all honesty she didn't care much for where she was staying though the part about the inn at least let her know that if she did indeed get lucky with the Woman from Magic Mountain™ that neither of them would have to clean up afterwards. That had to be a bit handy. "I'm Welsh originally, not sure if you can hear it not I've gone a bit deaf to it myself. And I'm staying in a quite roomy tent a few hundred yards from here." Tesni answered with quick wink before stooping to gather her backpack. "It's not a permanent solution mind you, in case you're curious. I go camping every summer reconnect and stretch my legs after being cooped up for so many months. Teaching pays well but it is not for faint of heart."

The Forgotten Weasley

Tonight
It's all over now
Before it has begun
And we've already won

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 6:54 am
Wild and wasted waters.

User Image
FA N C H O N
M A R I E
C O H E N

Fanchon couldn't recall the last time she had been this chatty and forthcoming with anyone- not even family, never mind perfect strangers. Well. Not quite perfect, since she now knew Tesni's name and profession. But she had no idea what had brought on this sudden... recklessness? Still, the feeling of 'what do you have to lose' pervaded everything, and she grinned at the mention of the 'quite roomy tent'. "I'm glad," she said casually. "I don't usually make a habit of throwing myself into flings with the homeless, eternal backpackers, or wanted criminals. Assuming you're neither of the three; I hear they're quite strict when it comes to teachers." Fanchon wondered what subject and age the other woman taught; she was thinking she had to teach at least secondary, seeing as she couldn't see Tesni herding groups of obnoxious eight year olds, and she seemed like the type to teach a less conventional subject than say, maths or writing. "I can imagine." She would have mentioned her own job.... or current lack of any legal job... but the Haitian couldn't think of a good muggle equivalent for 'underground dueling' at the moment, and while she was quite fit, didn't think she could pass herself off as someone who dabbled in say, underground MMA. She had more of a runner's build, if she was being honest.

OOC:
Yukina101

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 2:38 pm
𝓎𝑜𝓊 𝒶𝓇𝑒 𝒾𝓃𝓋𝒾𝓉𝑒𝒹 𝓉𝑜...

𝒮𝑒𝓉𝒽 𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝒜𝓇𝒾𝒶𝓃𝒶'𝓈 𝒲𝑒𝒹𝒹𝒾𝓃𝑔

User Image

𝒢𝓊𝑒𝓈𝓉𝓈
• Hawthorne family
• Wynters family
• Edgeworth family
• Ellis family
• Gracie McHalen
• Richard Drage
• Amanda Davis
• Eretria Whitethorne
• Chase Henrick
• Tobi Fallrein
• Adalaide Whitethorne

*Wedding guests & non mentioned +1's/children are invited

Diamond Wales
The Forgotten Weasley
Yukina101
Devlyn Maycry
Utsuha Moon
Cara Miakitty

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 3:01 pm
User Image

╔═══════════════════════════╗
Ariana Hawthorne-Wynters
Hufflepuff Alumna - Thirty - Halfblood - Singer - Married
╚═══════════════════════════╝

((OOC: outfit in left picture))

“I do,” she said, rolling the words off her tongue as though she never had to say anything easier than that. From this moment in time, she would be married to her one true love and it felt so right. The brunette honestly didn’t think she could love somebody more than she loved the man standing right before her. Once proclaimed man and wife, Ari leaned in to peck her husband – that sounded so weird! – on the lips. Now, the real fun was about to begin.

Grabbing Seth by the hand, Ari trotted down the aisle towards the castle where food and alcohol were available. Music could be heard coming from inside, growing louder with every step the couple took. The wedding guests followed behind although no one seemed to be running. “Hehe, you’re my husband now,” Ari said, poking Seth in the stomach lightly. It was crazy how they had been nonstop planning the perfect wedding for months now, and here they were, married, about to eat, dance and drink the night away. Tomorrow morning, or afternoon, they’d wake up as a married couple and do what married couples do – although it probably wouldn’t be that different from what boyfriends and girlfriends did.

I never knew you could hold moonlight
'til the night I held you.
You are my moonlight,
baby.

Diamond Wales

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:48 pm
User Image

And even though the moment passed me by
                                                  I still can't turn away
                                                  Cuz all the dreams you never thought you'd lose
                                                  Got tossed along the way
                                                  And letters that you never meant to send
                                                  Got lost or thrown away

User Image
                                                  ════════════════════════

a**ɪsᴛᴀɴᴛ, Oʟʟɪᴠᴀɴᴅᴇʀ's || Wᴀɴᴅᴍᴀᴋᴇʀ || Rᴀᴠᴇɴᴄʟᴀᴡ Aʟᴜᴍɴɪ

════════════════════════

Seth followed Ari easily, one of the dopiest smiles on his face that he could ever imagine gracing his lips. He was certain that Damien was going to tease him later for it, or perhaps even Chase or Rick, but Seth didn't care. It was the first time in a long time that all of his family had gathered, and it was for his marriage to probably the most beautiful woman in the world. He hadn't imagined that a chance meeting years after he and Ari had graduated together would end up this way, but then again, he hadn't been very sociable in school, and he could almost hear his twin teasing Seth for not talking to Ari earlier.

He chuckled at Ari's proclamation that he was now her husband, though the former Ravenclaw couldn't help to add in his own comment.
                                                  "Well, that's good, since you're my wife. It'd be pretty awkward if I had to explain it to someone else." He ended up wrapping an arm around Ari comfortably as they walked toward the castle. They had all night to enjoy the party, and he knew he'd probably hate getting up in the morning, but it was worth it. If nothing else, the expression on Ari's face was priceless the moment they exchanged their vows. He only hoped someone had managed to get it on film, since he wanted to remember that look forever.

════════════════════════
                                                  Thinking: I don't think that could have been better...
                                                  Taken by: Ariana Hawthorne-Wynters
                                                  OOC:

We grew up way too fast
                                                  And now there's nothing to believe
                                                  And reruns all become our history
                                                  A tired song keeps playing on a tired radio
                                                  And I won't tell no one your name
                                                  And I won't tell 'em your name

kiska166

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 6:24 pm
I've been grinding so long, been trying this s**t for years
And I got nothing to show, just climbing this rope right here
And if there's a man upstairs, he kept bringing me rain
But I've been sending up prayers and something's changed
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
User Image

FatherMarried Knower of OcculumencyIllegitimate Nott

╔═══════════════════╗

Tobi clapped along with the rest of the audience when Ari and Seth had their first kiss as a married couple and quickly grabbed hold of his current youngest boys as they were lead to the reception. The two newest boys had been as much as a surprise as the two older ones, good surprises but still. Silas had been barely placated with Lewis by gaining a new pet, there had been none of that when Heath and Lukas had come home so he was sorta ruing the day times two. Thankfully he was fine to the younger kids and only reserved his judgmental glares and preteen rebellion for him and Marius. Speaking of each boy, Heath was ready to tear across the grounds and probably climb a turret if he hadn't had a hand on him while Lukas was perfectly happy being held and babbling to him about the pretty dresses and all the different colors he saw. He wondered how long it would take the newlyweds to cut their cake when both boys heads shot over towards him. Crap, he'd said that out loud. How do you misdirect from cake?

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX╚═══════════════════╝

Quote:

I think I finally found my hallelujah
I've been waiting for this moment all my life
Now all my dreams are coming true, ya
I've been waiting for this moment

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 8:06 pm
It's hard to believe that I smile in my sleep-
'Cause everyone leaves me!
I'm so hard to keep company...
I'm Misery Company!
Most people don't mention the stripes on my sleeve-
Though I like the tension,
I just want to live quietly;
In Misery Company!

User Image
𝔰𝔦𝔩𝔞𝔰
𝔤𝔞𝔟𝔯𝔦𝔢𝔩
𝔣𝔞𝔩𝔩𝔯𝔢𝔦𝔫

twelve years old │ adopted │ squib

Silas wondered if there was some sort of quota for weddings you had to attend in your life. Whatever it was, he was pretty sure he'd hit it, and he wasn't even a teenager yet. He was, however, twelve, and way too old to be running around with all the little kids, but too young to 'act like an adult'. Right. Why did adults always assume everyone wanted to be like them? Most adults were complete s**t. He wasn't allowed to say s**t, even though Papa- Dad, even though Dad cursed and Pa probably did too, even if he still barely said a word. This was why he was always in such a bad mood. Everyone was so hypocritical. Silas had learned that word in school, along with s**t.

Maybe in September he'd board, although he doubted it. Everyone made fun of him because he was a day student, and he was pretty sure his fathers would let him board if he asked, but he didn't... Silas didn't know. He liked being able to go home at the end of the day, even if the house was always noisy because his brothers never shut up. He still hadn't forgiven Dad and Pa about the whole Heath and Lukas thing. He liked them okay; he wasn't going to be an arsehole to two little kids, anyways, but they hadn't even talked about it. Just waltzed home with two brand new brothers like they'd decided to stop for ice cream on their way home. It wasn't like buying a new freaking broom, he wanted to scream at them. You don't get to just show up with more kids without even telling me.

But of course, they did, because they were the adults, and because Aunt Steffi ran the orphanage, so there wasn't even a waiting period in between. Whatever. They obviously expected him to get over it, and he mostly had, but he was still allowed to be pissed. He was allowed to pissed at them, and maybe he was allowed to hate them just a little for doing that, even if it seemed like a stupid thing to hate someone over. It wasn't that he really couldn't stand the idea of more siblings. He just didn't like being expected to be... he didn't know. It was like because he hadn't even gotten to decide he couldn't even enjoy it or something. Like whether he was there or not it really didn't matter because life would go on as always and there'd be more brothers and more noise and sometimes he really, really wished he lived with a normal muggle family in a normal house in a normal neighborhood.

But that was a Terrible Thing to Think and he knew he was really lucky- privileged, even, that was another word from school- to be where he was, to live with who he lived with. He could be in some crappy foster home getting yelled at to go get someone a beer or something. Silas scratched at his arm, which was what he did when he tried to change the channel in his head, and and trailed after Dad and Pa, dodging little kids left and right. There were a few people here his own age, but they went to Hogwarts and he really didn't want to the subject of apologetic stares and muffled snickers every time they talked about school. At least the food would probably be really good.

OOC:
Username

The weight of the world is in our kit bag;
It straightens my curls when I admit that-
We don't even know what we're fighting for!
Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha...
My vaudeville training kept us off the front line,
Taught to kill, entertaining;
Tops the bill every time, naturally-
We're Misery Company!

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 12:39 pm
User Image

★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★

╔══════════════════════════════════╗
Mackenzie Hawthorne
Gryffindor - Fourth Year - Fourteen Years Old - Reserve Seeker - Halfblood - Adopted
╚══════════════════════════════════╝

Mackenzie skipped down from the gazebo where she stood as a bridesmaid, decked in blue as per usual. Her mum’s wedding colours had been chosen as red and blue, and obviously, Ari dressed Mackenzie in blue to “bring out her eyes” as she always said it. She supposed this time, she couldn’t complain since Nell was stuck in the exact same dress, and Tanna’s more formal looking red dress was better suited for the Maid of Honour, but still! Practically every wedding she’s been to, Ari’s stuck her in blue. Except for when she was little (and could barely even remember), she was dressed in pink. This was one reason why the fourteen year old couldn’t wait for the summer to end and to go back to school – she was in charge of her own outfits there, and if she wanted to wear thick racoon eye liner and black, purple, green, or any other colour, she could.

At least one thing about wearing blue today was nice – Colton was matching her and he looked nice in blue. The teenager knew where his assigned seat was and made her way over to him. “Hope you weren’t too bored without me,” she said apologetically. Wedding ceremonies were usually pretty boring for those who didn’t know the bride or groom very well. The reception was bound to be much more fun, though. “C’mon, let’s go.” Mackenzie grabbed Colton by the hand to pull him along with her, almost immediately regretting it as she’d realized this would only lead to more teasing from the rest of her family, especially from her bloody annoying cousins. Once the duo ran ahead from the crowd of guests following behind, Kenzie let go of her friend’s hand. At least this way, she can always defend herself and say she only wanted to pull him up ahead so they wouldn’t lose each other in the mess.

((OOC: outfit in left picture))

★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★

𝒻𝑜𝓊𝓇𝓉𝑒𝑒𝓃'𝓈 𝒶𝓁𝓁 𝒶𝒷𝑜𝓊𝓉 𝒷𝑒𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒻𝓇𝑒𝑒

Miss GryffindorK

The United Kingdom

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items