Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply The United Kingdom
Northwest Highlands ~ Scotland Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 1:03 pm
User Image

ʝʘʂҽҏɦ ʜȧѡϮɦʘɾηҽ

Throughout the entire wedding ceremony, and any other point in the day that Joey was outside, he’s been sporting sunglasses. The only rules he was told about wearing them was that he had to hide them for pictures, which he did as long as the photos were taken in shady areas where the sun didn’t hit him straight in the eye. Most of his attention had been on his baby sister and his now brother-in-law, but every couple moments, he couldn’t help but look over at his bombtastic looking wife – Ari’s Maid of Honour. Damn, she looked good in that dress. The red contrasted nicely against her darker skin and hair, and seeing Tanna all done up always reminded him just how crazy he felt about her.

Their three children, as restless as they were, got up and darted in between guests once the ceremony ended, but not Joey. Instead, he stood, waiting for Tanna to make her way down from the gazebo. “You gotta be careful or else you’ll steal the show, looking like that,” he said, wrapping his wife in his arms before kissing her on the lips. After all these years, he was still so madly in love and he didn’t think anything would change in the future. That was probably one of the reasons their marriage was working out so well. “Well, we’d better go make sure the little rascals don’t spoil their supper with some dessert first,” he said, intertwining his fingers with hers and leading Tanna towards the large castle.

Thirty Eight. Hufflepuff Alumnus. Werewolf Support Services.

((OOC: outfit in picture))

Yukina101

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 1:45 pm
User Image

Thomas Hawthorne

His youngest child was no married. It took a while in his books, but she was finally settling down with a partner. Not that she really had to get married since she already did adopt her own child, but it was relieving seeing Ariana marry such a gentleman. Seth was a good guy and Thomas really liked him. He seemed very genuine, smart and he’s got his head screwed on right. He was good for Ari. While the newlywed couple said their vows, Thomas remained rather calm and emotionless (as usual), but a smile did stretch across his lips.

Melinda, on the other hand, shed a couple of tears as she watched her only daughter and youngest child marry Seth. It was a good thing that photos with the parents have already been taken, or else she’d be freaking out over whether or not her makeup had smudged even though it hasn’t.

Sixty. Ravenclaw Graduate. Wizengamot Administration Services.

((OOC: outfit in picture))

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 2:12 pm
Three little birds sat on my window.
And they told me I don't need to worry.
Summer came like cinnamon
So sweet,
Little girls double-dutch on the concrete.

User Image
User Image

¤ Artist ¤ Married ¤ Mother of Two

Tanna discretely wiped a tear as Seth and Ari were pronounced husband and wife and lead the others towards the castle where their banquet would be held. It seemed so surreal to be in the younger girl's wedding, even more so to be in the place of her maid of honor. She had been quite shocked but also honored to be asked, though she had eyed the dress skeptically, and did her duties to make sure his sister-in-law had the best wedding day possible. Now all that was left for her was to enjoy the day like everyone else. And maybe keep her kids from getting into too much trouble with their friends and cousins. She noticed her husband waiting for her still by the seats and grinned as she walked over to him catching his hand and marveling at how handsome he looked in his coordinated red shirt and tie to go with her dress. The artist blushed at his words and opened her mouth to thank him only to have it chased away by the force of his kiss. Tanna blushed deeper but responded enthusiastically wrapping her arms around him until she pulled away for needed air. She giggled as he mentioned their children and laced their fingers together and wondered how this man could continue to make her feel like a teenager with their first crush. "We both know that's inevitable but its cute that you think we still have a chance." she responded lightly swinging their conjoined hands.

Girl, put your records on, tell me your favourite song
You go ahead, let your hair down
Sapphire and faded jeans, I hope you get your dreams,
Just go ahead, let your hair down.

kiska166

[Wearing: Wearing] [With: Joey] [Where: Highlands - Ari/Seth's wedding] [Feeling: Elated] [Thinking: I am so lucky] [OOC:]

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 2:33 pm
User ImageXXXXXXXXUser ImageUser Image

Ⓐⓖⓔ ⑦ | Ⓣⓦⓘⓝⓢ | Ⓕⓤⓣⓤⓡⓔ Ⓢⓣⓤⓓⓔⓝⓣⓢ

The sun is shining down and
There is no one else around now
Wish you were here to hear me say
This is gonna be my greatest day

Finally it was over! Jack didn't know which was worse; having to sit through another wedding, or a spelling test. Well, with spelling tests they still had to wait for the teacher to grade them and then there was that whole ansty feeling of whether or not you failed. With weddings you had to dress nice, stay clean for like forever, sit still and of course wear a stupid stinking tie. Except for him this time. It had been the coolest thing! His mum had been forcing it around his neck and he had been complaining, not whinging he was seven and seven year olds don't whine, about how it was always tight and that he wished the stupid thing would explode. And then it did! Well not really because then it prolly would've hurt someone, but it did catch on fire! And they hadn't been near a candle or anything! After his mum sorta freaked out and took it off of him and called his dad they explained that he had done some accidental magic. Which was great because he didn't have to wear a stupid tie. Oh and that he was a wizard but really. That tie was awful.

Will however was still pretty steamed that his own hadn't burst into flames but he figured he had all night. As soon as their aunt and new uncle had kissed (gross) and they were allowed to, both twins jumped from their seats grinning as their shoes lit up whenever their feet touched the grounds. Their parents had relented to the shoes if only because they didn't want to be late and because they thought it was cute. Which it wasn't, they weren't cute anymore. In like, a few years they'd be ten which was two numbers instead of just one. That means they were so much closer to being adults. And adults were definitely not cute. Just as they were discussing whether or not to try for the cake or start pulling out the goods they had stashed in their pockets they saw Kenzie with a boy. A boy who was definitely not a cousin. Matching grins went across their faces as they tore across the lawn after them, snickering and gagging exaggeratedly at their held hands, and waited until she wasn't looking to pop up in front of her. "Hey Kenzie," "Is this your boyfriend?"
kiska166

Miss GryffindorK

How far would I go
How long would I stay
To see it all
To carry it all back with me again

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 3:53 pm
User ImageUser Image

𝔽𝕠𝕦𝕣𝕥𝕙 𝕐𝕖𝕒𝕣 𝔾𝕣𝕪𝕗𝕗𝕚𝕟𝕕𝕠𝕣

Colton had met Mackenzie's family shortly before the wedding, then he was sat by himself to watch the event. Honestly, it was pretty darn boring, particularly without his brother there to talk with. Still, he'd been asked to come by his best friend, so he figured he should probably at least pretend to be having fun. While the wedding was going on, he glanced around, trying to figure out who any of these people were. When the ceremony was over, the teen stood up and stretched, trying to appear less bored than he felt.

At the mention of him being bored, a small flush touched his cheeks. "It was only a little boring, sorry. You looked really pretty up there, by the way." He paused a second, realizing his words, and a blush of embarrassment overtook his cheeks, nose, and ears. "I mean... you always look pretty... but uh... you know... up there..." God, maybe it was good that Connor wasn't here. He'd sufficiently embarrassed himself enough on his own! Luckily, she grabbed his hand and tugged him along, so he, of course, followed after. She knew everyone, after all. When two younger boys came over and promptly asked if he were Kenzie's boyfriend, the older male looked away. "I mean.... if she wants to be, I wouldn't mind." As soon as the words had rolled off his tongue, Colton firmly wanted to bash his forehead into a wall. No way in heck did she like him like that, and he'd probably just made her a teasing point for years to come. Stupid crush.

kiska166

Yukina101

Gᴏ ᴀʜᴇᴀᴅ ᴀs ʏᴏᴜ 𝕨𝕒𝕤𝕥𝕖 ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴅᴀʏs ᴡɪᴛʜ 𝕥𝕙𝕚𝕟𝕜𝕚𝕟𝕘
Wʜᴇɴ ʏᴏᴜ 𝕗𝕒𝕝𝕝, ᴇᴠᴇʀʏᴏɴᴇ 𝕤𝕥𝕒𝕟𝕕𝕤
Aɴᴏᴛʜᴇʀ 𝕕𝕒𝕪, ᴀɴᴅ ʏᴏᴜ'ᴠᴇ ʜᴀᴅ ʏᴏᴜʀ 𝕗𝕚𝕝𝕝 ᴏꜰ 𝕤𝕚𝕟𝕜𝕚𝕟𝕘
Wɪᴛʜ ᴛʜᴇ 𝕝𝕚𝕗𝕖 ʜᴇʟᴅ ɪɴ ʏᴏᴜʀ 𝕙𝕒𝕟𝕕𝕤 ᴀʀᴇ sʜᴀᴋɪɴɢ 𝕔𝕠𝕝𝕕
Tʜᴇsᴇ 𝕙𝕒𝕟𝕕𝕤 ᴀʀᴇ ᴍᴇᴀɴᴛ ᴛᴏ 𝕙𝕠𝕝𝕕
Wʜᴇɴ ᴀʟʟ ʏᴏᴜ ɢᴏᴛ ᴛᴏ ᴋᴇᴇᴘ ɪs 𝕤𝕥𝕣𝕠𝕟𝕘
𝕄𝕠𝕧𝕖 𝕒𝕝𝕠𝕟𝕘, ᴍᴏᴠᴇ ᴀʟᴏɴɢ ʟɪᴋᴇ I ᴋɴᴏᴡ ʏᴏᴜ ᴅᴏ
Aɴᴅ ᴇᴠᴇɴ ᴡʜᴇɴ ʏᴏᴜʀ 𝕙𝕠𝕡𝕖 𝕚𝕤 𝕘𝕠𝕟𝕖
Mᴏᴠᴇ ᴀʟᴏɴɢ, 𝕞𝕠𝕧𝕖 𝕒𝕝𝕠𝕟𝕘 ᴊᴜsᴛ ᴛᴏ ᴍᴀᴋᴇ ɪᴛ ᴛʜʀᴏᴜɢʜ.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 10:19 pm
User Image

★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★

╔══════════════════════════════════╗
Mackenzie Hawthorne
Gryffindor - Fourth Year - Fourteen Years Old - Reserve Seeker - Halfblood - Adopted
╚══════════════════════════════════╝

A warm tint of pink radiated from Mackenzie’s cheeks when Colton said she looked really pretty while standing up with the rest of the wedding party. Not only did he say that, but he admitted that he thought she always looked pretty. “Thanks,” she said, turning her head away from Colton to look up ahead, half hiding herself from him. Oh god. The fourteen year old wanted to bury her head into a pillow right now. Obviously, she wasn’t very good at taking compliments from the guy she’s been crushing on. Ugh, this was insane; he was her best friend! There was no reason to feel nervous or awkward in front of him – they’ve known each other for three years now.

As if things couldn’t get worse, Twerp One (who set his tie on fire) and Twerp Two must have hunted them down, for Mackenzie hadn’t seen them anywhere in sight since the ceremony ended. Before they even said anything, she knew exactly what they were going to bug her about. The brunette opened her mouth to say no but got cut off by Colton – and he said what?! Kenzie stared at him for a moment, stunned by his words until they finally hit her. She could practically feel herself flush bright red. Why did he have to say that in front of her cousins? There was no way in hell they’d keep this to themselves for longer than five minutes. As soon as they’d run off, the whole family was bound to hear what had just happened and great, then she’d be teased even more about her crush (that she did her best to pretend she didn’t have).

“Uh, erm, uhhhh...” Mackenzie couldn’t find anything to say without giving Will and Jack some entertainment or possibly making Colton feel bad. Okay, now she really wanted to bury her face into a pillow... and scream. “He’s not my boyfriend, okay? Bye!” she said, turning back around to look at the dweebs before grabbing Colton – by the wrist this time! – and taking off to hide and talk somewhere that was more private. Kenzie slipped into the reception area and made her way down a random corridor, trying to go as unnoticed as possible. Taking the next turn she saw, the witch led her date to what seemed like a pretty exclusive hallway where nobody was going to wander to. Now that they were alone, it hit her. She didn’t want to be alone with him after what just happened. She didn’t want to talk about it and put both herself and him on the spot, but Colton just said he wouldn’t mind if she was his girlfriend. Did that mean he wanted her to be his girlfriend? Or did it mean she was a better choice than most but not his first choice? Ughhhh. “Sorry about my cousins, they’re a little annoying sometimes.... or really annoying... all the time.” Maybe if they didn’t want to talk about feelings, they could at least hang out.

((OOC: outfit in left picture))

★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★

𝒻𝑜𝓊𝓇𝓉𝑒𝑒𝓃'𝓈 𝒶𝓁𝓁 𝒶𝒷𝑜𝓊𝓉 𝒷𝑒𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒻𝓇𝑒𝑒

Miss GryffindorK
Yukina101

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:23 pm
User Image

Can't count the years on one hand that we've been together
I need the other one to hold you, make you feel better

╔════════════════════════════╗
Amanda Davis

Slytherin Alumna - Thirty Years Old - Pureblood - Mother
International Magical Office of Law

╚════════════════════════════╝

Amanda watched the ceremony with Lucas on her lap. Luckily, the pacifier she stuck in his mouth and the toy monkey he brought were enough to keep him busy and quiet for the most part. One hand kept Lucas from sliding off while the other was holding August’s hand, who was seated next to her. The blonde was a tad surprised she was invited; to be fair, she and the bride were never friends in Hogwarts. She didn’t count Seth as anything more than an acquaintance either, but she figured their entire graduate class had been invited. Or at least, those who were left and able to attend. Eretria sat on the other side of Amanda and beside her was Magni; none of their children had attended.

Amanda tried finding a sitter for Lucas, but no one that she trusted was able to take care of him today. Kaitlyn was working and well, Eretria was here. So far, her son had been behaving well; however, Amanda did contemplate skipping the wedding and staying home with her child until August convinced her to go and bring him as well; that oaf. Although he was an oaf, Amanda still loved him. Plus, she can test him and see just how dedicated he is to helping her have a good time at this wedding. If Lucas acted up, would the Slytherin mother have to take care of him or would August be there, just as he said he would?

Just after the ceremony ended, Lucas had grown bored of his pacifier and spat it out. With nothing in his mouth, he began to babble, and slowly but surely, his babbling turned into whining and crying. Not only was he probably hungry – after all, it was time to feed him – but he wasn’t sitting still anymore. “Lukey, honey, I’m not putting you down until you eat,” she explained as if the two year old would understand anything. Nonetheless, he dropped his monkey while reaching for the grass below and swaying his feet in an attempt to get his mum to cave. All he wanted was to run and play and drink outside, not be dragged inside where everyone else went.

((OOC: outfit in left picture))

It's not a walk in the park to love each other
But when our fingers interlock, can't deny you're the worth it

Devlyn Maycry

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 6:43 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
                                                  When you fall asleep with your head upon my shoulder,
                                                  When you're in my arms, but you've gone somewhere deeper.
                                                  Are you going to age with grace? Are you going to age without mistakes?
                                                  Are you going to age with grace? Or only to wake and hide your face?

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx TOPAZ PYROPE MORTEMER x
                                                  PurebloodRavenclaw AlumnusCursebreakerxxxxx

「 Autumn 2036 」
                                                  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Topaz, since he was getting a good break from his duties in Germany, thought that hiking was a good idea after staying at home for a week. Though nowadays, since he and Antony had been hanging out as close friends for two years, Topaz felt more at ease than before. Well sure, he was still expecting his brother to burst out his door at any minute, but things had gone slightly easier, at least for now. Sometimes the two of them would just go at a park and talk about many things, maybe a cafe if they want to. But somehow, even just at his chateau was enough for the Ravenclaw, to which his younger brother commented as "something weird" because Topaz wasn't one to sit still at home.

Granted, Topaz could have sworn Lazuli thought that he was brainwashed or something, but also his younger brother has his own set of suspicions Topaz couldn't help but wonder. Laz wasn't one to be incredibly nosy but he was getting an air of that vibe until a fortnight ago, he asked him along the lines of "Are you sure that you don't have any attraction to anyone?". Honestly? Topaz wasn't sure, he was fairly convinced that he lacked the ability to fall immediately for someone regardless of gender. Or was it the lack of desire and infatuation? But then, neither those things weren't even love, so it had to be something else. Right? Or was he being incredibly oblivious?

One day, he invited Antony to a hiking outing but of course, not before asking him when was his day-off. Thankfully, the man said yes, it would be a real bugger if he won't take this opportunity. So they had the thing marked in the calendar and here he was, sitting on a rock, patiently waiting for Ani to arrive as he twisted his hiking cane. He was in no rush, really, there was no time limit in this outing, after all.

with [Antony] at [bottom of the mountain]

SINGLE?OUTFITSIGNATURE TUNE

xxxxxOut.Of.Characterxxxxx
                                                  ooc

When you play it hard, and I try to follow you there.
                                                  It's not about control, but I turn back when I see where you go.
                                                  Are you going to age with grace? Are you going to leave a path to trace?
                                                  But oblivion is calling out your name, you always take it further than I ever can!

Cara MiaKitty

Quote:

Quote:

Julian Galaksylph

Festive Stylist

10,225 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 7:05 pm
User Image

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xx» wнere «xx
xxxMountain Base
xxxxxxxx» wιтн «xx

xxxxxxxxxTopaz
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx» ғeelιng «xx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxHappy
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

now and тнen wнen ι ѕee нer ғacexxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                          ιт тaĸeѕ мe away тo тнaт ѕpecιal placexxxxxxxxx
                                                          and ιғ ι ѕтared тoo longxxxxxx
                                                          ι'd proвaвly вreaĸ down and cryxxx

════════════════════════════════════════════╗

spaceAntony's primary concern was that he wasn't exactly dressed to hike. His current attire was a far sight from the more formal styles of his youth, of course, but it didn't exactly look like hiking gear. The boots were sturdy enough, which he thought was the only thing that ought to really matter. And he hadn't been willing to go out and buy a whole new outfit just to go hiking. He'd been insisting for a solid week that it was because he didn't see the point in spending the money, both to himself and his daughter, who was too nosy by half. He'd thought her moving out would mean she'd meddle less, but apparently not. It just meant that she was around Kenny more and getting increasingly stable, which had actually made her meddle more. And according to her oh, so sage wisdom, he'd not gone shopping because he was trying to get through this trip without her noticing the sudden influx of hiking clothes in his closet, out of fear that she'd... well, meddle. And find out who he was going hiking with. And insist it was some sort of date. Which, she had done, and it was not! But try telling her that.

spaceHaving not been familiar with the area, or comfortable enough to apparate (what if he were seen?), Ani had opted to take the Knight Bus out, and gotten dropped off a short walk away from the intended destination. As he made his way towards what he rather hoped was the correct location, he ended up wondering if he was going to get cold. It wasn't quite cold weather yet, but didn't it tend to get that way up in the mountains regardless? Ani had never been hiking in the mountains. He went on treks through the woods sometimes, mostly to clear his head, but never up the side of a mountain. Well... if he got cold, there was always magic, he supposed.

spaceHe spotted Topaz waiting for him, and waved, jogging to close the remainder of the distance.
                                                          "Glad I found you!" he said with a laugh. "I was a bit worried I'd end up at the wrong mountain. Or on the wrong side." All things considered, that could have been awkward at best, disastrous at worst. It might've taken them hours to find each other, if Topaz had even bothered looking and not just assumed Ani had forgotten or something. Unfortunately, that had been a fair possibility; part of being a recovering alcoholic was that it turned your memory to utter shite. He'd taken to leaving little notes all over the place to remind him of things. Which helped, when he remembered to leave the notes and had something to write them with. Jojo had eventually gotten so irritated, she'd bought him a ballpoint so he'd stop trying to use a quill. Even now, there was a pen tucked in his back pocket.

╚════════════════════════════════════════════
                                                          xxxѕнe'ѕ goт eyeѕ oғ тнe вlυeѕт ѕĸιeѕ
                                                          xxxxxxaѕ ιғ тнey тнoυgнт oғ raιn
                                                          xxxxxxxxxι'd нaтe тo looĸ ιnтo тнoѕe eyeѕ
                                                          xxxxxxxxxxxxand ѕee an oυnce oғ paιn

User Image

xx» «xx
                                                          xx» oυт oғ cнaracтer «xx
                                                          - - -

Jade Galaksylph

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 6:12 am

「 Autumn 2036 」

Topaz stood up the moment he spotted Antony, smiling as if it was a normal day without any problems. "Ani, you're late!" He was obviously joking, since he was still smiling. "Just joking, you're actually just in time but don't worry. I'm a really patient one myself, and you don't have to fret thinking that I've been here for a long time. Well, if that's what you're thinking..." Which was, in fact, true. But then, he wasn't exactly paying attention to his pocket watch, to which he got from Lazuli given that his younger brother has a thing for buying things in second-hand shops then repairing it into something new. But maybe he was being a little bit faithful that Ani was getting better at this, given that one time the man visited his home in Sussex and was worried that he might went to the wrong house. That must be a thing among recovering alcoholics? Topaz wasn't sure, he didn't think he recalled a family member who was. Well. Lazuli maybe when his wife was murdered by that b*****d Jasper, but that was a few years ago.

The Ravenclaw took a glance on his attire, which wasn't exactly what he was expecting. Antony's shoes look sturdy enough, but he guess he passed? But still, Topaz concern was this question. "If you don't mind me asking, are you sure you're okay with that?" He asked, getting some sort of impression that Ani's outfit might be something he wouldn't want to be caught by some branches, "Just... just curious, with the branches and all." Topaz had done hiking before, but he supposed Antony knew what he was doing. Otherwise, he wouldn't be inviting him in the first place.

After that, he did some warm-ups and advised Antony to do the same, telling him that otherwise he might get some form of sprain. Technically, he was already well-versed in Healing but he didn't want to give Antony a hard time, even if this mountain wasn't that hard to climb. Sure, it was one of those "mundane" mountains since trekking with it wasn't as difficult and challenging compared to the others, but it was still decent since Topaz and surely Antony could still get a nice view (which was all that matters). Even for rookies. "Once we reach a certain place, it gets nicer at dusk. But... any questions?"

ooc

But oblivion is calling out your name, you always take it further than I ever can!

Cara MiaKitty

Quote:

Quote:

Julian Galaksylph

Festive Stylist

10,225 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 9:31 pm
User Image

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xx» wнere «xx
xxxMountain Base
xxxxxxxx» wιтн «xx

xxxxxxxxxTopaz
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxHappy

now and тнen wнen ι ѕee нer ғacexxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                          ιт тaĸeѕ мe away тo тнaт ѕpecιal placexxxxxxxxx
                                                          and ιғ ι ѕтared тoo longxxxxxx
                                                          ι'd proвaвly вreaĸ down and cryxxx

spaceAntony flushed faintly when Topaz commented on his attire, suddenly regretting the decision to not do any shopping. A proper jacket, at the very least, might've been called for. Or a hoodie, he supposed. Something not knit, anyway. But, too late to get one now. He swallowed, attempting to look nonplussed as he shrugged. "I didn't want to, um, invest in a shopping expedition," he answered. "Given that... well, it's not that I don't think I'll have a good time? But in case this turns out to, um. Not be my thing, so to speak, I didn't want to have spent money on clothes just for it." He swallowed, thinking he sounded sort of stupid. And pathetic, what sort of man his age had to watch his money enough that he couldn't just go out and buy a single outfit to go hiking in? Of course, his finances were doing better since he wasn't supporting Jojo as much, but he was still footing her therapy bills, which weren't cheap. And years of necessary penny pinching taught a person to be careful with their spending. The money he'd spent on the boots was enough; they were nice boots! Of course, he'd gotten them figuring on being able to wear them in general, not just for hiking, so that sort of helped. Now that he had a sort of style, he didn't think hiking attire was something he'd wear in his every day, hence the reluctance to spend on that.

spaceOf course, that just posed the issue of, what if he ruined his clothes while out today? Since he obviously shouldn't be alright with spending money on a sweater to replace one he'd ruined. Sheepishly, he smiled.
                                                          "Anyway, I'm not too worried about it," a lie, "If anything happens, there's always, you know." Magic, obviously. Not that Ani knew anything about repairing clothes with it, but it could be done, and Topaz didn't need to know he didn't know how. He'd be willing to bet money Siobhan could do it, actually, and she'd probably be more than happy to help... after she chastised him for going hiking in a sweater.

spaceAsking if he had questions made Ani feel like he ought to, but he didn't really know enough about what they were doing to even begin to know what to ask. Again, he blushed.
                                                          "Ah, I'm a tad bit unprepared, I think?" he replied. "Lack of questions is less because I don't have any, and more because I don't know what they are. But, ah, I can figure it out as we go?" Merlin, this was going to be a nightmare for Topaz, probably. Having to deal with his clueless arse didn't sound like a very good time. If he didn't know the other man would be disappointed, he'd say he should just go home and leave Topaz to it. But, he was pretty sure that was a worse idea than going through with the trip and the varying levels of misery and frustration that'd happen along the way. He'd stick it out... and apologize profusely later.

xxxѕнe'ѕ goт eyeѕ oғ тнe вlυeѕт ѕĸιeѕ
                                                          xxxxxxaѕ ιғ тнey тнoυgнт oғ raιn
                                                          xxxxxxxxxι'd нaтe тo looĸ ιnтo тнoѕe eyeѕ
                                                          xxxxxxxxxxxxand ѕee an oυnce oғ paιn

User Image

xx» «xx
                                                          xx» oυт oғ cнaracтer «xx
                                                          - - -

Jade Galaksylph

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 12:35 am

「 Autumn 2036 」

"Ah, I see. Though actually, a hoodie or a jacket could do a trick for this" Topaz nodded, being understanding, since honestly- his family was nowadays on the... upperish-middle class spectrum? Well, according to his father, they used to be really rich until the dramatic turn of events that resulted to them having to struggle in getting a goddamn job. If it wasn't for Topaz's old friend, maybe he would be stuck being jobless since he could not find any interesting fielding in being an artisan like Lazuli and Beryl. Hell, even Jasper had to start in doing very mundane desk jobs before becoming a Hit Wizard. But right now, he wanted to build a restaurant and be a renowned chef now. The only question was, where should he exactly start? "That's alright, as long as you're comfortable with it. Besides, hiking on this one wasn't as suffering compared to those ones I've climbed, those were a nightmare." He chuckled as he said the last part. Besides, there was magic anyway but again, he was worried that Ani would have to buy a new jacket for a branched one.

The Ravenclaw nodded when Ani admitted that he was a tad unprepared, it was a good thing he said that because it gave him a heads-up. Topaz hummed thoughtfully and was thinking of maybe lending his hiking stick to his friend, since he didn't think he need it. After all, he was a Cursebreaker, he was used to climbing to difficult tombs and running to traps and junk, especially Egypt. Ugh, he hated Egypt's pyramids. There were always mummies and several curses that could lead their deaths! "Fret not, I could always give assistance along the way. So, don't ever think I'm going to be disappointed or anything, because I'm honestly not. So yeah, I can always lend you my hiking stick, though. I'm a cursebreaker, I'm really used to these things." He then gave him a small assuring smile, hoping that it would clear all the awkward air, expecially since he's being awkward himself.

ooc

Cara MiaKitty

Quote:

Quote:

Julian Galaksylph

Festive Stylist

10,225 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:37 pm
Here I hang from the apple tree
Oh, take a little bite, take a bite for me
The pain, it keeps me sane for I am more than a taste
Oh, pulling at the leaves, pulling off to me
In feet first, the savage thirst
Oh leave me be, leave me be

ILLISA
LINDSAY
HARGRAVE

FORMER GRYFFINDOR │ JOURNALIST │ HALFBLOOD

For an dog of eleven, Rose still bounded ahead of Lisa on the trail like an energetic pup, and Lisa felt even older, if that was possible when one was thirty two and already needed a cane. Granted, the cane didn't hold her back that much; she almost found hiking easier than regular walking with it, if that made any sense- and besides, sometimes she could get away with just pretending it was a walking stick. If there was anything Lisa hated, it was feeling pitied, and the looks of dismay people tended to give her were more than enough to make her teeth grit and her steely eyes harden even more. Of course, no one could surpass the guy she'd met at a pub last year who'd told her that she'd 'been hot until she stood up', but at least you could punch a drunk arsehole. You couldn't punch some old biddy out for a walk with the grandkiddies.

Which was why she liked the solitude. She'd never enjoyed being alone as a child, but then again, she'd never had the chance to be alone. Three older brothers had stood in the way of that. Now the only brother left to her was Caelan, and he was busy... well, doing Caelan things. He'd always been a bit eccentric, a bit of a loner. Lisa had been the social butterfly of the family, besides Callum, who'd been a riot at parties. But Callum and Seumas were gone now, and there was no sense in putting herself in a mood when it was a perfectly glorious summer day- not too hot, but not too cold, either. Rose was barking excitedly about something at the top of the hill. Lisa finally reached the summit, shaded her eyes, and squinted in the direction the dog was bounding over to. Ah, crap.

"Rose! Leave them be, they're nae bloody sheep!" She exhaled in exasperation, hoping the person wasn't scared of dogs. "Rose, heel!"

OOC:
Cara MiaKitty

Leave me be, I’m tired; I feel so damn cold
Hold me like a child, 'cause I feel so damn old
Bind me like I’m wild, 'cause I feel so damn old
A quiet little scene on an apple tree
White roots and balanced fruit
The winter glowed on her leaves

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:49 pm
User Image

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xx» wнere «xx
xxxHiking trail
xxxxxxxx» wιтн «xx
xxxxxxxxx- - -
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxIrked

well ιт’ѕ a dog’ѕ lιғe, нoldιn’ onтo вeaυтy wнιle тнe вleaĸ nιgнтѕxxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                          are мaĸιn’ вeaѕтѕ oғ мen - тнe ғaιryтale dayѕ are deadxxxxxxxxx
                                                          ѕo тry noт тo loѕe yoυr нead wнen тнe ѕcenт ιѕ callιng agaιnxxxxxx
                                                          cold reғlecтιonѕ, тнey тell no lιeѕ вυт eyeѕ jυѕт ѕcraтcн тнe ѕυrғacexxx

spaceLock had known he was no longer alone long before the woman and her dog made their appearance, heightened senses and whatnot. He'd heard them coming, and considered making himself scarce to avoid any contact with another human being. But, one look at Tink had told him that she'd never forgive him for it; she could smell another dog on the wind, and it'd been a long time since she'd gotten to run with anyone but his pack. Besides, there were times where he swore the dog was aware and clever enough to realize how often he was alone, and to want to fix it. She was his baby, but that didn't mean that on occasion, he didn't swear she was actually his Mum. Not that he needed her to be one; Meuric was enough of a parental figure for the man, given he'd never really wanted one in the first place.

spaceThe dog's barking signaled their arrival, and he turned just in time to see a border collie running towards him. Tink stood behind him, tail wagging curiously and enthusiastically, but remaining back as per his silent orders, heeding the hand he held out in front of her. The woman appeared not far behind, trying to get her rambunctious dog to stop, but apparently 'Rose' wasn't in any mood for such a thing. He debated for a moment, then lowered his hand. Tink didn't waste a second, surging forward with interest, sniffing at the other dog. He offered a small wave to the woman, trying to look friendly, and probably failing miserably at it. He didn't care, usually, but Tink was so happy to see another dog that he was loathe to ruin her moment with his own surly introversion.

space"She's a'richt, ah think Tink 'n' ah kin handle her," he told the woman, trying to sound good-natured and again, failing. He was pretty sure he sounded more exasperated than anything. "Ye micht wantae think aboot getting her tae a dug trainer. Or keeping her oan a leash." He hadn't meant to come off as rude, or judgemental, but he was fairly certain he had. "Dinnae hae muche room tae talk, ah guess, he said, gesturing to his own dog's lack of a leash, "bit if she's yin tae run aff lik' that, she micht git herself intae trauchle." Normally, he wasn't so talkative with strangers, and certainly didn't offer advice. But, for obvious reasons, he had a soft spot for dogs. He would hate for this one to run off and get hurt or something. Besides that, most people were distraught when the idea of losing their canine companion came up, he doubted if the woman before him was any different.

xxxdon’т ѕнaĸe мe, don’т мaĸe мe вear мy тeeтн
                                                          xxxxxxyoυ really don’т wanna мeeт тнaт gυy
                                                          xxxxxxxxxdon’т waĸe мe, don’т leт ιт oғғ тнe leaѕн
                                                          xxxxxxxxxxxxтнere’ѕ a мonѕтer lιvιn’ υnder тнιѕ нιde

»» ««
                                                          xxoυт oғ cнaracтerxx
                                                          - - -

The Forgotten Weasley

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:29 am
Here I hang from the apple tree
Oh, take a little bite, take a bite for me
The pain, it keeps me sane for I am more than a taste
Oh, pulling at the leaves, pulling off to me
In feet first, the savage thirst
Oh leave me be, leave me be

ILLISA
LINDSAY
HARGRAVE

FORMER GRYFFINDOR │ JOURNALIST │ HALFBLOOD

Lisa finally got close enough to realize that the person-figure was a man, and a fairly brawny one at that. Besides that, he had a dog of his own, probably a pit, so at least she didn't have to worry about Rose scaring anyone. Not that border collies were particularly intimidating, but then again, you never knew. Besides, the man had waved and let his dog greet Rose, so she assumed it was alright. Rose did halt a few paces away from the man and the dog at her command to heel, but glanced back at her owner with a low whine. "Alright, fine, ye stubborn auld b***h," she groaned, and Rose gave an approving bark and promptly started sniffing at... Tink?

She suppressed a snort at the name, and then quickly added, "Ah meant the dog, by the way. She is- weelllll, was trained. Sort of." Lisa raised her hands- well, the hand not holding her cane- in an expression of surrender. "She's gotten rebellious in 'er auld age. Nae an excuse, ah ken. But she's only off the leash out here an' at home." She had spent far too much, the dark haired woman realized belatedly, justifying her dog to a complete stranger who had commented about Rose's running off. Consequently, she probably came off as irresponsible at best, and an idiot at worst. "Ah appreciate the concern, but ay the two ay us, ah'm the one mair likely tae ge' intae trouble," she shrugged with a somewhat rueful, but mostly unapologetic grin. "Back when ah got 'er, ah thought she'd make me mair responsible, but ah think she's been a bad influence. Should have gone wi' a cat, except ah cannae stand 'em."

OOC:
Cara MiaKitty

Leave me be, I’m tired; I feel so damn cold
Hold me like a child, 'cause I feel so damn old
Bind me like I’m wild, 'cause I feel so damn old
A quiet little scene on an apple tree
White roots and balanced fruit
The winter glowed on her leaves

The United Kingdom

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff