Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply Shopping in the UK
Guide to United Kingdom Shops Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 7:36 pm
Yukina101
Hello, my name is: Adam Donoghue

I would like to apply as a shop clerk at Sticky Wickets Sweets

The things I love about this shop are: I work in a candy store which is basically everyone's dream come true, my boss treats me like a fourth (or fifth I can't exactly keep track really) son, the customers are usually very nice, the hours are flexible, and the shop almost always smells super duper great.

The things I hate about this shop are: Packaging sweets for large orders (like wedding or school reunion large), how I almost always cut off a finger when slicing the taffy, when the shop smells super duper nice but I'm not allowed to eat any of the free samples, the occasional rude customer, stocking sweets that have no business being on the top shelves.

Accepted!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:55 pm
I, Gerald and Jarai Ellis current owners of Loch and Key Inn and Tavernhereby transfer ownership of my shop to Leslie Lovell.

Cara MiaKitty

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 9:10 pm
Yukina101
I, Gerald and Jarai Ellis current owners of Loch and Key Inn and Tavernhereby transfer ownership of my shop to Leslie Lovell.

Cara MiaKitty

I accept!

Essy ze Ninja

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2019 7:01 pm
Shop Name: WOK and ROLL: Authentic Chinese Cuisine

Shop Type: Chinese restaurant

Location of Shop: London, England

Reasons For Request: it a characters family business, it can be used for dates, didn't see other Chinese restaurants in the subforum

Image for Thread: i have a google doc with all the needed text

Thread Information: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1DqQ32IoAeb8_1vagJG19PAMkKwpUdXdHZ_A3gLHxXLA/edit?usp=drivesdk

Essy ze Ninja

CatWaffle
Crew

Questionable Waffles

9,225 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100

CatWaffle
Crew

Questionable Waffles

9,225 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 6:05 pm
Hello, my name is (Link your profile: Heng Quan

I would like to purchase Wok and Roll: Chinese Restaurant

It is located in North part of London

If I were to describe my shop, I'd say: its a family restaurant serving Chinese Cuisine. We aim for a modern fun eating experience.

How did I come to get this shop? Well... it was started by my grandpa and i took it over when he passed.

The things I love about this shop are being able to cook food i love, seeing people enjoy the cooking. Having a family business. Trying new recipes. Also money's not bsf

The things I despise about this shop are customer making unreasonable demands. Dine and dashers. People being mean to any of his family/coworkers. Burning the food. Dishes

Essy ze Ninja

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 7:11 pm
Kungfudemoness
Hello, my name is (Link your profile: Heng Quan

I would like to purchase Wok and Roll: Chinese Restaurant

It is located in North part of London

If I were to describe my shop, I'd say: its a family restaurant serving Chinese Cuisine. We aim for a modern fun eating experience.

How did I come to get this shop? Well... it was started by my grandpa and i took it over when he passed.

The things I love about this shop are being able to cook food i love, seeing people enjoy the cooking. Having a family business. Trying new recipes. Also money's not bsf

The things I despise about this shop are customer making unreasonable demands. Dine and dashers. People being mean to any of his family/coworkers. Burning the food. Dishes

Essy ze Ninja

Accepted!  

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2020 10:05 pm
Hello, my name is Ceallachan O'Madaidhin

I would like to purchase The Hobgoblin Theater Co.

It is located in Cardiff, Wales

If I were to describe my shop, I'd say: The Hobgoblin is a magically-run theater company and troupe organized by a pair of siblings with a passion for the dramatic arts. It specializes in performances for the magical community, but frequently performs for muggle audiences as well.

How did I come to get this shop? Well... My sister and I abused our father's name to collect a few investors among his colleagues in the music and entertainment industries. We didn't take any money from him, because we didn't want to encourage him. But we definitely schmoozed a few of his friends.

The things I love about this shop are getting to be involved in the theater in general, having complete creative control (more or less) over what's done, working with younger and inexperienced performers to help them improve, providing a unique work experience for various employees, being able to use magic to create effects normally only seen in film.

The things I despise about this shop are casting for larger plays when there aren't enough people, having to figure out how to eliminate or downplay magical effects for muggle audiences, fighting with my sister over creative differences, my dad constantly stopping by to offer his two pence on everything we do, and auditioning people who only think they can sing.

Oh yes, there's something else I need to tell you! Agnes Maura McDonald and I co-own this company!  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2020 10:08 pm
Cara MiaKitty
Hello, my name is Ceallachan O'Madaidhin

If I were to describe my shop, I'd say: The Hobgoblin is a magically-run theater company and troupe organized by a pair of siblings with a passion for the dramatic arts. It specializes in performances for the magical community, but frequently performs for muggle audiences as well.

How did I come to get this shop? Well... My sister and I abused our father's name to collect a few investors among his colleagues in the music and entertainment industries. We didn't take any money from him, because we didn't want to encourage him. But we definitely schmoozed a few of his friends.

The things I love about this shop are getting to be involved in the theater in general, having complete creative control (more or less) over what's done, working with younger and inexperienced performers to help them improve, providing a unique work experience for various employees, being able to use magic to create effects normally only seen in film.

The things I despise about this shop are casting for larger plays when there aren't enough people, having to figure out how to eliminate or downplay magical effects for muggle audiences, fighting with my sister over creative differences, my dad constantly stopping by to offer his two pence on everything we do, and auditioning people who only think they can sing.

Oh yes, there's something else I need to tell you! Agnes Maura McDonald and I co-own this company!

Accepted!  

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2020 11:29 pm
Hello, my name is: Magdalena Puck Abrams

I would like to apply as a Stage hand/Stage support at The Hobgoblin Theater Co.

The things I love about this shop are: Not teaching teenagers, getting to do more of what I'm interested in, there's always some sort of interesting challenge, when the owners bicker because it's highkey hilarious, building seemingly impossibly sets.

The things I hate about this shop are: Actors asking "is it done yet" fifty times a day, people stepping or touching wet paint after c l e a r l y leaving a sign, forgetting and using magic and having the soldering iron try and impale someone, people breaking props more than once, forgetting that muggles occasionally watch and having to explain invisible trick wires to anyone that asks.

Oh, yes, there’s something else I need to tell you: I've got loads of experience and high scores in Charms, Potions, and Indigenous Magic

Cara MiaKitty

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2020 4:40 pm
Yukina101
Hello, my name is: Magdalena Puck Abrams

I would like to apply as a Stage hand/Stage support at The Hobgoblin Theater Co.

The things I love about this shop are: Not teaching teenagers, getting to do more of what I'm interested in, there's always some sort of interesting challenge, when the owners bicker because it's highkey hilarious, building seemingly impossibly sets.

The things I hate about this shop are: Actors asking "is it done yet" fifty times a day, people stepping or touching wet paint after c l e a r l y leaving a sign, forgetting and using magic and having the soldering iron try and impale someone, people breaking props more than once, forgetting that muggles occasionally watch and having to explain invisible trick wires to anyone that asks.

Oh, yes, there’s something else I need to tell you: I've got loads of experience and high scores in Charms, Potions, and Indigenous Magic

Cara MiaKitty

Accepted!  

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2020 5:41 pm
Hello, my name is: Nathaniel Ellerly

I would like to apply as a Stagehand/Set builder at The Hobgoblin Theater,

The things I love about this shop are: getting to work in the theater, knowing that my influence on the owners inspired them to open it, having a set specific gig rather than working odd-jobs, the challenge of creating a full set with limited space and resources, being able to re-use materials rather than constantly having to buy more.

The things I hate about this shop are: having to tear down a particularly interesting/beautiful set, the challenge of creating a full set with limited space and resources, sudden chances to set design because of blocking or aesthetic decisions, working until the eleventh hour more often than not, not having enough hands to do all the work needed.

Oh, yes, there’s something else I need to tell you: I was recruited to work here before the place actually even opened, when it was still just a dream. My specialty is carpentry and set design, but I can also work with most materials and do prop fabrication. I'm not the best painter but I can at least get down a base coat and some broad detail work to be filled in later.

Fuzzymelonlord

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2020 5:45 pm
Hello, my name is: Ruaridh Murdoch

I would like to apply as a Stagehand at The Hobgoblin Theater,

The things I love about this shop are: having gainful employment, getting to use my graffiti and artistic skills, being able to get a little messy, working in the theater world, getting to watch the plays and see my work come to life.

The things I hate about this shop are: having to help with tasks outside my skillset because we don't have the manpower, when there are 'creative differences' and I have to change things about my designs, getting bossed around in general, how chipper most of the other employees are, rude theater-goers who don't respect the craft.

Oh, yes, there’s something else I need to tell you: I heard about this job from my cousin. I'm mostly a painter, but I can do some costume work and makeup, and help with manual labor here and there. I can also work sound, though it's not my ideal position.

Fuzzymelonlord

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

Fuzzymelonlord

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 6:21 pm
Hello, my name is Agnes McDonald

How did I come to get this shop? My brother and I used our Father and Uncle's influence to find a few sponsors in the music industry to help us get things up and running. Our Da offered to help but we refused him.

The things I love about this shop: Being able to have a hand in deciding the productions. helping inexperienced and younger people in the field find a place to work. Being able to direct my own vision (some of the times).Being able to be involved in theatre in general. Getting to make a big theatre family.

The things I despise about this shop: Fighting with my brother over creative differences. Actors who think they can run the show just because they are the lead. "H*ll Week", those are the worst. Having to deal with Da anytime he decides to randomly drop in. When the cast doesn't take notes properly

Oh yes, there's something else I need to tell you! Ceallachan O'Madaidhin and I co-own this company!

Cara MiaKitty

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 5:43 pm
Fuzzymelonlord
Hello, my name is Agnes McDonald

How did I come to get this shop? My brother and I used our Father and Uncle's influence to find a few sponsors in the music industry to help us get things up and running. Our Da offered to help but we refused him.

The things I love about this shop: Being able to have a hand in deciding the productions. helping inexperienced and younger people in the field find a place to work. Being able to direct my own vision (some of the times).Being able to be involved in theatre in general. Getting to make a big theatre family.

The things I despise about this shop: Fighting with my brother over creative differences. Actors who think they can run the show just because they are the lead. "H*ll Week", those are the worst. Having to deal with Da anytime he decides to randomly drop in. When the cast doesn't take notes properly

Oh yes, there's something else I need to tell you! Ceallachan O'Madaidhin and I co-own this company!

Cara MiaKitty

Accepted!  

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

Fuzzymelonlord

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2020 5:39 pm
Cara MiaKitty
Hello, my name is: Ruaridh Murdoch

I would like to apply as a Stagehand at The Hobgoblin Theater,

The things I love about this shop are: having gainful employment, getting to use my graffiti and artistic skills, being able to get a little messy, working in the theater world, getting to watch the plays and see my work come to life.

The things I hate about this shop are: having to help with tasks outside my skillset because we don't have the manpower, when there are 'creative differences' and I have to change things about my designs, getting bossed around in general, how chipper most of the other employees are, rude theater-goers who don't respect the craft.

Oh, yes, there’s something else I need to tell you: I heard about this job from my cousin. I'm mostly a painter, but I can do some costume work and makeup, and help with manual labor here and there. I can also work sound, though it's not my ideal position.

Fuzzymelonlord

Accepted  
Shopping in the UK

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas