Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply Shopping in the UK
Guide to United Kingdom Shops Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Fuzzymelonlord

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2020 5:41 pm
Cara MiaKitty
Hello, my name is: Nathaniel Ellerly

I would like to apply as a Stagehand/Set builder at The Hobgoblin Theater,

The things I love about this shop are: getting to work in the theater, knowing that my influence on the owners inspired them to open it, having a set specific gig rather than working odd-jobs, the challenge of creating a full set with limited space and resources, being able to re-use materials rather than constantly having to buy more.

The things I hate about this shop are: having to tear down a particularly interesting/beautiful set, the challenge of creating a full set with limited space and resources, sudden chances to set design because of blocking or aesthetic decisions, working until the eleventh hour more often than not, not having enough hands to do all the work needed.

Oh, yes, there’s something else I need to tell you: I was recruited to work here before the place actually even opened, when it was still just a dream. My specialty is carpentry and set design, but I can also work with most materials and do prop fabrication. I'm not the best painter but I can at least get down a base coat and some broad detail work to be filled in later.

Fuzzymelonlord

Accepted

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2020 6:15 pm
Hello, my name is: Whitney Prescott

I would like to apply as a Music Director at The Hobgoblin Theater.

The things I love about this shop are: working with my friends, getting to do something in the music/theater industry, watching the shows come together, helping choose shows to perform, sneaking around the theater snogging my girlfriend not having an evil boss.

The things I hate about this shop are: when being friends makes being co-workers difficult and vice versa, having to wear my hearing aids so I can help with talent auditions/sound design, people who think they can sing/play an instrument and can't, people pitching their ideas on how to 'improve' a song to me, nearly getting caught snogging my girlfriend by her brother having the catchiest of catchy musical songs stuck in my head for months on end.

Oh, yes, there’s something else I need to tell you: I'm willing to act and help out with construction stuff but it is not my job and I cannot be held accountable for mistakes that are made.

Fuzzymelonlord

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50

Fuzzymelonlord

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2020 6:20 pm
Cara MiaKitty
Hello, my name is: Whitney Prescott

I would like to apply as a Music Director at The Hobgoblin Theater.

The things I love about this shop are: working with my friends, getting to do something in the music/theater industry, watching the shows come together, helping choose shows to perform, sneaking around the theater snogging my girlfriend not having an evil boss.

The things I hate about this shop are: when being friends makes being co-workers difficult and vice versa, having to wear my hearing aids so I can help with talent auditions/sound design, people who think they can sing/play an instrument and can't, people pitching their ideas on how to 'improve' a song to me, nearly getting caught snogging my girlfriend by her brother having the catchiest of catchy musical songs stuck in my head for months on end.

Oh, yes, there’s something else I need to tell you: I'm willing to act and help out with construction stuff but it is not my job and I cannot be held accountable for mistakes that are made.

Fuzzymelonlord

Approved But Maura wants a divorce  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2020 9:45 pm
Hello, my name is Kiery Hemlock

I would like to purchase Hemlock Grove Books & Obscurities

It is located in Manchester, England

If I were to describe my shop, I'd say: A one-stop shop for all your occult needs, with items ranging from crystals and cards to books on any magical subject you can imagine.

How did I come to get this shop? Well... It was always my dream to own my own occult store, even when I was young! So immediately after graduating, I saved up every little bit of money I could until I had just enough to pay the down payment on a small shopfront.

The things I love about this shop are seeing the odd characters that come in, being able to cater to both muggle 'witches' and the actual magical community, getting sample packs of new tarot and oracle decks, bulk discounts on various items from suppliers, and getting first pick of any new items we get in stock.

The things I despise about this shop are people who come in just to make fun of our wares and clientele, wizards who scoff at the 'magical' items I sell to muggles, getting magical items in with bad auras that I have to work hard to cleanse, keeping track of inventory, thieves.

Oh yes, there's something else I need to tell you! There is a small hallway in the back of the store which is hidden both by angles and an obscuring charm, with a door that requires a wand to open, through which customers can find the wizard-only inventory.

Diamond Wales

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

Fuzzymelonlord

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2020 5:14 pm
Employee Application

Hello, my name is: Miranda Nolan

I would like to apply as a Costume Designer at Hobgoblin Theatre

The things I love about this shop are: It will pay me money, my interactions with others will be limited, I am pretty well versed in theatre and enjoy the arts, I like designing things so this would be a good way to actually do that and profit from it. I work better with a deadline so having set days for things to be completed pushes me to do better.

The things I hate about this shop are: I will have to regularly converse with people, I hate classical music in general but because of the musicals that would be put on I will have to listen to it, If my costumes don't come out perfectly it will really bother me and I will probably continue to remake and do adjustments, having to deal with actors being picky about their costumes, having to reign in my usually argumentative nature

Oh, yes, there’s something else I need to tell you: I know i'm not the best with people yet but I am trying to get better.

Cara MiaKitty

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2020 5:25 pm
Fuzzymelonlord
Employee Application

Hello, my name is: Miranda Nolan

I would like to apply as a Costume Designer at Hobgoblin Theatre

The things I love about this shop are: It will pay me money, my interactions with others will be limited, I am pretty well versed in theatre and enjoy the arts, I like designing things so this would be a good way to actually do that and profit from it. I work better with a deadline so having set days for things to be completed pushes me to do better.

The things I hate about this shop are: I will have to regularly converse with people, I hate classical music in general but because of the musicals that would be put on I will have to listen to it, If my costumes don't come out perfectly it will really bother me and I will probably continue to remake and do adjustments, having to deal with actors being picky about their costumes, having to reign in my usually argumentative nature

Oh, yes, there’s something else I need to tell you: I know i'm not the best with people yet but I am trying to get better.

Cara MiaKitty

Accepted!  

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

Fuzzymelonlord

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2020 5:27 pm
Employee Application

Hello, my name is: Séaghdha O'Hannagain

I would like to apply as a Actor at Hobgoblin Theatre

The things I love about this shop are: Working in a theatre industry, getting to create a story on stage for the audience, being able to help even outside of my general comfort zone. Getting to learn from my coworkers. Performing more unknown plays and musicals.

The things I hate about this shop are: having to possibly work with "Diva"s who put themselves over the production. The feeling you get when you finish a show. The fact that it is an indoor theatre. Learning dance numbers for musicals, memorizing monologue, especially the ones that feel like they go on FOREVER

Oh, yes, there’s something else I need to tell you: I'm also an aspiring Playwright!

Cara MiaKitty

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2020 5:40 pm
Fuzzymelonlord
Employee Application

Hello, my name is: Séaghdha O'Hannagain

I would like to apply as a Actor at Hobgoblin Theatre

The things I love about this shop are: Working in a theatre industry, getting to create a story on stage for the audience, being able to help even outside of my general comfort zone. Getting to learn from my coworkers. Performing more unknown plays and musicals.

The things I hate about this shop are: having to possibly work with "Diva"s who put themselves over the production. The feeling you get when you finish a show. The fact that it is an indoor theatre. Learning dance numbers for musicals, memorizing monologue, especially the ones that feel like they go on FOREVER

Oh, yes, there’s something else I need to tell you: I'm also an aspiring Playwright!

Cara MiaKitty

Accepted!  

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2020 9:56 am
Cara MiaKitty
Hello, my name is Kiery Hemlock

I would like to purchase Hemlock Grove Books & Obscurities

It is located in Manchester, England

If I were to describe my shop, I'd say: A one-stop shop for all your occult needs, with items ranging from crystals and cards to books on any magical subject you can imagine.

How did I come to get this shop? Well... It was always my dream to own my own occult store, even when I was young! So immediately after graduating, I saved up every little bit of money I could until I had just enough to pay the down payment on a small shopfront.

The things I love about this shop are seeing the odd characters that come in, being able to cater to both muggle 'witches' and the actual magical community, getting sample packs of new tarot and oracle decks, bulk discounts on various items from suppliers, and getting first pick of any new items we get in stock.

The things I despise about this shop are people who come in just to make fun of our wares and clientele, wizards who scoff at the 'magical' items I sell to muggles, getting magical items in with bad auras that I have to work hard to cleanse, keeping track of inventory, thieves.

Oh yes, there's something else I need to tell you! There is a small hallway in the back of the store which is hidden both by angles and an obscuring charm, with a door that requires a wand to open, through which customers can find the wizard-only inventory.

Diamond Wales

Accepted!  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2021 11:30 pm
Hello, my name is: Jack Lovette

I would like to apply as an actor at the Hobgoblin Theater.

The things I love about this job are: all the attention, all the stories, working with everyone to put on a good show, being able to be as dramatic as I want and it be work appropriate, not having to work a "normal" job

The things I hate about this job are: not being taken seriously, when my notes or opinions get ignored, some actors are really stuck up, some actors are really really bad at their job, and boring scripts.

Oh, yes, there’s something else I need to tell you: I want to be an actor, of course, but I know this is a small company so I'm obviously happy to help with stuff like sets and costuming and other tech things.

Diamond Wales

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2021 12:02 am
MJ Spooks
Hello, my name is: Jack Lovette

I would like to apply as an actor at the Hobgoblin Theater.

The things I love about this job are: all the attention, all the stories, working with everyone to put on a good show, being able to be as dramatic as I want and it be work appropriate, not having to work a "normal" job

The things I hate about this job are: not being taken seriously, when my notes or opinions get ignored, some actors are really stuck up, some actors are really really bad at their job, and boring scripts.

Oh, yes, there’s something else I need to tell you: I want to be an actor, of course, but I know this is a small company so I'm obviously happy to help with stuff like sets and costuming and other tech things.

Diamond Wales

Accepted!  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2021 8:46 pm
Hello, my name is Jamshid Teymourian

I would like to purchase Khatami Restaurant and Grill

It is located in Aberdeen, Scotland

If I were to describe my shop, I'd say: It's an Iranian restaurant that serves a variety of traditional Iranian food

How did I come to get this shop? Well... After gaining experience after years of working in the restaurant industry, I saved up money and took out loans to buy the place and open this restaurant

The things I love about this shop are I get to cook food that I enjoy, I'm sharing my culture with others, my daughter helps me out, the people are friendly, I'm my own boss

The things I despise about this shop are How crowded it can get, how busy it is during rush hour, people who don't leave at closing time and have to be shooed out, people who demand discounts pretending they know the owner

Essy ze Ninja

oyehh

Feral Fairy

24,500 Points
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Vintage 200
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Candy Fiend 150

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2021 9:20 pm
oyehh
Hello, my name is Jamshid Teymourian

I would like to purchase Khatami Restaurant and Grill

It is located in Aberdeen, Scotland

If I were to describe my shop, I'd say: It's an Iranian restaurant that serves a variety of traditional Iranian food

How did I come to get this shop? Well... After gaining experience after years of working in the restaurant industry, I saved up money and took out loans to buy the place and open this restaurant

The things I love about this shop are I get to cook food that I enjoy, I'm sharing my culture with others, my daughter helps me out, the people are friendly, I'm my own boss

The things I despise about this shop are How crowded it can get, how busy it is during rush hour, people who don't leave at closing time and have to be shooed out, people who demand discounts pretending they know the owner

Essy ze Ninja

Accepted!  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2021 7:19 pm
Hello, my name is: Rosabella Winthrop

I would like to apply as an Assistant Manager at Hemlock Grove.

The things I love about this shop are: The quality of the products, the calm and positive energy, providing readings, aroma from the fragrances, and the lack of spooky items.

The things I hate about this shop are: Skeptics and nonbelievers who come in, the cramped space, asking customers with drinks or food to leave them outside, customers who touch items they don't intend on buying, and customers with negative energy.

Oh, yes, there’s something else I need to tell you: I am a Seer and can practice Divination

MJ Spooks

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2021 7:25 pm
kiska166
Hello, my name is: Rosabella Winthrop

I would like to apply as an Assistant Manager at Hemlock Grove.

The things I love about this shop are: The quality of the products, the calm and positive energy, providing readings, aroma from the fragrances, and the lack of spooky items.

The things I hate about this shop are: Skeptics and nonbelievers who come in, the cramped space, asking customers with drinks or food to leave them outside, customers who touch items they don't intend on buying, and customers with negative energy.

Oh, yes, there’s something else I need to tell you: I am a Seer and can practice Divination

MJ Spooks

Hired!  
Shopping in the UK

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas