Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 5:33 pm
User Image

It had taken some work (not like she had anything better to do anyway) but Neema had made herself a perch by the waterhole. She was lucky there were rocks around already or it would have been much harder.. but moving a suitable one even as far as she did was hard enough. She sat there, elevated about the crowd, back straight and head high.. having already put off a few passers-by with loud questions about who should be monarch and how she would be the best choice.

Whether or not she was actively harassing people with these questions and opinions, she had certainly positioned herself so that it was impossible not to notice her.

Whether or not she was serious (a question she had yet avoided answering), she found herself surprised to be enjoying the attention she got this way. It was quite the change. She didn't always hide but she had never sought the spotlight before.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 5:42 pm
User Image

The world had turned, Shangyue had fallen, and yet the pride was still uneasy. No new monarch had been crowned, though it had been moons since the killer King had been slain. The Great Lion's attention had not yet been returned to the pride, nor would it until a good ruler was chosen. Nyeusi herself favored the idea of a Queen instead of a King, but only the Great Lion, through his tool the Shaman, could determine that.

The Huntress often felt sorry for Lailah K'chol, who was fortunate enough to be the repository of the Great Lion's will within the pride. It was a mighty responsibility, and given the question on everyone's lips about a monarch, Lailah had been rather scarce of late.

Neema, the Shaman's twin, was in plain sight. She'd assembled a not-official-throne next to the watering hole and was quite visible to everyone. It was no secret that the yellow-marked lioness had declared her candidacy for the vacant throne, and she was making sure everyone knew it.

Approaching, the black female looked up at the white.

"Do you feel closer to the Great Lion up there?" she asked mildly.  

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 5:57 pm
Neema saw Nyeusi coming from a distance- whether or not anybody else paid her any attention now that Shangyue was dead and her warnings were unnecessary, Neema certainly still kept an eye out for the other lioness.

She smiled blithely at Nyeusi.

"Of course," she answered, "It's an all-around good view from here."

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 6:00 pm
Nyeusi studied the older lioness on her perch. Neema seemed confident and calm. Given what the black lioness knew of the white, it was entirely possible that she could be joking, but it was impossible to tell. The Huntress was not in an especially jovial mood.

"And do you think He wants you up there?" she asked.  

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 6:05 pm
"He may," she answered brightly, "If He did, who would I be to refuse?"

Nyeusi seemed to be of sound mind again, she even looked like she was back to normal.. whatever normal might be. Truthfully, Neema had not known Nyeusi well enough before everything happened. She had surely come out from her adventure as the pride's Doomsday Prophet a changed lioness, but she no longer seemed the crazed lunatic she once had been.

"One could easily make the argument that He has favoured you, Nyeusi," she said, "What do you think He wants now? What choice of paths from here would be most appropriate?"

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 6:12 pm
The darker lioness was quiet as she observed the paler female on her rock, fur shining in the light of the waning moon while Nyeusi herself was a shadow with a shadow, illuminated only by her grey forelegs while her face remained in darkness. Neema's initial response was pious enough, but there was something in her attitude. Her deflection back to Nyeusi was not enough to conceal it either.

"If the Great Lion has favored me, it is more than I deserve. I serve His Will and spread His Word, but I am a lowly mortal," the lioness replied at last. She refused to get above herself in this case. She would discuss the issues of inter-class relationships of course, but beside the Great Lion, all mortals were dust.

"I do not think that He wants you up there though," she continued. "Your continuing display hurts your sister and makes it harder for her to know His Will in truth."  

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 6:21 pm
Neema did not mind being told she wasn't the right choice, she wanted the opinions- and even one discounted possibility was better than having no idea at all-- but the one thing that was sure to sour her mood was mention of Lailah. Her smile wavered and exhaled sharply.

"Don't worry about our Shaman, Nyeusi," she said, "She certainly has much on her mind right now, but I am definitely not one of them."

It was the closest she had come to revealing the truth of her campaign to be Queen. Lailah's mind was made up regarding Neema's eligibility, it didn't truly matter what she thought.. unless she somehow did amass a following within the pride, of course. From the outside, that would certainly appear to be her goal.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 6:26 pm
"I worry about Lailah K'chol daily," was the reply. "She is our surest link to the Great Lion, and must divine His Will concerning our new ruler. I fear that the trouble she is having may make her ill."

Thank the Great Lion that the Shaman had multiple Apprentices that she'd trained well. It was said that the Shaman before Stellaluna and her Apprentice had simply vanished one night, never to be seen again. It had fallen upon Unyezi to help train the new Shaman and her Apprentice, Lailah.

Back to Neema, it was unsurprising Lailah was having such a difficult time, what with her own twin refusing to back down. Neema's intentions must be clouding what Lailah could learn from the Great Lion, drawing out this period of instability.  

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 6:35 pm
"The Shaman has a large family she could rely upon," she said pointedly, refusing to say Lailah's name and almost certainly revealing why in her choice of words, "She also has two former Kings, a former Queen, a Regent, her apprentices.. a wise Shaman would take advantage of all of the resources available to her in such a time, I have no worries."

It could have been the truth, should have been. It wasn't, but that wasn't something Neema would discuss with just anybody. There was nothing wrong with what she said, and as far as she was concerned there was nothing wrong with what she was doing.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 6:42 pm
Nyeusi raised an eyebrow, invisible above her cerulean save for how the change in expression briefly altered the shape of the eye below. Neema's tone seemed to say "yes, this is what I must say, but it is the opposite of what I believe." Or perhaps it was her posture. Regardless, the black lioness was fairly certain that the white was lying. If not to the Huntress than to herself.

She considered, briefly, how best to respond.

"Is that really what you think?" the dark lioness asked at last. "Because I think not." Nyeusi surveyed the older female on her rocks once more before turning away.

"This pride exists to glorify the Great Lion, not the other way around."  

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 6:49 pm
Neema's genuine smile returned, though it was somewhat smug even as Nyeusi turned away from her. She was surprised by the conversation she had with the reformed lunatic, irritated by having to discuss Lailah, her health and her well-being.

"We have no ruler, many have stepped back but few have stepped up," she called after Nyeusi, "The pride needs someone, it cannot forget that."

A leader didn't have to be some humble nobody hiding in the crowd. Someone who was willing to take on that responsibility, for better or worse, was just as valid an option. If her campaign was not serious, Neema put herself at risk of being taken seriously.. and she would step up if asked, however unlikely that was.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 6:52 pm
If Neema wished to delude herself at the cost of her own twin's health and sanity, so be it. It wasn't for Nyeusi to interfere in family matters. She'd given her warning, it remained to be seen what happened. Still, the long interlude made much more sense now that she'd seen some of the cause with her own eyes, and heard with her own ears.

For the sake of pride and Shaman, she hoped this was resolved sooner, rather than later. Else they might find themselves in need of a new Shaman.  

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

[IC] Mwezi'Johari Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces