Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply Private Homes
Lyall & Rider's Townhouse Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 11:01 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Nestled in the heart of London, England, there sits a small row of townhouses. The third of those belongs to Lyall Thompson and Rider Wilson. It has a quaint living room that Lyall decorated in Hufflepuff colors, a pretty wooden kitchen decorated with some garage sale jars adorned with chickens, and a large office study on the first floor. If you go up the narrow staircase between the living room and the kitchen, you reach a small hallway with three doors. On the left is a pretty bedroom decorated in green for Rider. On the right is Lyall's bedroom with lots of warm blankets. The door at the end of the hallway leads to a bathroom with a large tub. All the house is filled with pictures of the two and their friends, as a reminder of their years at Hogwarts and all the potential of the future.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 11:13 pm

|| Home || Work || Diagon Alley || Elsewhere ||

|| Home || Work || Diagon Alley || Elsewhere ||

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 11:16 pm
About This House...

There is occasionally an owl about, Rider's barn owl, Tintri

Lyall routinely utilizes his animagus abilities to nap in bunny form on the couch.

Oftentimes, family comes to visit, so the small townhouse can be very cramped on occasion.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 12:17 pm
User ImageUser Image

ℋ𝒆𝓪𝓵𝒆𝓻𝓐𝓷𝓲𝓶𝓪𝓰𝓾𝓼ℋ𝓾𝒇𝒇𝓵𝒆𝓹𝓾𝒇𝒇 𝓐𝓵𝓾𝓶𝓷𝓾𝓼

Lyall landed his apparation flawlessly, still holding Rider safely in his arms. Carefully, he set her down, wrapping his arms around her shoulders so she was secure against his chest. "Alright... I remember you saying you needed to get away, so I... I thought up a plan. Rider, this place is gonna be your safe spot, alright? Are you ready?" He hugged her a bit, the excitement evident in his voice. After waiting for an affirmative, he slipped his scarf off her eyes, showing her the colorful living room of their new townhouse. It was all ready for her. All the pictures around were smiling ones of her and Claire, them and all their friends, his family, and a few were just the two of them. He cast a nervous glance at the woman, biting his lip in anticipation. "Welcome home, Ri. I do hope you'll agree to live here with me? You have your own room though, so it's not... not bad! And we're in London! A brand new, fresh start for the two of us." Now, he just had to hope she would choose to accept his offer.

Summer II

A ʙᴀᴄᴋʟᴇss ᴅʀᴇss ᴀɴᴅ sᴏᴍᴇ ʙᴇᴀᴛ ᴜᴘ sɴᴇᴀᴋs, ᴍʏ ᴅɪsᴄᴏᴛʜèǫᴜᴇ, Jᴜʟɪᴇᴛ ᴛᴇᴇɴᴀɢᴇ ᴅʀᴇᴀᴍ.
I ғᴇʟᴛ ɪᴛ ɪɴ ᴍʏ ᴄʜᴇsᴛ ᴀs sʜᴇ ʟᴏᴏᴋᴇᴅ ᴀᴛ ᴍᴇ. I ᴋɴᴇᴡ ᴡᴇ ᴡᴇʀᴇ ʙᴏᴜɴᴅ ᴛᴏ ʙᴇ ᴛᴏɢᴇᴛʜᴇʀ,
Sʜᴇ ᴛᴏᴏᴋ ᴍʏ ᴀʀᴍ, I ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ᴋɴᴏᴡ ʜᴏᴡ ɪᴛ ʜᴀᴘᴘᴇɴᴇᴅ.
Wᴇ ᴛᴏᴏᴋ ᴛʜᴇ ғʟᴏᴏʀ ᴀɴᴅ sʜᴇ sᴀɪᴅ, "Oʜ, ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ʏᴏᴜ ᴅᴀʀᴇ ʟᴏᴏᴋ ʙᴀᴄᴋ.
Jᴜsᴛ ᴋᴇᴇᴘ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴇʏᴇs ᴏɴ ᴍᴇ." I sᴀɪᴅ, "Yᴏᴜ'ʀᴇ ʜᴏʟᴅɪɴɢ ʙᴀᴄᴋ,"
Sʜᴇ sᴀɪᴅ, "Sʜᴜᴛ ᴜᴘ ᴀɴᴅ ᴅᴀɴᴄᴇ ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴍᴇ!"
Tʜɪs ᴡᴏᴍᴀɴ ɪs ᴍʏ ᴅᴇsᴛɪɴʏ! Sʜᴇ sᴀɪᴅ, "Oᴏʜ-ᴏᴏʜ-ʜᴏᴏ, sʜᴜᴛ ᴜᴘ ᴀɴᴅ ᴅᴀɴᴄᴇ ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴍᴇ."

𝒟𝑒𝑒𝓅 𝒾𝓃 𝒽𝑒𝓇 𝑒𝓎𝑒𝓈, 𝐼 𝓉𝒽𝒾𝓃𝓀 𝐼 𝓈𝑒𝑒 𝓂𝓎 𝒻𝓊𝓉𝓊𝓇𝑒. 𝐼 𝓇𝑒𝒶𝓁𝒾𝓏𝑒 𝓉𝒽𝒾𝓈 𝒾𝓈 𝓂𝓎 𝓁𝒶𝓈𝓉 𝒸𝒽𝒶𝓃𝒸𝑒...

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

Summer II

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 12:40 pm

--------r ι d e r--------w ι l ѕ o n--------

♪ She wants to go home ♫
♪ But nobody's home ♫
♪ That's where she lies ♫
♪ Broken inside ♫

--------н υ ғ ғ l e p υ ғ ғ----a l υ м n a

Rider would have been sick to her stomach if there was anything in there for her to retch, but they had apparated to... somewhere. Lyall navigated her to a seat and explained to her that she'd said she needed a safe spot. She had, she couldn't stay in her family home. He removed the scarf from over her eyes and showed her the living room. There were pictures on the walls of her and her friends, her sister and a few of just her and Lyall. Her eyes watered as she looked around at all the pictures. When Lyall spoke, she turned her teary eyes to him. He asked her to move into this place with him. This was a new start for her, that's what he wanted. She blinked a couple times and then wiped the tears from her eyes. He'd figured it out. He'd figured out a way to save her. Rider pressed her face into Lyall's chest and cried, but for the first time in a long time, they were tears of joy. The girl realized he was waiting for an answer, so while she cried, she nodded her head, answering his question.

♪ With no place to go ♫
♪ No place to go ♫
♪ To dry her eyes ♫
♪ Broken inside ♫

-----------o υ т----o ғ----c н a r a c т e r-----------

{...}

Miss GryffindorK

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 1:07 pm
User ImageUser Image

Lyall sat beside Rider on the couch, admiring the comfort. After he'd taken the scarf away, he watched the girl look around, noting the awe in her eyes. After a second, she fell into his chest, so he wrapped his arms around her. As she cried, he pet her hair, talking quietly to try and soothe her. Rider nodded, proving that she did indeed want to stay. After a second of thinking, he stood, carefully standing her up too. "Well, how about a tour of our new house? And... I've got an idea for it." He grinned, squatting a bit and pulling her arms around his shoulders before standing and scooping her legs into his arms. She had trouble walking, so he'd carry her piggy-back style! With a chuckle, he led her into the kitchen, then the study. After that he went up the stairs, showing the bathroom, his bedroom, then he stepped into hers. "And this is your room. I chose green because it's your favorite color. Also because it's the color of spring and rejuvenation and stuff. We still need to go back to the other house when you're feeling up to it, to get all your clothes and other belongings. Oh and Tintri too. We need him! There's a perch over there for him." He turned, setting her on her new bed before sitting beside her. "Well, that's the tour. It's not very big or anything, but it's in a nice area and it's quaint. Plus, you're not in Ireland anymore! And it's only a couple blocks from St Mungo's, so if you still want a job there, it's not a long walk." He grinned, hugging her tightly. He hoped her tears would dry and she'd be able to break free of her own depression.

Summer II

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

Summer II

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 1:15 pm

♪ She wants to go home ♫
♪ But nobody's home ♫
♪ Broken inside ♫

When Rider was lifted and placed on Lyall's back, she held onto him as tightly as he weak arms could, then watched as he showed her around the house. He'd gone through all this for her. She could feel tears still running down her cheeks, but she couldn't speak. She was speechless as they walked through the new house. When they arrived at her room, she stared in awe. There was a lot of green. A small smile cracked her lips. Her heart was fluttering with joy as he set her down on the bed. It wasn't her bed from back home... but it was soft and comfortable. She flopped against Lyall and hugged him tightly. "It's perfect," she said, wiping some tears from her eyes. The girl was still shaking, although now she couldn't tell if it was from being cold and weak or... excited. She opened her mouth to say something, then a loud sound from her stomach erupted. It was a rumble. The girl blinked and looked at Lyall. "I think I'm hungry," she said in amazement.

♪ With no place to go ♫
♪ No place to go ♫
♪ To dry her eyes ♫
♪ Broken inside ♫

{...}

Miss GryffindorK

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 3:51 am
User ImageUser Image

Lyall hugged Rider, petting her hair gently. He could feel her smile, which was something he hadn't seen in many long months. It made it better that she wasn't in a dreamlike stasis, but she was truly happy. She was shivering quite badly, so he slipped out of his warm blazer and wrapped it around her. As she prepared to speak, they were both startled by a loud gurgle from her belly. The girl looked genuinely shocked as she said she was hungry. "Well, then lets go make some food? We have a full stocked kitchen, after all." He grinned as he led her to the kitchen and sat her at the small table. The man pondered over the pantry, before starting cooking. Before long, the smell of melting cheese filled the room. A while later, he set a bowl in front of Rider and one before himself. Inside was homemade macaroni and cheese with some extra cheese added. "I hope you like it. I used real cheese in yours, so I couldn't test it out. It smells good, though." He grinned, taking a bite of his own cheesy goodness.

Summer II

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

Summer II

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 12:20 pm

♪ She wants to go home ♫
♪ But nobody's home ♫
♪ Broken inside ♫

Rider was wrapped in Lyall's blazer, which she snuggled into. The girl didn't know why she was so cold... it was almost summer! Lyall led her down to the kitchen and she sat, weakly, at the table therein. The girl blinked as she watched Lyall, and soon the smell of food cooking wafted to her nose. It was a smell that she was familiar with and a small smile crept onto her lips. There was a lot of healing she needed to do, but now she could. When Lyall placed a bowl in front of her and explained that he'd used real cheese, she gave him an honest smile. "Thank you Lyall. Not just for the food... for everything." The girl tucked voraciously into the food, surprised at how fast she was eating.

♪ With no place to go ♫
♪ No place to go ♫
♪ To dry her eyes ♫
♪ Broken inside ♫

{...}

Miss GryffindorK

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 3:39 am
User ImageUser Image

Lyall sat at the table, amazed by Rider's smile, not only because it had been ages since he'd seen it, but because it was very, very beautiful. She thanked him, and he nodded, watching with amusement as she started practically inhaling the food. It must have been good? He ate a few more bites of his own meal, preparing to get up and get more food for the woman. Clearly, she needed more than he did, which is why he'd made her more than he did for himself. Luckily, it seemed he'd have a real chance to get her on the road back to health, not just physically, but mentally and emotionally as well. "Let me know if you want any more, Ri. I made plenty." He grinned, resuming his own eating before the cheese got cold.

Summer II

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

Summer II

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 9:45 am

♪ She wants to go home ♫
♪ But nobody's home ♫
♪ Broken inside ♫

Clearing her bowl, she set the spoon down and looked at Lyall. He never lost faith in her, even when she'd lost faith in herself. Claire had stopped sending her letters, Vonnie had given up on saving her... but Lyall never gave up. "Ly, doing all this..." she said, her voice sounding a little stronger, "you've given me something I can't describe. You've given me a will to fight. To be better. And I'm going to take it. I'm going to get better." She looked up at him with tears in her eyes, but a small smile overtaking her face. "I've got a lot of fight left in me. Thanks to you. I love you, Ly." She smiled confidently.

♪ With no place to go ♫
♪ No place to go ♫
♪ To dry her eyes ♫
♪ Broken inside ♫

{...}

Miss GryffindorK

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 7:52 pm
User ImageUser Image

Lyall looked up when Rider spoke, a piece of cheese stringing between his lips and the spoon. She said he'd given her something indescribable, and he blushed as she continued on. She thought all that of him? All he'd done was help her to move out! At her promise to get better, he smiled, tears on his bottom lashes. "Oh, Ri, I know you can make it through this. And... I'll help you! I'll help make you better." He moved the cheese off his face and blushed again. "And I love you too, Rider." He nodded, returning to his noodles.

Summer II

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

Summer II

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 5:20 pm

♪ This is my fight song ♫
♪ Take back my life song ♫
♪ Prove I'm alright song ♫
♪ My power's turned on ♫

It had been a couple weeks since Lyall moved Rider out of her parents' house and thus, saved her from her deep depression. In the weeks since then, she'd begun the long road to recovery. There were still bad nights where she'd have nightmares and cry, but other than that, she was recovering. She'd begun putting on weight and her strength was returning. Her happy days became more frequent and before she knew it, she was moving around the house, cleaning and cooking. Rider knew that Lyall would be coming home soon, so she was preparing dinner for them. She had music playing from her phone as she moved through the kitchen. She was preparing one of Lyall's favorite dishes, chicken parmesian. Rider knew that would make him super happy. And she owed it to him. The hell she put that boy through... she knew he deserved to be treated.

♪ Starting right now I'll be strong ♫
♪ I'll play my fight song ♫
♪ And I don't really care if nobody else believes ♫
♪ Cause I've still got a lot of fight left in me ♫

{...}

Miss GryffindorK

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2016 5:24 pm
User ImageUser Image

Lyall had had a rather long day at work, and was excited to be going home. He spent all day rather hungry, thinking himself dressed like a minty-chocolate ice cream cone. Honestly, the whole deal was rather distracting. He parked in their little lot and walked to the third little house before calmly opening the door. The young man walked in and sighed heavily, glad to be out of the hospital... and into somewhere with dinner? With the notice of the scent, he headed toward the kitchen, wondering just what Rider was preparing for the both of them.

Summer II

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

Summer II

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2016 5:54 pm
------c l α í r є------w í l s σ n------

♫ You make me smile like the sun ♪
♫ Fall out of bed, sing like a bird ♪
♫ Dizzy in my head, spin like a record ♪
♫ Crazy on a Sunday night ♪

------ғoυrтн----чєαr----нυғғlepυғғ------

Summer had finally come and Claire had been preparing for the depressing summer she was going to spend trying to bring her sister back from the brink of destruction. But having arrived in their Cork home, she'd learned that Rider had moved out and in with Lyall. Not only that, but Rider was doing better. A lot better. Claire was so happy that Rider was doing better. But she wanted to see her sister. If Rider was recovering... She wiped out her phone immediately and dialed Lyall's number, then frantically flew into her spiel. "Lyall! Hey it's Claire! I need to see my sister, especially if she's doing better! Can you pretty please apparate here and get me?!? Please please please!" She was practically bouncing with excitement, hoping that Lyall would collect her.

♫ You make me dance like a fool ♪
♫ Forget how to breathe ♪
♫ Shine like gold, buzz like a bee ♪
♫ Just the thought of you can drive me wild ♪
♫ Oh, you make me smile ♪

------σ u t----σ f----c h α r α c t є r------

{...}

Private Homes

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash