Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 3:55 pm
User Image

Yinehi's mood had taken a long time to recover from the last festival but she seemed to be perking back up again as the next approached. She was distracted but cheerful lately as she went around the area the Bird Clan was camped in, looking to gather up any especially nice feathers she could find. The bird-business around the clan made for a fairly steady supply and she was sure the Wolf Clan appreciated the help considering how many feathers they would need.

Humming to herself, she walked along by herself, pausing only to carefully pick up stray feathers she found. She'd have to sort through them all later.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 4:03 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

It was never too terribly hard to find her sister, and for this Dohi was always incredibly grateful. Her collection of feathers was always exquisite, and the alu'nadi was hoping to sneak another one for her own small collection.

"Yinehi!" Dohi called out to her sister as she walked up to her. "Always collecting feathers, always working. Where do you get all that energy for this all the time?"  

Safaia

Vice Captain

Trickster

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 4:09 pm
Yinehi was rarely surprised when her sister appeared but she today she started, apparently very focused on her task. She stopped humming and looked over at Dohi in surprise, then smiled cheerily at her.

"Hi, Dohi!" she said, beaming, "I just like to keep busy."

She shook herself off, watching a couple stray but unimpressive feathers she had picked up flutter away .. and not bothering to pick them back up. That was a few less to sort through later.

"Did you need something?"

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 4:16 pm
"I need something. I need to see you!" Dohi laughed. She paused, distracted by the escaping feathers...only to visibly shake her head and refocus on the task at hand.

"Dad is already talking about the next festival, and I don't even want to think about it yet. So I'm hiding here with you, while I can." It was so much work, and Dohi wasn't quite ready to take up all that work again. It pulled her out of being Dohi, and only being seen as the alu'nadi; her title, yes, but also an identity that she struggled with at times.  

Safaia

Vice Captain

Trickster

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 4:25 pm
She snickered at Dohi's reply about needing to see her but happily accepted that as a reasonable excuse-- especially when followed up by the reminder of the festival. Yinehi's heart skipped a beat but her smile never wavered.

"Oh, Dohi," she said, "But the festival is always fun. Maybe you should try participating this year, I bet you could make a good show in the Sky Ceremony if you tried!"

It would be funny to see how competitors reacted if an alu'nadi joined in. Especially against their own clan. She couldn't imagine being able to set aside the clan mother's status for even a tournament like the Sky Ceremony.. but that might not be universally true.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 4:39 pm
"Oh, I don't know....I'm not much of a fighter. Too much training prevented me from even doing a lot of hunting. Don't you worry that someone would just forfeit instead of fight against me?" She did. Knowing who her family was, what level of way that might have...she wished it didn't, but she wouldn't ignore it. Mainly because her father was such a hard-a**.

"Maybe you can just make me something pretty with some of these feathers, something for a hostess. Then maybe I can finally get someone to marry me, and Mother can stop hoping for more cublets running around."  

Safaia

Vice Captain

Trickster

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 4:45 pm
"I suppose defaulting to Sky Champion is less exciting than earning it," she agreed with a heavy, exaggerated sigh, "Don't do that, then."

Whether or not it was Dohi's fault, it would certainly look bad if she tried to play and everybody refused. It probably wasn't worth that risk. Most of the Ela'wadiyi were pretty easy-going but that didn't mean they couldn't be provoked..

She gave a more quiet sigh, then nearly choked on it when Dohi mentioned marriage and cubs. A sad, guilty feeling was growing in her stomach but she had to push it down, just like she had been for so long now.

"I'd love to make you something," she said, "I'm not as skilled as the Wolf Clan but I do my best. But you have to do something for me!"

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 4:53 pm
"Psh, it'll mean more to me if you made it, and not someone from Wolf," Dohi said with pride. "You have a good eye for things, I know this. I just listen to everyone," she said with a swish of her tail. "And tattoo them."

"But you know I'd do anything for you! So....what can I help you with, Yinehi?" Dohi would probably do anything for her sister; one that she trusted with many of her own griefs and worries. Things she didn't share with anyone else, especially not their parents.  

Safaia

Vice Captain

Trickster

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 4:57 pm
Yinehi beamed at her sister, though the heartbroken feeling slowly creeping up on her was close to breaking through. She would be happy to make something for her sister, she should probably have thought of that..

"Can you teach me about tattooing?" she asked, "I mean, I've gotten plenty of them but that hardly makes me an expert. Not that I want to be an expert, I'm just.. curious, you know?"

Keeping busy was her thing, after all.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 5:04 pm
"Of course~! I would be happy to teach you. It takes a long of practice but once you get the hang of it, it isn't that hard. Its just getting used to sitting still for a while, and wrestling restless little ones, or ticklish teens, or even whiny adults..." She rambled on a bit about tattooing, mainly in how tricky and rewarding it was. It took Dohi a couple minutes to realize that she was rambling so poorly before gasping.

"Oh! Sorry to just go off like that. We can certainly start that, whenever you have the time. The sooner the better, probably, with the festival coming up and all."  

Safaia

Vice Captain

Trickster

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 5:10 pm
She listened happily as Dohi went on a short ramble about the highs and lows of being responsible for tattooing, then chuckled when she cut herself short.

"No no," Yinehi said, "I'd like to hear all about it, or I wouldn't have asked. I'd love to watch the next time you're tattooing, or we can fill in some of the empty space on me."

If the lesson itself wasn't worthy of a tattoo, bonding with her sister surely would be. Maybe she and Dohi could make matching tattoos on each other! At least if Yinehi messed up, Dohi's dark fur would hide it pretty well.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 5:14 pm
"I'll make sure you're there," Dohi promised. "And then we will start with the basics." The dark lioness was certain that her sister would be a fast learner.

"But first, do you want to find something to eat? I can help you gather up a few more feathers if you wish, but I'd love to start explaining some of the process with you over a meal."  

Safaia

Vice Captain

Trickster

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 5:15 pm
Yinehi nodded enthusiastically.

"Sure!" she said, "Let's go!"

[IC] Ela'wadiyi Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff