Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 4:43 pm
User Image

The very air smelled different than it had where she'd spoken to the blue lion. Far dryer, with a gritty undertone that stung her nostrils. But Erle didn't find it unpleasant. Far from it, this was very like the smell of home. Not quite the same, but close enough for the lioness to know she was getting close.

However, she had a ways to go yet - the Firekin wouldn't allow any other prides to set up too close - and it would be best to hydrate before she ventured into the desert. Unfortunately, there didn't seem to be much water lying around.

A slight shimmer in her vision was either heat haze or water. But would a mirage show her crocodiles? Curious and a bit thirsty, the yellow lioness moved to investigate.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 4:50 pm
User Image

Kuhasa was standing a few feet from the water's edge, apparently engaged in a staring contest with one of the crocodile occupants. He looked serious, grim even.. and the croc lazily opened and closed its mouth to show off its sharp, deadly teeth.

After several moments, the lion finally looked away with a roll of his eyes and a huff-- and when he moved his head, he caught sight of the approaching golden lioness. She was all-around unfamiliar but that didn't mean much to the relatively new Inselelo. So he didn't pay her any special attention yet and looked back at the water.  

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 4:55 pm
There was, in fact, a crocodile. In the water. And a lion watching it. Odd, but who was she to judge how a person wanted to end their life? And yet, the lion did not have his head removed by the reptile's teeth in the end.

"I thought crocodiles usually ate lions," Erle commented as she came near. The lion in question was a ghostly white male. If not for the brown in his mane and tail, she would've been certain of his acceptance back home. Because of it, she'd be a bit leery, but who knew? After all, the female herself was a now-former Huria, so perhaps the Motoujamii might be more forgiving of this stranger.

If he actually went. Most of the prides Erle had seen on her journeys had been quite peaceful, especially in comparison to the Firekin. And those which had invited her to stay had seemed shocked when she asked whom she'd need to fight for that right.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 5:01 pm
"Nah, not usually," he answered, turning to her curiously. The comment alone was enough to rouse suspicion in the lion.. the crocodiles were pretty well accepted around the pride, as was his conflicting reputation with regards to the scaly critters. Kuhasa looked her up and down, noting that she seemed brighter than would be typical around here.. but he couldn't rule out the color entirely, either.

"Of course, these are desperate times," he said, looking back to the water, "This one doesn't seem keen on sharing today."

Not with a pride full of lions, anyway.  

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 5:06 pm
"Desperate?" the lioness repeated, red eyes narrowing. That was not what she, as a traveller, wanted to hear. Yet if there was a pride around, she couldn't tell. The border wasn't well-protected and this was the only lion she'd encountered.

Unless, of course, he'd made some sort of deal with the crocs. That could be a problem.

"What kind of desperate times?" Erle asked.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 5:13 pm
This time, Kuhasa turned fully towards the lioness. She was definitely a rogue, then.. and this was his first time meeting one as Inselelo and he had absolutely no idea how to handle it. She didn't yet seem like she would be causing any trouble, she hardly seemed to know where exactly she was. They weren't far into the pride's land but the drought was still evident everywhere you looked.. but maybe not to someone unfamiliar.

"You're not from around here," he observed, suddenly seeming more serious. A lioness was certainly more welcome than another male but they were hardly in a good position to welcome newcomers.. or freely share their resourced.  

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 5:16 pm
Hmmm. He seemed to be turning suspicious. Possibly protective? She wasn't entirely certain. Regardless, she was confident of her ability to defend herself at need, but Erle saw no reason to advertise that fact.

"I was," she replied. "A long time ago. But I was born in the deep desert, not in these scrublands," the lioness elaborated. She supposed now was as good a time as any to state her intentions fully.

"I merely hoped for a drink before I continue on into the desert," she explained.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 5:24 pm
Again, his demeanor changed at the mention of the desert. It sounded like she was implying she was a Firekin- a former Firekin returning home, by the sounds of it.. but she didn't look anything like the image of a desert lioness he had in his mind.

If she really was from the Firekin, did that make trespassing OK? They were allied neighbours, after all. Too bad that bright red Firekin Ambassador wasn't around now.. or Tawa. The other Inselelo would definitely be better suited to handle a supposed ex-Firekin.

"You don't look much like the Firekin," he said finally, unsure what else to say.  

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 5:29 pm
Erle's eyes narrowed again. Damnit, this was the reason why she was nervous about going home. Really, it was only her family that she knew would be happy to see her. As for the rest of the pride...this was what she expected to hear.

"Oh I don't, do I? Would you like me to demonstrate?" the lioness offered, an unmistakable threat in her voice. After all, Huria were trained alongside their proper-furred brothers and sisters. Especially because they were going to be cast out into the world, without the pride's support.

Good Firekin parents expected their Huria offspring to survive, damnit!  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 5:40 pm
He narrowed his eyes, though still looking somewhat skeptical of the situation.

"You definitely sound like one," he said, after another pause. He hadn't done much moving so it probably wasn't apparent to her that he wasn't exactly in peak fighting condition.. but if what she said was true, and after the sensitive outburst, the least troublesome solution was to just let her carry on.

"You're in the Ithambo'hlabathi lands and the Motoujamii are an ally," he explained, "The lands are currently suffering from a severe drought but you're welcome to share. This croc doesn't seem too eager for a fight so it should be fine."

He looked back to see the crocodile still in plain sight, close enough to overhear and looking decidedly interested-- possibly waiting to see if there would be a fight. As the chance of that began to shrink, he looked almost disappointed.

"I can take you to the Firekin Outpost," he added, looking back to Erle, "Or I can take you to Su, the Firekin Ambassador in the pride."

A pause.

"My name is Kuhasa."  

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 5:44 pm
Well, Erle hoped she would sound like what she was born. Which didn't make a lot of sense, but whatever. The name Ithambo'hlabathi sounded vaguely familiar, but not enough to really help. The fact that the Motoujamii had an outpost here was surprising and useful though.

"Either would be fine," the yellow lioness replied. "I'm Erle."

Keeping an eye on Kuhasa, she knelt for a quick drink from the river. After all, that was the reason she'd come.

"All right Kuhasa, let's go talk to a Firekin." And then...to home.  
[IC] Ithambo'hlabathi Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games