Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply [IC] Ithambo'hlabathi Lands
[PRP] An unexpected circumstance (Laini x Kuma)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Tanakako

Allied Recalibrator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 1:16 pm
User Image

Laini had left his daughter and granddaughters earlier that day. He had spent several hours with them and knew he had been pushing his luck. If he stayed soo long the chance that one of the Abaholi or Inselelo found him things would get ugly fast. He would have to le them drive himoff or fight for a position he didn't want. He only wished to visit his daughter and his mother, if he could find the chirpy huntress. Naja could be gone for days when she was working and was always a difficult one to track down. Finding his daughter had two daughters of her own had been a huge shock, but now he felt so very pruod he thought he might burst.

However, the oride was in a dire situation and Kala, and her two cubs, were on the verge of starving. So Laini had left them and come out to the very edge of the pridelands's furthest boarder in order to try and find something for his family to eat. Lifting his head he sniffed deeply, seeking any sign that there was something edible out here.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 1:58 pm
User Image

Kuma was back out hunting again. This time she came out towards an edge of the pride that she had not visited before. She hoped that perhaps she would have more luck out this way. But she knew that in truth that the chances of her finding anything out this way were pretty slim. Though she had to admit it didn't like many other pride members came out this way so perhaps there would be something out there.

Of course there was no way that she was going to be able to sneak up and catch any pray if her stomach didn't start growling. Seriously it sounded like there was an animal living in their. Kuma cringed this wasn't good, but she knew really she was much better off than many of the other pride members. She had been born to a sick mother, with sick siblings, she had always been smaller than the average lioness in the pride and required less food to get by. Not to mention despite the drought in the pride there had a been a small boom of cubs, they needed food more than she did.

Tanakako

nessiaing

Tanakako

Allied Recalibrator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 3:09 pm
Laini was so focused on hunting that he didn't immediately notice the scent of a lion growing closer. But long before she came into view the large male had turned his attention in the direction of her scent. He wasn't concerned about a lone lioness attacking him, and being the gentleman that he was he would offer her aid if she required it. Yet half of his mind was still focused on his daughter's situation, so when the gilden female came into eyesight he didn't immediately pay her his full attention.

However as she drew closer he did finally take a long look, admiring her golden fur, even if it was somewhat dusty, just like his own was. It was impossible to avoid the dust in this dry and parcptched landscape.

"Evening miss." He greeted once she was close enough.

nessiaing

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 3:48 pm
Kuma was a little surprised by the greeting she honestly hadn't been paying as close of attention as she had. She was hunting but paying no attention to things around her, how did she have any hope of catching something. Thankfully she was surprised by a friendly lion opposed to something that might actually do her home.

"Oh hello." she said a giggle escaping her lips. Kuma wasn't normally an overly giggly lioness but the hunger was starting to get to her or at least thats what she decided to tell herself.

"I do hope I am not disturbing you." she told him with a polite bow of her head. Kuma had had little interaction with males, having always just stuck around the females in the pride.

Tanakako

nessiaing

Tanakako

Allied Recalibrator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 4:36 pm
Laini flicked an ear as she giggled, smiling in return as she greeted him. "Not at all. I'm trying to locate something to eat but it seemed difficult even all the way out here... "He looked at her again. Her bright golden coat didn't look familiar, but then he hadn't been back to the pride since he left so long ago, his viists always took place away from the main group as he sought out his daughters and his mother when they were away from the rest of the Ithambo members. A nessassary restriction when even a glimpse of him would send the ruling Abaholi into fits, bespite his innocent intentions.

"Are you trying to hunt also?" He guessed, wondering if she was his daughter's pridesister. For all he knew they could be related if she was, there were still plenty of Matifu-blooded lionesses back home...  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 4:50 pm
Kuma smiled the lion was very pleasant. "Yes I am trying to hunt, but you are right there isn't much in terms of hunting around here." she let out a great sigh and she plopped her bottom on the ground. She was tired and really just wanted a meal.

"You aren't from around here are you?" she asked. There wasn't a lot of males in the pride and even though she avoided most of them she did at least know them by site and she didn't recognize this male. Though she had to admit that he had the right colouring to be a member of Ithambo. Despite her seated position she found herself shuffling her feet around due to her nerves.  

nessiaing

Tanakako

Allied Recalibrator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 5:19 pm
Seeing that she was settling in for a visit, he took a seat also. His large frame dwafing hers even though he was careful not to get too close. Her question caught him by surprise though he figured it shouldn't have. Truthfully it was a little awkward to be caught even this close to the Ithambo, he only hoped she didn't go back and tell one of the resident males of his loitering.

"Originally I was. I was born near here. But I'm only visiting for a brief time. I live smoe distance away in another pride now..." He smiled in a friendly manner at her, she seeemd nice enough and maybe she would have some news in the rest of his home, if she were a local.

"How about yourself?"  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 6:08 pm
The peach coloured lioness relaxed a little as the male took a seat. She thought that perhaps he was a little uncomfortable but perhaps she was just projecting that. "I am member of the pride, but I wont tell anyone you are here." she told him guessing that was what he was uneasy about. Males being close to the pride was something the male members would likely be angry about, personally Kuma didn't care.

"I have been here since birth." she told him she knew nothing of outside the pride. "I don't know if you have been gone for long but I am afraid you aren't likely to find much game around here these days. There has been a drought and its been a long time, most of the prey has moved on." she told him with a sad voice. "Perhaps if we hunt together though we might have more luck?" she offered. She had never hunted with another but she thought it would double their odds if they tried together.  

nessiaing

Tanakako

Allied Recalibrator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 6:14 pm
Laini smiled to try and put her at her ease, as she seemed a little nervous of him. He didn't blame her, very few of the Ithambo lionesses ever saw a male that was not part of the pride, and when they did, the lion were typically marauding males out for trouble.

"Me daughter told me it's been bad here... that is why I came actually. I wanted to see if my family was doing ok." As she offered to hunt together he nodded and stood back up. "Sounds like a good idea." He agreed easily. He could share anything they found and then after she returned to the oride, he would keep looking after dropping off his half with Kala and her daughters.

"I've already been through that way.." He indicated off to the side, parallel to the Boneland boarder. "We can continue up this way, see if we can find anything..." Smiling politely he waited for her to join him."  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 7:54 pm
Kuma smiled pleased, perhaps she had made her first male friend and he just so happened to be someone who wasn't even in her pride. She found him kind though and not threatening in anyway. "Sounds like a plan." she said happily raising to her feet to follow him. She hoped dearly that they would find some prey to split. She would be happy to have something in her belly and it would be even better if she had enough to bring back to the pride and share with others, she knew that she wasn't the only hungry one.

Falling into line beside the male Kuma began searching for the tell tale signs of another living creature anything they could kill and eat. At this point she would settle for just about anything.  

nessiaing

[IC] Ithambo'hlabathi Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff