Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 7:31 pm
User Image

Erle had quickly grown impatient with Kuahasa's limp. Also his inability to know for certain where the Motoujamii Ambassador was. So the lioness had suggested that he show her where the Outpost was, and she would go herself. The path northward was narrow - very good defensively - and the yellow-pelted lioness couldn't help feeling nervous as she traversed the ravine. What if the Seer's vision had been wrong, and she was still just a Huria to her family?

She was nearing the end of the path, and her red eyes flickered around, waiting for the guard who had to be nearby to challenge her.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 7:52 pm
User Image Though she was a soldier, Aurinko found herself, now and then, stationed at the outpost in the neighboring Ithambo lands. She almost felt sorry for the pride, caught in a drought. It reminded her of how one had extended for seemingly ever before, causing some lions to be late bloomers. But then she thought of the fact that she was a lion of the desert, she was used to dry conditions. Yes, it rained now and then, but it was still, in essence, a desert.

Her stationing had at least one benefit, besides being near a watering hole, and that was seeing lions potentially return from their Huria exile. As the case was today, she spied a familiar golden pelt approaching. "Erle!" She practically shot to her paws, grin spreading across her face. For as big as the pride was, it wasn't hard to remember who was who... Unless they were nigh-identical twins. Having a twin of similar coat patterning but different colors, or of the same pattern AND colors but the opposite gender, really helped remember a face. That said, she couldn't keep Ea and Fia straight as to which was which.

Andranis

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 7:59 pm
Of all the things Erle was expecting, being greeted by name by a vaguely familiar lioness was not one of them. The black female was older than she, but had the same typical Firekin build that Erle did. Still, the yellow lioness was gratified to have such a positive first impression on the fires Motoujamii member she'd seen in years.

"Um...hello?" the younger female offere tentatively. She had absolutely no idea what the other lioness' name was, and didn't want to seem rude, considering that the black female clearly knew who she was.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 8:23 pm
Approaching with her joy evident, Aurinko grinned at the lioness. "It's great to see another former Huria coming back! So far it was only Psyche, before." She paused, noting the hesitation. "I don't imagine it'd be easy to remember me, in a sea of lions. I'm Aurinko, one of the soldiers!" There wasn't TOO much distinct about her. If one tried to tell a lion in the pride to name just one black lion or lioness with red stripes, they'd probably come up with easily five names!  

Andranis

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 8:40 pm
"So...it's true then?" the lioness asked, the words spilling out before she even had a chance to think about it. So...the Seer had Seen truly! She couldn't really doubt his power in that case, for how else could he have known that Erle was now being considered a "former Huria", as the Soldier had put it.

She considered, instead, the name Psyche. There had been another Huria about her age, from a different (immediate) family, whose pelt had been more sandy than her own sunshine yellow. Was that who Aurinko meant?  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 8:49 pm
Aurinko nodded, still smiling. "When Kidondo and No stepped down and the new Regents were announced, it was decided that the coat color and naming restrictions would be expanded a bit. Now bright oranges and golds are acceptable!" Which seemed odd to her, given the number of orange and red-orange lions that were already in the pride. But who was she to question that much? "Names can now also be ones that convey power, strength, might!" It pleased her, it meant that when she finally had cubs... They wouldn't have to worry about another Shula popping up NEARLY as much.  

Andranis

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 8:54 pm
Erle listened, wide-eyed, to all the news from home. Despite how long she'd been away, it was still the only home she'd ever known. The lioness had never stayed anywhere long enough to even begin to consider another location in that light.

"I think my father would be pleased, I'm told he was happy to pick names for me and Tifu, though I don't think either of ours are quite in line with what the pride would prefer," the yellow female admitted after some reflection.

Still, this was very exciting! She could go home, hold a real rank, and have no fear that any children with her coloring would be condemned to leave!  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 9:07 pm
The dark lioness nodded as the gold spoke. When she mentioned her name, her smile that had momentarily shrank grew in size again. "Psyche hasn't changed her name, and I don't think it fits the old OR new naming rules. You should be fine!" She then gave a rock a pat. "But before you go, why don't you rest? Did you settle anywhere after you left, at all? Because I'm not sure you have, from the looks of it." By Aurinko's observation, Erle looked tired. Tired of travel, tired of being away from her family, just plain tired.  

Andranis

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 9:11 pm
"No, home is still back there," Erle answered with a smile, nodding towards the desert. It was so very true. She was relieved that there would be no pressure to change her name, but hadn't truly expected it, not with her rogue-born father.

"I'd only stopped here to get a drink before going into the desert. I hadn't realized there was an Outpost here...or that there's been a drought," the yellow lioness' voice dropped with the seriousness.

"But a rest sounds good, and I can leave when the sun goes down," Erle continued. No one sane wanted to traverse the desert in the daytime given the choice.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 9:15 pm
"Home is always where your heart is, no matter how far you wander. And your heart is in the desert." Walking back to where her spot was, Aurinko flopped down. Surely one of the others at the post would be back soon, just as elated to see one of their wandering numbers return. In the distance, she heard the rumble of thunder, the promise or rain on the horizon.  

Andranis

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 9:17 pm
"Yes," Erle agreed as she found herself a comfortable spot to catch a bit of rest herself. Her home, her heart, was in the deep desert, along with almost all the people she knew and loved.

"Yes it is," the lioness whispered as her eyelids drifted shut.  
[IC] Ithambo'hlabathi Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games