Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Seventh Year Classes
Charms VII ~ *Lesson 1/5* Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2016 1:46 pm
CHARMS VII
Professor Elsbeth Shoichet

User Image

Wednesday 1:00 PM - 1:45 PM
((This class updates on Saturdays in real time; students posted on or after Tuesday of that week will be considered late to class.))

SUPPLIES

- Your wand

- A quill and plenty of parchment and/or notebooks

- Your textbook

CLASS RULES

- Be on time; detentions will be given if you are consistently late.

- Come prepared; if you don't have what you need, you will not participate at all. It's as simple as that.

- Wands should be out and laid on your desks; do not attempt any charm until you are given the go-ahead to do so.

- Remain in your seats, and keep your hands and feet to yourselves. When magic is involved, showing some self-restraint and being aware of your surroundings is crucial.

- Raise your hand; no one can learn if everyone is talking over each other. There is a time and a place for idle chatter, and it's not when your professor or one of your peers is addressing the class.

- Do no harm. Unless specifically instructed to by the professor, no charms or spells of any sort should be directed at another person. If you attempt to injure someone else in this class, you will be removed from the class.

- Bullying, mocking, and/or ostracizing other students is not permitted in this room. Keep your personal disagreements out of this class; this is a learning environment, not somewhere for you to air your feuds. Anyone found to be bullying another student will face very harsh consequences for their actions.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2016 12:54 pm
Listen to me, please sit down and stay-
I'm gonna build a house and hide away!
Gather timber from the ground...
I'll build a castle that won't fall down.
And when I'm done the clock will stop and from,
Our heads will come bright flowers.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
E L S B E T H
L Y N W E N
S H O I C H E T

BLOOD TRAITORFORMER HUFFLEPUFFCHARMS PROFESSOR

Elsie was almost glad she was teaching the seventh years in the middle of the week; she wouldn't have wanted to have them on a Monday, or on a Friday. But they'd all signed up to be here, so she wasn't really anticipating many problems. She stood up with a small sigh as the one o'clock bell began to ring, and checked the board; in one corner the class rules were neatly outlined; in another the homework assignment, in yet another the supply list, and in the final corner, a doodle that looked like it had been scrawled by a student and smudged over, as the students began to enter the room. When the small class was seated, she addressed them. "Good afternoon everyone, and welcome back to Hogwarts for the final time. I'm Professor Shoichet, and as the new Charms professor I'm afraid there's really not that much left for me to teach you- except to prepare you properly for your NEWT this year. As there is no seventh year curriculum, this year will be devoted to review of prior material and practice for the exam." She stood up, walking around from behind the desk, a piece of parchment in hand. "I have the names of everyone who should be in attendance here, but I need to know who is who, so if everyone could give their names and houses as we go around the room..."

OOC:
Cara MiaKitty

Yukina 101

Jade Galaksylph

Diamond Wales

Red Hot Missy

Summer II

RedEagleEye007

mc2

I don't know, I can't contain my heartbeat-
I am dancing, shrouded by green trees!
I am whirling, wearing my sun feet;
And humming children to sleep.
I love to watch the light you spread to the room...
See how it dances from you to me to you.

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2016 2:57 pm
So this ain't the end, I saw you again, today;
I had to turn my heart away.
Smiled like the sun, kisses for everyone-
And tales, it never fails...
You lyin' so low in the weeds;
I bet you gonna ambush me!
You'd have me down, down, down on my knees-
Now wouldn't you, Barracuda?

A S T E R I A
C E C I L Y
F R E Y

seventh year prefectmuggleborngryffindor beater

Aster figured she'd probably manage an EE on the Charms NEWT, just like she'd gotten on the OWL, so she wasn't too worried. However, being a prefect and a seventh year, she knew she couldn't really get away with foregoing classes just because they would be review, and a Wednesday afternoon Charms lesson really wasn't all that bad. So she didn't hold much of a grudge about sitting there, despite the fact that she was going to have to bother with an introduction just because the professor was new. "Aster Frey, Gryffindor."

OOC:
Username

Back over time we were all tryin' for free-
You met the porpoise and me; no right, no wrong;
You're selling a song, a name, whisper game...
If the real thing don't do the trick-
You better make up something quick!
You gonna burn, burn, burn, burn, burn to the wick...
Ohhhh, Barracuda, oh yeah.
You, I think you got the blues too.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2016 8:43 pm

E L S B E T H
L Y N W E N
S H O I C H E T

Elsie was seated rather casually at her desk when the seventh years entered. "Since you're all adults, I'm going to treat you as such," she began while she marked off who was in attendance and who was not. "This class will be entirely review, and I cannot force you to review anything you don't want to. My current plan is to devote our remaining class time to reviewing the charms of third year onward. If you weren't proficient with first and second year charms you wouldn't have made it to this level of the class. I have materials all up here for you to come and take and practice on as you like- dolls and dummies for the cheering charm, household items for carpe retractum, a bunch of toys to change the color of, and plenty of candles to light and then extinguish with glacius. Take whatever you want at your leisure. Any questions or concerns, let me know." There was no point in her hovering over them like a mother hen; if they needed her help, they would ask. And she had plenty of papers to grade in the mean time.

OOC:
Cara MiaKitty

Yukina 101

Jade Galaksylph

Diamond Wales

Red Hot Missy

Summer II

RedEagleEye007

mc2

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 6:21 pm

E L S B E T H
L Y N W E N
S H O I C H E T

Elsie kept with the same routine as the class prior, staying seated at her desk while she marked attendance. "I have materials all up here for you to come and take and practice on as you like- items to summon and banish, and shrink and enlarge. Take whatever you want at your leisure. Any questions or concerns, let me know." There was no point in her hovering over them like a mother hen; if they needed her help, they would ask. And she had plenty of papers to grade in the mean time. She did keep a slightly warier eye on the students, given the fact that she didn't want any engorgio charms going awry and leaving her with a massive teapot to take care of.

OOC:
Cara MiaKitty

Yukina 101

Jade Galaksylph

Diamond Wales

Red Hot Missy

Summer II

RedEagleEye007

mc2

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 10:26 am

E L S B E T H
L Y N W E N
S H O I C H E T

Elsie was almost glad she was teaching the seventh years in the middle of the week; she wouldn't have wanted to have them on a Monday, or on a Friday. But they'd all signed up to be here, so she wasn't really anticipating many problems. She stood up with a small sigh as the one o'clock bell began to ring, and checked the board; in one corner the class rules were neatly outlined; in another the homework assignment, in yet another the supply list, and in the final corner, a doodle that looked like it had been scrawled by a student and smudged over, as the students began to enter the room. When the small class was seated, she addressed them. "Good afternoon everyone, and welcome back to Hogwarts for the final time. I'm afraid there's really not that much left for me to teach you- except to prepare you properly for your NEWT this year. As there is no seventh year curriculum, this year will be devoted to review of prior material and practice for the exam." She stood up, walking around from behind the desk, a piece of parchment in hand. "Now is the perfect time for any questions or concerns about the NEWT, especially if you are unfamiliar with how it differs from the OWL."

OOC:
Miss GryffindorK

murruelecreuset

Graydon Ironshield

Essy ze Ninja

The Shiny Furret

Diamond Wales

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 9:06 am
User Image
Siobhan'Hannah'Grey
Hufflepuff PrefectSeventh YearSeventeen Years OldSingle

As Hannah sat down for her Charms class, she kinda grateful all they'd be doing was getting ready for NEWTs, as opposed to learning new material and working toward OWLs as they had in her Fifth Year. Still, and all, she was also nervous about what was to come. She raised her hand, and said quietly, "Um, I have questions, Professor Shoichet. Is there a written and a practical exam, or is it all practical? Also, my cousin told she took her Charms NEWT wandless; is that required, or are we allowed to take the exam with wands only? I don't really feel comfortable trying to cast without one."

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

OOC:
Username

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 10:51 pm
User Image

Dating Alethea Butler
User Image
User Image
                                                        Location : Charms Class - Wednesday @ 1:00pm

Emma walked into Charms knowing all she had to do now was prepare for her NEWTs. It wasn’t overly hard to prepare for it. So seating in class next to Hannah she listened to Professor Whitethorne. She didn’t have any questions about it. The whole thing seemed simple. If there was anything she could think to ask it would be the question Hannah had. So, she waited for a reply to that as she sat there with her notebook open. Emma sure would miss the class. Charms had been fun while it lasted.

With: Class... Hannah

Wearing: Hufflepuff Uniform

OOC: ---

Somewhere you'll fit in huh?
                                                        A loyal friend like you?
                                                        I think you'll have no trouble fitting in here!
                                                        Hufflepuff!

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 12:36 pm

E L S B E T H
L Y N W E N
S H O I C H E T

Elsie was seated rather casually at her desk when the seventh years entered. "Since you're all adults, I'm going to treat you as such," she began while she marked off who was in attendance and who was not. "This class will be entirely review, and I cannot force you to review anything you don't want to. My current plan is to devote our remaining class time to reviewing the charms of third year onward. If you weren't proficient with first and second year charms you wouldn't have made it to this level of the class. To answer your question from last class, Hannah, the exam will be entirely practical, with no written portion. You will have your wand on you for the entirety of the exam, and I would not recommend attempting it wandless, unless you are completely confident in your wandless magic skills. I have materials all up here for you to come and take and practice on as you like- dolls and dummies for the cheering charm, household items for carpe retractum, a bunch of toys to change the color of, and plenty of candles to light and then extinguish with glacius. Take whatever you want at your leisure. Any questions or concerns, let me know." There was no point in her hovering over them like a mother hen; if they needed her help, they would ask. And she had plenty of papers to grade in the mean time.

OOC:
Miss GryffindorK

murruelecreuset

Graydon Ironshield

Essy ze Ninja

The Shiny Furret

Diamond Wales

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 8:05 am

E L S B E T H
L Y N W E N
S H O I C H E T

Elsie kept with the same routine as the class prior, staying seated at her desk while she marked attendance. "I have materials all up here for you to come and take and practice on as you like- items to summon and banish, and shrink and enlarge. Take whatever you want at your leisure. Any questions or concerns, let me know." There was no point in her hovering over them like a mother hen; if they needed her help, they would ask. And she had plenty of papers to grade in the mean time. She did keep a slightly warier eye on the students, given the fact that she didn't want any engorgio charms going awry and leaving her with a massive teapot to take care of.

OOC:
Miss GryffindorK

murruelecreuset

Graydon Ironshield

Essy ze Ninja

The Shiny Furret

Diamond Wales

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 11:25 am

E L S B E T H
L Y N W E N
S H O I C H E T

Elsie was almost glad she was teaching the seventh years in the middle of the week; she wouldn't have wanted to have them on a Monday, or on a Friday. But they'd all signed up to be here, so she wasn't really anticipating many problems. She stood up with a small sigh as the one o'clock bell began to ring, and checked the board; in one corner the class rules were neatly outlined; in another the homework assignment, in yet another the supply list, and in the final corner, a doodle that looked like it had been scrawled by a student and smudged over, as the students began to enter the room. When the small class was seated, she addressed them. "Good afternoon everyone, and welcome back to Hogwarts for the final time. I'm afraid there's really not that much left for me to teach you- except to prepare you properly for your NEWT this year. As there is no seventh year curriculum, this year will be devoted to review of prior material and practice for the exam." She stood up, walking around from behind the desk, a piece of parchment in hand. "Now is the perfect time for any questions or concerns about the NEWT, especially if you are unfamiliar with how it differs from the OWL."

OOC:
Yukina101

Jade Galaksylph

Cara MiaKitty

Summer II

The Shiny Furret

Diamond Wales

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 2:41 pm
Build me up from bones;
Wrap me up in skin.
Hold me close enough to breathe me in...
The moon’s a fingernail,
Scratching on the back-
Of the night in which we lay beside.

User Image
E L S B E T H
L Y N W E N
S H O I C H E T

Elsie was seated rather casually at her desk when the seventh years entered. "Since you're all adults, I'm going to treat you as such," she began while she marked off who was in attendance and who was not. "This class will be entirely review, and I cannot force you to review anything you don't want to. My current plan is to devote our remaining class time to reviewing the charms of third year onward. If you weren't proficient with first and second year charms you wouldn't have made it to this level of the class. I have materials all up here for you to come and take and practice on as you like- dolls and dummies for the cheering charm, household items for carpe retractum, a bunch of toys to change the color of, and plenty of candles to light and then extinguish with glacius. Take whatever you want at your leisure. Any questions or concerns, let me know." There was no point in her hovering over them like a mother hen; if they needed her help, they would ask. And she had plenty of papers to grade in the mean time.

OOC:
Cara MiaKitty

Yukina 101

Jade Galaksylph

Diamond Wales

Summer II

The Shiny Furret

I held every inch of you...
I wrote every line for you...
I made time when time was all but gone.
You’re the love I’ve always known-
The night’s so dark and grey;
But you’ve helped me find my way.

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 12:41 pm
Build me up from bones;
Wrap me up in skin.
The moon’s a fingernail,
Scratching on the back-

User Image
E L S B E T H
L Y N W E N
S H O I C H E T

OOC:
Cara MiaKitty

Yukina 101

Jade Galaksylph

Diamond Wales

Summer II

The Shiny Furret

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 11:47 am
Build me up from bones;
Wrap me up in skin.
The moon’s a fingernail,
Scratching on the back-

E L S B E T H
L Y N W E N
S H O I C H E T

OOC:
Yukina101

Graydon Ironshield

Cara MiaKitty

The Shiny Furret

Diamond Wales

Red Hot Missy

Essy ze Ninja

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 4:40 pm
User Image
Fianna Grey
Gryffindor Seventh Year Seventeen Years OldSingle

Charms was always one of those classes which Fianna always enjoyed and did well in, while she wasn't quite as gifted with them as her older sister was, Fianna felt confident when she cast them. When the class started, the subject of NEWTs came up, which was hardly a shock since the whole class would be devoted to preparation for those exams. When the professor opened the floor to questions, Fianna found she couldn't think of anything immediately, and hoped one of her classmates would come up with something to break the silence.

OOC:
Username

User Image
                  Turn your magic on, to me she'd say
                  "Everything you wants a dream away
                  We are legends, every day"
                  That's what she told me

Turn your magic on, to me she'd say
                  "Everything you wants a dream away
                  Under this pressure, under this weight
                  We are diamonds"

Seventh Year Classes