Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2016 4:35 pm
User Image

Kimondo was doing her very best to lead a normal life now that everything had calmed down.. but with so many things left hanging, it was nearly impossible. Especially since she considered Liuhe and Yueyun to be friends.. and after the part she had played. Her best distraction was her sister and her cubs, but they were growing so fast and it only emphasized how long they were stalling.

She was in a quiet place, far from the more active areas of the pride. She didn't know why she was being called but she had a few guesses and they all made her nervous.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2016 4:58 pm
User Image

Lailah moved at a leisurely pace, ostensibly taking a breath of fresh air and spending some time away from her den. The Shaman had been holed up for almost half a year at this point, trying to determine who would be the next monarch of the pride. She'd spoken to a number of lions (and pointedly avoided a few others), observed a lot, and spoken little. Some days only her family and apprentices would see her, others not even those few were welcome.

But today she intended to speak to yet another lioness, hopefully without anyone else knowing. The younger female looked to be at the meeting place already, and Lailah picked up her pace slightly.

"I hope you haven't been waiting long?" the white lioness asked as she came near.  

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2016 5:11 pm
Kimondo was pacing quietly as she waited for Lailah to arrive, thinking over everything. She wondered if it was time to push for Liuhe to reconsider, he had been Regent for a while and he wasn't doing so bad a job.. and she would gladly support him if necessary. Or maybe her involvement in this was supposed to give her some insight, but if it did, she didn't know what that might be yet. The shaman could hardly be seeking a pleasant little visit with a distant relative, they hardly knew each other.

She caught sight of Lailah as she approached, turning to greet her with a smile.

"Not at all," she said, "It's good to see you."

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2016 5:14 pm
"And I you," the older lioness replied with an answering smile of her own. It was easy to see that the two of them were kin - though Lailah was perfectly happy to call Kimondo a cousin and let the Matchmakers deal with the details of bloodlines and descent. She wondered if anyone would speak of favoritism. At the very least, it wouldn't be nearly as bad as if she'd more seriously considered Neema.

"Tell me, what do you think of our potential Kings and Queens?" the Shaman asked, suddenly tired of beating around the bush. She had wrestled with this decision for moons and now she wanted it to be over and done with.  

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2016 5:27 pm
An expected question with no obvious answer. Kimondo hesitated a moment to think about it and then went with the only answers she could think of, though she knew neither was a popular consideration for the Shaman or the situation may have been resolved already.

"Liuhe would be a stronger ruler than he thinks, and he's the best candidate for those with traditionalist leanings. I don't know that any of his siblings except for Yueyun would be a good idea," she offered cautiously, "I don't believe Neema is trying to be serious but rather keep people talking... but I do think she would do better than some expect."

She smiled, already guessing Lailah wouldn't consider Neema and that Liuhe was set on his path from here. Her answer was honest, but unhelpful.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2016 5:32 pm
Good, reasoned responses, Lailah concluded as she listened. Then again, it wasn't as if the vacant throne wasn't a topic that everyone in the pride had given thought to ever since Shangyue's death. Add that to Lailah's position as Shaman and she was certain a smart lioness like Kidondo had expected the subject to come up.

"I see. Well, as we all know, there is no clear best choice for the throne," the lioness replied. "And, technically, as my sister has made known, any lion in the high class is eligible."

The Shaman glanced at the Huntress. "You're eligible."

She left it at that for the moment, waiting to see how the younger female responded.  

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2016 7:36 pm
There was something in Lailah's tone of voice that gave away where this was headed. Or maybe it was a sudden realization of the obvious facts before her, about her. She was a lioness in the high class, one of two that were (great) grandchildren of a queen. And her sister had managed to stay away from the center of the conflict, and had managed to move on in her own personal life already.

Kimondo stared at the shaman in silence for a moment that seemed to stretch through eternity as she tried to catch her thoughts back up to reality.

"I- I suppose I am," she agreed, some hesitation and an unspoken question in her voice.. but no argument.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2016 8:28 pm
"Not only that," the Shaman continued, pleased, "but I'm told you also contributed to the internal rebellion against Shangyue in a leadership position." True, Kimondo hadn't led the entire rebellion within the pride, but she had certainly done more than most and helped others to find their place opposing the last King. Involved enough to look good to the rest of the pride, but not so involved that it would hinder her.

"Sounds like good experience for being the Queen to me," Lailah concluded, gold eyes watching the younger lioness closely.  

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2016 10:00 pm
It was quickly becoming apparent that she wasn't misunderstanding the conversation and knew exactly what's Lailah was getting at before she said it. Kimondo stared, hoping she didn't look utterly foolish, and tried to figure out how she felt about what was happening. Her heart and mind were racing. It'd have been a lie to say she had never considered it, but no more seriously than the thought of being a Lady.

As for her role in the rebellion.. she hadn't been alone stepping up when Umepatwa fell, but she couldn't deny that she had. She inhaled carefully before speaking again, a surprising fear of messing this up crossing her mind.

"I'm also the one who killed Shangyue," she said, "You don't think that hurts my image?"

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 4:31 am
"Not really, no," Lailah replied. "Shangyue may not have been all bad - he certainly put some good ideas into place that this pride has needed for some time - but when the storytellers look back on his reign they will call him a tyrant." The Shaman saw no need to reiterate the death toll of the purple male's era, starting with his own parents and grandparents. Kimondo knew all this already. Just as she, and the rest of the pride, knew the kind of lions who had followed Shangyue.

If Tyfu was your biggest and most obvious supporter, you had a problem. Thank the Great Lion she'd been killed during the chaos. Of course, it raised a few questions about how to deal with others of her ilk, such as the lioness' b*****d children by Shangyue, but before that could happen, the Mwezi desperately needed a new monarch.

"When they tell your story, they'll talk of how you helped to overthrow him and ensure that he never hurt anyone ever again. It may not be your brightest moment, but every monarch has a bit of light and dark in their reign," the older lioness went on, giving Kimondo another serious look. "I think that's a good place for a Queen to start."  

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 5:09 pm
Shangyue may not have been all bad ... it wasn't something she heard shouted far and wide but she knew it was part of how he had stayed in power so long. If he had more grounded confidence, if he'd been the kind of personality who could actually handle himself and what he had done.. maybe it would have been different. She believed that, as ugly as it was in face of the knowledge that he had killed his parents, his grandparents, and his son.

Was that why Lailah was standing here across from her, offering to make her the Queen? She couldn't know all of Kimondo's thoughts, and her actions didn't feel like they spoke any louder. She hesitated one last time before pushing through the confusion and fear.

"Are you sure about this?" she asked, "I stepped up only because Umepatwa died fighting for what he thought was right, because I trusted him more than I trusted anybody else. He would have made a great king."

She paused for a beat as her anxiety turned to sadness yet again over her lost friend, wishing he was here. Would he have stepped up, or would he have taken the same route as Liuhe? The two of them were more alike than either knew, despite their obvious differences. What would he have said to the idea that Kimondo could be the one to take over?

"I would do anything to help us have peace, to have stability," she said, "I've never known the pride with any King besides Shangyue, I'll need help."

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 5:14 pm
"I honestly don't know if Umepatwa would have been a better ruler," the Shaman admitted. "I didn't know him especially well. But the fact is that he's gone and you remain." Tough luck, but that was the way of it. They couldn't regret the deaths that had struck the pride, though they should and would mourn them. The future belonged to the living.

"You will have help," Lailah pointed out. "I am at your disposal, of course, as well as my apprentices and the other Priests. Unyezi as well is an invaluable resource. We can teach you and advise you, but the decisions will have to be yours in the end," she told the younger female. "Just like I couldn't let anyone else make this decision for me, much as I would have liked to," the Shaman added with a crooked grin.  

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 5:23 pm
Kimondo smiled a little at the Shaman's admission about Umepatwa, and almost laughed. Umepatwa would be the first thing they disagreed on, then. And she wasn't surprised, Umepatwa hadn't exactly been the most eloquent in getting his thoughts and feelings across but he hadn't died in vain either. His vision for the future was here.

He could have done this, but could she? Maybe, maybe not.. but she was willing to try. And none of her concerns had dissuaded the Shaman, who had definitely thought long and hard about this. So she took a deep breath.

"Alright," she said, "I'll do it."

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 5:28 pm
"I'm glad to hear that," Lailah told the new Queen. "We'll hold your coronation at the next full moon." The Shaman turned as if to go, then looked back at the other lioness.

"I have every confidence that you'll do well for the pride, Kimondo. Please remember that we are here to help and support you when you need it."

With that, the older lioness took herself off to begin her own preparations for the upcoming event. She'd leave the choice of who Kimondo told first in the younger lioness' paws.  

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

[IC] Mwezi'Johari Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces