Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply Family Profiles
The Findlay-Abrams Family ~ Accepted

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 7:22 pm
Current Members

Kalin Findlay-Abrams~39
    ❤Beathan Findlay-Abrams~ 39
    NPC
    XXX]✿Brendan Findlay-Abrams~ 21 (played by Miss GryffindorK accepted 11/10/16 via chatzy @ 9pm CMT)
    XXX]✿Nasim Safi~ 18

Related Family
XThe Abrams Family - Through Kalin and Thane
XThe Wakefield Family - Through Milo Abrams

Pended by: CREW MEMBER, DATE
Accepted by: ~ ♥ Cara ɱк [03/23/2017]
Accepted Characters: Kalin [03/23/2017] Beathan [03/23/2017] Brendan [03/23/2017] Nasim [1/20/18]
Updates Accepted by: Weasley 7/16/20

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 7:28 pm
Kalin Findlay-Abrams
~NPC~
As of May 2022

Hi, my name is Kalin Pearce Findlay-Abrams

But I mostly go by just Kalin please

I'm a Male

I'm 39years old.

My birthday is June 5th 2014

I work in Personal chef

My dream job is Sorta what I'm doing now

My blood status is Halfblood

The house I was in Gryffindor!

I was in the class of 2032

I'm interested in Definitely both genders

I'm currently with Thane Findlay-Abrams

I may seem slightly sheltered, happy-go-lucky, and rather dim but I'm really well except for the dim part that's just how I am. I'm not super smart, but I have my strengths and I know what I'm good at and what I want to do with my life which is a lot more than some people. I also like to stick up for people, I can't stand bullies and firmly believe that ever person deserves a fighting chance.

My background story is Not that long. I was born somewhere in here (well not here here but in this country) and then returned back to California in the USA to be raised there. I went to school and I had friends and parents who loved me and an older brother who was everything I wanted. Of course I had regular problems, bad grades, a lot of rules...actually I had a loooot of rules that I never really thought of. Normal ones like be in bed by eight, always do my homework or no dessert, no flying in public areas, etc. And then the weird ones like don't take what Wyatt says to heart, never be alone with anyone for more than an hour, I could never go to friends house or have friends over, I had to sneak play time with Wyatt! It was weird but they said that they did it out of love so I didn't think much about. But I had my brother so all was well, and then he left. He left me! Even though he said he didn't mean to he did! He just left and didn't write or anything! I was so mad I didn't talk to him for almost a week before I caved and wrote him first. When he explained everything I was still a bit mad at him but I was madder at my parents. So to try and get back in my good graces they decided to take a trip out to the country for a picnic and then to the beach, I kinda wanted to go but I kinda didn't either. But before I knew it we were hit from the sides and our car tossed off a bridge. I lost consciousness when we hit the water and didn't regain it until I was in the hospital with like a bajillion tubes stuck inside me. And Wyatt! He was there, he came back for me! And if you ask he'll lie and say he wasn't crying but he was, I saw! So Mama and Dad died and they tried to leave me with grandma instead of Wyatt but I protested. I didn't want to live in smelly old Wyoming, I wanted to go with my brother! So he did...something and now I get to live with him! He asked where because he didn't want to stay in California so I chose here since this was like my birthplace. So I thought we should be reborn here as well.
It's been sort of weird living here, the people are really weird and different but also really nice. I met my first friend last year, Thane, he's Scottish and kind of mean but also kind of nice. He's just difficult to explain. But he's also a wizard like me so we both were gonna go to Hogwarts! When we got there I got sorted into Gryffindor (it's the one with the really bright colors and a lion) while he got sorted into Slytherin (the ones that have the nice colors and a big snake). I had to drag him out his room the first month of classes because he was being lazy and people would stare at us like we were being weird or something. Apparently not a lot of Gryffindors are friends with Slytherins which is really stupid because they're people too and plus I didn't want to give up the friendship I baked worked really hard for!
Anyway, I learned that just before the holidays his guardian, his nephew, died in a car accident and that the ministry was going to send him back to the orphanage. I felt really bad for him so I invited him to come to my place for the holidays. It took a lot of begging and pleading but eventually he accepted. He may not have acted like it but I know he had fun with me and Wyatt, which was why I asked (begged and pleaded more) with my brother to adopt him to keep him from going back to the orphanage. I thought the both of them were gonna kill each other when I said so but I explained everything (with more begging, pleading, baking, and just a little bit of crying) and they both grudgingly agreed. Thane's sort of like my honorary brother now and it's going to be awesome! My brother has even found someone! His name's Milo and I really can't wait to meet him.
2028~ Milo's really cool and he and my brother are getting married! I'm so happy for him, but I've also been a bit..annoyed at Thane lately. I don't know why. I really don't want to be but something's changed between us and I don't know what and he won't tell me.
2029~ Wyatt got married to Milo in secret and even though I said I was cool with it I'm still sort of hurt that he didn't think to include me. I didn't even get to make him the wedding cake I had promised Milo, instead his Nan got to do it.And then they also adopted this really adorable little boy named Dris who calls Thane "Thaney" and even though he acts like the kid is an annoying pest I can see that he's wormed into his brittle heart. Speaking of hearts, I decided to give him a shot at my own. We haven't done much or really anything or even told anyone but I have this suspicion that my brother and his husband already know.
2031~ Wyatt and Milo adopted another baby! Well, toddler since she's three but still! And she's soooooooo cute! And she gives the best hugs and she's sweet and adorable. Even Thane's said so! He looked constipated afterwards but still.

2033~ Things have been really great!! I got a job as a person chef to James and Lyre of all people which is cool plus I have this owl order business and I work part-time with this caterer so I'm always sorta busy but I love every moment of it! However, things with Thane haven't been so great. He doesn't seem to want to go that extra step and I agree that we have all the time in the world to tie the knot and all but I at least want to know if he wants to! Following some family advice we've decided to split for a bit, quite literally in fact. Thane got offered a job to gather ingredients and while he's doing that I'll stay in our flat and try to see if things will work.

2035~ The start of the year wasn't a very pleasant one. Thane hadn't replied to my letters for months and I had to assume he had given up on our relationship which left me heartbroken. He randomly arrived at our flat sometime in the middle of August with trying to explain what had happened and I got angry and we started yelling and arguing before he could actually finally tell me the full story. When he had I felt so ashamed, especially because I had actually punched him, but he apologized as well and actually proposed! So now we're engaged and I'm trying to make things as quick and painless as possible, mainly for him. Which, didn't work out for too long considering that I maaayyy have convinced him to elope so we could adopt the absolute most adorable little boy named Brennie. Now we have a perfect little family and I couldn't be happier!

I enjoy
My family
Flying
Games
Quidditch
Cooking
Sweets

I despise
Seeing people being bullied
Bullies
Seeing anyone I care about sad
Seeing someone hurt
Being left out

I'm afraid of losing my new found family

My strengths are I care, I can cook, and I'm determined

My flaws are I don't know when enough is "enough"

I look like Kostas Martakis (request sent)

My wand is a 10in Oak wood with Fox Fur core

My pet is a we're considering another puppy, but it's not finalized yet

My O.W.L. Scores Are:
Astronomy ~ A
Charms ~ EE
Defense Against the Dark Arts ~ O
Herbology ~ EE
History of Magic ~ A
Potions ~ A
Transfiguration ~ A
Arithmancy ~ EE
Cooking with Magic ~ O
Healing ~ O

My N.E.W.T. Scores Are:
Charms ~ O
Defense Against The Dark Arts ~ A
Herbology ~ A
Arithmancy ~ EE
Cooking WIth Magic ~ O
Healing ~ O

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 7:34 pm
Thane Findlay-Abrams
~NPC~
As of 2021

Hi, my name is Beathan Kentigern Labhrainn Findlay-Abrams

But I mostly go by Thane, please. Nothing else.

I'm a: Man

I'm 33 years old

Date of Birth: July 3rd, 2014

I work in International Magical Trading Standards Body

My dream job is: I want to be in the circus, or you know, supreme overlord of the universe.

My blood status is: Muggleborn

The house I was in: Slytherin.

I was in the class of 2032

I'm interested in Males

I'm currently with Kalin Findlay-Abram

I may seem I'm a jerk. I'm antisocial, anti-stupid, and just a bundle of sarcasm and cynicism. but I'm really Don't get me wrong I can be nice, it just happens to be a rarity. And to people I can actually stand. I also have a soft spot for animals and potty-trained kids with big eyes.

My background story is My parents died when I was young, then my brother died, and then I was in an orphanage. I got beat up and picked on a lot because I was smaller than the other boys and because I used bigger words that they've probably never heard of. So growing up in that kind of environment didn't really paint a pretty picture of humankind to my eyes if you catch my drift. A couple years ago my twenty-one year old nephew found out where I was being stashed and adopted me, which I know is kinda odd when you think about it but whatever. We got along ok, he stayed out of my space...actually that's a lie. He was always in my friggen space trying to be a family and be happy and junk. It was freaking annoying, so I stayed out of his space. I soon met this kid who was pretty much the exact opposite of me in personality; he was always happy, he saw the best in everyone (blech!), he even baked! Who does that anymore?! But he got to me, he wormed his way into my cold inner surface (the cookies kinda helped) and befriended me which I grudgingly accepted.
A couple months later we were on the train to Hogwarts where I was sorted into Slytherin (huuuge surprise) and attempted to make my way to class. Honestly if it wasn't for Kalin always showing up and dragging me places I wouldn't have left my bedroom. It was just before the winter holidays that I got the bad news that my nephew had been driving along in London and got hit by a drunk driver and died on impact. I was literally alone in the world, a ward of the ministry which was about to send me right back to that hellhole of an orphanage that I thought I escaped. But just as I was packing up and steeling myself for going back my friend came up with a surprise; he wanted me to spend the holidays with him and his brother. Since it was either dealing with his damn holiday spirit or deal with the bastards back at the group home I chose the lesser of two evils. It was an alright holiday, I got all the sweets I could ask for courtesy of one hyperactive eleven year old and his brother was alright. He didn't ask too many questions or try to make me open up about my feelings (or whatever that stupid social worker told me to do). Anyway, around the new year they popped a huge question asking whether or not I'd like to be adopted into their little makeshift family. At first I was a bit stunned and then angry. I didn't want their stupid pity and I told them where they could shove it. The older brother got mad and looked ready to curse me out but Kalin stopped him. He just kept going on about how he didn't want to lose me and some s**t about how we could practically be brothers and going on and on with this spiel and I could actually see tears-tears!-in his stupid deep brown eyes of his...and I folded like a first timer at a poker game. It was stupid of me really, getting into a new family, forging new connections so quickly after what happened, but anything to make those stupid eyes of his stop! Recently the older one has started to see someone romantically which has Kalin all dizzy with happiness. I'm just happy the b*****d has time to spend with someone else and can't bother me all the time.
2028~ I guess I'm going to have to get used to that song bird staying with us since he and Wyatt got engaged. He's ok I suppose. Me and Kalin are sort of..out of sorts at the moment and I'm kinda afraid to fix it. I feel like he'd be better off not knowing.
2029~ So apparently Wyatt and Milo got married after me and Kalin left for school, so of course he was hurt and even worse (or better in other's opinion) they adopted a kid. Like an actual living breathing child and not some other owl. The actual ********. And now there's OWL's to friggen look forward to next year so that'll be fun. I guess the only good thing that really happened was that me and Kalin get to fool around a little...if you get my French.
2031~Jesus effing Christ, it's like me and Kalin can't leave those two alone for a few seconds without them procreating. We got an owl about them adopting another midget, a girl this time, and sent us pictures and told us all her likes and whatnot (I honestly could not understand how Wyatt didn't impregnate Milo if they managed to get a child with the same freaky obsession with owls) but she's not bad. A bit clingy and waaayy too...ugh.

2033~ The happily ever after I'd been promised after graduation didn't last as long as I wanted since Kalin kept harping on me about commitment. It wasn't that I didn't want to settle down with the big idiot, I just didn't want to do it right that second. It's like he wants to live his brother's life or something; get married, have kids, blahblahblah. Thankfully I was offered a way out of the cycle of fights and sleepless nights by a job opening up where I'll travel around the globe gathering potion ingredients for apothecaries and potion masters. Kalin figures if we can make it through this and still care for one another he'll be satisfied to wait, I figure it'll give me some time away from those damn puppy eyes before I actually cave.

2034~ So this year sort of majorly sucked. While I was off traveling I realized a bit too late that I was making sort of a mistake by just off and leaving Kalin like that and was going to go back when a freak accident happened: I fell off a ******** mountain. Who the ******** does that, me apparently. It took me a few months to recover since I was found by muggles and I ended up losing my right eye and my wand. When I got back home, me and Kalin got into a huge fight since he had thought I left him but when I finally got to explain (after getting clocked I should mention) we made up and I finally got my act together and proposed

2035~ I was expecting a long haul of wedding planning and enough wedding talk to bore me into the next millennium but Kalin unsurprisingly flipped the script. He took me to the orphanage and basically barraged me with cuteness in the form of a little boy named Brendan and then convinced me to elope with him so that we could formally adopt said barrage. I agreed only if I wasn't the one to tell the family.

I enjoy watching geeky shows and movies. I like to read and learn new things, science fiction, potions experimentation, Kalin's cooking

I despise Stupid people, death, mushrooms, personal questions, large social scenes.

Strengths: My intelligence and my resilience I suppose.

Weaknesses: My bad attitude and lack of faith or trust in other humans

Fears: Death

I look like This

My wand is a 11⅓ in. Beech wood with a Dragon-heartstring core of a Peruvian Vipertooth.

My pet is nonexistent. I'm considering an owl though since Chet is getting on in years. And trying to keep my sanity around this puppy talk.

My OWL scores are:
Astronomy ~ A
Alchemy ~ EE
Ancient Runes ~ A
Charms ~ EE
Defense Against the Dark Arts~ EE
Divination ~ A
Herbology ~ A
History of Magic ~ EE
Potions ~ O
Transfiguration ~ A

My NEWT scores are:
Alchemy ~ O
Charms ~ A
History of Magic ~O
Potions ~ O
((Adopted from Kai Sparrowheart))

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 7:38 pm
xxxxxxxℬ𝓻𝒆𝓷𝓭𝓪𝓷 𝐼𝒶𝑔𝑜 ℱ𝓲𝓷𝓭𝓵𝓪𝔂-𝓐𝓫𝓻𝓪𝓶𝓼xxxxxxx

xxxℬ𝓪𝓼𝓲𝓬 𝓢𝓽𝓪𝓽𝓲𝓼𝓽𝓲𝓬𝓼xxx

xxxFᴜʟʟ Nᴀᴍᴇ: Brendan Iago Findlay-Abrams (nee Cadwallader)
xxxNɪᴄᴋɴᴀᴍᴇs: Brennie, Brennie-Bear
xxxAɢᴇ: 18
xxxBɪʀᴛʜᴅᴀʏ: April 3, 2032
xxxBʟᴏᴏᴅ Sᴛᴀᴛᴜs: Pureblood
xxxGᴇɴᴅᴇʀ: Nonbinary
xxxOʀɪᴇɴᴛᴀᴛɪᴏɴ: Pansexual
xxxZᴏᴅɪᴀᴄ: Aries
xxxBirth Stone: Diamond
xxxWᴀɴᴅ: Flexible Willow with Fairy Wings - 10.5 inches
xxxFᴀᴄᴇᴄʟᴀɪᴍ: Tom Holland

xxx𝓢𝓬𝓱𝓸𝓸𝓵 & 𝓒𝓪𝓻𝒆𝒆𝓻xxx

xxxSᴄʜᴏᴏʟ: Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry
xxxHᴏᴜsᴇ: Hufflepuff - Prefect
xxxYᴇᴀʀ: 2050

xxx𝒪𝒲𝐿 𝒮𝒸𝑜𝓇𝑒𝓈xxx
xxxxxAstronomy ~ {O}
xxxxxCharms ~ {O}
xxxxxDefence Against the Dark Arts ~ {EE}
xxxxxHerbology ~ {EE}
xxxxxHistory of Magic ~ {D}
xxxxxPotions ~ {O}
xxxxxTransfiguration ~ {EE}
xxxxxArt ~ {O}
xxxxxCare of Magical Creatures ~ {EE}
xxxxxHealing Class ~ {O}
xxxxxMuggle Studies ~ {O}
xxxxxMusic ~ {EE}
xxxxxMythology ~ {A}

xxx𝒩𝐸𝒲𝒯 𝒮𝒸𝑜𝓇𝑒𝓈xxx
xxxxxAstronomy ~ {A}
xxxxxCharms ~ {O}
xxxxxDefence Against the Dark Arts ~ {EE}
xxxxxHerbology ~ {O}
xxxxxPotions ~ {O}
xxxxxTransfiguration ~ {EE}
xxxxxArt ~ {EE}
xxxxxCare of Magical Creatures ~ {O}
xxxxxHealing Class ~ {O}
xxxxxMuggle Studies ~ {O}
xxxxxMusic ~ {A}

xxxCᴜʀʀᴇɴᴛ Eᴍᴘʟᴏʏᴍᴇɴᴛ: Healer (apprentice) - Creature-Induced Injuries
xxxDʀᴇᴀᴍ Jᴏʙ: Photographer

xxx𝓟𝒆𝓻𝓼𝓸𝓷𝓪𝓵𝓲𝓽𝔂xxx

xxxxxSᴏғᴛ-Sᴘᴏᴋᴇɴ: Brendan is a very quiet soul, and he's a bit of a pushover when it comes to other people. He's not ever the voice to be heard in a crowd, nor is he the one to correct anyone else out loud.
xxxxxIɴᴛᴇʟʟɪɢᴇɴᴛ: Just because he won't verbally correct others doesn't mean he won't think them incorrect. Brendan is smart and knows his right from wrong... even if he still makes some childish mistakes.
xxxxxHᴇʟᴘғᴜʟ: Brendan does small little things in order to help everyone around. Sometimes he'll go out of his way if he can help someone else, though his quiet self makes the little gestures often go unnoticed.
xxxxxTʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛғᴜʟ: Brendan is always thinking of others ahead of himself, which allows people with ill intentions to walk all over him. But as he's trusting, he will almost always get up and try again, with hopes of making someone else happy.
xxxxxLᴏʏᴀʟ: Though Brendan isn't talkative, he's dead loyal to those he truly cares about. Unfortunately, it's rather tricky to get close enough to him to earn his utmost loyalty.
xxxxxAɪʀʏ: Brendan almost always has his head in the clouds. He's always dreaming about something or another, mostly because he doesn't really have anyone in particular to share his dreamy thoughts with.

xxx𝐿𝒾𝓀𝑒𝓈xxx
xxxxx⇾ Music
xxxxx⇾ Science
xxxxx⇾ Potions
xxxxx⇾ Ballet
xxxxx⇾ Corgis

xxx𝒟𝒾𝓈𝓁𝒾𝓀𝑒𝓈xxx
xxxxx⇾ Braces
xxxxx⇾ Snakes
xxxxx⇾ Wintertime
xxxxx⇾ Photography
xxxxx⇾ The Dark

xxx𝐻𝑜𝒷𝒷𝒾𝑒𝓈xxx
xxxxx⇾ Dancing
xxxxx⇾ Potions
xxxxx⇾ Reading

xxx𝒮𝓉𝓇𝑒𝓃𝑔𝓉𝒽𝓈xxx
xxxxx⇾ Dancing
xxxxx⇾ Seeing the Good in People

xxx𝒲𝑒𝒶𝓀𝓃𝑒𝓈𝓈𝑒𝓈xxx
xxxxx⇾ Speaking Up
xxxxx⇾ Standing his Ground

xxx𝒟𝑒𝓈𝒾𝓇𝑒𝓈xxx
xxxxx⇾ Be a world-class Photographer
xxxxx⇾ Make ALL the friends

xxx𝐹𝑒𝒶𝓇𝓈xxx
xxxxx⇾ Being a Pushover
xxxxx⇾ Being Kidnapped

xxxℬ𝓲𝓸𝓰𝓻𝓪𝓹𝓱𝔂xxx

xxx𝒞𝒽𝒾𝓁𝒹𝒽𝑜𝑜𝒹xxx
Brendan was dropped off at the orphanage when he was just under a year old when his mother passed away due to illness. His father, an important businessman didn't have the ability to care for his son, and so after packing a suitcase and writing a letter, he left his only child to be protected by the owners of the orphanage. For two months thereafter, Brendan spent time staring out the window in hopes to see his parents again. After that didn't work, he started dreaming about a new family that he might join somewhere, and a year later he'd all but forgotten about his former family in favor of his own dreams. He hid behind the other kids and learned his way around the orphanage. Of course, some people picked on him and used him so they wouldn't get in trouble, but luckily his own silly innocence kept him from being in trouble. It was around then that he met Kalin, who quickly fell in love. Brennie helped him with snacks and treats, wiggling his way into the man's heart. After some convincing, Kalin got his husband to agree to adopt the blonde, and they came and took him home.

After being formally adopted, Brennie fell in love with his little family. He had Kalin, a chef and a general darling, and he had Thane, who taught him science tricks and introduced Brennie to all manner of cool old TV shows and movies. He also met his rather... extensive family, earning a best friend in his cousin, Lia. The duo began to do everything together, including taking a multitude of dance lessons together. They were also in the same class at school, and they quickly agreed to be best friends for ever and ever.

Brennie fell in love with photography, which later led to his being kidnapped by Rui Owens. He was lured away, then held captive at her home. It could've been worse, as he wasn't bound or anything, just locked in a room for days on end. Finally, a girl named Sara King came home from school, freeing Brennie, alerting the aurors, and rescuing both Brennie and another guy, called Mirzam. Rui got accidentally got killed in the process, and Brennie's only injuries were a split lip and a broken leg. Luckily, they were almost immediately rescued by the Aurors, and Kalin and Thane were at the hospital the same time he got there. It didn't take too long to recover, but he couldn't dance for a while.

Shortly thereafter, the Findlay-Abrams family adopted again, this time a lovely young girl named Nasim. Her mother had become sickly and begged Thane to protect her daughter, so Thane agreed. Once Nasim's mum passed, the girl was fully adopted into the family. She didn't like it much, but Brennie was absolutely delighted to be an older brother. He loved having someone to watch over and protect. A few years later saw the family much better bonded, which delighted Brennie to no end. He also got his Hogwarts letter at long last, thrilling him to know he was well and truly a wizard, just like his dad and papa.
xxx𝒮𝒸𝒽𝑜𝑜𝓁 𝒴𝑒𝒶𝓇𝓈xxx
Brennie started off strong, having a great first year. He played quidditch as a reserve seeker, but ended up playing two games start-to-end. Not only that, but he won one! Luckily Laili was super excited by the win. He also joined music club, theater, and astronomy club, where he made lots of friends. The only problem he encountered was just how badly he missed his family. Luckily, though, several members were also at school, so it wasn't quite as lonely.

xxx𝒮𝒸𝒽𝑜𝑜𝓁 𝒴𝑒𝒶𝓇𝓈xxx

The summer following his first year, Brennie was taken to the dentist, then the orthodontist... where he was x-rayed a bunch and given braces. As the years went by, Brennie made friends and became more confident. He joined drama club along with quidditch, then music and yoga once it was made. He also made friends with his cousin, Dris' wife's brother, who was happily genderfluid. Doing some research (and soul searching), Brennie decided he figured out why he never quite felt comfortable saying he was a boy, and why he wasn't necessarily happy with the choice to remain such. Brennie came out to family first, identifying now as nonbinary with a preference not only to be known as they/them, but to go by Brennie, rather than Brendan. Luckily, his family (between all the spectrums of LGBTQ+) was very accepting, and proud to call them correctly. Going back to school, Brennie became the head of Drama club, which was a title they wore proudly. They also returned as seeker for the house team, since Lia was needed as a chaser. Luckily, the team ended up with two decent seasons under Bethany, and NEWTs weren't too difficult (given how many hours they'd poured over notes and books), and graduation was just a step ahead.

xxx𝒜𝒹𝓊𝓁𝓉𝒽𝑜𝑜𝒹xxx
Once graduated, Brennie went right to St. Mungo's to interview and land their dream job. Perfect. Now they could help people all the time. Not only that, but they volunteered as a model to help Chanda with their non-gendered clothing line, which Brennie was very excited to do (who didn't want to be a model AND help friends?). Brennie worked hard at St. Mungo's, making friends with all the other training healers, as well as some of the full healers. Putting their nose to the grindstone, Brennie earned Full Healer after the long eight years.

xxxℛ𝒆𝓵𝓪𝓽𝓲𝓸𝓷𝓼𝓱𝓲𝓹𝓼xxx

xxxLᴏᴠᴇᴅ Oɴᴇ: -----
xxxBᴇsᴛ Fʀɪᴇɴᴅ: Lia Ellis
xxxFʀɪᴇɴᴅs: Lia Ellis, Bethany Borson, Chanda Giese-Dunbar, Stella Connelly, Sonora Li
xxxEɴᴇᴍɪᴇs: -----
xxxFᴀᴍɪʟʏ: Thane and Kalin Findlay-Abrams (parents), Nasim Safi (adopted sister), Wyatt and Milo Abrams (uncles), Dris, Laili, Londy, Lia (cousins), Nan Wakefield (Gramma)
xxxPᴇᴛ: a Pallid Scops Owl named Valkyrie

xxx𝓞𝓽𝓱𝒆𝓻 𝓘𝓷𝒇𝓸𝓻𝓶𝓪𝓽𝓲𝓸𝓷xxx

xxx𝐹𝒶𝓋𝑜𝓇𝒾𝓉𝑒𝓈xxx
xxxFᴀᴠᴏʀɪᴛᴇ Fᴏᴏᴅ: Cupcakes and Nutella Toasties
xxxFᴀᴠᴏʀɪᴛᴇ Cᴏʟᴏʀ: Orange
xxxFᴀᴠᴏʀɪᴛᴇ Aɴɪᴍᴀʟ: Corgis

xxxIɴsᴛʀᴜᴍᴇɴᴛs Pʟᴀʏᴇᴅ: Piano, Violin (still learning)
xxxLᴀɴɢᴜᴀɢᴇs Sᴘᴏᴋᴇɴ: English
xxxAᴄᴄᴇɴᴛ: South British  

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:39 pm
xxxxN A S I MxxxF A R I H AxxxF I N D L A Y - A B R A M S xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

xxxxB E H I N D T H E N A M E xxxxxxxxxxx
              NICKNAMES Nasim, though sometimes her mother just called her Sim

AGE 24

BIRTHDAY 3 August 2035

BLOOD STATUS Pureblood

WAND 11 1⁄4 in. Hazel wood with Unicorn tail core, Bendy with a decorated shaft

GENDER Female

SEXUAL ORIENTATION N/A

FACECLAIM Childhood/Preteen - Sara Kashif [x]
              Teenage/Adulthood - Saboor Ali [x]

LANGUAGES English and some Urdu

xxxxS C H O O L A N D C A R E E R xxxxxx
            ATTENDING Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry

HOUSE Hufflepuff

CLASS OF 2053

BEST LESSONS
                Art
                Transfiguration
                Astronomy

WORST LESSONS
                DADA
                Potions
                Herbology

CURRENT EMPLOYMENT Clerk at Sugarplums and a digital artist (pending)
            DREAM JOB Sci-fy comic writer

xxxxO W L S A N D N E W T S xxxxxxxxxxxx
                OWL SCORES
                    Astronomy ~ EE
                    Charms ~ EE
                    Defense Against the Dark Arts ~ A
                    Herbology ~ A
                    History of Magic ~ EE
                    Potions ~ A
                    Transfiguration ~ O
                    Alchemy ~ A
                    Art ~ O
                    Care of Magical Creatures ~ A
                    Healing ~ EE
                    Muggle Studies ~ O
                    Music ~ EE
                    Mythology ~ EE
                    Wandlore ~ A

NEWT SCORES
                    Astronomy ~ A
                    Charms ~ O
                    History of Magic ~ A
                    Transfiguration ~ O
                    Art ~ O
                    Healing ~ A
                    Muggle Studies ~ O
                    Music ~ EE
                    Mythology ~ EE

xxxxP E R S O N A L I T Y xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
            ◊ OUTSPOKEN Nasim has no trouble speaking her mind, sometimes loudly, or saying what she believes should be on other people's minds. This has of course gotten her into trouble but it hasn't really bothered her.
            ◊ HELPFUL She loves helping others be it problems big or small and is always the first to volunteer for any endeavor.
            ◊ VIBRANT She's a very bright and energetic child who likes to try and share her brightness and energy with the world.
            ◊ FICKLE Nasim had the privilege of having a mother that rarely said no, meaning she agreed to various hobbies and programs only to quit months or possibly years later saying she was now bored. Her adoptive parents also didn't do much to quell any curiosity she had-short lived it may've been.
            ◊ RESPONSIBLE Despite her sometimes lackadaisical approach, Nasim takes care and responsibility for all she decides to do or work with and is the first to clean up or correct a mistake.
            ◊ SINCERE Nasim doesn't like lying and tries to avoid it if she can. She also doesn't see the point in being mean for no reason when being nice is so easy.

Crabs
                Loud music she can dance to
                Reading
                Science fiction shows

DISLIKES
                Sour foods
                PepperUp potion
                Jumping the shark
                Plain milk
                Hospitals

HOBBIES
                Sketching
                Reading
                Fanfiction

STRENGTHS
                Helpful
                Willingness to learn

WEAKNESSES
                Willful
                Flighty

FEARS
                Forgetting about her mom
                Gravity failing and floating away into space

xxxxH I S T O R Y xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
            CHILDHOOD Faraz and Zuny Safi had moved to the UK many years prior to their daughter's birth mainly due to a job offer for Zuny to work in the trades department of the Ministry, but had quickly fell in love with the city they inhabited as well as their respective jobs. Faraz quickly garnered a job at St. Mungoes in it's disease ward. Nasim came at a time when they had both nearly given up on ever having a child having both gone through rigorous testing and homeopathic healing but nothing seemed to take. Just when they had reached their mid thirties did a miracle happen and a daughter was born in the bloom of summer. The small family lived happily for a short time until Faraz contracted an unknown disease from one of his patients who had recently traveled abroad. They didn't quarantine him in time and he shortly died from its complications. Zuny grieved her husband and the fact that he wouldn't see his child grow but focused all her energy and attention onto her daughter to ensure she grew up loved and happy. This went on for many years until another tragedy struck. Upon crosschecking some potions that had just recently been brought to the ministry to be traded, a faulty potion spilled on her and instantly seeped into her skin. She was rushed to the hospital and though it seemed as though nothing had happened they still kept her for observation. They found later that the potion was slowly killing her from the inside, reminiscent of a cancer, and since the potion that caused it had been faulty there was little they could do to potentially stop the disease. Though she had savings, she didn't have nearly enough to pay a potions master to essentially work from scratch to save her. Zuny knew her time was limited and lamented that she would also not see her child grow up but refused to have her sent back to Pakistan to her ailing parents or to an orphanage. She spoke with Thane Findlay-Abrams, a coworker and close friend of hers and talked him and his husband into adopting Nasim and raising her in her stead. Nasim knows that her mother is dying and while she likes Thane and Kalin, she still very much misses her old life. It was a long road to becoming a blended family but by the end of it, she was thriving in her new environment.

SCHOOL YEARS
                Nasim was sorted into Hufflepuff alongside her older brother and cousin and was pretty pleased by this. She made friends from all years and houses joining the yoga and art clubs. Nothing really stands out to her throughout the years other than making prefect/head girl and becoming captain of the art club. And perhaps playing third fiddle to whatever courting display Billie and As decided on. But thankfully that was few and far between.

POST GRADUATION During her school years, Nasim decided that she wanted to do art as her career specifically sci-fi and related comic books with female main protagonists. However, money was a current issue not an in-the-future one, so after discussing it with her cousin she applied to Sugarplums' as an associate. This was great for her since it got her out her bedroom when artistic blocks happened and she was surrounded by literal pounds of sugar. It was a win/win in her books.

xxxxR E L A T I O N S H I P S xxxxxxxxxxxx
            FAMILY
                Parents - Faraz and Zuny Safi (birth parents); Thane and Kalin Findlay-Abrams (adoptive)
                Siblings - Brendan Findlay-Abrams
                Grandparents - Nan Wakefield
                Aunts/Uncles - Wyatt and Milo Abrams
                Cousins - Driskol and Puck Abrams, Nani and Laili Heulwen, Quinn Abrams, London and Mahalia Elis

FRIENDS
                Best Friend - Milo Abrams
                Brendan Findaly-Abrams
                Maya Masters
                Mahalia Ellis
                Rune Borson
                Asbjørn Borson
                Hailey Scheer
                Nimbus Siddal

SIGNIFICANT OTHER N/A
            ENEMIES Name
            PETS A Tawny owl named Lucy