Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Tanakako

Allied Recalibrator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 11:04 am
User Image
The ex-Ithambo male hadn't thought that they would have much luck with their hunting attempt. But he had unexpectedly ran across the same trial he had been following before he had stumbled over the bonelands lioness. It was an old bull wildebeas, long past its prime but still dangerous enough. Musa however knew his old home was desperate and this creature was as thirsty and weak as all the animals in the area. He was a big male for his age and with Kuma as his backup he figured they had a good chance at bringing the bull down.

Creeping forward another step he eyed the bull as it grazed some distance ahead. They needed to get closer...... just a little more..  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 11:47 am
User Image

Kuma fell into her hunting pattern quickly and easily. Forgetting her hunger as soon as she saw the beast ahead of her. He was old which meant his meat was likely tougher than was ideal but at this point meat was meat.

She split off from the male that was now her hunting partner. She circled around sure to stay downwind and out of site. If she could be on the other side of the beast she could scare him towards the male... whose name she realized she still didn't know. Once they caught their prey she would have to ask for it.  

nessiaing

Tanakako

Allied Recalibrator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 1:53 pm
Musa watched as the female snuck away, keeping his own position to the rear of the beast. It may have been a very long time since he had hunted within the Ithambo but their tecniques and practices came back to him as if he had never forgotten. Once she had circled round he waited for her to make her move.

It was the bull that alerted him, the animal's head shot upwards, ears twisting forwards before it let out a luod bellow. Twisting on its shocky legs it spun and came right at Musa. Crouching he waited until it was almost upon him then exploded out o his hiding place, his great powerful front legs hooking around the beast's neck as his fangs sank into its snout. His rump got dragged along for a moment before his clawing hind paws maanged to find purchase on the tough dark-furred hide of the beast.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2016 4:06 am
The beast caught Kuma before she truly wanted it to but it worked none the less, it turned and ran right towards here awaiting hunting party. With a grin Kuma ran along behind it watching carefully ready to pounce until the moment the male sunk his claws into it. A sigh of relief escaped the females lips when she saw the beast go down, tears flooded her eye. Her reaction to the kill was strong and the excitement that passed through her was overwhelming, she knew that for the first time in a long time she was going to get to eat.

"Well done." she said as she approached the male and their fresh kill. She made no attempt to hide her smile. "My name is Kuma by the way." she told him. Looking at their fresh kill her stomach let out a growl. She sat back though waiting for him to have the first pieces really he had made the kill and it was rightfully his, not to mention her pride customs dictated males were to eat first. She knew there was enough food there though and was fine with waiting.

Tanakako

nessiaing

Tanakako

Allied Recalibrator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2016 8:32 am
The bull's bellowing very nearly deafened Musa but he hung on grimly while the big aninal thrashed about. Gradually his strangle-hold on the creature stole its breath and its energy and it slowed, before finally stopping and sagging to the ground. Musa kept his grip as it slowly brew still, only releasing some time after the female had jioned him.

Eventually, when his mouth was free again, he answered. "I'm Musa, its nice to meet you Kuma." Eyeing the carcas he looked back at her. "Go ahead..." She was so thin he ached just looking at her. Musa himself was hungry, but he wasn't starving.

nessiaing

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2016 12:29 pm
Kuma didn't need to be told twice. She moved quickly sinking her teeth into the flesh of their kill. She took a few hurried bites gulping down the food before she remembered to pace herself otherwise she was bound to get sick. After eating a good amount she sat back on her hunches, licking her lips clean of the blood that now stained the fur on her face. Normally she would have been more careful avoiding getting so much of the blood but with the drought it felt nice to have her mouth and throat moistened by it.

"I can not say thank you enough." She finally said after she had done we best to ride her fur of the stain of blood. It was one downdide of a light pelt, while she was able to stay in cool in the sun longer than those with a darker pelt, she had to deal with everything showing on her fur.

"I would never have been able to make that kill on my own." she admitted. "I wish there was a way I could repay you." She told him her voice soft.

Tanakako

nessiaing

Tanakako

Allied Recalibrator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2016 1:10 pm
Only after the female had begun to eat did Musa join in, and he was somewhat slower than her. Mostly because she appeared to be close to starving and he was merely very hungry. He was also careful to only eat enough to satisfy his hunger pangs, calming his stomach for the time being. He could easily have finished the carcass and then slept for three days to digest it, but he simply couldn't. Not when his mother and sisters in the pride were likely in the same condition as this female.

Shaking his head as she spoke he gave her a reasuring smile. "No need to thank me. I used to be Ithambo'hlabathi too. Here, take the rest of this back with you.... I can hunt again later." He was also free to go as far as he needed to in order to find more meat, where as his old pride was somewhat restricted. Also as a lone male he had a somewhat easier time finding enough to scavange on anyway.

He flicked an ear forwards in confusion as she offered repayment. "There is no need." Though he would very much like to know how his family faired....

nessiaing

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2016 7:26 pm
The peach coloured lioness smiled warmly at the male, he was beyond kind. "You spoke of your family, sisters and your mother. What are their names, if I am to take some of this back I would like to make sure that your mom and sisters get some." It was probably obvious to Musa that the pride wasn't doing well and he must be worried about those he couldn't see.

The thought of leaving the male left a little pain in the lioness. She had never really had that much of a conversation with a male before but she found this male so gentle and calm and caring, even for her and she was a stranger. She dragged her feet a little before finally saying, "Will you be in the area much longer?"

Tanakako

nessiaing

Tanakako

Allied Recalibrator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2016 7:36 pm
The lion looked up at her with an expression of gratitude. "Mvua is my mother. And my sisters are Chiko, Nhala and Gede." Musa replied, pleased that even if he couldn't see them, his family would at least get a meal tonight.

Her question surprised him and he looked at her. "Aaah well.... Rogues aren't allowed to linger..." He reminded her appologetically, finding himself reluctant to move on. Kuma was a sweet female and he worried for her this far from the rest of the pride. What if a hostile male turned up? "But I'll stay a little while. I'll keep you safe until we get closer to home, then I'll have to go." He hoped that pleased her.

nessiaing
Ugh, ipad shut down safiri and I lost my first attempt at this reply. DX

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2016 7:47 pm
Kuma found a sigh of relief escaping her lips, she was said that Musa would move on but at the same time understood it was the nature of the pride. She would have to take the time she was getting with him and be happy with it. It was a weird sensation Kuma had never really pictured herself as a female that would be swooned by a male.

"Mvua, Chiko, Nhala and Gede." she repeated committing the names to memory. "I will make sure that they are going to get food she said. It was nice to know she was going to help out someone for Musa after he had been so kind to her. "I suppose we should head back then." she said her voice a little side. She picked up part of the carcass and began to drag it, unfortunately with the need to carry the beast back to the pride there would be little chatter but she was determined to enjoy the time she had left with the male, even if it was in silence.

Tanakako

nessiaing

Tanakako

Allied Recalibrator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2016 7:52 pm
Upon seeing her struggle with the heavy prize Musa padded over and gently took it from her. With a twist ofmhis heavy head he tossed the carcass up and across his back, then smiled at her shyly.

"You will have to drag it the last bit, but I can carry it for now...." He said as he fell into step beside her.

nessiaing
lol Couldnt help it, he insisted.
Fin!

[IC] Ithambo'hlabathi Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas