Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply Shopping in the UK
Sticky Wicket Sweets ~ Kenmare, Ireland ~ Open Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2016 9:54 pm
รtเςкץ ฬเςкєt รฬєєtร

User ImagexUser Image

Located in Kenmare, Ireland, Sticky Wicket Sweets is a sweet shop specializing in the sale of retail and homemade goodies and candies. Each batch of candy or sweet is made by the personal hand of its owner, Ciaran Blake.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2016 11:05 pm
ςคภ๔เєร

All candy is priced per weight:
8 ounces: 2 Euro / 5 sickles
1 pound: 3 Euro / 7 sickles
XXXXXXX5 pounds: 9 Euro / 1 galleon 4 sickles
Exceptions being the 1lb chocolate ingots which sell for 10 Euro / 1 galleon 6 sickles

Assorted sour strips
Assorted sours
Bubblegum
Butterscotch
Candy buttons
Candy canes
Candy corn
Candy jewelry
Caramels
Chocolates balls
Chocolate bars
Chocolate covered pretzels
Chocolate covered raisens
Coconut candies
Bonbons
Fudge
Fruit candies
Fizzing candies
Gummies and all their assortments
Gumballs
Jawbreakers
Licorice
Lemon candies
Lemon-Lime candies
Marshmallows
Nougat
Peach candies
Pear candies
Peppermint candies
Pop rocks
Pumpkin candies
Rock candy
Salt Water Taffy
Sour candies
Sugar straws
Sugar cane
Toffee
Yogurt covered pretzels
Yogurt covered raisins

թครtгเєร

Traditional Irish Pastries:
1 Slice/Bowl: 5 Euro / 12 sickles
Whole Cakes/Pudding: 10-25 Euro
1 galleon 6 sickles - 3 galleons 6 sickles
Rich Guinness Cake
Creamy Baileys Mousse Pie
Apple Upside Down Cake
Irish Whiskey Cake
Cranachan
Bread and Butter Pudding with Rich Whiskey Sauce
Donegal Oatmeal Cream
Chocolate Potato Cake
Baileys Marble Cheesecake
Dean Swift's Burnt Oranges
Apple Barley Pudding
Carrageen Moss Blancmange
Sweet Seedcake Loaf
Irish Coffee Cake
Carrigaline Whiskey Pie
Porter Cake
Carrageen Citrus Pudding
Apple Amber
Chocolate Orange Guinness Cake

Common Pastries:
Cupcakes (Chocolate, Vanilla, Strawberry Short Cake, Carrot)
xxx↳Single 2 Euro Dozen 12 Euro 4 sickles / 1 galleon 10 sickles
Cakes (Chocolate, Vanilla, Strawberry, Strawberry Short Cake, Carrot, German Chocolate, Icebox, Black Forrest)
Cookies
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx↳Single 1 Euro Dozen 9 Euro 2 sickles / 1 galleon 4 sickles
Bonbons
Turnovers
Cheesecakes
Eclairs
Doughnuts
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx↳Single 2 Euro Dozen 10 Euro 4 sickles / 1 galleon 6 sickles

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2016 11:12 pm
๓เรςєllคภє๏ยร

Currently hiring staff from counter sales people to bakers. Please inquire within.

Witches and Wizards alike may find their common candies and pastries on shelves to the far left hidden behind a muggle "Notice-Me-Not" charm. The prices for these candies stand alongside the rest.
(revealing charms are pretty nifty, no?)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2016 11:23 pm
User Image

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xx» wнere «xx
xxxCandy Shop
xxxxxxxx» wιтн «xx
xxxxxxxxxCiaran
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx» ғeelιng «xx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxHappy
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

ιмageѕ oғ в r o ĸ e n lιgнт wнιcн d a n c e вeғore мe lιĸe a м ι l l ι o n e y e ѕ xxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                          тнey c a l l мe on and on a c r o ѕ ѕ тнe υ n ι v e r ѕ e xxxxxxxxx
                                                          тнoυgнтѕ мeander lιĸe a r e ѕ т l e ѕ ѕ w ι n d ιnѕιde a l e т т e r в o х xxxxxx
                                                          тнey тυмвle в l ι n d l y aѕ тнey мaĸe тнeιr way a c r o ѕ ѕ тнe υ n ι v e r ѕ e xxx

════════════════════════════════════════════╗

spaceKenmare, Ireland was an awfully long way out of Nirav's way to go just for the sake of satisfying his sweet tooth. Given that he lived in Godric's Hollow, going all the way to the Emerald Isle for some taffy and chocolate was more than a little odd. But, he'd heard from a friend, who'd heard from a friend, who'd heart etc etc, that Sticky Wicket Sweets was worth the trip. Particularly, he supposed, if it weren't really all that out of the way after all, thanks to apparation. His daughter had elected to stay home, not wanting to have to travel via what she referred to as 'the sucking void of nonexistence that will surely gobble us all up one day.' Normally he did his sweets shopping closer to home, but he'd figured that he may as well check the place out. Everything was made by the owner, not prepackaged and sent his way, or so the rumors said. Nirav found that this was rarely actually the case, but then, he was willing to see. Jaya hadn't been able to offer any information firsthand, since she wasn't a sweets person ('This is why we're divorced now,' he'd joked), but she'd said her 'source' was reliable.

spaceThe shop's interior was certainly what he expected, since all candy shops tended to have that same 'bright, vibrant Wonka Factory' look to them. Sometimes he wondered if the shops were modeled after the films, or the other way around. And then cursed the fact that he'd even had to sit through either of those films, because they'd given him one of the worst headaches he'd ever had. As it was, his glasses were charmed to remain tinted indoors, saving him from at least some of the brightness. Rather than peruse the offerings, however, he stepped up behind a man who was placing some things on the shelves, hoping his wave was visible in the man's peripheral. "Ah, hello?" he asked, smiling warmly. "Ah, I heard about this place through the grapevine, was told all the goods are homemade and that it's to die for. I was hoping you might have a suggestion on where to start with a selection?" Obviously, his primary goal was some kind of taffy. Taffy was his favorite. But he liked all sweets, and wanted to try a few different things. He may as well get an opinion from someone who worked here. Hopefully, the man before him was a longtime employee, or the owner even, and would actually have useful information.

╚════════════════════════════════════════════

xxx ѕoυndѕ oғ l a υ g н т e r ѕнadeѕ oғ l ι ғ e are r ι n g ι n g
                                                          xxxxxx тнroυgн мy o p e n earѕ ι n c ι т ι n g and ι n v ι т ι n g мe
                                                          xxxxxxxxx lιмιтleѕѕ υ n d y ι n g l o v e wнιcн ѕ н ι n e ѕ aroυnd м e
                                                          xxxxxxxxxxxx lιĸe a мιllιon ѕ υ n ѕ and c a l l ѕ мe on a c r o ѕ ѕ тнe υ n ι v e r ѕ e

User Image

xx» «xx
                                                          xx» oυт oғ cнaracтer «xx
                                                          speak now

Yukina101

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2016 11:53 pm
I'll be your light, your match, your burning sun,
I'll be the bright, in black that's makin' you run.
And we'll feel alright, and we'll feel alright,
'Cause we'll work it out, yeah, we'll work it out.

User Image
User Image

▷Former Hufflepuff ▷Muggleborn ▷Father of Three ▷Sticky Wicket Owner and Chef

→Ciaran never cursed his height if for three instances; arguing with Amata when she's wearing heels, at the supermarket without his eldest son, and right ruddy now. His usual full-time help was out on maternity leave early, which he had practically pushed the nearly eight month pregnant woman out the door with an order not to return until the twenty-third week of her absence, and her replacement didn't get out of class until five minutes ago. He was a nice lad, sort of reminded him of himself back when he was that age. Minus the mohawk and lip piercing of course. For a second after he hired him he was afraid some of his more conservative customers would have a problem with the way he dressed, not that he would really give a rats right testicle if they did, but he was surprised that many actually enjoyed the young man's presence. Bloody charmer he was, and he was certainly a hit with the teens of both genders though it obviously flustered him when they outright flirted. Though none of that was what mattered since he was actually freaking tall and could've probably put up this sour zingers hours ago while he was standing there like an idiot on his tip toes trying not to knock over another box of rainbow stripes because so help him god he would have the luck to fall off his ruddy stool trying to catch them and conk himself out on the floor scaring half the store and you know, injuries.

He had just managed to push the candy box back with the tips of his fingers and barely resisted doing an odd congratulatory jig on the stool, for reasons specified earlier, when he caught some movement out the corner of his eye and spotted a customer waving at him from behind. Well at least if he had fallen he would've had a nice fall. Waitwhat. Focus, he was talking about grapevines...
                                            "Ah yes, you hear' correctly." Ciaran told him just a tad proud. Justatad. "Hmm, well t'at woul' depend on yer personal preference. Do you like sweet, savory, or sour? Do you wan' a candy or chocolate? I've also go' pastries if ya wan' ta try some o' t'ose." He might've rambled a bit as he turned, still standing on the stool, to actually face the man. "Personally I'm rather fruity," God if that wasn't the bloody truth, "so I tend ta enjoy t'e gummies, hard candies, taffies, an' really anyt'ing wit' strawberry." Why in God's name had he just laid his soul bare for this poor man, he was probably just wanting a sample and he had just talked his ruddy ear off. "We offer free samples if i' helps?" Ciaran added with matching sheepish grin and small shrug.←

Cara MiaKitty

I got my mind made up, man, I can't let go.
I'm killing every second 'til it saves my soul.
(Ooh) I'll be running, (Ooh) I'll be running,
'Til the love runs out, 'til the love runs out.
And I'll start a fire, and I'll shut it down
'Til the love runs out

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 3:52 pm
User Image

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xx» wнere «xx
xxxCandy Shop
xxxxxxxx» wιтн «xx
xxxxxxxxxCiaran
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxHappy

ιмageѕ oғ в r o ĸ e n lιgнт wнιcн d a n c e вeғore мe lιĸe a м ι l l ι o n e y e ѕ xxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                          тнoυgнтѕ мeander lιĸe a r e ѕ т l e ѕ ѕ w ι n d ιnѕιde a l e т т e r в o х xxxxxx
                                                          тнey тυмвle в l ι n d l y aѕ тнey мaĸe тнeιr way a c r o ѕ ѕ тнe υ n ι v e r ѕ e xxx

spaceNirav had been somewhat confused, and amused, at the odd dance the man did on his stool. He wondered what was going on in his head, to prompt such a thing. But, that wasn't why he was here. He noted the sort of preening in response to his saying all the goods were supposedly homemade. It made him feel a little more confident regarding the interaction, since the man would have no reason to be proud of this fact if he weren't invested. He was probably at least somewhat involved in the candy-making process, then, and would know the product well. On the other hand, it might make him biased in that 'everything we sell is great' sort of way. Nirav had been exposed to some rather shoddy candy as a result of that kind of attitude over the years. A particularly bad batch of fudge came to mind.

spaceHe shrugged amicably at the man's question. "I think I'll pass on the pastries for now," he said, smiling apologetically. "Not much for that sort of thing. Or, I am, but I prefer candy to pastries and baked goods. Taffy's my favorite, but I like most anything, as long as it's not bitter. I'm not big on bitter." Another reason he and his ex-wife were divorced, he thought with some amusement. Of all the sweets she could actually stand, her favorite was very dark, very bitter chocolate. "I'd ask about the taffy selection, but I know if I go there first, I won't buy anything else," he said with a faint chuckle. "Hm... Chocolate, though? My daughter's more of a chocolate person." But not dark chocolate, thank the stars. She liked good old milk chocolate. And if she did eat dark chocolate, it was at least mild. Not the black tar Jaya preferred. "Ah, my name is Nirav, by the way. I suppose it'd be awkward for you not to know that, if you're going to help me."

xxxxxxxxxxxx lιĸe a мιllιon ѕ υ n ѕ and c a l l ѕ мe on a c r o ѕ ѕ тнe υ n ι v e r ѕ e

User Image

xx» «xx
                                                          xx» oυт oғ cнaracтer «xx
                                                          speak now

Yukina101

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 8:14 pm

User Image
User Image

→Ciaran nodded to the man's refusal of pastries in order to focus more on the candy aspect. He blinked when he mentioned that his favorite was taffy, he sorta saw him as a caramel sort of man-the sweets goddammit!-but could see his reasoning since he seemed to just enjoy sweets. He chuckled with him at his admittance and was pleasantly surprised that he mentioned his daughter when he asked to go looking at the chocolates. He couldn't really explain why he was surprised or why it was pleasant so he was just going to tuck that in the back of his mind until later. The baker blinked again, and slower, as the man actually introduced himself explaining that it would be awkward not to. Maybe for him, Ciaran had been perfectly happy making awkward blunders without the knowledge of a name thanks. "I's nice ta meet ye Nirav, I'm Ciaran yer helpful hobbit." he told him with a impish grin before stepping off his stool. "I's interestin' t'at you mention chocolate since I jus' finished up a batch o' white chocolate a few hours ago. Unless she prefers milk o' dark, in which case I go' t'at too." he told him with a amused smirk flourishing towards his counter of chocolate slabs, bars, and actual bricks. "I rat'er go' into a mold craze. When I ge' bored I star' lookin' to make stuff more interestin', even stuff t'ats interestin' enough, and I go' the idea durin' last Valentine's Day ta make chocolate roses an' then I started doin' daisies, lilies, violets, posies, bouquets, teddy bears, hearts, even anatomically correct ones!" Ciaran pointed out a jar that held individually wrapped dark chocolates made in the shape of the human heart. "My younges' son had ta help me wit' those before I go' t'e hang of them." He then realized that he had once again spoken too much too soon and had probably more than creeped out this man by pointing out that "hey, I make chocolates that look like your heart, yum!" which totally didn't scream "I probably have torture dungeon below the kitchen!" He groaned softly and rubbed his hands over his face. "I'msososorry, you probably think I'm some sorta crazy murderin' loon an' I wouldn' blame you." Ciaran said through his fingers refusing to look at his customer. 'Ugghhhh ******** hell Adam what is taking you so long?!'

Cara MiaKitty

'Til the love runs out

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 10:01 pm
User Image

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xx» wнere «xx
xxxCandy Shop
xxxxxxxx» wιтн «xx
xxxxxxxxxCiaran
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxHappy

spaceNirav blinked oddly at the Irishman, confused. "Hobbit?" he asked curiously. He knew that Tolkien hobbits, the most famous kind, liked to cook and eat, so perhaps that was the connection? It was obviously a joke, but it went right over his head. "Ah, it's nice to meet you, as well." The confusion was forgotten about, however, at the mention of almost-fresh chocolate. His smile grew. "Her favorite is milk chocolate, but she likes white almost as much," he replied cheerfully. He followed Ciaran to the counter, eyeing the chocolate with an almost childlike level of enthusiasm.

spaceHe looked over the various different molded chocolates, faintly impressed. The workmanship was rather good. "Did you make the actual molds yourself?" he asked curiously. He supposed, though, that if the man's son had to help with them, that meant the answer was yes. His eyes widened on the hearts, the actual hearts, and he got down to look at them more closely. "They're very impressive," he said. "I haven't seen that before... Though I do wonder why not. It seems like something someone would've thought of by now."

spaceHis spine abruptly straightened when Ciaran began apologizing, confusion returning. Wait, what? Murdering loon? "What, because of these?" he asked, indicating the jar with his thumb. "If that makes you a murdering loon, I worry for Anandi. My daughter. She would love these." He laughed faintly, trying to put the other man at ease. "If you told me they were made with real hearts I might question things. Or blood-infused chocolate. Though I suppose there'd be a market for that." This last bit was said with a thoughtful tone. Being a night owl, Nirav got (jokingly) accused of being a vampire a lot. He'd been given a pack of blood pops for his birthday one year by his eldest brother, which only reminded him that there were actual vampires out there in the world. Vampires who would probably like blood-infused chocolate, he'd wager. Was that a thing? ... He wouldn't lie, he'd tried the blood pops out of sheer curiosity. Not his cup of tea by a long shot, but he'd be lying if he said he wouldn't try the chocolate as well. Provided the source of the blood could be verified as legal and safe.

User Image

xx» «xx
                                                          xx» oυт oғ cнaracтer «xx
                                                          speak now

Yukina101

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 11:24 pm

User Image
User Image

→Ciaran couldn't believe that not only had Nirav not gone running for the hills or at least the local authorities but that he was actually complimenting him. Them. The chocolates, obviously. "T-t'ank you. An' yeah, I did t'e molds myself. Took forever for the lily if ya coul' believe." he admitted with an odd sounding giggle. Maybe because he was still talking through his hands. He quickly lowered them but still avoided looking directly at his customer with another muttered apology. He did however swing his head up and look over at him so quickly he feared he might've snapped his neck when Nirav mentioned that his daughter would actually enjoy the heart chocolates. And then went on a tiny ramble about blood infused chocolates. Huh, that wasn't actually a bad idea. It would be a challenge and it would open up a new market of customers. He'd have to bookmark that idea for later. "Well no' those probably because t'ey're dark chocolate an' you said she prefers milk o' white yeah?" Ciaran remarked with a small smile. He grabbed a small sample bag from the shelf beside him and plucked three milk chocolate hearts from their container and wrapped it up before presenting it to the man. "A small token o' my appreciation fer no' runnin' fer t'e hills an' callin' the guards on me." he told him with a slight self-depreciating chuckle.

Of course it would be at that exact moment that Adam decided to grace the store with his presence nearly bent in half as he tried to catch his breath from running from who knows where. "Sorry...Mr.B-b-blake! I wos...it wos....my bike chain....no time..." Ciaran completely ignored his excuses and made his way into the kitchen to grab a small bottle water before quickly returning and pressing it into the hands of the young man. "Calm down t'ere before you lose the res' of t'e air in yer body! Ya could've jus' called ahead if ya know, if ya knew you were gonna be late." he very lightly chastised fanning the boy trying to lessen the red flush on his cheeks. When the color brightened and surged to his ears he chuckled figuring it out. "Ya forgo' yer cell again didn' ya?" When he heard the tell-tale mumble of "it died" he merely launched into giggles and gave the poor boy a comforting pat on his back.

"Go on t'en and get yerself cleaned up in t'e back. Yer lucky, no one's bough' anyt'in' ye' an I'm dealin' with a customer a' t'e momen'." Ciaran watched the boys eyes roam over the store before zeroing in on Nirav and narrowed them when a small smirk worked its way over his still too-pink-for-his-comfort face. "Well I wouldn't want to get in the middle of that." Adam told him cheekily as the baker sputtered at the sheer audacity and couldn't even come up with a decent retort before the university student had left him to get suited up for work. Which left him virtually alone back with Nirav. Which was fine! Super fine. Thesituationthatis. JesusMaryandJoseph he needed a drink and a tart. A fruit tart! A STRAWBERRY TART. Ciaran groaned again and furiously pressed the heels of his hand into his eyes. Was today somehow "******** with Ciaran's Mind Day" and he had just missed the memo? Thinking he couldn't look any crazier than he already was, he made his way back over to Nirav with a small apologetic grin. "Sorry abou' t'at. He's a bit uh, high strung." he apologized trying to find the right words. "So! Abou' t'at chocolate! O' was i' t'e taffy you're wantin' ta see next?" Ciaran asked with a conspirator smirk. ←

Cara MiaKitty

'Til the love runs out

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2016 8:43 pm
User Image

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xx» wнere «xx
xxxCandy Shop
xxxxxxxx» wιтн «xx
xxxxxxxxxCiaran
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxHappy

spaceNirav made a small hum of appreciation when Ciaran said he'd made the molds himself. "They're very impressive," he repeated, leaning in to take a closer look and admire the fine details. He could see why the lily would've taken a long time. He couldn't imagine how difficult the more complex flowers had been. He almost missed the comment regarding the hearts being dark chocolate, and straightened, blinking for a moment before the words registered. "Oh! Yes, I just meant she'd appreciate the humor in it," he replied with a smile. "She's not a fan of dark chocolate, no. She'll eat it, but only if her mother buys it for her. Jaya's the dark chocolate lover." He gave a small, somewhat dramatic shudder. "Personally can't stand the stuff, no offense." Ciaran being the owner of a candy shop (by now Nirav assumed that was the case), he supposed he might take offense to such a remark anyway. Some people seemed to think that dark chocolate was somehow superior to milk or white, something he'd never agreed with. Ciaran could be one of those people, though. Then again, he couldn't possibly like every single sort of candy, could he? Nirav's sweet tooth was rather oversized, but even he had limits. The main one being dark chocolate.

spaceHe took the offering with a look of faint confusion. "Appreciation?" he asked. When it dawned, he shook his head. "Oh! No, that's not necessary," he said insistently. This was the man's livelihood, after all. Belatedly, he recalled that there'd been mention of samples, though. His cheeks colored faintly, but he didn't say anything. It's not like he could take it back and say, 'never mind give me the free stuff'. It would be rude.

spaceHe didn't have a chance, regardless. Before he could've said anything if he'd even wanted to, a young man burst through the door, uttering an out-of-breath apology to Ciaran. Nirav took a step back and began examining an assortment of candies in the case next to him, trying to stay out of the conversation. However, as close as he was, he couldn't help but overhear things. He glanced up and gave a small smile and wave when the young man was informed that he had a customer, then puzzled over the tone in the man's voice when he responded. It felt like he was missing something. But, again, rude to ask, so he didn't.

space"Ah, no worries," he said in response to the apology. "But, um, yes! The chocolate! Anandi prefers milk chocolate, and I'm spoiling her a little bit... And, uh, then the taffy, yes. What flavors do you have?" If he were honest, Anandi wouldn't get all the chocolate he bought. He'd have to try a piece or two, obviously. But he'd be nice and share the taffy, if she wanted any. She probably wouldn't, though. No one ever wanted his taffy, something which utterly baffled him, but he was grateful for it. It meant that he never had to worry about going to grab a piece to find it gone.

User Image

xx» «xx
                                                          xx» oυт oғ cнaracтer «xx
                                                          speak now

Yukina101

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2016 10:35 pm

User Image
User Image

→Ciaran tried to ignore the feel of his heart dropping straight into the depths of his lower intestine as Nirav mentioned his daughter's mother so fondly because that would be weird. And rude. He couldn't expect every good looking close to his age male that walked into his store to be gay or at the very least bisexual. And worse, he couldn't expect every good looking close to his age male that walked into his store to be gay, bisexual and single. He swore he never noticed the gay scene in Kenmare until after his divorce, then it seemed like every gay male born after nineteen-eighty was in a happy monogamous relationship and just flaunting it in his face. He even did a wedding cake once! It took him a week three bottles of bourbon and nearly hourly firecalls to Amata but he had done it! He shook his head and all but forced the small bag of samples into the man's hand and nearly melted onto the floor as he noticed the man actually blushed. It was a sin, he was sure. If he read through all the bible he was sure one of the commandments was "Attractive males doth not blush" or whatever random dialect the holy thing was written in. Not like he ever paid attention. There was always one older alter boy that caught his eye... Ciaran was thankfully snapped back into the present by Nirav agreeing upon the chocolates and asking about the flavors of taffy while out the corner of his eye he spotted Adam returning to the cashier desk with his uniformed apron and looking decidedly more put together. "Well ain' you a sweet da. We can bag up more o' t'e chocolate hearts if ya wan' o' maybe jus' a few o' t'e bars, w'ichever you prefer." He gave a tiny shrug, personally he preferred white chocolate to anything or even better chocolate with nuts mixed in but he was afraid to offer in case the daughter had an allergy.

"As for taffy, we have jus' abou' any flavor you coul' think ta try." Ciaran led the man over to an apposite counter that was covered in various jars of uncut taffy with their flavors labeled on them. "T'ere's t'e standar' strawberry, blue raspberry, grape, lemon, yaddayadda. T'en t'ere's fusions like strawberry banana, peach mango, orange sherbet, I even gotta 'sortmen' o' coffee flavored ones. Big hit wit' firs' time mums an' studen's wantin' ta do all nighters. Adam sure buys enough o' t'e stuff." he mentioned picking up a jar of the individually wrapped coffee collection. Having not heard his customary scoff, he turned to look at the young man before realizing that he wasn't at the counter any longer. And that the small stragglers of customers from earlier had gone leaving just them in the store. Ohboy. Ciaran cleared his throat to try in a vain effort to make himself feel more comfortable while lowering the collection back on its pedestal. "So! Uhm, w'at abou' yer wife? W'at sorta candies does she prefer?" he asked in honest curiosity and not so he could suddenly start hating those candies. God if he wasn't careful he'd turn as batty as his mum sending off Irish curses to whatever foddy cut her off in traffic. He should just be happy there's honest men like Nirav in the world that were sweet enough to buy chocolates and candies for the women in his life and not thinking of ways that maybe his wife could tragically leave him and he would have to take comfort in Ciaran's arms. Nope. Perish the thought.←

Cara MiaKitty

'Til the love runs out

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2016 8:38 pm
User Image

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xx» wнere «xx
xxxCandy Shop
xxxxxxxx» wιтн «xx
xxxxxxxxxCiaran
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxHappy

spaceNirav, personally, didn't understand why he was a sweet father. Or, well, he knew various reasons he was, but buying his daughter chocolate wasn't on the the list. Didn't all parents do that? He'd been accused of spoiling his daughter somewhat (hell, the whole family had), but buying candy wasn't something he considered spoiling. It was just something he did. He liked candy, so he bought a lot. It'd be unfair to buy a ton for himself and not Anandi, wouldn't it? Eating candy in front of a child when she didn't get to have any seemed cruel. Torturous, even. His cheeks colored again, and he smiled. "The hearts, please. She'll love them." Briefly, he debating getting a few of the dark for Jaya, but decided against it. She was out of the country, off doing who knows what, and he had no clue when she'd be back, or where exactly she was. No sense buying chocolate that would sit about for who knows how long. He could always come back and buy her some next time she was in the UK.

spaceHe followed Ciaran towards the taffy selection, humming appreciatively at the colorful candies. "Would you judge me if I asked for a few pieces of each?" he asked, looking sheepish. The coffee, he would admit, he found somewhat intriguing. "Is there actual caffeine in them, then?" he asked, looking hard at the jar, as if he could acquire the answer just by looking at it. "I might actually find that useful as well. I'm an astronomer. A lot of late nights for me, on top of taking care of my daughter." He chuckled faintly. He couldn't count the number of times he'd sat down on the couch while something simmered on the stove, only to be woken up much later by a distraught child telling him he'd burned dinner. Again.

spaceNirav blinked owlishly when Ciaran asked about his wife. "Just dark chocolate," he said, "And it's ex-wife, actually. We divorced a few years ago... It wasn't anything dramatic, she just... felt like she'd settled too soon, I suppose? I didn't quite understand it, but we were better friends than anything else." He always felt the need to give excessive details when talking about Jaya with others. Being friends with your ex was apparently strange. Most people were utterly baffled that he still considered Jaya his best friend. To be fair, he didn't have many friends period. He mostly had family. And Jaya, who had once been family but was now his ex, and still his best friend. "We get on swimmingly, she just has a bit of wanderlust. Both in regards to her location and her... uh... romantic partners." Sometimes, he wondered if he should've gone on with her suggestion of an open marriage. But, given how easily he'd adjusted to no longer being involved with her, he didn't figure it mattered much. He loved her, but he wasn't sure he was necessarily in love with her, or had ever really been. They'd married out of a sense of kinship and a desire for family more than anything else, after all. And besides... he liked dating, but he didn't want to date while he was married. His family was traditional enough that it felt wrong.

User Image

xx» «xx
                                                          xx» oυт oғ cнaracтer «xx
                                                          speak now

Yukina101

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2016 9:51 pm

User Image
User Image

→Ciaran had figured the man would decide upon the hearts since hearing how excited he seemed to show his daughter and so asked Adam to please wrap up a small box of them. He just laughed as Nirav asked if he would be judged for wanting a sample of each taffy for his purchase. "Be like t'e po' callin' t'e kettle black if I did." he told him in between snickers. At his second question and subsequent explanation he just nodded with a bit of amazement having never actually met an astronomer before outside of Hogwarts. Or rather, not knowingly having met one. "Yeah, though t'ey each go' dif'ren' amoun's o' caffeine in t'em. T'is one here only has ten percen', more o' like an extra sugar rush really," he informed him pointing to one container labeled "Tepid Brew," "while t'is one has abou' t'e same amoun' o' caffeine as an espresso." this time pointing to one labled "Wide Awake." "Tha's t'e one I'd suspect you'd wan' with your schedule an' all." Ciaran suggested with a small shrug.

He tried not to show any of his ranging emotions when Nirav answered his earlier question over what his wife apparently flavored (he most certainly did not cut a glare over towards his dark selection, not at all) before blinking in surprise as he corrected him by saying "ex-wife." And he definitely did not hear a muted hallelujah chorus in his head at that announcement. Nope because that would be weird. And rude. And horribly forward. "I'm s-sorry fer assumin' ot'erwise. I'm divorced too, though I wasn' as lucky as you were." he told him with a harsh chuckle. That was the understatement of the century. Had he known where his ex-husband actually was since hearing that he'd long left the Lowery estate, he was pretty sure he'd actually take Jason's offer to send random horrific plants to him through the mail. Or worse probably end up sending one of his hundreds of letters varying from poisonous hate to weepy tear filled pleas and one he actually had to burn in case one of his family found filled with apologies. It had taken him a while to know and understand, probably longer than it should've taken but he never did things the normal way anyway, that nothing that happened with Aedan was remotely his fault. And if that took him two years, a few generous bottles of whiskey, and a gang up of nearly his entire family than so be it.

Still, he couldn't help but feel a tad jealous that Nirav obviously still felt such kinship with his ex that he could speak of her so fondly. That jealously was more for the kinship rather than the fondness goddammit and he was sticking to it. At his admittance that his ex-wife was a bit of a free spirit when it came to her roaming, Ciaran pinked a bit. More so from the thought that he couldn't even remember the last time he had actually had sex than the idea that there was a free woman jumping bed to bed. Oh the horror. Someone call the puritan police. "Ah, well, I'm happy t'e both of you split on such pleasan' terms." was all he offered with a slightly strained smile. She had probably been at all the meetings and the custody hearing too. She probably even made an effort to connect and contact her single child. He really shouldn't be going down this road of thought, it'd been almost six months since he'd had his last Aedan crack-up and he'd rather not ruin the progress. "So! Uhm, if you were serious abou' a bi' o' each, I'll jus' ge' i' ready for ya." He gave him another cheery grin though a bit dimmer than earlier ones as he grabbed several bags to keep each taffy separate along with his specialized taffy cutter. Expertly he pulled a rope of the taffy out of the jar and quickly cut a little more than half a foot from it, wrapped it in a small bit of cellophane before placing it in the bag before doing it twice more for the one jar then continuing to the others. ←

Cara MiaKitty

'Til the love runs out

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2016 9:54 pm
User Image

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xx» wнere «xx
xxxCandy Shop
xxxxxxxx» wιтн «xx
xxxxxxxxxCiaran
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxHappy

spaceNirav smiled sheepishly, wondering if he were that obvious. Did he have dark circles under his eyes? Anandi thought they were a permanent facial feature at this point, or so she claimed. He hadn't thought he looked all that tired today, but perhaps he was just being hopeful. "I'd wager you're right about that," he chuckled, shaking his head. "Though I might end up eating so much it kills me."

spaceEven he wasn't oblivious not to notice the shift in the other man's mood. Guilt settled in his chest, and he frowned, looking somewhat ashamed. Of course, he hadn't known Ciaran was divorced, but he couldn't help but feel bad that he'd obviously hit a nerve. "I am so, so, terribly sorry," he began, obviously flustered. "I didn't mean- Just, people tend to think it's odd, that I talk about Jaya so fondly, so I've often felt the need to explain things, and..." He trailed off, thinking he was only making things worse. "I'm sorry. I know most people... divorce isn't usually so, um. Not pleasant, but... uh..." He sighed, hands covering his face. "I'm sorry, I'll shut up now."

spaceWhen Ciaran offered to begin packaging up his order, obviously eager to avoid him, he found himself questioning if he should just leave. But, then, he'd wasted the man's time in addition to upsetting him, so it'd probably be rude not to spend any money. It'd be a shame, though, if he turned out to like the chocolate and taffy, because he was pretty sure he wouldn't be a welcome sight in the establishment ever again. "Uh, thank you for your help," he said. He didn't like that he'd set things so off course. They'd had a nice sort of banter going, and of course he'd managed to throw it off. Awkward thing that he was, he was rubbish at gauging people's lack of comfort until they were obviously distressed. He sighed, wanting to apologize again, but feeling like at this point it was moot.

User Image

xx» «xx
                                                          xx» oυт oғ cнaracтer «xx
                                                          speak now

Yukina101

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2016 5:07 pm

User Image
User Image

→Ciaran felt guilty for obviously making the man uncomfortable with his reaction to his divorce. He really should be over it by now, it had been nearly five years after all, but five years compared to the twenty he had spent in Aedan's company seemed rather paltry. And then he had to account just how long it had been since he'd been in the company of a single male around his age who wasn't either family or a close family friend and it was a wonder he hadn't melted into a pile of goo and hormones from the faintest whiff of cologne. Though he didn't think Nirav was wearing any which was of course terrible because it meant he naturally just smelt wonderful and who they hell just naturally smells and handsome as they look? Gods above he needed to get a hold of himself before he cut himself and bled on the taffy which would be horrid for two reasons; he'd have bled on his stock and would have to close and sanitize everything and he would've made a complete fool of himself in front of his very nice very handsome very single (if one discounted the friendly ex-wife) male customer.

He looked up for a brief moment noticing that Nirav had covered his face with his hands and was looking positively distressed and hoped it wasn't about him. It wasn't his fault he couldn't completely let go of the past and he ignored the cackling voice in the back of his mind that suspiciously sounded like Amata that said that the other man could be a positive part of his future. Worst. Friend. Ever. "No! Nono you're fine! You can keep talkin' I don' mind listenin' to your vo-talks!" Ciaran blushed heavily and kept his face and his focus down on the taffy he was cutting.

Once the last bits had been cut, wrapped, and labeled, he bundled them all in a large box with a handle for easier care. Hearing his thank you sound so despondent made him feel more of his earlier guilt. "'S no problem, i' was my pleasure actually." he told him with a grin hoping his flush wasn't still prominent. "Um, I can help rin' you up if you uh, have ot'er places to be." he said awkwardly fiddling aimlessly with a taffy bag. He caught Adam's eye for brief moment and his own widened when he saw he was making motions for him to ask for his number. That cheeky brat, he was so getting mop duty tonight. ←

Cara MiaKitty

'Til the love runs out

Shopping in the UK

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas