Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply [IC] Ela'wadiyi Lands
[Round 1] Bahati x Chidambar Kalyani

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit
Epine de Rose generated a random number between 1 and 6 ... 2!

Epine de Rose

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 12:38 pm
User Image
She hadn't been terribly lucky last festival, if anything she had been a little unprepared. However, life in the Ela had slowly but surely brought her out of her shell and the longer she was around her new pride, the more confident she grew. This year, she felt a little better, a little more secure and a lot braver... She might not win this year, but she was going to have more fun than she did the last time!

She was stronger now, a little bulkier, and as such she would be able to punch a bit more above her weight.

...At least, this was what the lioness was hoping as she sized up her opponent. Whether she cared to admit it or not she would always be daunted by these types of scenarios, but if she didn't try new things, she would never know what she could do. Thus, it was up to her to see how well she did against Chidambar - if she didn't win then alas, but if she did? Woohoo, a celebration before she tried again.

She'd think positive thoughts though, the Ela weren't poor sportsmen.

Chi Sohma
I figured I would get this started for us so you can kick poor Bahati's fluffy butt! xD

Chi Sohma generated a random number between 1 and 6 ... 3!
PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 10:52 pm
User Image

He wasn't at all big, not like his siblings. Instead, he was the size of a large female with a heart just as tender and sweet as one. Instead of being bold, he was shy and studied hard. This year, he wanted to prove himself. After losing the love of his life to someone else, he was determined to prove himself, not only to his family but to himself that he could be a male that a female would want to protect them. He recorded, and sought knowledge- that was his strength, not his bronze that mainly made up this ceremony he had studied and learned for years.

"Bahati." He remembered learning about her from the last tournament, the one he was too scared to attend.
"I wish you the best of luck, it is an honor to spar with you." Bowing his head completely to the front of his paws.

Although this ceremony was upheld for many generations, he was not a fan of sparring with ladies, he always held himself strict with protecting them, Wa...protected him. Maybe that was what ended their relationship, but this year- was a new him, and he wanted to show everyone!

Waiting for her to strike first, was the only way he could maybe bypass his own moral code to compete in this tournament.

Epine de Rose
Finishing up the end of the semester projects, forgive me for the lateness1
Also, Chida is a pushover- so I wish Bahati the best!

Chi Sohma

Married Unicorn

8,225 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200
Epine de Rose generated a random number between 1 and 3 ... 3!

Epine de Rose

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 2:00 am
Her opponent came across as rather unassuming and far less intimidating than she had expected. This wasn't an insult to him, on the contrary it was a compliment, as it was rare that she found anyone approachable. Chida, despite being somewhat bigger than her, had the type of expression on his maw that indicated that regardless of the outcome... he wasn't going to kill her.

A gentle giant as it were.

His politeness gave her the confidence to step forward, and as he had decided that he would sooner she make the first move (so that he could settle his own conscience!), she made it. Finding her feet, the black lioness bounded forwards towards him, and using the tactics she often used to capture first rodents, she made to pounce at him.

Admittedly he was significantly larger than a small rodent, so it was almost a given that she hit him!

Chi Sohma
I guess they're both tiny tots lol, at least Bahati has an even opponent this time? *Grin*

I have no idea if I'm doing this duel right btw, so if you spot anything wrong with it yell at me.

Chi Sohma generated a random number between 1 and 3 ... 3!
PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 5:34 pm
User Image

At this point, he hoped that she agreed on a fight worth having. When she circled like he saw many lioness do before a leap, he documented her movements like a script. As soon as her leap was about to hit- he instinctively turned his body and guided her body in to the ground (counting this as his first hit). A dodge to get out of the way and with that- he lowered and skidded to the side. His body readying up for another attack from her. Seeing how her body moved, the way her muscles were and watching out for places where she may step more carefully in any vulnerability.

Pure bronze, was not his strong suit, but that wouldn't stop him from displaying what he had strength in, the mind.

Epine de Rose
Yesh! If you see that my hits or whatever don't add up, please tell me!

Chi Sohma

Married Unicorn

8,225 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200
Epine de Rose generated a random number between 1 and 3 ... 1!

Epine de Rose

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 8:23 am
Rodents couldn't flip her over and toss her aside... but lions certainly could.

Chida had performed his counter to perfection, and as he had flipped her over and deflected her pounce with an attack of his own, she sailed through the air in a manner that the vast majority of cubs would have been envious. Unfortunately for Bahati, this was a scenario that she had the pleasure of practicing, and as such she couldn't recover in ample time to regain her footing in an immediate sense.

Instead, she landed with a bump and tumbled a little ways. Dazed, she swayed to and fro until she was at last able to regain her bearings. It was with a rather dramatic shake of her head that she did eventually clear her vision and hopped back onto her paws.

Squaring up, she gave herself another shake and then peered directly at the lion. All in all he seemed the sort to rebound attacks rather than to commit to any himself, in the back of her mind she appreciated that this was smart... But it didn't stop her bounding forward towards him.

Alas, she hadn't quite accounted for the fact that being still, and movement, were two very different things and she unceremoniously stumbled passed him, missing him by a rather large margin...

Chi Sohma
Last time I did this it was incomplete so I'll record it here so we can keep track?

Bahati: Hit, Miss
Chida: Hit, ?

Chi Sohma generated a random number between 1 and 3 ... 1!
PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 9:15 am
User Image When she missed, he pushed back and circled. It wasn't exactly what he had hoped for. He guessed maybe he should try attacking but even the thought made his stomach turn. When she failed at her attempt, he went for an attack, the first he ever had done not in hunt and missed terribly! He was only seconds from her! Taking a swipe but he miss calculated the speed of which she was moving, thinking she would have jumped back. Immediately he tucked his head in and side rolled away. Lowering his body and readying up for another attack of hers. Maybe it was better to use her body against her, defensive was his only way of survival!

Epine de Rose
Tag! aND THANK you for keeping track!

Chi Sohma

Married Unicorn

8,225 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200
Epine de Rose generated a random number between 1 and 3 ... 2!

Epine de Rose

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 7:09 am
They...They were both as bad as each other, surely any on lookers would have been rolling their eyes at the pair of them!

Still, as he missed her by a second or so and rolled away, she did skid to a halt and once again tested her footing. At this point she was fairly certain that she wasn't dazed anymore. With her legs less wobbly, she elected to not waste any further time and as he was recovering from his roll...he would feel the light pressure of the black lioness as she pounced on top of him again.

Once a rodent hunter, always a rodent hunter..?

Chi Sohma
Bahati: Hit, Miss, Hit
Chida: Hit, Miss, ?

Chi Sohma generated a random number between 1 and 3 ... 1!
PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 7:29 am
User Image

When he was about to dodge again when she leaped and took him much to his miscalculation. He tried to thrash her out, but instead he smashed his forehead in to the ground and wobbled about in a daze for a few moments. Disorientated but refusing to go down. He roared, which was odd for him to do in the first place, like a battle cry.

Rearing his hind legs back, to try and shake her off.

Epine de Rose
Sorry for lateness!

Chi Sohma

Married Unicorn

8,225 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200
Epine de Rose generated a random number between 1 and 3 ... 2!

Epine de Rose

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 1:35 pm
She wasn't coming off.

Those she was careful not to leave lasting damage, the lioness clung to his fur and dug her claws in just a little deeper. Now she had him in her grasp, she was slowly edging her way up to wrap her 'arms' around his neck. For all intents and purposes she had him - short of rolling over and squashing her, there didn't seem a way to get the little huntress to come off!

Thus she stuck to him like glue, waiting patiently for when it was safe to edge ever closer to where she needed to be. That being said, the roar did give her a bit of a scare and he would hear the squeak of surprise without much difficulty!

Chi Sohma

Bahati: Hit - Miss - Hit - Hit
Chida: Hit - Miss - Miss - Fin?

Since you won by default due to the time limits you can roll over her and smoosh her for the win anyway. xD

[IC] Ela'wadiyi Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games