Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply [IC] Ela'wadiyi Lands
[Round 1] Raphael Ansoomse vs. Nilima Naira

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit
Ctrl F Greenie generated a random number between 1 and 6 ... 5!

Ctrl F Greenie
Crew

Colorful Waffles

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 7:29 pm
User Image

Raphael had entered on a whim, to win would be something and though he hoped for the best to come out of this opportunity he hadn't expected to be put against the defending champion so soon. The dark lion had to chuckle at his luck for if he had anything it was certainly a sense of humor - still he would take this seriously.

"Nilima Naira." He greeted with a warm grin. "I suppose I'm put against yourself, go easy on me." Raph's grin became a smile at his banter. He hoped that his joking wouldn't be taken as a weakness.

The thought was gone in moments, he was here - he hoped he could prove himself, for his clan.

magnadearel
I figured I could get this set up for us. <3

magnadearel generated a random number between 1 and 6 ... 5!
PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 8:19 pm
Mysses Greenie

User Image

Has it truly already been a year?

Time had seemed to fly. Now it was time for her to put aside her champion gear, and try to earn it again. Nilima stepped up for her round. She smiled at the lion that greeted her. "Greetings. I'm afraid I'm at a disadvantage since I don't know your name."

The lioness chuckled as he requested she go easy on him. "Only if you'll go gently on me!" The first time she'd only entered for fun. Never had she dreamed she'd ever take the title of champion. This time would be no different. Nilima intended to enjoy herself completely win or lose.

magnadearel

Ctrl F Greenie generated a random number between 1 and 6 ... 2!

Ctrl F Greenie
Crew

Colorful Waffles

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 8:23 pm
"My gosh."

He hadn't really given it much thought, but of course she wouldn't know his name - of his own fault. "Raphael, Raphael Ansoomse." He smiled and lowered his head in a form of half bow that was meant to create a more formal greeting.

"Gently on you?" The laugh that erupted was pleasant and friendly. "I'll see what I can do." The tease was real, certainly something he could get used to - somehow he expected things to be much more serious and he was happy to be paired with this lioness for his beginning trial.

magnadearel

magnadearel generated a random number between 1 and 6 ... 1!
PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 8:38 pm
Mysses Greenie

"Raphael, it is surely a pleasure to make your acquaintance. I'm sure this first round will be lively no matter who wins." She returned his bow with amusement.

"This is technically only my second Sky Festival." It was a true miracle she'd won last year. Nilima giggled and batted her eyes at him, in an obviously playful coy move. "Oh thank you!" She wasn't serious in her flirt, and it was obvious. It was just two lions having a fun time.

magnadearel

Ctrl F Greenie generated a random number between 1 and 3 ... 3!

Ctrl F Greenie
Crew

Colorful Waffles

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 8:44 pm
"Pleasure is mine." The perfect gentleman - he was sure to make his parents proud with that display. "You're probably right about that, it's anyone's round. Good luck to you." He extended a paw in a way of solidifying his luck statement.

"Second? Well, let's see how it goes then, perhaps I will be the one to have to be gentle." Another laugh bellowed from the lion before he backed away a touch to get a read on the situation.

Let the ceremony begin..

The words he cited to himself before taking the opportunity coming right out of their conversation to begin them off with a first hit - a solid paw swipe towards her shoulder/chest area that had definitely made contact - the pride he felt in himself was incredible.

He was happy to be here.

magnadearel

magnadearel generated a random number between 1 and 3 ... 2!
PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 8:55 pm
Mysses Greenie

She giggled at his gallantry. It was nice and refreshing. She really should mingle with other clans more often.

It's time. She moved back as he did and settled herself into the mindset to take him on. Nilima sized him up with her eyes. Bigger than herself with more mass. She'd have to watch out for bull headed rushes if he employed those.

They came together and she felt the large paw deliver a solid hit to her chest. It knocked the wind from her, but she wasn't going to let that stop her. Nilima gasped and took her own swipe at his off front leg.

magnadearel

Ctrl F Greenie generated a random number between 1 and 3 ... 3!

Ctrl F Greenie
Crew

Colorful Waffles

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 9:19 pm
It felt amazing! That first connection he'd made - so this was what it was like to compete. Even if he found himself out of the round by the end he would be proud to have tried.

The feeling was lost all to soon and suddenly he felt his foreleg sting in a way he'd never imagined. He lifted his head and came eye to eye with his competitor, the previous champion - of course her first shot wouldn't miss and would feel like a thick branch beating him.

Not letting himself fall from momentum he lifted his opposite foreleg, aiming for her own foreleg to leave himself the chance for balancing should his other leg want to give free, so far their faces had been left free from harm - he was thankful for that.

magnadearel

magnadearel generated a random number between 1 and 3 ... 3!
PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 9:50 pm
Mysses Greenie

Her strike was true, if maybe not as hard as she would have liked. Nilima grinned at him as blue eye met blue eye. This wasn't over yet!

He turned her tactic on her and went for her foreleg, getting in another good solid strike. Not bad. She was tired of this flailing around at each other though. The lioness lowered her head and hoped that he was off balance enough as she gave a hard shove into his raised chest.

magnadearel

Ctrl F Greenie generated a random number between 1 and 3 ... 2!

Ctrl F Greenie
Crew

Colorful Waffles

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 10:05 pm
Finding some footing as quickly as he could he was still caught off guard.. perhaps I ought to get some training ..would have been a more brilliant idea if he had had it before the event - and the Sky Clan was known for their brilliance. Raph scoffed at his own negative poke at himself.

Thoughts and footing rocked him as he felt the collision of his competitor - he got lucky and gave some push back hoping to successfully get his stance back as well as possible topple her. If this went the way he hoped he'd have the chance to pin her.

Adrenaline pumped through him as he got excited about the prospect of a chance at.. winning!

magnadearel

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 10:36 pm
Mysses Greenie

For a moment he seemed distracted from the fight. Nilima felt hope flare that she might take him down. She felt him give a tiny bit of ground as she pushed. Then his mass came bearing down upon her. Her footing slid right out from under her and the lioness faceplanted, ending the match.

Nilima went limp with defeat. No second year as champion and she knew it. The tan lioness heaved herself to her feet. "Good match Raphael. I'll be watching you."

magnadearel

Ctrl F Greenie
Crew

Colorful Waffles

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 10:37 pm
All in one fell swoop he felt on top of the world and lost. The feeling of her body going limp was a shock he didn't expect. He pulled himself free from their entangled mess and pulled himself to his feet.

"Good match." He returned to her, a smile on his maw. "I'll be happy to know you're watching."

With that he took his leave.

[Fin~]

[IC] Ela'wadiyi Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces