User ImageDeker was frustrated, things were the way he wanted them to in the colony. He had wanted to show the colony how things should be and get the colony to a stay of glory that it deserved. But it seemed like many of the colony were resistant to his leadership. Of course his cubs all wondering of while playing hide and go seek and getting lost didn’t exactly look too favourable for him either. He let out a great sigh. He needed to figure out how to go about getting back in good graces and get the colony back in shape. First off possibly was talking to his cubs and letting them know that they way they behaved and acted reflected on their mother and more importantly him. Deker had no feelings one way or another towards the cubs mother but he certainly didn’t want her to appear poorly in the pride’s eye as that too could come back to him. There were so many things that needed to be considered when you were the leader and in the public eye everything he did was up to scrutiny it wasn’t easy. First thing first though he needed to find his cubs anyone of them would do at this point.

Plomme was taking it easy. Ever since the hide and go seek debacle he had decided to stay close to the center of the pride. He didn’t want to end up out in the forest again and anyone to think he was lost. He knew that his father wasn’t overly pleased with the events of that day and there was nothing Plomme wanted more than his father’s approval and it wasn’t something that was easily got as far as the young cub could tell. Letting out a sigh Plomme scanned the area around him. He was settled in a low branch of a tree in the jungle. He liked to be up off the ground but wasn’t interested in being too high. From here he had a good vantage point and was able to see his father coming. He perked his ears paying attention to the adults movement wondering what his father was up to.

It didn’t take long for Deker to spot one of his sons up in a tree. Deker couldn’t help but smile when he saw him, as hard as he was on his children he did love them. He wanted the best for them and that's why he needed his cubs to be on their best behaviour so that he would be able to continue rebuilding this colony to greatness.

“Plomme” he called up to his son. “Come down here and speak with me for a moment.” Deker asked of his son. His face wasn’t stern or forceful but it was steady.

Plomme didn’t need to be asked twice, even though his father used a normal voice he knew that telling his father no or taking his time doing so. He moved quickly and made it down to the ground and stood before his father. “Did you need something of me?” he asked in a small inquisitive voice his head cocked to one side. Plomme was always asking questions and wanting to know more about the world.

“I just wanted to speak to you about the other day and your head and go seek game.” Deker did his best to keep his voice level and not to angry but the day still rubbed him the wrong way, things had gotten way out of hand and he had had no choice but to alert the pride to the fact that he had lost his own cubs.

User Image
Plomme swallowed hard, he had known this chat would come but he couldn’t say that he was looking forward to it in anyway, he nodded his head waiting to hear what his father had to say. Afraid he was going to be in a lot of trouble.

Taking a deep breath Deker looked down at the cub, he could tell the cub was already upset and worried. He decided right then not to be too hard on the cub. “I know that you and your siblings were just having fun.” he began. Taking a seat so that he didn’t appear quite so daunting to the smaller leopard. “But what you all did was dangerous. Before you were born the colony was attacked twice… and I am now trying to lead it back to a place where it can function and be safe.” Deker explain, he wondered perhaps if some of this would go over the cub’s head but he opted not to dumb it down at all. His children were smart.

“When you and your siblings got lost in the jungle I had to put the colony on alert, pull resources from other areas to help find you. Not only that but your mother and I were beside ourselves with worry.” he looked down at Plomme his eyes full of meaning. “What you and your siblings do reflects back on me. Can you understand that.”

Plomme didn’t know what to say so he decided to say nothing at all but instead just nodded his head. He had followed along with just about everything his father had said, and he understood that he needed to behave to make his father look good.

“I am glad you understand.” Deker said. “From now on I am hoping I can count on you to be on your best behaviour.” Deker told him with a smile. “Perhaps even I can count on you to be the leader of your siblings, help them make the right decisions.” Deker suggested thinking that Plomme would thrive and enjoy with the extra responsibility.

A large smile split across the cub’s lips, his father had been right Plomme felt entirely honoured to be the one to ‘lead’ his brothers and sisters so to speak. “I can do that for you dad.” he said brightly. He was itching to go now and make good decisions. He was going to make his father look amazing if it was the last thing he did.

Deker could see that the cub wanted to leave now, feeling that he relayed all the things he needed to to the cub Deker dismissed him. “Very good, you may go then.” he said a small smile on his face. He watched the cub scamper off before he continued on, he had things to get done for the colony today after all.