Stats

Stats are a perk that your soquili can earn through dedicated roleplaying. Each soquili starts out with between 4-12% in each stat (strength, courage, speed, intelligence, luck and stamina), which can be increased to a maximum value of 100%. Raising your soquili's stats has two main benefits - it gives them a higher chance of having a third basket in a breeding, and makes them eligible for elderhood.

• How do I get my soquili's base stats?
    You can roll your soquili's base stats in the rolling thread. Once you've finished rolling and assigned each stat's value, you should post in the stat & teepee updates thread, where Theidren, the Teepee Manager, will add them to your teepee.

• What's a teepee and how do I get one?
    Teepees are Soquili's equivalent of journals. The first post is reserved by the soquili~teepees mule in order to house your soquili's stats, and after that you can use them however you please. Some people use them to store information about their soquili, others RP directly in the journals, and some don't use them for anything beyond holding stats. It's 100% up to you how you want to manage your teepee! If you don't have a teepee yet, you should roll stats for your soquili and post in the stat & teepee updates thread using the 'Getting Your First Teepee' form. Your teepee will then be set up by a member of staff.

• My soquili rolled really bad stats, do I have to RP them as being unlucky/weak/etc...?
    No, your soquili's stats do not have to represent how your soquili acts in-character, they are purely an OOC perk. Your soquili can have an Intelligence stat of 4% and still be clever in RP, if that's what you wish!

• How do I raise my soquili's stats?
    Each soquili can earn a 10% increase to each of its stats every month provided that they meet the minimum requirements. These are as follows: 250 words in a single RP. All posts must be timestamped within that month, MST time. If you have met the requirements for stats, simply post in that month's stat log with proof of your RP. Theidren will then check your word count and add your stats for you. This is the main way to gain stats, meaning that it takes on average between 9-10 months of RP to attain maximum stats.

In addition, there are monthly bonus questions that can provide a small boost to each stat. These vary from month to month, and more information about them can be found in the bonus stat thread. Staff may occasionally host a game or contest that also awards stats. These can crop up at any time, and usually involve some sort of RP component to them.

If you have any questions or confusion about stats, please feel free to PM Theidren!