Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Third Year Classes
Defense Against the Dark Arts III ~ *1/5* Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 5:33 pm
When everything turns to black,
You don't know where to go...
You need something to justify your soul.
Silence is broken, confidence is gone;
Everything you're holding onto falls.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
FA N C H O N
M A R I E
C O H E N

Professor of DADA │ Muggleborn │ Haitian

The DADA classroom was in quite the state. For one, the chairs and desks were all floating a few feet off the ground. For another, the room was unnaturally cold, causing breath to fog. And finally, various textbooks and quills and bits of parchment were flying around the room as if posessed. Fanchon sat at her desk, the only one remaining on the ground, and watched cautiously as Jacques leapt from floating seat to floating seat, looking thrilled. When the third years entered, and well, didn't take their seats, she stood up, rubbing her hands together vigorously to warm them up.

"Today you are learning what is known as the general counter-spell. The only reason we wait until third year to teach you this is because you would struggle to master it were you any less experienced. Casting this terminates all spell effects, which means you should always think before throwing this spell around, lest it undo something you cast previously. It's often used at the end of duels, or during them, to stop a long-lasting spell, or as a general precaution. Never enter a magical place you have never been before and cannot trust without casting this. If people had more sense, they'd avoid a lot of nastier magic this way."

She nodded to the board. "I'm not about to cast it myself, as that would undo all my hard work in this room, but you are. The incantation is fi-NEE-tay in-can-TAH-tem. The hand movement is drawn up there. The light should be bright red."

The Haitian woman shrugged. "I don't know about the rest of you, but I would prefer the room to be warmer, the furniture to all be stationary, and to not run the chance of a textbook colliding with my face. As you will."

OOC:
Username

All the people selling truths on every corner now-
They wait until the fear has knocked you down.
All the rules are changing now; you're living in sin...
Everything around you is caving in; all you're holding onto-
Is slipping like water through your hands.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 3:06 pm
They say your style of life's a drag
And that you must go other places
Just don't you feel too bad
When you get fooled by smiling faces

» Owl Eɴтнυѕιαѕт » Hᴜғғʟᴇᴘᴜғғ Tʜɪʀᴅ Yeαr

.¸¸.•´´¯`•Laili walked into the defense classroom and after seeing the state it was in nearly walked back out. First and foremost she nearly got clunked by a floating book but then became thankful it wasn't something worse when she spotted the desks and chairs up in the air as well. And it was arctic cold! She put her hands under her armpits in an effort to keep them warm as she shivered and tried to figure out what could possibly be the reason for such torture. She listened to Professor Cohen explain the day's lesson with a look of horror as she kept shuffling around to avoid the floating objects. DADA wasn't her best class by any margin and now she actually had something riding it! Goodness, she just hoped she didn't accidentally hurt anyone. Laili chose something easy for her first try, going after the book that'd first hit her and practiced the wand movement a few times before she finally said, "Finiteincantatem!" She rushed the second part of the spell so the book merely faltered but still remained floating. Gritting her teeth she tried it again making sure to put a space between words. "Finite incantatem!" Laili grinned when the book dropped to the floor thankfully missing anyone's head. It was going to take a miracle to get the classroom un-frigid though.

Don't you worry 'bout a thing
Don't you worry 'bout a thing, baby
'Cause I'll be standing on the side
When you check it out
When you get it off your trip
Don't you worry 'bout a thing

Quote:

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 4:48 pm

FA N C H O N
M A R I E
C O H E N

Fanchon stood in the back of the classroom, beside a large wardrobe, which was rattling rather ominously. She motion for the students sitting down to turn around to face her, before beginning her lecture. "A boggart," she said calmly, "Is what is currently banging around in this wardrobe. Boggarts are amortal non-beings, which means that they were never alive, and thus can never die. They are shapeshifters who survive off of fear, which means that as soon as I release this boggart, it will focus on whoever is nearest and assume the form of their worst fear, whatever that may be. However, our strength lies in numbers. The more people present, the more confused and indecisive the boggart will become, trying to decide which fear to take the shape of. No one has ever seen what a boggart looks like when it is alone, for obvious reasons."

She rapped on the wardrobe lightly, which shook in response. "Boggarts like enclosed, dark spaces, such as wardrobes, closets, under beds, but they can also lurk in dark corners or forests. Much like poltergeists and Dementors, boggarts exist because of the combination of our magic and our very human emotions. As long as there is fear in the world, there will be boggarts. Muggles do not typically see or encounter boggarts, and when they do, usually write them off as hallucinations. Now, I don't want this lesson to teach you to be ashamed of your fears. Every human fears something. Fear is important. It's what keeps us alive. The purpose of defeating a boggart, however, is to learn how to triumph over your fear."

Fanchon abruptly pulled open the door, and a dark shape slithered out, before springing up in the air like an ashen, whirling cloud, transforming into suffocating dirt, which surrounded the woman. There was silence for a moment, then "Ri-di-KULL-lis!", a whip-like crack, and the dirt turned into harmless confetti, drifting to the floor while the Haitian chuckled, before retreating back into the wardrobe. She slammed the door shut quickly. "I have feared being buried alive ever since I was a little girl, when an earthquake killed my parents," she informed the class mildly. "However, you just saw me face my fear and force the boggart back into its hiding space. I cast the Boggart-Banishing Spell, Riddikulus. It forces the boggart to take the shape of something humorous. But the spell alone didn't defeat the boggart. My laughter did. You have to be able to genuinely laugh to fend off a boggart."

"If you cannot acknowledge your fears, you stand no chance of fighting the boggart. You have to take them as they are, and visualize them as something not frightening, but humorous, in your minds. The movement is this:,"

She looked over the class once more. "I think it's important that all you have a go at it. Obviously, I cannot force you, and I understand that some fears are much more... realistic... than others. I can't speak to what any of you may have gone through in your lives. But I do think it's crucial that we acknowledge those things, rather than letting them fester. If anyone is not comfortable with their classmates seeing their fears, speak to me after class, and we'll make arrangements." Fanchon glanced over at the wardrobe. "Alright. Who's first?"

OOC:
Username

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 5:47 pm
User Image

𝐼'𝓂 𝓇𝓊𝓃𝓃𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝓁𝒶𝓉𝑒 𝓉𝑜 𝓈𝑜𝓂𝑒𝓌𝒽𝑒𝓇𝑒 𝓃𝑜𝓌 𝓉𝒽𝒶𝓉 𝐼 𝒹𝑜𝓃'𝓉 𝓌𝒶𝓃𝓉 𝓉𝑜 𝒷𝑒
                                      𝒲𝒽𝑒𝓇𝑒 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝒻𝓊𝓉𝓊𝓇𝑒 𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝓅𝓇𝑜𝓂𝒾𝓈𝑒𝓈 𝒶𝒾𝓃'𝓉 𝓌𝒽𝒶𝓉 𝒾𝓉 𝓊𝓈𝑒𝒹 𝓉𝑜 𝒷𝑒
                                      𝐼 𝓃𝑒𝓋𝑒𝓇 𝓌𝒶𝓃𝓉𝑒𝒹 𝓉𝑜 𝒸𝑜𝓂𝓅𝓇𝑜𝓂𝒾𝓈𝑒 𝑜𝓇 𝒷𝒶𝓇𝑔𝒶𝒾𝓃 𝓌𝒾𝓉𝒽 𝓂𝓎 𝓈𝑜𝓊𝓁
                                      𝐻𝑜𝓌 𝒹𝒾𝒹 𝒶 𝓁𝒾𝒻𝑒 𝑜𝓃 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓌𝒾𝓁𝒹 𝓈𝒾𝒹𝑒 𝑒𝓋𝑒𝓇 𝑔𝑒𝓉 𝓈𝑜 𝒹𝓊𝓁𝓁?

Jeremy entered class and quietly found a spot. He looked toward the shaking cabinet. It reminded him of the boggart that got into the basement of the house. His dad and grampa got rid of it but Jeremy was hoping he had watched. Oh well he be doing it now. He took notes and watched as the professor dealt with her fear of being buried. Quite the understandable fear. Jeremy knew what the boggart would pick for him. Now he needed to make it funny enough to make him laugh. Jeremy was not one to full on laugh most of the time. He would smile of something was funny, chuckle if it was hilarious. No he knew he needed to be completely absurd to get a laugh. When he was up to take on the boggart he had an idea in mind. The boggart caught sight of him and even though Jeremy expected it he was cleary scared of it. The boggart was now a large rabid mangy looking dog that looked like it wanted Jeremy for lunch. Sure he like animals but having a big dog rush you and knock you over at six would scar him for life. Even though he knew now the dog was playing and licking his face, they still scared him. Mustering up the courage and the mental image he needed he was ready. "Ri-di-KULL-lis!" He said casting the spell. When thought up the idea that would defeat the boggart, he had chuckled to himself. Actually seeing it was more than enough to get Jeremy to bust up laughing. A rare but fun occurrence. The boggart was now one of silly wind up dogs with high pitched barks. Occasionally it would flip. The laugh died to a good chuckle as Jeremy moved so the next person could have a go.

𝐼 𝑔𝑜𝓉 𝒶 𝓈𝑒𝒶𝓉 𝒾𝓃 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓂𝒾𝒹𝒹𝓁𝑒 𝑜𝒻 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓇𝑜𝒶𝒹 𝐼'𝓂 𝑔𝑜𝓃𝓃𝒶 𝓉𝒶𝓀𝑒 𝓂𝓎 𝓉𝒾𝓂𝑒
                                                                𝐼 𝓈𝒽𝑜𝓅 𝑜𝓃𝓁𝒾𝓃𝑒 𝓈𝑜 𝐼 𝒸𝒶𝓃 𝓋𝑜𝓉𝑒 𝒶𝓉 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓈𝓅𝑒𝑒𝒹 𝑜𝒻 𝓁𝒾𝒻𝑒
                                                                𝐼'𝓂 𝓁𝒾𝓀𝑒 𝒶 𝒹𝓇𝑜𝓃𝑒 𝓌𝒶𝓎 𝓊𝓅 𝒾𝓃 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓈𝓀𝓎 𝐼'𝓂 𝒶 𝓈𝒽𝑜𝑜𝓉𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝓈𝓉𝒶𝓇
                                                                𝒯𝒽𝑒𝓇𝑒'𝓈 𝒶 𝓈𝑜𝓁𝒹𝒾𝑒𝓇 𝓉𝒽𝒶𝓉'𝓈 𝒻𝓇𝑒𝒶𝓀𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝑜𝓊𝓉 𝒫.𝒮. 𝒯𝒽𝒾𝓈 𝒾𝓈 𝓌𝒶𝓇

CatWaffle
    Crew

Questionable Waffles

9,225 Points
    • Ultimate Player 200
    • Forum Sophomore 300
    • Rufus' Gratitude 100

The Forgotten Weasley
    Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
    • WilyTrickster 50
    • The Wolf Within 100
    PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 7:31 pm

FA N C H O N
    M A R I E
    C O H E N

Fanchon stood next to a tank filled with water in front of the class, ignoring the very aggressive grindylow inside, ramming itself up against the glass. "A grindylow," she said drolly, "Is a type of water demon, as you can see. They are classified as Dark creatures because they've been known to kill humans, although they're only really a serious threat towards muggles and young children. However, merpeople are capable of taming them and sometimes keep them as pets. Grindylows feed on algae and fish, and typically live at the bottom of lakes in Great Britain, among the weeds. Their teeth and horns are not what you need to watch out for, rather, it's their fingers. They use them to strangle their prey underwater, so the trick to escaping one is to break their grip, usually with a simple revulsion jinx, which will fire boiling water at them underwater." She gestured at the tank. "You should all come up and take a look at this one before leaving, so you know what they look like."

OOC:
    Username

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 10:17 am

User Image
    FA N C H O N
    M A R I E
    C O H E N

Fanchon sat in her very comfortable chair, stroking Jacques, her cat, curled up in her lap, as though she were a Bond villain, and gave the room one final once over. She had enough tables and chairs to fit everyone, she'd made sure the room was spotless, in case anyone had any dust allergies, and she'd tried to make it.... if not quite welcoming, at least slightly less intimidating, although that was a bit difficult when the decor of the room literally included a giant skeleton of some magical beast suspended above the class. Ah well. They'd have to get used to Hogwarts's quirks at some point, and DADA was a notoriously challenging class, although not quite to the level of say, Transfiguration or Potions. However, it was extremely important, and if she had her way, she'd make it mandatory for all seven years. Alas, she could not have her way, so she only had five years to drill as much knowledge as possible through their hairy little heads. If she could make sure all of them could cast a proper shield charm, patronus, disarm someone, and defeat a boggart, she'd be happy. It would raise their life expectancy significantly. As the third years filtered into the room, she observed them stoically, not rising from her seat (and disturbing Jacques' nap) until everyone had taken their seats and were (mostly) quiet. "Bonjou. Good morning," she translated calmly, confident that her accent, while strong, was not an excuse for them to not listen. "I am Fanchon Cohen, and I am responsible for ensuring that all of you can recognize dark magic, and properly defend yourselves against it. My rules are written on the board. Follow them, don't follow them, it's your choice. This class is largely about choices. I'm here to demonstrate to you how to make good ones." She scanned the class for a moment. "Well, you are third years now, so I expect to be impressed. My wand is here," she raised her hand. "First person to disarm me will earn their house ten points."

OOC:
    Username

The Forgotten Weasley
    Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
    • WilyTrickster 50
    • The Wolf Within 100

The Forgotten Weasley
    Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
    • WilyTrickster 50
    • The Wolf Within 100
    PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 12:09 pm

User Image
    FA N C H O N
    M A R I E
    C O H E N

The DADA classroom was in quite the state. For one, the chairs and desks were all floating a few feet off the ground. For another, the room was unnaturally cold, causing breath to fog. And finally, various textbooks and quills and bits of parchment were flying around the room as if posessed. Fanchon sat at her desk, the only one remaining on the ground, and watched cautiously as Jacques leapt from floating seat to floating seat, looking thrilled. When the third years entered, and well, didn't take their seats, she stood up, rubbing her hands together vigorously to warm them up.

"Today you are learning what is known as the general counter-spell. The only reason we wait until third year to teach you this is because you would struggle to master it were you any less experienced. Casting this terminates all spell effects, which means you should always think before throwing this spell around, lest it undo something you cast previously. It's often used at the end of duels, or during them, to stop a long-lasting spell, or as a general precaution. Never enter a magical place you have never been before and cannot trust without casting this. If people had more sense, they'd avoid a lot of nastier magic this way."

She nodded to the board. "I'm not about to cast it myself, as that would undo all my hard work in this room, but you are. The incantation is fi-NEE-tay in-can-TAH-tem. The hand movement is drawn up there. The light should be bright red."

The Haitian woman shrugged. "I don't know about the rest of you, but I would prefer the room to be warmer, the furniture to all be stationary, and to not run the chance of a textbook colliding with my face. As you will."

OOC:
    Username

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 9:57 am

User Image
    FA N C H O N
    M A R I E
    C O H E N

Fanchon stood in the back of the classroom, beside a large wardrobe, which was rattling rather ominously. She motion for the students sitting down to turn around to face her, before beginning her lecture. "A boggart," she said calmly, "Is what is currently banging around in this wardrobe. Boggarts are amortal non-beings, which means that they were never alive, and thus can never die. They are shapeshifters who survive off of fear, which means that as soon as I release this boggart, it will focus on whoever is nearest and assume the form of their worst fear, whatever that may be. However, our strength lies in numbers. The more people present, the more confused and indecisive the boggart will become, trying to decide which fear to take the shape of. No one has ever seen what a boggart looks like when it is alone, for obvious reasons."

She rapped on the wardrobe lightly, which shook in response. "Boggarts like enclosed, dark spaces, such as wardrobes, closets, under beds, but they can also lurk in dark corners or forests. Much like poltergeists and Dementors, boggarts exist because of the combination of our magic and our very human emotions. As long as there is fear in the world, there will be boggarts. Muggles do not typically see or encounter boggarts, and when they do, usually write them off as hallucinations. Now, I don't want this lesson to teach you to be ashamed of your fears. Every human fears something. Fear is important. It's what keeps us alive. The purpose of defeating a boggart, however, is to learn how to triumph over your fear."

Fanchon abruptly pulled open the door, and a dark shape slithered out, before springing up in the air like an ashen, whirling cloud, transforming into suffocating dirt, which surrounded the woman. There was silence for a moment, then "Ri-di-KULL-lis!", a whip-like crack, and the dirt turned into harmless confetti, drifting to the floor while the Haitian chuckled, before retreating back into the wardrobe. She slammed the door shut quickly. "I have feared being buried alive ever since I was a little girl, when an earthquake killed my parents," she informed the class mildly. "However, you just saw me face my fear and force the boggart back into its hiding space. I cast the Boggart-Banishing Spell, Riddikulus. It forces the boggart to take the shape of something humorous. But the spell alone didn't defeat the boggart. My laughter did. You have to be able to genuinely laugh to fend off a boggart."

"If you cannot acknowledge your fears, you stand no chance of fighting the boggart. You have to take them as they are, and visualize them as something not frightening, but humorous, in your minds. The movement is this:,"

She looked over the class once more. "I think it's important that all you have a go at it. Obviously, I cannot force you, and I understand that some fears are much more... realistic... than others. I can't speak to what any of you may have gone through in your lives. But I do think it's crucial that we acknowledge those things, rather than letting them fester. If anyone is not comfortable with their classmates seeing their fears, speak to me after class, and we'll make arrangements." Fanchon glanced over at the wardrobe. "Alright. Who's first?"

OOC:
    Username

The Forgotten Weasley
    Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
    • WilyTrickster 50
    • The Wolf Within 100

CatWaffle
    Crew

Questionable Waffles

9,225 Points
    • Ultimate Player 200
    • Forum Sophomore 300
    • Rufus' Gratitude 100
    PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 11:04 am
    User Image

Welcome to my silly life
                                                Mistreated, misplaced, misunderstood
                                                Miss 'No way, it's all good', it didn't slow me down
                                                Mistaken, always second guessing, underestimated
                                                Look, I'm still around

Felix Geary xxx Hufflepuff 3rd Year xxx Muggleborn

______________________________

Felix arrived to class in less of a down mood as before. Hanging with Eddie was helping and his kitten loved to snuggle which was good for when Felix was sad. He came to class jumping a bit when the cabinet rattled. What was in there? The teacher explained it was a boggart. Felix wasn't too keen on the idea of having to deal with his fears. He would avoid them if he had his way. But the teacher was right he shold try. When it was time to line up Felix ended up separated from Eddie and pushed to the front. Not the very front but he would be one of the firsts. Well, the teacher had a fear involving dirt. He was scared of water. He planned ahead for that. He felt ready when it was his turn.

He was sorely mistaken. What the boggart chose to scare him with almost made Felix drop his wand. It was his dad and he looked pissed. Like worse than he was last time he saw him. "No...." Felix whispered to himself. He had completely spaced on what he needed to even do. Practically forgetting he could magic his way out of it he bolted to the back of the group and hid in a semi-concealed corner. The boggart moved on to the next student but Felix was busy hiding with his legs tucked up arms concealing his face. No, he didn't wanna cry here, too many people.....

______________________________

So complicated, look happy, you'll make it
                                                                    Filled with so much hatred, such a tired game
                                                                    It's enough, I've done all I can think of
                                                                    Chased down all my demons, I've seen you do the same

Ooc:quoting if you guys wanna or need to get involved

The Forgotten Weasley
                                                                    Julian Galaksylph

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 7:16 pm

User Image
    FA N C H O N
    M A R I E
    C O H E N

Fanchon sat in her very comfortable chair, stroking Jacques, her cat, curled up in her lap, as though she were a Bond villain, and gave the room one final once over. She had enough tables and chairs to fit everyone, she'd made sure the room was spotless, in case anyone had any dust allergies, and she'd tried to make it.... if not quite welcoming, at least slightly less intimidating, although that was a bit difficult when the decor of the room literally included a giant skeleton of some magical beast suspended above the class. Ah well. They'd have to get used to Hogwarts's quirks at some point, and DADA was a notoriously challenging class, although not quite to the level of say, Transfiguration or Potions. However, it was extremely important, and if she had her way, she'd make it mandatory for all seven years. Alas, she could not have her way, so she only had five years to drill as much knowledge as possible through their hairy little heads. If she could make sure all of them could cast a proper shield charm, patronus, disarm someone, and defeat a boggart, she'd be happy. It would raise their life expectancy significantly.

As the third years filtered into the room, she observed them stoically, not rising from her seat (and disturbing Jacques' nap) until everyone had taken their seats and were (mostly) quiet. "Bonjou. Good morning," she translated calmly, confident that her accent, while strong, was not an excuse for them to not listen. "I am Fanchon Cohen, and I am responsible for ensuring that all of you can recognize dark magic, and properly defend yourselves against it. My rules are written on the board. Follow them, don't follow them, it's your choice. This class is largely about choices. I'm here to demonstrate to you how to make good ones." She scanned the class for a moment. "Well, you are third years now, so I expect to be impressed. My wand is here," she raised her hand. "First person to disarm me will earn their house ten points."

OOC:
    Username

The Forgotten Weasley
    Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
    • WilyTrickster 50
    • The Wolf Within 100

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
    • Gaian 50
    • Dressed Up 200
    • Statustician 100
    PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 7:15 pm
    User Image
    Katya Patrovna
    HufflepuffThird YearThirteen Years OldSingle

"Bonjou, Madam Professeur," Katya said, as she arrived for class, her smile hiding the case of nerves she had. The little Third Year showed up for Defense Against the Dark Arts class feeling uneasy as she always did, as she found the subject matter disturbing and unnerving. It didn't help that her older sister shared similar opinions as Madam Cohen, and treated her Dueling Club almost like an extension of her class. While she understood the day was rapidly coming when she would no longer be able to use her sister as a shield, Katya didn't like the thought of using offensive magic on other people.

Katya would have been content to sit through the class, take down notes, and leave it at that, but the professor held out the possible reward of House points. "I-I'll give it a try, Madam," offered Katya hesitantly, after raising her hand. Standing up, she nervously smoothed down her skirt, before squaring her shoulders, and going through the motions of starting a duel. Feeling more than a little scared, she gestured with her wand and said aloud, "Expelliarmus!"

OOC:
    Username

User Image
                    "Black clouds are behind me, I now can see ahead
                    Often I wonder why I try hoping for an end
                    Sorrow weighs my shoulders down
                    And trouble haunts my mind
                    But I know the present will not last
                    And tomorrow will be kinder

Tomorrow will be kinder
                    It's true, I've seen it before
                    A brighter day is coming my way"

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 2:23 am
    ❁ Mary Fidelma Conri-Dechering ❁ xxxxx
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    xxxx <3rd Year> <"American Girl" and Georgia Peach>
    Time: 2042-2043
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------xx

Mary knew Defense Against the Dark Arts was a useful class (unfortunately) and even liked Professor Cohen, she just wish the classroom and the professor were a bit more cheery. Mary took a seat next to Katya and listened to the introductions. When it came to volunteers Katya was the first and Mary gave thumbs up to her friend and whispered, "Good luck! You'll do great I'm sure." She genuinely hoped her friend did well and shone not only for her sake but for the house points.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

For a moment the hat was silent before speaking....
                                                    My dear, I wager your father will be proud of you regardless
                                                    You need to forge your own path
                                                    And I think you'll be doing just that in

Hufflepuff!
                                                    {OoC: }
                                                    Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
    • Deal Me In 50
    • Married 100
    • Person of Interest 200

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
    • Deal Me In 50
    • Married 100
    • Person of Interest 200
    PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 1:20 am
    ✠ Quinn Ezekiel Conri-Dechering ✠ xxxxx
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    xxxx <3rd Year>
    Time: 2042-2043
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------xx
                                      Quinn never had any ill feelings towards the class Defense Against the Dark Arts. Unlike his sister, he did not feel the class was unnecessarily gloomy. It wasn't like they were being taught to shoot rainbows at each other and protect themselves from flower petal attacks. Quinn appreciated the seriousness of Professor Cohen and even the gloomy decorating of the room. It cast an appropriate mood towards the subject if you asked Quinn. Quinn took a seat near the front and listened to introductions. He would have volunteered to perform Expelliarmus, but Katya beat him to it. Oh well, if she wasn't successful he could try. Besides there would be plenty of time in the future for practice and if he was seriously concerned about it he could always join the dueling club even if it was a bit loud for his taste.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

For a moment the hat was silent before speaking....
                                      Ah, such concern for your dear sister
                                      A quiet, thoughtful mind, hm?
                                      Yes, I know just where to put you,

Ravenclaw!
                                      {OoC: }
                                      Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2018 11:37 am

User Image
    FA N C H O N
    M A R I E
    C O H E N

OOC:
    Username

The Forgotten Weasley
    Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
    • WilyTrickster 50
    • The Wolf Within 100

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
    • Gaian 50
    • Dressed Up 200
    • Statustician 100
    PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 5:49 pm
    User Image
    Katya Patrovna
    HufflepuffThird YearThirteen Years OldSingle

The first clue Katya had about something being different in Madam Cohen's class was the sudden chill in the air. It wasn't 'straight from Siberia' cold, like a winter day in St. Petersburg, but cold enough to cause the little Hufflepuff to pull her robes about herself a bit closer, and be glad of the sweater she wore underneath. Seeing all the furniture floating about, and smaller objects flying about, as though Peeves were pulling one of his pranks was enough to give Katya pause, though she did laugh when she saw the cat leaping about.

When the professor started the class, she instantly recognized the spell as one her sister was coaching her on in Dueling Club. Katya had done the reading for the class already, but really hadn't practiced the spell much. While she didn't mind the cold so much, she did want a place to sit, so she took aim on a floating desk and started trying her luck with it.

OOC:
    Username

User Image
                    "Black clouds are behind me, I now can see ahead
                    Often I wonder why I try hoping for an end
                    Sorrow weighs my shoulders down
                    And trouble haunts my mind
                    But I know the present will not last
                    And tomorrow will be kinder

Tomorrow will be kinder
                    It's true, I've seen it before
                    A brighter day is coming my way"