Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Third Year Classes
Defense Against the Dark Arts III ~ *1/5* Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 8:53 pm
When everything turns to black,
You don't know where to go...
You need something to justify your soul.
Silence is broken, confidence is gone;
Everything you're holding onto falls.

User Image
FA N C H O N
M A R I E
C O H E N

Professor of DADA │ Muggleborn │ Haitian

Fanchon stood in the back of the classroom, beside a large wardrobe, which was rattling rather ominously. She motion for the students sitting down to turn around to face her, before beginning her lecture. "A boggart," she said calmly, "Is what is currently banging around in this wardrobe. Boggarts are amortal non-beings, which means that they were never alive, and thus can never die. They are shapeshifters who survive off of fear, which means that as soon as I release this boggart, it will focus on whoever is nearest and assume the form of their worst fear, whatever that may be. However, our strength lies in numbers. The more people present, the more confused and indecisive the boggart will become, trying to decide which fear to take the shape of. No one has ever seen what a boggart looks like when it is alone, for obvious reasons."

She rapped on the wardrobe lightly, which shook in response. "Boggarts like enclosed, dark spaces, such as wardrobes, closets, under beds, but they can also lurk in dark corners or forests. Much like poltergeists and Dementors, boggarts exist because of the combination of our magic and our very human emotions. As long as there is fear in the world, there will be boggarts. Muggles do not typically see or encounter boggarts, and when they do, usually write them off as hallucinations. Now, I don't want this lesson to teach you to be ashamed of your fears. Every human fears something. Fear is important. It's what keeps us alive. The purpose of defeating a boggart, however, is to learn how to triumph over your fear."

Fanchon abruptly pulled open the door, and a dark shape slithered out, before springing up in the air like an ashen, whirling cloud, transforming into suffocating dirt, which surrounded the woman. There was silence for a moment, then "Ri-di-KULL-lis!", a whip-like crack, and the dirt turned into harmless confetti, drifting to the floor while the Haitian chuckled, before retreating back into the wardrobe. She slammed the door shut quickly. "I have feared being buried alive ever since I was a little girl, when an earthquake killed my parents," she informed the class mildly. "However, you just saw me face my fear and force the boggart back into its hiding space. I cast the Boggart-Banishing Spell, Riddikulus. It forces the boggart to take the shape of something humorous. But the spell alone didn't defeat the boggart. My laughter did. You have to be able to genuinely laugh to fend off a boggart."

"If you cannot acknowledge your fears, you stand no chance of fighting the boggart. You have to take them as they are, and visualize them as something not frightening, but humorous, in your minds. The movement is this:,"

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

She looked over the class once more. "I think it's important that all you have a go at it. Obviously, I cannot force you, and I understand that some fears are much more... realistic... than others. I can't speak to what any of you may have gone through in your lives. But I do think it's crucial that we acknowledge those things, rather than letting them fester. If anyone is not comfortable with their classmates seeing their fears, speak to me after class, and we'll make arrangements." Fanchon glanced over at the wardrobe. "Alright. Who's first?"

OOC:
Username

All the people selling truths on every corner now-
They wait until the fear has knocked you down.
All the rules are changing now; you're living in sin...
Everything around you is caving in; all you're holding onto-
Is slipping like water through your hands.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 1:55 pm
User Image
Katya Patrovna
HufflepuffThird YearThirteen Years OldSingle

A cold chill ran down Katya's back when she heard the something rattling about in the cupboard in the back of the classroom. She knew something was up when Faina slipped a bag of chocolate into her schoolbag at breakfast that morning, and told her to save for after her Defense class later that day. When Madam Cohen started the lecture on the subject of boggarts, she had a feeling her sister was trying to prepare her for what was to come. The idea of this thing forcing her to experience her fears was ... well... terrifying. Considering the things she and Faina experienced during their lives, and especially what happened recently to them, the boggart could likely take any number of forms for her.

Watching what the professor did, Katya realized that while knowing the spell helped, it was laughter which really did the job on the creature, and she needed to remind herself of this. Then it came time for the class to have their turn at facing the creature. Katya would rather have hidden somewhere and avoided doing this, but knew she couldn't hide, and that her sister would be disappointed if she didn't at least try. Screwing up what nerve she could muster, Katya raised her hand, and said, "I'll go first, Madam Cohen."

Katya was visibly shaking as she approached the wardrobe. "Let's get this over with," she said quietly, as she drew her wand, and tried to be ready for ... the wall of flame erupted from the wardrobe, roaring like a cyclone, or like some prehistoric beast. She saw her father and then her mother trying desperately to escape the flames engulfing their home. "Mama! Papa!" screamed the little Hufflepuff, as she watched the flames consume her loved ones, even though she knew her father wasn't there when their house was firebombed, and though her mother wasn't actually killed, she'd seen what was left of their living room, and could only imagine what her mother experienced. Worse, she saw her sister trying mightily to escape, and the merciless flames claimed her as well. "Faina!" she cried, as an arm burnt practically to the bone reached out from the roaring inferno and landed inches from her feet. As the fire moved to wash over her like a tidal surge, the little Hufflepuff let out a terrified, piercing shriek, and collapsed in a ball on the floor.

OOC:
Username

User Image
                  "Black clouds are behind me, I now can see ahead
                  Often I wonder why I try hoping for an end
                  Sorrow weighs my shoulders down
                  And trouble haunts my mind
                  But I know the present will not last
                  And tomorrow will be kinder

Tomorrow will be kinder
                  It's true, I've seen it before
                  A brighter day is coming my way"

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100

CatWaffle
Crew

Questionable Waffles

9,225 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 7:15 pm
Graydon Ironshield

User Image

You hear the door slam
                                                          And realize there's nowhere left to run
                                                          You feel the cold hand
                                                          And wonder if you'll ever see the sun
                                                          You close your eyes

Cian came to class curious what was lurking in the rattling cabinet. Sweet did they get to fight something today! He stuck with Katya who seemed nervous. "It be ok ill save you of something happens" Cian said hoping she would feel better. When the line formed he ended up right behind her. He was shocked to see what poor Katya's fear was. Fire was quite understandable. But it was too much for his friend. Cian wouldn't ball himself brave but when a friend was in need Cian was one to step up. He got Katya behind him so the boggart would see him. It went from fire to something dark and it hid cian from view. When he was little he had gotten locked in a closet accidently when playing hide and seek. Since then he gets scared in tiny dark places. That what the boggart did. Cian muster up his courage and the funny idea and cast the spell "Riddikulus!" He said with omph.the darkness poofed and had a fake sounding fart noise. Butt humor was always a side splitter for Cian so he laughed. Once someone else wend Cian went and sat by Katya and gave her a hug. "It ok, I got it for you." He said hoping to be supportive.

And hope that this is just imagination
                                                                            Girl but all the while
                                                                            You hear a creature creeping up behind
                                                                            You're out of time

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 12:22 pm
User Image
Katya Patrovna

Though she'd expected her encounter with the boggart to be a rough one, Katya was unprepared for the visions she'd been assailed with. How much was the boggart's doing and how much was fueled by her imagination, she couldn't say for sure, though she'd swear she'd felt the furnace-hot breath of the flames upon her skin, and charnal house smell of burning flesh was in her mouth and nose. It felt as real as if she'd been there in person, and she'd nearly fainted in the face of it all.

"Bozhe moy, bozhe moy, bozhe moy..." was what Katya was repeating, she was so freaked out, she didn't realize Cian was sitting with her until his voice filtered through to her.With one hand still clutching her wand, as she'd somehow managed not to drop it when she crumpled to the floor, she clutched him as though Cian were a life-preserver thrown to her in a storm-tossed sea. "Mama is okay, I know she is, I know she is. Faina is okay, I know she's alive. Bozhe moy, please don't tell her I fell apart like that. Cian, I really blew that, didn't I?" she said to Cian as much as she did to herself, as her eyes finally focused upon him ... her rescuer.

OOC: Sorry for taking so long to respond, and for the edits I had to make
Kungfudemoness

User Image

Tomorrow will be kinder

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100

CatWaffle
Crew

Questionable Waffles

9,225 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:39 am
Graydon Ironshield

User Image

You hear the door slam
                                                          And realize there's nowhere left to run
                                                          You feel the cold hand
                                                          And wonder if you'll ever see the sun
                                                          You close your eyes

Cian was honestly conflicted. He totally got why Katya wouldn't want her older sister Fiana to know. But as an older sibling Cian would be hurt if something like this happened to Aeryn and he didn't know. "I won't tell but as an older sibling I recommend you tell her. It would make her more sad you didn't tell her than told her. " Cian advised letting Katya hug it out. "Don't be ashamed, if I had the same thing I likely would have panicked too. If you want to talk about it later we can." Cian may not be mature most of the time. But he knew sarcasm was not a good idea at the moment.

And hope that this is just imagination
                                                                            Girl but all the while
                                                                            You hear a creature creeping up behind
                                                                            You're out of time

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 5:39 pm
User Image
Katya Patrovna

Katya was glad Cian wouldn't say anything to Faina, but then she also knew he was right too. It would upset her sister if she somehow found out what happened in class, and it didn't come from her. Katya couldn't bring herself to hurt her sister like that, and they'd always trusted each other with their secrets. "I know, and I don't want to cause her pain; I just don't want for her to be disappointed in me. i couldn't do it, Cian; I tried, and I couldn't do it," admitted Katya, snuffling a little bit, as she confessed her reasoning. When he offered to talk about things later, the little blonde managed a brave little smile, and she told him, "I'd like that. We can share our phobias."

OOC:
Kungfudemoness

User Image

Tomorrow will be kinder

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 11:28 am

User Image
FA N C H O N
M A R I E
C O H E N

Fanchon sat in her very comfortable chair, stroking Jacques, her cat, curled up in her lap, as though she were a Bond villain, and gave the room one final once over. She had enough tables and chairs to fit everyone, she'd made sure the room was spotless, in case anyone had any dust allergies, and she'd tried to make it.... if not quite welcoming, at least slightly less intimidating, although that was a bit difficult when the decor of the room literally included a giant skeleton of some magical beast suspended above the class. Ah well. They'd have to get used to Hogwarts's quirks at some point, and DADA was a notoriously challenging class, although not quite to the level of say, Transfiguration or Potions. However, it was extremely important, and if she had her way, she'd make it mandatory for all seven years. Alas, she could not have her way, so she only had five years to drill as much knowledge as possible through their hairy little heads. If she could make sure all of them could cast a proper shield charm, patronus, disarm someone, and defeat a boggart, she'd be happy. It would raise their life expectancy significantly.

As the third years filtered into the room, she observed them stoically, not rising from her seat (and disturbing Jacques' nap) until everyone had taken their seats and were (mostly) quiet. "Bonjou. Good morning," she translated calmly, confident that her accent, while strong, was not an excuse for them to not listen. "My rules are written on the board. Follow them, don't follow them, it's your choice. This class is largely about choices. I'm here to demonstrate to you how to make good ones." She scanned the class for a moment. "Well, you are third years now, so I expect to be impressed. My wand is here," she raised her hand. "First person to disarm me will earn their house ten points."

OOC:
Username

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 11:33 am

User Image
FA N C H O N
M A R I E
C O H E N

The DADA classroom was in quite the state. For one, the chairs and desks were all floating a few feet off the ground. For another, the room was unnaturally cold, causing breath to fog. And finally, various textbooks and quills and bits of parchment were flying around the room as if posessed. Fanchon sat at her desk, the only one remaining on the ground, and watched cautiously as Jacques leapt from floating seat to floating seat, looking thrilled. When the third years entered, and well, didn't take their seats, she stood up, rubbing her hands together vigorously to warm them up.

"Today you are learning what is known as the general counter-spell. The only reason we wait until third year to teach you this is because you would struggle to master it were you any less experienced. Casting this terminates all spell effects, which means you should always think before throwing this spell around, lest it undo something you cast previously. It's often used at the end of duels, or during them, to stop a long-lasting spell, or as a general precaution. Never enter a magical place you have never been before and cannot trust without casting this. If people had more sense, they'd avoid a lot of nastier magic this way."

She nodded to the board. "I'm not about to cast it myself, as that would undo all my hard work in this room, but you are. The incantation is fi-NEE-tay in-can-TAH-tem. The hand movement is drawn up there. The light should be bright red."

The Haitian woman shrugged. "I don't know about the rest of you, but I would prefer the room to be warmer, the furniture to all be stationary, and to not run the chance of a textbook colliding with my face. As you will."

OOC:
Username

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2018 9:01 am

User Image
FA N C H O N
M A R I E
C O H E N

Fanchon stood in the back of the classroom, beside a large wardrobe, which was rattling rather ominously. She motion for the students sitting down to turn around to face her, before beginning her lecture. "A boggart," she said calmly, "Is what is currently banging around in this wardrobe. Boggarts are amortal non-beings, which means that they were never alive, and thus can never die. They are shapeshifters who survive off of fear, which means that as soon as I release this boggart, it will focus on whoever is nearest and assume the form of their worst fear, whatever that may be. However, our strength lies in numbers. The more people present, the more confused and indecisive the boggart will become, trying to decide which fear to take the shape of. No one has ever seen what a boggart looks like when it is alone, for obvious reasons."

She rapped on the wardrobe lightly, which shook in response. "Boggarts like enclosed, dark spaces, such as wardrobes, closets, under beds, but they can also lurk in dark corners or forests. Much like poltergeists and Dementors, boggarts exist because of the combination of our magic and our very human emotions. As long as there is fear in the world, there will be boggarts. Muggles do not typically see or encounter boggarts, and when they do, usually write them off as hallucinations. Now, I don't want this lesson to teach you to be ashamed of your fears. Every human fears something. Fear is important. It's what keeps us alive. The purpose of defeating a boggart, however, is to learn how to triumph over your fear."

Fanchon abruptly pulled open the door, and a dark shape slithered out, before springing up in the air like an ashen, whirling cloud, transforming into suffocating dirt, which surrounded the woman. There was silence for a moment, then "Ri-di-KULL-lis!", a whip-like crack, and the dirt turned into harmless confetti, drifting to the floor while the Haitian chuckled, before retreating back into the wardrobe. She slammed the door shut quickly. "I have feared being buried alive ever since I was a little girl, when an earthquake killed my parents," she informed the class mildly. "However, you just saw me face my fear and force the boggart back into its hiding space. I cast the Boggart-Banishing Spell, Riddikulus. It forces the boggart to take the shape of something humorous. But the spell alone didn't defeat the boggart. My laughter did. You have to be able to genuinely laugh to fend off a boggart."

"If you cannot acknowledge your fears, you stand no chance of fighting the boggart. You have to take them as they are, and visualize them as something not frightening, but humorous, in your minds. The movement is this:,"

She looked over the class once more. "I think it's important that all you have a go at it. Obviously, I cannot force you, and I understand that some fears are much more... realistic... than others. I can't speak to what any of you may have gone through in your lives. But I do think it's crucial that we acknowledge those things, rather than letting them fester. If anyone is not comfortable with their classmates seeing their fears, speak to me after class, and we'll make arrangements." Fanchon glanced over at the wardrobe. "Alright. Who's first?"

OOC:
Username

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:31 am

User Image
FA N C H O N
M A R I E
C O H E N

Fanchon sat in her very comfortable chair, stroking Jacques, her cat, curled up in her lap, as though she were a Bond villain, and gave the room one final once over. She had enough tables and chairs to fit everyone, she'd made sure the room was spotless, in case anyone had any dust allergies, and she'd tried to make it.... if not quite welcoming, at least slightly less intimidating, although that was a bit difficult when the decor of the room literally included a giant skeleton of some magical beast suspended above the class. Ah well. They'd have to get used to Hogwarts's quirks at some point, and DADA was a notoriously challenging class, although not quite to the level of say, Transfiguration or Potions. However, it was extremely important, and if she had her way, she'd make it mandatory for all seven years. Alas, she could not have her way, so she only had five years to drill as much knowledge as possible through their hairy little heads. If she could make sure all of them could cast a proper shield charm, patronus, disarm someone, and defeat a boggart, she'd be happy. It would raise their life expectancy significantly.

As the third years filtered into the room, she observed them stoically, not rising from her seat (and disturbing Jacques' nap) until everyone had taken their seats and were (mostly) quiet. "Bonjou. Good morning," she translated calmly, confident that her accent, while strong, was not an excuse for them to not listen. "My rules are written on the board. Follow them, don't follow them, it's your choice. This class is largely about choices. I'm here to demonstrate to you how to make good ones." She scanned the class for a moment. "Well, you are third years now, so I expect to be impressed. My wand is here," she raised her hand. "First person to disarm me will earn their house ten points."

OOC:
Username

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100

Stefan Lee Salvatore
Crew

Invisible Gekko

15,475 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Cheerbringer 100
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:12 pm
User Image
❃Vespera❃Salazar❃
User ImageThird Year SlytherinUser Image

▬▬"An early morning walk is a blessing for the whole day." ▬▬

Vespera slid into DADA, and sat in the back row. It was the first class of the day, and it was her least favorite one. In previous years she had disliked the class because of it's content. However, since the incident of throwing things at Jonah, she had come to dread the existence of being in the course for fear of being called out again, and receiving the disdain she had from her fellow school mates. This would be the class that she would forever stay as silent as possible in, just saying enough in class to get by and if she had any questions.... well she would have to ask Jonah or Sona for help later. She opened her notebook and wrote Disarming Charm: Expeliarmus. Class goal: Disarm Professor. Vespera then thought to herself, that her personal goal would be to not disarm the professor, and to just stay in the back and watch someone else do it, it would be better that way.

▬▬ "Even if that walk happens at three in the morning with your best friends." ▬▬

Where: DADA
With Whom: Third years
Thinking about: This is the class that will doom my future.
Vespera Description: Short 4'5", blond hair, green eyes and obvious loss of tan from previous years.
Wearing: school robes
OOC: Open for Interaction

_____

_____

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 2:02 pm
User Image
User Image
Make my way through the motions, I try to ignore it
But home's looking farther the closer I get
Don't know why I can't see the end, is it over yet?
A short leash and a short fuse don't match
They tell me it ain't that bad
Now don't you overreact
So I just hold my breath, don't know why
I can't see the sun when young should be fun (fun)

JONAH CASTOR LANE
Half-BloodRavenclawThird Year BeaterThirteen Years OldThe Daily Dragon

» Fall 2044 » DADA » With: Professor Cohen, Vespera, Classmates
» Wearing: School Robes » Status: Challenge Accepted

═══════════════════XXXX═══════════════════

Jonah sighed when he walked into DADA and spotted Vespera, hiding in the back by the door. ‘We’re still doing this…?’ He wondered how long Vespera planned to keep to herself in this class. Sure, last year’s incident was a bit embarrassing, but it was old news! He doubted anyone cared anymore at this point. If anyone was still holding a grudge over a measly ten points and a paper ball, they could shove off, as far as he was concerned.

The Ravenclaw rapped his knuckles twice against Vespera’s desk as he dropped his bag by the seat in front of her, smiling once he’d caught her attention. “Hey,” He spoke, just loud enough for her to hear, “Chin up. New year, right?”

Class began, and he gave the Professor his undivided attention as she announced she wanted someone to disarm her. It didn’t seem like anyone else was immediately up to the challenge so Jonah decided to step up to the plate. He stood abruptly from his seat and aiming for Professor Cohen’s wand, the familiar scarlet light burst from his wand as he cast, “Expelliarmus!”

═════════════════════════════════════════════

OOC:
Stefan Lee Salvatore

And I guess the bad can get better
Gotta be wrong before it's right
Every happy phrase engraved in my mind
And I've always been a go-getter
There's truth in every word I write
But still the growing pains, growing pains
They're keeping me up at night

Trickblues

addaellis

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 12:33 pm
User Image

♪♫
SONORAxxxMEYLINGxxxLI

third year || Ravenclaw || halfblood
Music club || Quidditch reserve || Dueling Club
irregular attendee of Astronomy club

Sonora followed Jonah to DADA, chipper for the first class of the year. She was a little surprised he picked a seat towards the back but cheered up immediately when she noticed Vespera. Jonah seemed to have something to say privately to Ves though, so Sona settled for a wave and cheery smile. She started getting her supplies out.

Professor Cohen, who always seemed to have exciting classes, started the first class with her reminder that DADA was about choices, and then started the year with a challenge. Disarm--that's Expelliarmus, Sona noted, setting her quill down and reaching for her wand instead. But even as her fingers closed around her wand, Sonora knew that that wasn't going to work for her. Despite her best efforts in Dueling club last year, she couldn't quite manage to completely disarm her upperclassmen club members-- even if she managed to get them to drop their wands, they'd recover before she could do more than hope she got out of the way before their next spell cam flying at her. But if they were sufficiently distracted or unable to cast... perhaps they would recover as well? And there was a spell that was she had actually gotten better at than Expelliarmus that made the target quite unable to fumble effectively.

Caught up in her internal strategizing, Sona jumped a little when Jonah stood up abruptly next to her. Now! Right as he does! She raised her wand quickly. Instead of scarlet though, the light was silver as only a second or so after Jonah she cast: "Rictusempra!"

Trickblues

"Stefan Lee Salvatore"

User Image User Image User Image
The birds, the sun, the stars, night sky,
It's such a sight to withhold.
Three-six-zero turn to see that we're not alone.
You have a house. Hello home.
♫♪
"Paper Plane's Adventure" by V.K. Lyrics by Tanoshibe on YouTube

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2019 10:13 am

User Image
FA N C H O N
M A R I E
C O H E N

The DADA classroom was in quite the state. For one, the chairs and desks were all floating a few feet off the ground. For another, the room was unnaturally cold, causing breath to fog. And finally, various textbooks and quills and bits of parchment were flying around the room as if posessed. Fanchon sat at her desk, the only one remaining on the ground, and watched cautiously as Jacques leapt from floating seat to floating seat, looking thrilled. When the third years entered, and well, didn't take their seats, she stood up, rubbing her hands together vigorously to warm them up.

"Today you are learning what is known as the general counter-spell. The only reason we wait until third year to teach you this is because you would struggle to master it were you any less experienced. Casting this terminates all spell effects, which means you should always think before throwing this spell around, lest it undo something you cast previously. It's often used at the end of duels, or during them, to stop a long-lasting spell, or as a general precaution. Never enter a magical place you have never been before and cannot trust without casting this. If people had more sense, they'd avoid a lot of nastier magic this way."

She nodded to the board. "I'm not about to cast it myself, as that would undo all my hard work in this room, but you are. The incantation is fi-NEE-tay in-can-TAH-tem. The hand movement is drawn up there. The light should be bright red."

The Haitian woman shrugged. "I don't know about the rest of you, but I would prefer the room to be warmer, the furniture to all be stationary, and to not run the chance of a textbook colliding with my face. As you will."

OOC:
Username

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100

Stefan Lee Salvatore
Crew

Invisible Gekko

15,475 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Cheerbringer 100
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 7:34 am
User Image
❃Vespera❃Salazar❃
User ImageThird Year SlytherinUser Image

▬▬"An early morning walk is a blessing for the whole day." ▬▬

Vespera walked in just as the door was about to close, and saw the room in utter chaos. When the Professor said what they would be doing she sighed and put her bag of books down, and pulled out her wand. "Fi-nee-tay in-can-TAH-tem," she spoke softly pointing her wand at a chair close to her, in the back of the room. the chair lowered an inch or two, but stayed floating. There wasn't enough umph in the spell to make it work well. She sighed and spoke a little louder, in a normal inside voice, and pointed to the chair, willing it to come down as she spoke and waved her wand,"Finite Incatatem." The chair collapsed back to the floor, mission accomplished.

▬▬ "Even if that walk happens at three in the morning with your best friends." ▬▬

Where: DADA
With Whom: Classmates
Thinking about: Can this class be over with? Finite Incatatem class.
Vespera Description: Short 4'5", blond hair, green eyes and obvious loss of tan from previous years.
Wearing: School robes
OOC: Open for Interaction

_____

_____

Third Year Classes

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items