Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Seventh Year Classes
Defense Against the Dark Arts VII ~ *Lesson 1/5* Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:15 am
When everything turns to black,
You don't know where to go...
You need something to justify your soul.
Silence is broken, confidence is gone;
Everything you're holding onto falls.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
FA N C H O N
M A R I E
C O H E N

Professor of DADA │ Muggleborn │ Haitian

Fanchon was writing the list of spells learned in fourth year on the board as the seventh years entered and took their seats. "The back of the room," she said, as she turned around, "Has a bedazzling hex cast on it, which you may try to deflect with Salvio Hexia. And this dummy," she wrapped an arm around it's non-existent shoulders, "Is ready to be stunned. You should all be familiar enough with tongue-tying charms and petrificus totalus, given the amount of squabbles you all seem to get into, and I won't stop you from practicing on each other, but gods know I'm not volunteering to be subject to that." She returned to her desk, ready to supervise, and to ensure no one was horribly maimed in some freak incident.

OOC:
Graydon Ironshield

Yukina101

Cara MiaKitty

Red Hot Missy

Essy ze Ninja

The Shiny Furret

Diamond Wales

All the people selling truths on every corner now-
They wait until the fear has knocked you down.
All the rules are changing now; you're living in sin...
Everything around you is caving in; all you're holding onto-
Is slipping like water through your hands.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:24 pm

FA N C H O N
M A R I E
C O H E N

Fanchon sat in her very comfortable chair, stroking Jacques, her cat, curled up in her lap, as though she were a Bond villain, and gave the room one final once over. She had enough tables and chairs to fit everyone, she'd made sure the room was spotless, in case anyone had any dust allergies, and she'd tried to make it.... if not quite welcoming, at least slightly less intimidating, although that was a bit difficult when the decor of the room literally included a giant skeleton of some magical beast suspended above the class. Ah well. They'd have to get used to Hogwarts's quirks at some point, and DADA was a notoriously challenging class, although not quite to the level of say, Transfiguration or Potions. However, it was extremely important, and if she had her way, she'd make it mandatory for all seven years. Alas, she could not have her way, so she only had five years to drill as much knowledge as possible through their hairy little heads. If she could make sure all of them could cast a proper shield charm, patronus, disarm someone, and defeat a boggart, she'd be happy. It would raise their life expectancy significantly. As the seventh years filtered into the room, she observed them stoically, not rising from her seat (and disturbing Jacques' nap) until everyone had taken their seats and were (mostly) quiet. "Bonjou. Good morning," she translated calmly, confident that her accent, while strong, was not an excuse for them to not listen. "I am Fanchon Cohen, and I am responsible for ensuring that all of you can recognize dark magic, and properly defend yourselves against it. My rules are written on the board. Follow them, don't follow them, it's your choice. This class is largely about choices. I'm here to demonstrate to you how to make good ones." Fanchon scanned the class for a moment, before raising her wand, and closing her eyes briefly as she focused on a happy memory, of winning her very first duel and the roar of the small crowd around her. A spectral looking bat fluttered forth from her wand, flapping its wings silently. "Fifteen points each to those of you who can successfully show me their patronus, in its full form. I'm not counting wisps of smoke."

OOC:
Devlyn Maycry

Cara MiaKitty

oyehh

Miss GryffindorK

murruelecreuset

Diamond Wales

Red Hot Missy

kiska166

Julian Galaksylph

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 5:19 pm

FA N C H O N
M A R I E
C O H E N

Fanchon was writing the list of spells learned in third year on the board as the seventh years entered. "We're going back to that wonderful time when you were all thirteen and NEWTs were just a far-off nightmare," she said, turning around with a slightly wry smile. "Sadly, I could not manage to get my hands on any grindylows or hinkypunks, but that rattling wardrobe in the back does in fact contain a boggart, and anyone who would prefer to test their knowledge on finite incantatem is welcome to come up here and try to get my desk down." Said desk was hovering up near the ceiling. Jacques the cat looked a bit distraught at his napping place being airborne, and so was wrapped around Fanchon's shoulders like a fur shrug instead.

OOC:
Devlyn Maycry

Cara MiaKitty

oyehh

Miss GryffindorK

murruelecreuset

Diamond Wales

Red Hot Missy

kiska166

Julian Galaksylph

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:48 pm

FA N C H O N
M A R I E
C O H E N

Fanchon was writing the list of spells learned in fourth year on the board as the seventh years entered and took their seats. "The back of the room," she said, as she turned around, "Has a bedazzling hex cast on it, which you may try to deflect with Salvio Hexia. And this dummy," she wrapped an arm around it's non-existent shoulders, "Is ready to be stunned. You should all be familiar enough with tongue-tying charms and petrificus totalus, given the amount of squabbles you all seem to get into, and I won't stop you from practicing on each other, but gods know I'm not volunteering to be subject to that." She returned to her desk, ready to supervise, and to ensure no one was horribly maimed in some freak incident.

OOC:
Devlyn Maycry

Cara MiaKitty

oyehh

Miss GryffindorK

murruelecreuset

Diamond Wales

Red Hot Missy

kiska166

Julian Galaksylph

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:15 am

FA N C H O N
M A R I E
C O H E N

Fanchon was writing the list of spells learned in fifth year on the board as the seventh years entered and took their seats. "The back of the room has objects that can be used for oppugno, and I encourage you to practice your shield charms with one another as well using simple hexes or jinxes." She gave them all a look that said she would not tolerate any actual dueling.

OOC:
Devlyn Maycry

Cara MiaKitty

oyehh

Miss GryffindorK

murruelecreuset

Diamond Wales

Red Hot Missy

kiska166

Julian Galaksylph

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:51 am

FA N C H O N
M A R I E
C O H E N

Fanchon sat in her very comfortable chair, stroking Jacques, her cat, curled up in her lap, as though she were a Bond villain, and gave the room one final once over. She had enough tables and chairs to fit everyone, she'd made sure the room was spotless, in case anyone had any dust allergies, and she'd tried to make it.... if not quite welcoming, at least slightly less intimidating, although that was a bit difficult when the decor of the room literally included a giant skeleton of some magical beast suspended above the class. Ah well. They'd have to get used to Hogwarts's quirks at some point, and DADA was a notoriously challenging class, although not quite to the level of say, Transfiguration or Potions. However, it was extremely important, and if she had her way, she'd make it mandatory for all seven years. Alas, she could not have her way, so she only had five years to drill as much knowledge as possible through their hairy little heads. If she could make sure all of them could cast a proper shield charm, patronus, disarm someone, and defeat a boggart, she'd be happy. It would raise their life expectancy significantly. As the seventh years filtered into the room, she observed them stoically, not rising from her seat (and disturbing Jacques' nap) until everyone had taken their seats and were (mostly) quiet. "Bonjou. Good morning," she translated calmly, confident that her accent, while strong, was not an excuse for them to not listen. "I am Fanchon Cohen, and I am responsible for ensuring that all of you can recognize dark magic, and properly defend yourselves against it. My rules are written on the board. Follow them, don't follow them, it's your choice. This class is largely about choices. I'm here to demonstrate to you how to make good ones." Fanchon scanned the class for a moment, before raising her wand, and closing her eyes briefly as she focused on a happy memory, of winning her very first duel and the roar of the small crowd around her. A spectral looking bat fluttered forth from her wand, flapping its wings silently. "Fifteen points each to those of you who can successfully show me their patronus, in its full form. I'm not counting wisps of smoke."

OOC:
Devlyn Maycry

Cara MiaKitty

oyehh

Miss GryffindorK

murruelecreuset

Diamond Wales

Summer II

Julian Galaksylph

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 5:59 pm

FA N C H O N
M A R I E
C O H E N

Fanchon was writing the list of spells learned in third year on the board as the seventh years entered. "We're going back to that wonderful time when you were all thirteen and NEWTs were just a far-off nightmare," she said, turning around with a slightly wry smile. "Sadly, I could not manage to get my hands on any grindylows or hinkypunks, but that rattling wardrobe in the back does in fact contain a boggart, and anyone who would prefer to test their knowledge on finite incantatem is welcome to come up here and try to get my desk down." Said desk was hovering up near the ceiling. Jacques the cat looked a bit distraught at his napping place being airborne, and so was wrapped around Fanchon's shoulders like a fur shrug instead.

OOC:
Devlyn Maycry

Cara MiaKitty

oyehh

Miss GryffindorK

murruelecreuset

Diamond Wales

Summer II

Julian Galaksylph

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 5:49 pm

FA N C H O N
M A R I E
C O H E N

OOC:
Devlyn Maycry

Cara MiaKitty

oyehh

Miss GryffindorK

murruelecreuset

Diamond Wales

Summer II

Julian Galaksylph

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 7:38 pm

FA N C H O N
M A R I E
C O H E N

Fanchon was writing the list of spells learned in fifth year on the board as the seventh years entered and took their seats. "The back of the room has objects that can be used for oppugno, and I encourage you to practice your shield charms with one another as well using simple hexes or jinxes." She gave them all a look that said she would not tolerate any actual dueling.

OOC:
Devlyn Maycry

Cara MiaKitty

oyehh

Miss GryffindorK

murruelecreuset

Diamond Wales

Summer II

Julian Galaksylph

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 10:39 am

User Image
FA N C H O N
M A R I E
C O H E N

OOC:
Devlyn Maycry

Cara MiaKitty

Kungfudemoness

Miss GryffindorK

kiska166

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 12:17 pm

User Image
FA N C H O N
M A R I E
C O H E N

OOC:
Devlyn Maycry

Cara MiaKitty

Miss GryffindorK

kiska166

Kungfudemoness

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 10:07 am

User Image
FA N C H O N
M A R I E
C O H E N

OOC:
Devlyn Maycry

Cara MiaKitty

Miss GryffindorK

kiska166

Kungfudemoness

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 7:32 pm

User Image
FA N C H O N
M A R I E
C O H E N

Fanchon sat in her very comfortable chair, stroking Jacques, her cat, curled up in her lap, as though she were a Bond villain, and gave the room one final once over. She had enough tables and chairs to fit everyone, she'd made sure the room was spotless, in case anyone had any dust allergies, and she'd tried to make it.... if not quite welcoming, at least slightly less intimidating, although that was a bit difficult when the decor of the room literally included a giant skeleton of some magical beast suspended above the class. Ah well. They'd have to get used to Hogwarts's quirks at some point, and DADA was a notoriously challenging class, although not quite to the level of say, Transfiguration or Potions. However, it was extremely important, and if she had her way, she'd make it mandatory for all seven years. Alas, she could not have her way, so she only had five years to drill as much knowledge as possible through their hairy little heads. If she could make sure all of them could cast a proper shield charm, patronus, disarm someone, and defeat a boggart, she'd be happy. It would raise their life expectancy significantly.

As the seventh years filtered into the room, she observed them stoically, not rising from her seat (and disturbing Jacques' nap) until everyone had taken their seats and were (mostly) quiet. "Bonjou. Good morning," she translated calmly, confident that her accent, while strong, was not an excuse for them to not listen. "I am responsible for ensuring that all of you can recognize dark magic, and properly defend yourselves against it. My rules are written on the board. Follow them, don't follow them, it's your choice. This class is largely about choices. I'm here to demonstrate to you how to make good ones." Fanchon scanned the class for a moment, before raising her wand, and closing her eyes briefly as she focused on a happy memory, of winning her very first duel and the roar of the small crowd around her. A spectral looking bat fluttered forth from her wand, flapping its wings silently. "Fifteen points each to those of you who can successfully show me their patronus, in its full form. I'm not counting wisps of smoke."

OOC:

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2018 11:57 am

User Image
FA N C H O N
M A R I E
C O H E N

OOC:

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 9:16 pm

User Image
FA N C H O N
M A R I E
C O H E N

OOC:

Seventh Year Classes

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff